Amazon Gold Box - 2/19 - Schedule in OP - Dead Space 3 $40 & More

• Please log in to reply
141 replies to this topic

#121 wasurenai

wasurenai

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:49 AM

I'd be all over the RE anniversary edition if it was the PS3 one. 360's been gathering dust for like two years at this point.

#122 brewin

brewin

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:04 AM

What do you fellas think: RE6 Archives worth it for $40 or do you think it'll get cheaper? I wouldn't plan on playing it any time soon but I also don't want to miss out on this if it's going to become harder to find or go up in price.

I dont really see this going up in value since most of the content is download. I think the only discs are for RE 6 and the DVD movie. $40 is a good price if you dont already own any of the content though. RE 4 and CV are $20 each on the marketplace and RE 6 was just on sale for $20. U can find RE 5 Gold for cheap im sure, but I like this bundle because I dont own any of these for the 360. The PS3 version is better because it includes more of the games, such as RE 1, 2, & 3, but this is still a pretty good deal IMO. And if you have never played these games then this is a must buy!
Posted Image

#123 therealdanhill

therealdanhill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:12 AM

Sorry if this has been asked, but I am going to Best Buy tomorrow, will I be able to PM Dead Space 3 for 360? I preordered it there. Do they check it on their computers or do I just show them a screenshot?

I don't get the decision to not have a GameCube disc reader on the system. Is it just to resell GCN games as eShop downloads later? Is it to keep the cost down? I can't imagine adding GameCube BC would cost a lot of money.

Posted Image

#124 burritoman

burritoman

Bounty Hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:26 AM

What the Fuck Amazon? No Zumba? Seriously?

3DS Friend Code: 2492-4618-0670 Always looking for new Pokemon!

#125 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:04 AM

I dont really see this going up in value since most of the content is download. I think the only discs are for RE 6 and the DVD movie. $40 is a good price if you dont already own any of the content though. RE 4 and CV are $20 each on the marketplace and RE 6 was just on sale for $20. U can find RE 5 Gold for cheap im sure, but I like this bundle because I dont own any of these for the 360. The PS3 version is better because it includes more of the games, such as RE 1, 2, & 3, but this is still a pretty good deal IMO. And if you have never played these games then this is a must buy!

I want to pick up the PS3 version since it's a better deal. I don't know why they wouldn't make both editions the same....strange if you ask me.

Forza 5 Full Game Download/Titanfall Full Game Download - $80 bundle

Ms. Splosion Man and Pinball FX XBL Codes for Sale/Trade

This is my new theme song. "Man, you're a CheapAssGamer."

YouTube

#126 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:04 AM

well RE is flying off the shelves i got here right at 6 PST and already 16% was gone lol.

#127 brewin

brewin

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:13 AM

I want to pick up the PS3 version since it's a better deal. I don't know why they wouldn't make both editions the same....strange if you ask me.

I think the PS1 RE games are exclusive to PS digitally.. maybe? The other strange thing is that the PS3 version lacks a copy of Code Veronica, which IMO is one of the better RE games. I loved it on the Dreamcast and it was a huge boon for that system back in the day. Also, when PS + first launched one of the initial perks was access to the PS1 RE games, so I already have those on my PS3. As much as I love the early RE games, they have not aged well at all and I think the package of RE 4, CV, 5, and 6 is a damn good value @ $40 for 360 owners.
Posted Image

#128 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:16 AM

I think the PS1 RE games are exclusive to PS digitally.. maybe? The other strange thing is that the PS3 version lacks a copy of Code Veronica, which IMO is one of the better RE games. I loved it on the Dreamcast and it was a huge boon for that system back in the day. Also, when PS + first launched one of the initial perks was access to the PS1 RE games, so I already have those on my PS3. As much as I love the early RE games, they have not aged well at all and I think the package of RE 4, CV, 5, and 6 is a damn good value @ $40 for 360 owners.

I remember those games being included in the PS+ update a while ago. I didn't know how rare this game was going to be. It's $100 on eBay. What I should've done was bought the Anthology, and traded RE6 in. Wasn't thinking. No way I'm paying $150 for that collection. $40 isn't a bad deal at all.

Forza 5 Full Game Download/Titanfall Full Game Download - $80 bundle

Ms. Splosion Man and Pinball FX XBL Codes for Sale/Trade

This is my new theme song. "Man, you're a CheapAssGamer."

YouTube

#129 ZombiesWorld

ZombiesWorld

Would you kindly?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:18 AM

$40 for Archives is a pretty great deal imo. I'd be all over it if I didn't already own Res 4 and Code Veronica. Res 4, Code V and Res 5 Gold Edition are easily worth the $40 alone.
Zombies%20World.jpg
fss_overall.png

8-) A CAG that plays his games 8-)

#130 Daniel09

Daniel09

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:19 AM

Got Hitman.I thought it was going to 35, but I got it anyway since I already returns my standard copy.

#131 gatordeve86

gatordeve86

CAG Master

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:30 AM

got RE6 for $30 after employee discount... awesome thing is they gave me discount on the original price and not the gold box price

#132 Mikko

Mikko

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:30 AM

Any chance the PS3 bundle is a price drop? It's still sitting at it's 249 price point.

#133 ckc4043

ckc4043

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:58 AM

Got Hitman.I thought it was going to 35, but I got it anyway since I already returns my standard copy.

do you need to pay the return shipping? Base on your return reasons?

#134 ckc4043

ckc4043

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:01 AM

I am still on the fence about RE6...

#135 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:02 AM

yes amazon makes you pay for return shipping.

#136 SquallX41269

SquallX41269

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:10 AM

Pulled the Trigger on RE6....thanks guys :)

#137 nddave

nddave

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:43 AM

I bought RE6 Archives the DL games are worth the 40
CAG4LIFE

#138 Frog Ribs

Frog Ribs

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:05 AM

Son of a bitch. Was checking out when the time ran out and the price jumped.

Oh well.

#139 Greatwhitecoley

Greatwhitecoley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:06 AM

was able to get them to refund me a bit from my purchase of RE over the weekend. Pretty happy right now.

#140 Daniel09

Daniel09

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:07 AM

do you need to pay the return shipping? Base on your return reasons?

Not for the reason i picked. :-#

#141 DirtySeeSaw

DirtySeeSaw

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:15 AM

Decided to grab RE6, never played 4 or Code Veronica and never did the RE5 DLC. The loss of survival horror didnt sway me much, DS3 lost its but I still am enjoying it. With the Walking Dead back on I find it hard to pass up anything Zombie related it seems.

#142 gantt

gantt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:03 AM

Final deal is Xbox 360 Wireless Racing Wheel by Mad Catz for $119.99.

A little hard to stomach given the original Microsoft wheel sold for <$100 with force feedback, and this is Mad Catz - although they do seem to have upped their game lately with some of their licensed products.