Photo
- - - - -

DOA: Target PM BB's President's Day Sale: Professor Layton for 16.06 w/ $10 gift card

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#61 jbman289

jbman289

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:18 AM

I got shot down in trying to get the Xbox 360 limited edition of Darksiders II price matched to BBs price. Their ipad showed them the standard edition for $14.99 and the Limited edition for $49.99. They said they could only price match the standard edition. I tried to tell them that they're the same product and the same UPC but they wouldn't listen, so frustrating.

#62 karkyco

karkyco

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:41 AM

I got shot down in trying to get the Xbox 360 limited edition of Darksiders II price matched to BBs price. Their ipad showed them the standard edition for $14.99 and the Limited edition for $49.99. They said they could only price match the standard edition. I tried to tell them that they're the same product and the same UPC but they wouldn't listen, so frustrating.

Since they're the same UPC, purchase one copy of the Limited Edition version at full price on a separate receipt, and one copy of the pricematched regular version for the $14.99 price. Return regular version with full price Limited Edition receipt. Problem solved.

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif

#63 zerobscure

zerobscure

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:45 AM

that's too bad. i lucked out in getting the limited edition @ my target. maybe go back when they're near closing time and they're all tired and want to go home???

that's what i did. lol 30 mins to closing... never heard anything from them aside from "wow, really??" after seeing the BB pms.

#64 zerobscure

zerobscure

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:47 AM

did they ask you for a ad?

no ad was asked. employee just brought me down to customer service where they had an ipad and asked me which site i was using to pricematch. they check the site on their own.

#65 Masterkyo

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 01:03 AM

I scored 7 Free Gift Card :) Picked up 2 copies Kids Icarus, 2 Copies Professor Layton, Darksiders 2 LE (360/PS3), and Epic Mickey 2 :) Got denied Target in Independence, MO. Stopped by Super Target Lees Summits & scored BIG :)
"Evil is Funs"

#66 Paladinion

Paladinion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:01 AM

After seeing this thread I headed up to my Target and grabbed a copy of Professor Layton and Skyward Sword off from a employee. On my way to the guest service center I grabbed a 1$ reserve card for Luigis Mansion. Brought it to the guy behind the counter and asked for a price match and I showed him the site off of my phone. Because the price difference was so great tho he brought out there iPad they use to price match sites and searched BB for it to cover his @$$. When he price matched it I also gave him the reserve card and the $10 gift card messaged popped right up so he grabbed one out of the desk and handed it to me.

After he handed me the gift card and the game (which comes to like 16.xx, I never even got charged for the $1 reserve) I asked him to price match Skyward Sword to the BB price of $20 on a separate transaction and used my $10 gift card, so that was 11 bucks and some change for that.

So for about 26 bucks for Layton and Skyward Sword (came with the bonus music CD as well) I am very happy. Thanks OP!

#67 forthenguyen

forthenguyen

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:03 AM

I got a Kid Icarus with GC but felt kind of awkward so I didn't get a copy of Miracle Mask. This is probably the first time I've had luck with these kinds of things, but too bad it was Target which made me feel a bit guilty. If it were Best Buy, Walmart, or GS I probably wouldn't have cared and got both games.

#68 V878

V878

Let's hug it out

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:05 AM

Went to Electronics first for the PM but dude there was really adamant about not PM'ing if I didn't have a print ad. Went up to Guest Services afterwards and they just checked the BB deal on their iPad and matched up. Glad it was successful in the end, but kinda funny how the experience varies depending which employee you talk to.

#69 bob330i

bob330i

just lookin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:26 AM

Went to Electronics first for the PM but dude there was really adamant about not PM'ing if I didn't have a print ad. Went up to Guest Services afterwards and they just checked the BB deal on their iPad and matched up. Glad it was successful in the end, but kinda funny how the experience varies depending which employee you talk to.

Had a similar experience. Guy in electronics wouldn't/couldn't do it because it's "online" (I was using my phone). I asked him if I could go to CS and ask there. They had no issues with the PM (just got a manager to approve) and the $10 GC popped out. Unfortunately, the only had Layton and it was the last one in the locked cabinet, had to find that last one in an endcap case.

#70 smackinisaiah

smackinisaiah

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:42 AM

I just did this deal but with Epic Mickey 2 for the Wii. BB.com has it for $11.99 and after a PM at Guest Services, I was able to get the game and reserve for 13 out the door. My girlfriend and I both took advantage of the deal. The only problem we had was them not being able to PM the same item more than once per transaction, which is standard policy. What's really cool is the trade in value at GameStop (at least in MI) is current $15 credit or $12 cash so the idea of an absolutely free $10 GC to Target sounds enticing.

#71 ibelongtohalo

ibelongtohalo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 03:24 AM

I was able to price match Professor Layton, though it did take a couple of tries. The first time I tried, the guy was trying to tell me that if I price match it, I wouldn't be able to get the gift card. The second time out, I didn't even mention the gift card. The lady just pulled one out.

#72 karkyco

karkyco

Posted 17 February 2013 - 03:24 AM

Thanks so much for posting this OP. Epic deal is EPIC. I had the Target pricematch policy already pulled up on my phone in case there were any problems, but it worked like a dream.

I just finished chaining a bunch of pricematches together at Target for this deal combined with the $10 GC. They let me do as many PMs as I wanted as long as they were different items (according to their policy you can only do one PM on a particular item per day per store).

Started with Epic Mickey 2 Wii for $11.99 + $1.00 preorder card -> $10 GC, applied that to the next pricematch purchase, Paper Mario Sticker Star $19.99 + $1.00 preorder card = $10.99 -> $10 GC

Used that on Darksiders 2 PS3 which was $5.99 after GC and $1 card, then Darksiders 2 X360 for the same $5.99 + GC (they wouldn't PM the LE versions to the $14.99 price, but since the LE versions and regular versions have the same UPC code it will be no problem to 'upgrade' these), then Professor Layton for the same $5.99 + GC, then Kid Icarus for the same $5.99 + GC, Skyward Sword for $10.99 + GC, and finished by using that GC for $19.99 PM'd RE6 bringing that to $9.99.

Borderlands 2 for $21 after GC was just a bit too much for me just to throw it on the backlog, especially since no doubt there will be some Complete/Ultimate/GOTY Edition released in the near future. I'll get the Pokemon games tomorrow since it's no rush to either pick them up at the Best Buy or go next door to the Target for PM if they are sold out at BBY. I just wanted to make sure I got all the double dip games today.

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif

#73 XF Gator

XF Gator

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 03:45 AM

Epic deal, good thing it didn't get on to SlickDeals.

Thanks OP and everyone for keeping quiet.

#74 BigK_201

BigK_201

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:28 AM

Happy to hear this worked out for a lot of you! :) Sorry to hear a lot of you ran into problems, though. :(

#75 biggie2123

biggie2123

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:40 AM

I was able to take full advantage of this deal!

I picked up:
Darksiders II regular edition
Pokemon B and W 2
Layton
Mario sticker star

Used the $30 gift cards that I got to return/rebuy Fire Emblem I bought a week ago and then got the $10 giftcard for this game as well.

All for a total of 85 bucks with the Target red card. Great deal OP!

#76 El Gray

El Gray

Obscurity Sponge

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:14 AM

Thankfully, they were WAY more relaxed at the ATL/Atlantic Station store. I stopped by there later in the evening and the lone girl at CS did the match without a problem. She had to call in approval from a manager, but they didn't hesitate.

Got my Layton and Paper Mario + $20 in GCs. Thanks again for the idea!

#77 mikepeluso

mikepeluso

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:01 AM

I always get the turd employee at the customer service and never get any of these really great deals.

#78 Desousa93

Desousa93

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:55 AM

Was in another target asked about it. Wanted the print ad. I decided to give up there instead of educate the employee and go thro all of that effort.

#79 Stimes

Stimes

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:01 PM

This is dead now I assume.

#80 XF Gator

XF Gator

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:05 PM

This is dead now I assume.

$10 GC ended yesterday, you can still PM normal though.

#81 Stimes

Stimes

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:07 PM

$10 GC ended yesterday, you can still PM normal though.

Oh wells.

#82 SoulesSamurai

SoulesSamurai

Bound By Honor

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 03:45 PM

Gonna try this at the target in abilene, tx. Gonna pm dead space 3 w/u kmart and darksiders 2 at bb.com.... darksiders trades in for 17u at gamestop so this would be a good flip!
Posted Image

#83 SoulesSamurai

SoulesSamurai

Bound By Honor

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 03:48 PM

Didnt realize its sunday..... dam booze.... oh well....
Posted Image

#84 dark_inchworm

dark_inchworm

Oyasuminasai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:24 PM

Apparently my post got deleted? Can't fathom why. Anyway, to reiterate: a big THANK YOU to the OP for bringing this deal to everyone's attention. It's one of the best I've seen in a while, questionable as it may be. Too bad it is now dead.

Looking to sell codes for The Gunstringer and Fruit Ninja Kinect, together or separately. Message me with your offer.

Stream KMFDM's new album KUNST in its entirety here!

#85 deftrance

deftrance

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:03 PM

Missed out on the gift card, but still picked up Pokemon White 2 and Darksiders II LE for 14.99 each this AM. Thanks OP!