Nintendo 3DS $139.99 (multiple colors) Shipped via Newegg

Every color but pink. Good find OP.

The cheapest I've ever seen these is at $129.99 but where newegg has 2% cashback and no tax this is a better price for me.

While the 3DS is doing fine without a lower price, I do think having the normal model at $99 or $129 would do wonders.

They're making a profit on each unit now so they should milk that a little longer.

I hope they come out with an improved regular 3DS unit, shrink the size down (make it LITE) by giving it a MicroSD slot, keep the screens roughly the same size, better battery life and then just make the corners more rounded like the 3DS XL.

At the same time though they will probably keep the current price until after this year. Pokemon comes in October and they've got an amazing summer line up on 3DS too.

Extremely tempted by this...I've had a regular 3ds before but sold it due to no games(mistake). I'm dying to have fire emblem and the upcoming releases this year so i've decided to purchase one again. I skipped on the bestbuy XL deal because I don't really like the available colors :(. I think i'll just hold off for a new color or bundle.

XL is the way to go. This is a great deal maybe as a gift for a younger relative or something, but if you're buying one for yourself the XL is much nicer.

As expected, the thread has devolved into "Why would anyone buy the original now that the XL is in existence?"

Ignoring that fact that the XL wasn't released to replace the 3DS, but to supplement it. There are reasons to still want the original model.

[quote name='maximumzero']As expected, the thread has devolved into "Why would anyone buy the original now that the XL is in existence?"

Ignoring that fact that the XL wasn't released to replace the 3DS, but to supplement it. There are reasons to still want the original model.[/QUOTE]

At least we haven't seen a "holding out for the 3DS lite" :roll: or "waiting on the 'inevitable' 3DS redesign with built in 2nd analog." Ugh...in fact I haven't seen these comments in a while and they were EVERYWHERE. They seem to have died down after the XL was announced though, which is definitely a good thing.

[quote name='AZR43L']At least we haven't seen a "holding out for the 3DS lite" :roll: or "waiting on the 'inevitable' 3DS redesign with built in 2nd analog." Ugh...in fact I haven't seen these comments in a while and they were EVERYWHERE. They seem to have died down after the XL was announced though, which is definitely a good thing.[/QUOTE]

3ds lite would be prefect though. :booty:

I really want the Blue one just so I can stop using my Zelda 3DS even though I take amazing care of it. I just want one to use for shits and I really like the blue color. Might have to hold out until it's 9.99.

Ive got a 3ds. Been accumulating a good lineup of games. Waiting for a 3ds XL around $160 (ugh I missed that last time) and ill sell my 3ds.

I bought a standard red 3DS yesterday for $150. I honestly didn't want the XL, I'm not sure why. I wish I would've known about the sale. I would have only saved 10 bucks. But still.

[quote name='maximumzero']As expected, the thread has devolved into "Why would anyone buy the original now that the XL is in existence?"

Ignoring that fact that the XL wasn't released to replace the 3DS, but to supplement it. There are reasons to still want the original model.[/QUOTE]True, but the same as a 42" TV does not replace, but supplement a 32" TV, most people prefer and rather have the larger model.

Holding at for limited edition 3DSi SP Color Pocket Micro Super Slim Lite 3000 Jr. 2XL Bundle, featuring dual sticks, with games and accessories at $99, with gift card and and rebate.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Agent Orange']Holding out for 3DS Lite XL, with dual thumbsticks, at $99 price point.[/QUOTE]Holding at for limited edition 3DSi Super Slim & Lite 2XL Games and Accessories Bundle, featuring dual sticks, at $99, with gift card and and rebate.

[quote name='Serious McMopy']True, but the same as a 42" TV does not replace, but supplement a 32" TV, most people prefer and rather have the larger model.[/QUOTE]

You don't carry a TV around with you.

[quote name='Agent Orange']Holding out for 3DS Lite XL, with dual thumbsticks, at $99 price point.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure that will happen, when Nintendo's next-gen handheld is released in 2018

bread's done
Back