Photo
- - - - -

Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2 $14.99 each at best buy free in-store pick up

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#31 paulcalypse

paulcalypse

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:48 AM

Bought Black 2, because it has Garchomp.

TyranitarJr.png

#32 rlse9

rlse9

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:50 AM

Picked up White at the local store this afternoon, they had about 15 copies of both Black and White.

Now Playing:

:wiiu: Scribblenauts Unlimited

#33 Kay_Faraday

Kay_Faraday

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:20 AM

Thanks OP. :D Purchased one of each. Too good to pass up at those prices!

#34 Rockabye

Rockabye

Been around

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:47 AM

Oh, so Nintendo and retailers figured out that people aren't going to buy tons of the last game on a system when it's a remake and the next one is out in eight months?

#35 gatordeve86

gatordeve86

CAG Master

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:49 AM

Walked into Best Buy and picked up the last copy of Pokemon Black 2 for $14.99. It rang up at the correct price and I didn't need to do in-store pickup. There were like 15 copies of White 2 but only one copy of Black 2. Thanks OP!

my local BB was opposite... had a million Black 2 but only one White 2 (which I got)

#36 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 06:30 PM

Oh, so Nintendo and retailers figured out that people aren't going to buy tons of the last game on a system when it's a remake and the next one is out in eight months?

I don't know of I'd call them remakes

#37 Perfect*Ending

Perfect*Ending

Cute Kelly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:59 AM

Really? This is a remake?
Posted Image
Best in the World!

New Acronyms:
MSRP = Many Stupid Ridiculous Prices
SAD = Shitty Ass Deal

If you have a PS3, but are not gamesharing, you're doing it wrong.
Get a $60 game on day one for as low as $10?! :hot:
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=339425

#38 cabiliss

cabiliss

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 17 February 2013 - 01:01 AM

Woot! just picked up both black and white 2 for less then the price of 1

#39 Perfect*Ending

Perfect*Ending

Cute Kelly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 01:30 AM

While this is a great deal on Pokemon Black 2/White 2, I just remembered the next Pokemon game, X and Y, come out later this year on 3DS. And with so many 3DS games coming out, Black 2 will get lost in my shuffle. :)
Posted Image
Best in the World!

New Acronyms:
MSRP = Many Stupid Ridiculous Prices
SAD = Shitty Ass Deal

If you have a PS3, but are not gamesharing, you're doing it wrong.
Get a $60 game on day one for as low as $10?! :hot:
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=339425

#40 FloodyFloats

FloodyFloats

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:25 AM

Yes, Nintendo and A single retailer figured that no one would buy a remake that doesnt exist.

#41 MillionBlades

MillionBlades

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:36 AM

Bought Pokemon White 2 and it was the last copy but they had few copies of Black 2.

I should have went with the Pokemon Black 2 cover its looks better now :( oh well:cry:

Gread deal regardless.

So is this a remake or not???

#42 TheAggroCraig

TheAggroCraig

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:50 AM

Bought Pokemon White 2 and it was the last copy but they had few copies of Black 2.

I should have went with the Pokemon Black 2 cover its looks better now :( oh well:cry:

Gread deal regardless.

So is this a remake or not???

It's a sequel to Black/White, but is barely more than what a third version would've been... it's still way better than Black/White though.

Posted Image

(Ex: Buy/Half/DeepDiscount/Gamestop.com/etc)

#43 ZerotypeX

ZerotypeX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:46 PM

I guess Black 2 was the popular version, went to best buy close to my work, shelves full of white 2, but empty space black 2. Was able to pick up black 2 by the one closes to my house, but they had to go in the back to get it. Thanks OP
Currently Playing:
with myself

Posted Image

#44 fishphoenix

fishphoenix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:33 PM

I guess Black 2 was the popular version, went to best buy close to my work, shelves full of white 2, but empty space black 2. Was able to pick up black 2 by the one closes to my house, but they had to go in the back to get it. Thanks OP

Depends on where I think. When I picked up White 2 on Friday there were maybe 10 copies of White 2 at the most but shelves of Black 2 everywhere.

#45 An Orange Cat

An Orange Cat

Pet My Fur

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:21 PM

It's not really a remake. It's the same game only a little bit different. It's good enough to buy if you never played Black or White. For me it was cool at first to see the slightly different areas, but I lost interest about 3 gyms into the game. Breeding was also something I liked, but you have to finish the game before you can start doing that in this one. Worse case scenario is you will get a free rental and Club Nintendo points since the value will always stay around $20.

Edit: it's also worth it just to build up a pokemon collection to transfer to the new 3ds game (assuming its possible).

Edited by sixspeednissan, 17 February 2013 - 08:32 PM.

#46 Scootsy

Scootsy

T'wolves/Magic/Bulls Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:01 PM

I got a copy of White 2 at the BestBuy in Wesley Chapel, FL. No copies of Black 2 left and only 1 left of White.

I am sooo, rebuilding my Pokemon collection after I buy a 3DS, I have to borrow my girlfriends DS to play this because I sold mine a few years back :(

#47 kcobra22

kcobra22

Standby for Titanfall

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:04 PM

Looks like they're both available for shipping again.

#48 Dark_Sage

Dark_Sage

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:21 PM

Thanks! Grabbed Black 2.

#49 NiiNJA

NiiNJA

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:22 PM

thanks! picked up a copy of black 2!

#50 ZerotypeX

ZerotypeX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:30 PM

Only black 2 showing available to ship
Currently Playing:
with myself

Posted Image

#51 ShadowAssassin

ShadowAssassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:03 PM

White 2 was up for a little bit.

#52 ThatOneGuyWho

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:28 PM

Got both for $20 (w/ coupon). My sister got White 2 and it rang up as $15 at the register. Mine were online pickup orders.

#53 MillionBlades

MillionBlades

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:08 AM

went back today and picked up Pokemon Black 2.... now I have both versions I'm satisfied. Will keep Black 2 unopened might sell it one day

#54 kmy

kmy

Roll Tide

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:13 AM

if anyone gets an extra copy of white, pm me i'll pay + for your efforts

#55 An Orange Cat

An Orange Cat

Pet My Fur

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:02 AM

Just a heads up. My local BB still has all the Preidents Day sale prices marked on the shelf. Lots of games were sold out, but Pokemon and several others were still marked down and in stock.

#56 BackInBlack

BackInBlack

Fisher Price DSL

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:10 AM

Got my store pick up today. BB called me sunday night to tell me they didn't have black 2 so i ordered white 2 at another store, since they didn't have white 2 either. I went in today to at least pick up Kid Icarus and they got some more black 2 in so I was able to get Kid Icarus and my copy of black 2. Glad those guys went out of their way to see if they had more. Rare occurence of good customer service at Best Buy? I left happy today.
StarCraft 2 - Roses

#57 Draknight

Draknight

Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:15 AM

Just a heads up. My local BB still has all the Preidents Day sale prices marked on the shelf. Lots of games were sold out, but Pokemon and several others were still marked down and in stock.

Means nothing since the tag has a date range on it indicating when the sale is valid and they have to override the sale price. But you can get it for the sale price from less knowledgable employees, managers usually won't go for it, unless they are not paying attention or just don't care.

#58 Gregtastic

Gregtastic

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:25 AM

When I went to pick mine up they accidentally gave me White instead of White 2. They fixed it, but I kind of wish I could get Black/White for $15 a piece too lol.

Follow @num1greg
TrueAchievements
XBL: Gregtastic

#59 darrenaero

darrenaero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 02:05 AM

I just finally opened my 3ds form the MK7 bundle when it was $170 and I totally forgot I even had a Wii. I'm sure I didn't login as whatever name I used on the Wii. Did I screw myself out of anything? The only digital games I bought were World of Goo and Super Mario Kart. There's not even an actual account ala Xbox and PS3, right?

#60 The Sifu

The Sifu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 02:16 AM

Means nothing since the tag has a date range on it indicating when the sale is valid and they have to override the sale price. But you can get it for the sale price from less knowledgable employees, managers usually won't go for it, unless they are not paying attention or just don't care.

Most Best Buys I've been to have a policy that if a price tag with a lower price is on the shelf, regardless of the end date on the tag, they will honor the lower price. If a manager is needed for an override in a situation like this, I've never had one refuse it. Just having an end date on a tag doesn't mean that the store shouldn't be replaicing them on a fairly regular basis.
Posted Image