Photo
- - - - -

DOA: Target PM BB's President's Day Sale: Professor Layton for 16.06 w/ $10 gift card

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#31 irishsoccermbw

irishsoccermbw

Prosecution Rests

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 05:31 PM

I never end up having any luck with PM+promos which sort of discourages me. I'd like to get all three (Icarus, Paper Mario, Layton) though and spend the $30 GC on Fire Emblem Awakening. It'd end up being $64+tax and a $10 gift card left over.

This is my plan for this evening, and as it's been said for years, "you miss 100% of the shots you don't take."

#32 karkyco

karkyco

Posted 16 February 2013 - 05:59 PM

Just chained together 5 separate game purchases with BB PM and $10 GC preorder deal. Just used Darksiders 2 for the first one and used the $10 GC on the next purchase. Rinse and repeat.

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif

#33 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 06:45 PM

im super confused by this "deal"

last i read it was ymmv to even get a price match at target let alone a free $10 gift card with a price match

#34 Capitalism HOO

Capitalism HOO

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 16 February 2013 - 06:46 PM

im super confused by this "deal"

last i read it was ymmv to even get a price match at target let alone a free $10 gift card with a price match

The price match shouldn't be YMMV. The gift card however is.

#35 krazyatack321

krazyatack321

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 07:09 PM

Price matched kid Icarus but the guy saw the trade in sign next to the game on best buy.com and kept telling me you had to trade in a game to get that price but finally price matched. The gift card thing didn't work for me

#36 LoCarb

LoCarb

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:04 PM

Just came from Target with the BB PM and got the $10 GC, plus the 5% discount for using the Target CC. Pretty good deal.

#37 Roukiske

Roukiske

For Great Justice

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:12 PM

I posted this on the best buy thread for this deal, but i'll post it here to give hope and tips to the other CAGs. Patience my friends, and also go to other targets in your area if they aren't too far if you get rejected by one.

Hey CAGs.

Well it took me 3 different targets to try to price match Miracle Mask at Target, but after a lot of patience I finally got it price matched. Then the manager who approved it left and I added in the pre-order card to get $10 back on a gift card. I guess you just have to get lucky with who you deal with as the young lady didn't question the gift card like others do with PMs. So that makes Miracle Mask $5! I was so hysterically happy I finally decided to pickup Zelda 3ds for $40 with another $10 gift card. In total with tax that was a little under $60 - $20 gift cards for them all, making it an effective 2 games for $40! I love you CAG!

#38 Desousa93

Desousa93

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:43 PM

If I buy 4 games in one transaction do I have to reserve 4 games and I'll get 4 giftcards?

#39 lonestarranger

lonestarranger

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:54 PM

If this works, Borderlands 2 @ $21 would be great.

#40 Desousa93

Desousa93

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:06 PM

Can I buy the games at the electronics counter and them pm at cs? Will they want the giftcards back if I price match?

#41 mightymek

mightymek

Welcome to the Gutter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:08 PM

Just got back from Target. I was able to pm Darksiders II LE for PS3 to $14.99 with manager override. At first, the cashier in Guest Svcs told me I had to ring up a GTA5 pre-order card I also brought up (just to try to see if the $10 gc would work) on a separate transaction from a price match. I didn't complain because I didn't want to try and cause a scene asking for the $10 gc or anything, so I told her I'll just buy the pre-order card on my grocery transaction later. Anyway, she then got the manager override done, and said to go ahead and give her the preorder card and she'll ring it up on the same transaction. So I did and she handed it back to me along with a $10 gift card! Score! Thanks for the idea OP.

13374.png

Scars of Life is back in 2013. As heard on the UFC!
New album A HEART STILL BEATS is out now!  Be sure to check us out on iTunes: http://itunes.apple....-life/id6136926

#42 HenDoggy

HenDoggy

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:25 PM

just wanted to update this and it worked for me on darksiders 2 xbox effectivly for 6.47 after getting the $10 giftcard. it took a while for the cs to get the overide from supervisor but she didn't question the giftcard. I also preorder the wii u lego game that comes with a free figure so score on that also. I had some target giftcards and used those on this purchase. Thanks op!

#43 te619

te619

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:36 PM

My price match was going well until the cashier saw the difference in price. She then tried to tell me that it was an exclusion to the policy because it was a door buster. I explained that it wasn't and asked to see the policy. She showed it to me. It did not exclude "doorbusters", even though I know this wasn't one. After I pointed it out, she said she would do it for me this one time. I got the match and the gift card, but she made it difficult.

#44 HenDoggy

HenDoggy

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:05 PM

i wasnt able to find the limited edition darksiders 2 at target. i wonder if they even got those in the first place. my copy was double shrink wrapped for some reason with another cover in front of the case lol waste of packaging

#45 mightymek

mightymek

Welcome to the Gutter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:25 PM

i wasnt able to find the limited edition darksiders 2 at target. i wonder if they even got those in the first place. my copy was double shrink wrapped for some reason with another cover in front of the case lol waste of packaging

I got the limited edition at Target today for PS3. They did not have the LE for Xbox though, only one copy of the standard edition.

13374.png

Scars of Life is back in 2013. As heard on the UFC!
New album A HEART STILL BEATS is out now!  Be sure to check us out on iTunes: http://itunes.apple....-life/id6136926

#46 letskissthesky

letskissthesky

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:26 PM

I ended up getting the deal for professor Layton. But at first the lady at cs said it had to be a physical ad. I said that they extended the price match online. She got a manager and he price matched no problem. Just asked me the price and didn't even look it up online. Just gave me the price and gift card. Awesome.

#47 mikepeluso

mikepeluso

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:41 PM

Just got shot down for price match on the Limited Edition for Xbox 360 and that was the only version they had.

#48 Waggles

Waggles

What the funk n waggle are you talkin' bout?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:44 PM

didn't work for me. :( No layton I guess..

#49 irishsoccermbw

irishsoccermbw

Prosecution Rests

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:56 PM

Just picked up Layton, preorder, and 10 dollar gc for 16 something. Deal of the year for me.

#50 Desousa93

Desousa93

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:17 PM

I got a if it has a giftcard tied to it we cant pm at all.

#51 juubei1i

juubei1i

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:18 PM

As I walked in, I confirmed with CS if they matched BB.com. I knew they did, just wanted to confirm the CS knew that. She said yes but before I could walk away she said they aren't matching BB's President Sale, only the weekly flier. She'd already turned away 10 people today. This is the head CS person so I didn't bother discussing it further.

I didn't even mention video games or gift cards.

Also, she had said I would need to show the deal on my phone. I know some people said Target has IPads, apparently not all of them.

Edited by juubei1i, 16 February 2013 - 11:20 PM.
added

#52 BigK_201

BigK_201

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:20 PM

If I buy 4 games in one transaction do I have to reserve 4 games and I'll get 4 giftcards?

If the deal works, you could do it on one transaction, or you could do one at a time and keep using each $10 gift card on each transaction. Make sense?

#53 BigK_201

BigK_201

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:22 PM

Can I buy the games at the electronics counter and them pm at cs? Will they want the giftcards back if I price match?

Good question, maybe. It would work out to the same price in the end though I think. Probably easiest to just price match it right away, unless they aren't giving you the deal.

#54 BigK_201

BigK_201

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:25 PM

Just got back from a different Target store in my area and picked up Kid Icarus Uprising for $6 (after using the $10 gift card I got from Layton yesterday) and got a reservation card for Luigi's Mansion. I ran into a friend of mine from Utah 3DS Streetpass and he was able to do it for Layton. The guys there at customer service didn't even question it, but maybe it's because we didn't bring up the Gift card deal to them.

My advice, when you have it price matched at guest services, DON'T ask them if they will do it, just see if they do, chances are that guest services doesn't know the details of the sale and they will just do what ever the computer tells them to.

Good luck again everyone! Lots of success here in SLC, UT.

#55 BigK_201

BigK_201

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:27 PM

As I walked in, I confirmed with CS if they matched BB.com. I knew they did, just wanted to confirm the CS knew that. She said yes but before I could walk away she said they aren't matching BB's President Sale, only the weekly flier. She'd already turned away 10 people today. This is the head CS person so I didn't bother discussing it further.

I didn't even mention video games or gift cards.

Also, she had said I would need to show the deal on my phone. I know some people said Target has IPads, apparently not all of them.

Yeah this lady doesn't know how their own policies work. You could try another store or even ask her if you could call a corporate center to complain. You could also try finding their policy online, print it out, and show it to her. Kind of a lot of work, but this is a great deal.

Or you could try going when she isn't there haha, like if she isn't working tonight :)

#56 El Gray

El Gray

Obscurity Sponge

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:31 PM

Ugh, shot down at the ATL/Edgewood store. The ipad display oddity that someone elsementioned-- it says TRADE IT IN! above the price on the ipad version of BB's site-- screwed the deal for me. Though it is obviously just a suggestion that you trade in the game, and NOT a part of the sale price, they wouldn't budge. The print ad at BB doesn't have these games listed, so I failed.

I even showed Target the prices on my phone, and they started quoting their policy of only matching what they saw ON THE SCREEN OF THEIR IPAD at me. Super frustrating.

Thanks for the idea, anyway.

#57 cjagar

cjagar

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:36 PM

had no problems PMing Layton at target. No go on stacking the gift card too though. They just asked me to show them the BB price on my phone. It did require a manager override but it only took a minute or two.

#58 HenDoggy

HenDoggy

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:39 PM

yeah just heads up i think 2day is last day they have the giftcard deal. and like bigk mention don't mention anything about a giftcard until after they scan both the game and preorder and the screen should prompt them to scan the free giftcard. i just played dumb when she told me i get a free giftcard lol.

#59 BobbyTastic

BobbyTastic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:10 AM

I did this for Paper Mario: Sticker Star & Kid Icarus Uprising, no problem. Was tempted to do it on Professor Layton but never really got into the series, and with Darksiders 2 LE but didn't wanna risk an argument over the LE vs Standard Edition (since the LE is priced @ $50 on the website) that resulted in them figuring out the accidental $10 GC. Oh well. *shrugs*

There was no problem doing it (employees probably didn't know any better), and the guy even let me do a return re-buy so I could get some cash back for when I picked up a copy of Sonic Generations 3DS for $16 (FINALLY, had to drive out 20 minutes for it. thanks for the helpful replies in the other Target thread). Between this & the BB stuff, was a great day to be a CAG.

Quick question, does Target PM Newegg now?

Also, the ONE snag I ran into is apparently you can only price-match one item per customer (per day, it seems) so I had to go to 2 different Targets, but it was worth it imo.

Official Hammerwatch Dispenser - $2 PayPal each

Well aren't the pandas going extinct?

You wouldn't be if you stopped being lazy and aggressively copulated.

Never have truer words been spoken.

#60 krazyatack321

krazyatack321

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:11 AM

Ugh, shot down at the ATL/Edgewood store. The ipad display oddity that someone elsementioned-- it says TRADE IT IN! above the price on the ipad version of BB's site-- screwed the deal for me. Though it is obviously just a suggestion that you trade in the game, and NOT a part of the sale price, they wouldn't budge. The print ad at BB doesn't have these games listed, so I failed.

I even showed Target the prices on my phone, and they started quoting their policy of only matching what they saw ON THE SCREEN OF THEIR IPAD at me. Super frustrating.

Thanks for the idea, anyway.

Ya the guy who told me seemed like a lazy douche because he didnt want to walk to guest services to pm and he just went on the ipad and did nothing. I pulled out my phone and showed him the deal and the screen where it doesn't say trade in but he still kept saying you had to trade in a game. I guess i got lucky when he finally agreed.