Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2 $14.99 each at best buy free in-store pick up

Thanks, bought both. Pissed that I have to pay tax to have it sent to my stateside address because it is one of the random items that BB decides they don't want to ship APO.

[quote name='nightmarishhero']I don't know if your state gets charged tax by amazon but it seems to have been price matched, only pokemon white 2 though so far:

http://www.amazon.com/Pok%C3%A9mon-White-Version-2-nintendo-3ds/dp/B0050SVNP8/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1360950415&sr=8-2&keywords=pokemon+black+2[/QUOTE]
Thanks, I saw that on SD right after I posted, cancelled White 2 on BB, submitted a PM to them for Black 2, and am trying to find $10.01 worth of stuff on my wish list or saved in my cart to get FSSS (since I don't have Prime atm). They will ship it APO too, but even if they didn't, I wouldn't get hit with tax. I am home at the moment, but will head back overseas before the estimated delivery date from BB, so Amazon is perfect. I hope Black 2 gets PM'd before I find something to get.

Thanks for the heads up. Bought Black 2. I saw the presumed price match for White 2 on Amazon, but you can't actually order it. Black doesn't look like it's available from them either. I'll stick with BB and just wait for delivery...I have plenty to play in the meantime.

I called BB up to ask them about their APO shipping and was treated like I was a moron, so I cancelled the Black 2 also in favor of a potential Amazon PM. As soon as White 2 became unavailable, I re-ordered on BB. I guess I'll just have to deal with the tax and hope they come in before I leave the country again.

fucking Best Buy...I've been having this problem for months now. I can buy three or four games at once and it's completely random if any, some, or none will ship APO. Same with movies. And I know for damn sure there are no shipping restrictions on games or movies.
If there is a valid reason, something internally at their shipping dept or something, that would prevent random items from being able to ship to APOs, I would love to hear it and then I wouldn't have a problem anymore. But having it in their shipping policy that they ship almost everything to APO and treating me like I am dumb on the phone isn't something that makes me happy.
/rant over

[quote name='rinaka']So which version is better to get if I have the first Black?[/QUOTE]

black 2

story continues and you will be able to get the legendary that is not on the cover of black 1

Wow this is a fantastic deal. I bought Black 2 for full price and it was totally worth it. $15 is crazy.

Thanks OP, bought 2. I don't have a DS at the moment but I've never seen Pokemon games really go on sale, nevermind getting both editions for less than one at retail.

Been wanting to get White Version 2 for a while. I've had each Pokemon game starting in 1999 and I've never seen a non-spinoff title being sold new in stores for this price. Great deal, made my order, thanks CAG.

Never got around to playing the OG white or black even though I wanted to. Will I be too confused by the story line or will this be like a standard pick up and play pokemon game? thanks

[quote name='Matedawg11']Never got around to playing the OG white or black even though I wanted to. Will I be too confused by the story line or will this be like a standard pick up and play pokemon game? thanks[/QUOTE]

yeah you will be fine just playing this version. storyline will not get complicated

Walked into Best Buy and picked up the last copy of Pokemon Black 2 for $14.99. It rang up at the correct price and I didn't need to do in-store pickup. There were like 15 copies of White 2 but only one copy of Black 2. Thanks OP!

My gf was looking for something to get me for valentines day and forgot. Maybe she'll bite on this :p If she does I can transfer everyone to the new game and sell both my ds's and possibly every other old pokemon game I have and pick up a 3ds. THEN, buy animal crossing in June....yeeeesssss.

I had to pick them both up. It's a rarity to see Nintendo first party titles drop, especially the Pokemon franchise. Awesome!

[quote name='Sgt Barone']Walked into Best Buy and picked up the last copy of Pokemon Black 2 for $14.99. It rang up at the correct price and I didn't need to do in-store pickup. There were like 15 copies of White 2 but only one copy of Black 2. Thanks OP![/QUOTE]

Because it's black history month

Picked up White at the local store this afternoon, they had about 15 copies of both Black and White.

Oh, so Nintendo and retailers figured out that people aren't going to buy tons of the last game on a system when it's a remake and the next one is out in eight months?

[quote name='Sgt Barone']Walked into Best Buy and picked up the last copy of Pokemon Black 2 for $14.99. It rang up at the correct price and I didn't need to do in-store pickup. There were like 15 copies of White 2 but only one copy of Black 2. Thanks OP![/QUOTE]
my local BB was opposite... had a million Black 2 but only one White 2 (which I got)

[quote name='Rockabye']Oh, so Nintendo and retailers figured out that people aren't going to buy tons of the last game on a system when it's a remake and the next one is out in eight months?[/QUOTE]

I don't know of I'd call them remakes

[quote name='Rockabye']Oh, so Nintendo and retailers figured out that people aren't going to buy tons of the last game on a system when it's a remake and the next one is out in eight months?[/QUOTE]
Really? This is a remake?

While this is a great deal on Pokemon Black 2/White 2, I just remembered the next Pokemon game, X and Y, come out later this year on 3DS. And with so many 3DS games coming out, Black 2 will get lost in my shuffle. :)

Yes, Nintendo and A single retailer figured that no one would buy a remake that doesnt exist.

Bought Pokemon White 2 and it was the last copy but they had few copies of Black 2.

I should have went with the Pokemon Black 2 cover its looks better now :( oh well:cry:

Gread deal regardless.

So is this a remake or not???

[quote name='MillionBlades']Bought Pokemon White 2 and it was the last copy but they had few copies of Black 2.

I should have went with the Pokemon Black 2 cover its looks better now :( oh well:cry:

Gread deal regardless.

So is this a remake or not???[/QUOTE]

It's a sequel to Black/White, but is barely more than what a third version would've been... it's still way better than Black/White though.

I guess Black 2 was the popular version, went to best buy close to my work, shelves full of white 2, but empty space black 2. Was able to pick up black 2 by the one closes to my house, but they had to go in the back to get it. Thanks OP

[quote name='ZerotypeX']I guess Black 2 was the popular version, went to best buy close to my work, shelves full of white 2, but empty space black 2. Was able to pick up black 2 by the one closes to my house, but they had to go in the back to get it. Thanks OP[/QUOTE]

Depends on where I think. When I picked up White 2 on Friday there were maybe 10 copies of White 2 at the most but shelves of Black 2 everywhere.

It's not really a remake. It's the same game only a little bit different. It's good enough to buy if you never played Black or White. For me it was cool at first to see the slightly different areas, but I lost interest about 3 gyms into the game. Breeding was also something I liked, but you have to finish the game before you can start doing that in this one. Worse case scenario is you will get a free rental and Club Nintendo points since the value will always stay around $20.

Edit: it's also worth it just to build up a pokemon collection to transfer to the new 3ds game (assuming its possible).

Last edited by a moderator:
I got a copy of White 2 at the BestBuy in Wesley Chapel, FL. No copies of Black 2 left and only 1 left of White.

I am sooo, rebuilding my Pokemon collection after I buy a 3DS, I have to borrow my girlfriends DS to play this because I sold mine a few years back :(

bread's done
Back