Pokemon Seasons on Sale

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#1 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:14 PM

Noticed Indigo League seasons are $15.99 each, and Orange Islands is $14.99. I was tempted by all, but I made myself only get one.

http://www.amazon.co...n indigo league

#2 captainenforcer

captainenforcer

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:24 PM

Wow, very tempted to get all 3 Indigo seasons. Eh, what the heck, I'll want to continue watching once I finish Part 1, and it'll probably be back to regular price. Got all three! Thanks OP!

#3 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:48 PM

Thanks, I ordered all three Indigo League seasons! :D

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle; MGS3 HD  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Rogue Legacy
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [7/28]: :ps3: MGS2 HD [Extreme] (5/5)

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#4 abhinav

abhinav

"Scooty Puff Jr. sucks!"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:16 PM

Thanks, I ordered all three Indigo League seasons! :D

I did the same. The Pokemon series was a quintessential part of my childhood.

Twitter: Onekumar
Now Playing:
ifqh2N3.pngyErIY3s.png2q1uoso.jpg

#5 greenwolfe7

greenwolfe7

I play with dinosaurs!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:16 PM

I really need more shelf space :/

#6 Nesmaster75

Nesmaster75

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:34 PM

I haven't followed Pokemon in years (used to watch it all the time until Brock left the group from what I remember). How many seasons are there that include the original cast (I assume these three are the only ones available on DVD at the moment)? I would love to add them to my collection! Thanks for the heads up OP, and bringing these to my attention in the first place!
Posted Image

The O.C Re-runs on Soapnet
Remember The Black Donnellys? How about Saved?

#7 henry00x

henry00x

Chosen One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:01 PM

i cant get myself to buy these, why wont these release a complete set?

#8 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:01 AM

Ash, Misty, and Brock were only together for Kanto (the "Indigo League" sets) and Johto, which is OOP and available as a series of singles (Johto Journies), multi-episode compilations (Johto League Champions), and boxsets (Master Quest). Two episodes were never released on DVD.

Misty left starting in Hoenn, which is covered by the Advanced and Battle Frontier seasons. Brock leaves at the end of Sinnoh, which is covered in the DP (Diamond and Pearl) series. Ash is with two new companions in the still-airing BW (Black and White) seasons.

I really need more shelf space :/

You could do what I did and condense cases. Fit all of Kanto and Orange Islands in 3 cases.

#9 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:05 AM

i cant get myself to buy these, why wont these release a complete set?

Because The Pokemon Company International (who run the franchise in the US) and/or Viz don't see any profit in it. These releases are extremely bare bones and go OOP after a few months. These discs aren't marketed towards owners of TV series, they are marketed to the franchises' main demographic of 3-6 year olds.

Plus, the show is still going on and has about 700 episodes so a complete set would not be very feasible.

#10 greenwolfe7

greenwolfe7

I play with dinosaurs!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:43 AM

Is there anyway to get all the pokemon series digitally anywhere? I really feel like as long as this series is its something I would wanna go digital on as the shelf space and time consuming search would be ridiculous.

#11 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:43 AM

Is there anyway to get all the pokemon series digitally anywhere? I really feel like as long as this series is its something I would wanna go digital on as the shelf space and time consuming search would be ridiculous.

I think some of the episodes are on iTunes, but TPCI prefers streaming episodes.

And before anybody asks, none of these DVDs have the original Japanese version and Nintendo of Japan, TV Tokyo, and Media Factory will ensure they never will.

#12 whippleman

whippleman

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:45 AM

Man I remember watching this all the time as a kid. It saddens me that Misty and Brock leave, I guess I never watched one after that happened kind of glad too.

#13 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:54 AM

Man I remember watching this all the time as a kid. It saddens me that Misty and Brock leave, I guess I never watched one after that happened kind of glad too.

Misty and Brock were superficial to the series when they left. Misty had no contribution to the plot and her replacements, May and Dawn, introduced Pokemon Contests which allowed much less filler (and what filler was left was usually of better quality) while Brock was reduced to going gaga over girls and explaining what Tackle and Scratch do. Hell, in Sinnoh his team consisted of Sudowoodo, Happiny, and Croagunk. Croagunk is awesome as hell, but that is still a pitiful lineup. Replacement Cilan in Unova is one of the biggest hams in the series and is very popular.

#14 TheAggroCraig

TheAggroCraig

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:24 AM

I've had part 3 of the Indigo League in my Wish List forever now waiting for a price drop. I bought this set a month or so ago for about $15~ used and now this? I'm not mad by any means, it's just odd... oh well. I'll probably cave on the Orange Island set at this price.

Posted Image

(Ex: Buy/Half/DeepDiscount/Gamestop.com/etc)

#15 jfs_87

jfs_87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:58 AM

How long will these be that price? I need some time to think about this.

#16 abhinav

abhinav

"Scooty Puff Jr. sucks!"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:23 AM

Ash, Misty, and Brock were only together for Kanto (the "Indigo League" sets) and Johto, which is OOP and available as a series of singles (Johto Journies), multi-episode compilations (Johto League Champions), and boxsets (Master Quest). Two episodes were never released on DVD.

I was just thinking about picking up the Johto series too but I didn't realize it was such a mess. Hopefully they rerelease it soon.

Twitter: Onekumar
Now Playing:
ifqh2N3.pngyErIY3s.png2q1uoso.jpg

#17 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:27 PM

I was just thinking about picking up the Johto series too but I didn't realize it was such a mess. Hopefully they rerelease it soon.

Doubt it'll happen. They had the perfect chance when HeartGold/SoulSilver was released and didn't bother. TCPI or Nintendo or Viz apparently don't believe it will sell or have enough nostalgia factor. Even Japan is ignoring Johto, as all the old episodes being released on DVD are Kanto episodes.

#18 ChadThyJuggla

ChadThyJuggla

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:49 PM

I've had Part 1 for quite a while now and was waiting on the remaining two to reach a price like this. Ordered Part 2 & 3 yesterday.

#19 Chief Keef

Chief Keef

GBE 3hunna

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:22 PM

I did the same. The Pokemon series was a quintessential part of my childhood.

Same. What was the series in the late 90s? That's the one I grew up on in like 1st to 4th grade.

boy hold my jewelry its a pound, brick on my wrist right now

and Im finna go and scoop your bitch, and Im finna go and scoop some kicks

finna pull up on my ex, pull up on my ex make that bitch mad

I aint got no fuckin type of respect, but I heard you get respect with tec

BANG 2 COMING SOON ~~~~ 300 

#20 bvirus

bvirus

Alpha & Omega

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:43 PM

Indigo League Season 1 part 1-3 would be the ones your talking about.

#21 Kaiser499

Kaiser499

RPG Godfather

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:51 AM

Is the original beginning of Pokemon available on DVD or anything yet? That's the only series I'd be interested in.

Hir7Lx6.gif

Check Out My Gaming Stream

Kaiser499.png

#22 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:28 PM

That's what this thread is about. The original Kanto saga.

#23 Aurdos

Aurdos

Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:46 PM

I can't figure out whether I want to buy them or not... it's strange that they sell the season in parts rather than a box set like other TV shows. :(

#24 Vash1306

Vash1306

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:08 PM

I can't figure out whether I want to buy them or not... it's strange that they sell the season in parts rather than a box set like other TV shows. :(

The pokemon series is too massive to released as a whole set. Even the current and newer pokemon episodes are released in 10-13 episode sets.

The ones one sale now are the original pokemon saga (Kanto) + the orange island. Each set (4 in total) contains about 26 episodes each. Way better than the small sets released now for the new seasons.

#25 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:31 PM

Also, this allows various B&M stores to carry random DVDs in their kids sections next to Ninja Turtles and Baby Einstein and stuff. This was most obvious with Sinnoh, where most of the DVDs were crammed with episodes on a single disc. Said single discs could be sold individually or in a box set of 2. Combine that with low production values (no menu music, stock art everywhere, no extras) it makes for a decent profit.

Hell, they didn't even remake the Orange Island discs. They still have 12 episodes a piece (with the intro only played once on Disc 1) and they still include the trailer for the Celebi movie.

#26 Aurdos

Aurdos

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:23 AM

The pokemon series is too massive to released as a whole set. Even the current and newer pokemon episodes are released in 10-13 episode sets.

The ones one sale now are the original pokemon saga (Kanto) + the orange island. Each set (4 in total) contains about 26 episodes each. Way better than the small sets released now for the new seasons.

Then I shall consider myself lucky. :) I'm just being a cheapskate; I don't like to double-dip on TV/Movie sets.

#27 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:49 AM

Then I shall consider myself lucky. :) I'm just being a cheapskate; I don't like to double-dip on TV/Movie sets.

As someone who has been buying Pokemon DVDs for years now, I can say that double-dipping is a very, very rare occurance.

#28 Chief Keef

Chief Keef

GBE 3hunna

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:52 AM

Been like 10 days and mine hasn't shipped yet.

boy hold my jewelry its a pound, brick on my wrist right now

and Im finna go and scoop your bitch, and Im finna go and scoop some kicks

finna pull up on my ex, pull up on my ex make that bitch mad

I aint got no fuckin type of respect, but I heard you get respect with tec

BANG 2 COMING SOON ~~~~ 300 

#29 KageAlchemist

KageAlchemist

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:09 AM

Been like 10 days and mine hasn't shipped yet.

Glad to know I'm not the only one.

#30 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:39 AM

EDIT: Nevermind

Edited by DNukem170, 06 March 2013 - 03:52 AM.