Photo
- - - - -

What hard to find/discontinued products and companies do you miss?

• Please log in to reply
185 replies to this topic

#61 MisterModest

MisterModest

Custom User Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:56 PM

Just remembered another one..

Crispy M&M's!

We still have them here in Ireland.

#62 FloodyFloats

FloodyFloats

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:23 PM

just remembered sour skittles and frozen pop tarts.

#63 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:28 PM

My favorite drink, haven't had it since the glass bottle days but I hear they still sell it in the deep south. Sam's Club will order it for you, but only by the pallet.

http://www.samsclub....?sprodId=138892

I don't miss it that much. :lol:

just remembered sour skittles and frozen pop tarts.

Sour Skittles are still around. I never cared for them that much, as they usually made my mouth sore with that rough coating they have. I prefer the tropical flavors or Skittles Blenders.

-

I also miss the original salsa-flavored Doritos. Kroger has a store brand that's close, but the original was the best.

#64 davo1224

davo1224

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:30 PM

Baked Doritos which you can't find anywhere in my area

#65 luvmysegadc

luvmysegadc

All CAGs hail Hypnotoad!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:49 PM

I also miss Babbages

Add Funcoland and Electronic Boutique (not the current bastardization know as GameStop/EBGames).

Also, is Electronic Gaming Monthly still a physical mag?

#66 FloodyFloats

FloodyFloats

Posted 18 February 2013 - 01:51 AM

I figured that they where still around just never see em in the check out lane. Are tropical the ones that have blue packaging? Are blenders the ones that swich the flavors and colors around? I think there was a smoothie variation too. And skittles gum.

#67 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 01:54 AM

I figured that they where still around just never see em in the check out lane. Are tropical the ones that have blue packaging? Are blenders the ones that swich the flavors and colors around? I think there was a smoothie variation too. And skittles gum.

Yeah, tropical is in the blue bag. Blenders have flavors like cherry tropicolada and mango lemonade. The ones with the mixed up colors are Skittles Riddles.

#68 tcrash247

tcrash247

ghosts.nin.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:58 AM

Mr. Pibb. Well not really. I've never tasted it and I wonder what it's like.

Mr. Pibb is the shit. I love Dr. Pepper but Pibb is way better. The only places I know of that sell it are my local Cinemark theater and Chipotle.

I really miss Pepsi Twist I think it was called, it was lemon flavored Pepsi and I would drink that shit every day. Dr. Pepper Berries and Creme was really good too.

#69 Hammer.exe

Hammer.exe

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 03:06 AM

Planters cheese balls. You know, the ones in the blue canister and yellow lid. Those were AMAZING.
Also add Taco Bells Blackjack tacos to the list. I loved those things.

#70 Sarang01

Sarang01

My Use Name Is Saber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 03:20 AM

Godiva makes one that is 90%. I found them at Homegoods, but I figure other stores have them too, check Kroger or your local grocery store.

Problem is companies like Godiva use milk or some animal by-product as a filler in their Dark Chocolate.
Posted Image

"Friends let friends eat each other out.".

#71 YoshiFan1

YoshiFan1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 03:32 AM

Ice Cream Cones cereal
Nintendo Mario/Zelda cereal

For companies, Circuit City. They had such awesome clearance deals and I really built up my PS2 and XBox collections because of those deals.

Pumpkin Pie Pop-tarts. So good, but so limited.

Whenever I see them in the late summer/early fall, I always buy at least 5 or 6 boxes since the expiration date is usually close to a year away. They should be sold all year.

#72 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 03:40 AM

Planters cheese balls. You know, the ones in the blue canister and yellow lid. Those were AMAZING.
Also add Taco Bells Blackjack tacos to the list. I loved those things.

OH Fuck YES!!! I loved those things and I generally hate cheesy snacks!

#73 Blabadon

Blabadon

I just like video games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 03:41 AM

LeBron's Lightning Lemonade.

Best. Gum. Ever.

#74 FloodyFloats

FloodyFloats

Posted 18 February 2013 - 03:45 AM

Yeah, tropical is in the blue bag. Blenders have flavors like cherry tropicolada and mango lemonade. The ones with the mixed up colors are Skittles Riddles.

Oh ill have to try blenders then.

For companies I miss KB toys.

Oh and i dont miss em but I remember the aol trial disc being in every shop.

#75 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:30 AM

Microsoft D67-00001 Trackball Mouse. Best mouse I've ever used in my life. Logitech M570 comes closest, but still far from being at the same level. It was discontinued about 10 years ago.

http://www.amazon.co...=pd_sim_sbs_e_6

When it comes to mice I miss the Intelimouse Explorer. I love this thing, but ti's worn out, and they're also discontinued. I've actually owned two of these.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#76 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:37 AM

Oh and as for food, I miss Pepsi Holiday Spice. It was Pepsi with cinnamon flavoring and it was only sold for a few months around Christmas one year.

Link

http://www.google.co...Q9QEwAQ&dur=157
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#77 dafoomie

dafoomie

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:39 AM

Add Funcoland and Electronic Boutique (not the current bastardization know as GameStop/EBGames).

The Funcoland price sheets were outstanding. For those who don't know, they used to print the price of every game they sold on newsprint.

#78 dafoomie

dafoomie

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:40 AM

When it comes to mice I miss the Intelimouse Explorer. I love this thing, but ti's worn out, and they're also discontinued. I've actually owned two of these.

Newegg had a run of 3.0's made and sold them around the holidays for around $20-$30.

#79 tsa4lyfe

tsa4lyfe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:51 AM

KFC Spicy Chicken Strips. I still crave those...

#80 bigpimpin24

bigpimpin24

Killamanjaro!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:17 AM

The Angry Tender crisp from Burger King. I also wish they made the angry whopper available year round. I prefer chicken though

#81 Nick45

Nick45

Waiting for Persona 5!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:50 AM

There's lots of foods I miss:
Wonka Bars
Wonka Donutz
The old Wendy's, specifically their old chicken nuggets and fries
Wonder Ball
And I'm sure I could go on and on. I also miss Circuit City for sure.

#82 Mayson

Mayson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:16 AM

I'm feeling lucky. I've been dreading reading about something I loved in my youth that disappeared without my knowing about it.

Or maybe I'm unlucky 'cause I missed out on all the awesomeness.

I'm googling this stuff and most of these things I've never even heard of. The weird thing is I'm seeing some of the same foods mentioned over and over.

Ohh...here's some I remember(though didn't necessarily like):
Magic Middles

Squeezits

PB Crisps

PB Max

Gatorade Gum

#83 batman1939

batman1939

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:48 AM

And i remember some chocolate chip cookie cereal commercial with a dog.

Are you talking about Cookie Crisp? I remember commercials with a cop and robber, then cop, robber, and dog, then just dog, and now it has a wolf on the box.

I miss KFC chicken nuggets, WWF ice cream bars, and Mickey Mouse ice cream bars (had chocolate covered chocolate ears.)

#84 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:30 AM

Also Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Puddin' Pies.

Those things were disgusting, I still remember the texture of slime. . .

I guess for companies, arcades in general. Internet ruined everything. :(

#85 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:26 AM

I miss KFC's Popcorn Chicken. These new Bites suck horribly.

#86 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:18 PM

Anyone remember Dr. Pepper bubble gum, that stuff was awesome. It had Dr. Pepper syrup in the middle of the gum.

pic: http://www.google.co...Q9QEwAg&dur=973

#87 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:39 PM

Thankfully no lol. I like dr pepper but the thought of dr pepper gum just makes me feel nauseous.

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Madden 13 SB Champ in the CAG gentleman's league.

#88 Strell

Strell

LOBSTERS!....IN MY PANTS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 03:39 PM

Discontinued:
  • Root Beer Flavored Nerds - They were really just the cherry ones with a "cola" flavor nerd mixed in. They were delicious.
  • Grape Nerds Movie Box - You used to be able to get a box of just grape nerds at the movie theater. God I miss those. Yeah, you can get the boxes with strawberry, but I just want the grape ones.
  • Dinasour Eggs - Like Gobstoppers, but way better. These might be called "Dynasour" eggs.
  • Tart 'n Tinys - I miss the original and the candy coated versions. Seriously, what is with companies eliminating all these hard sour candies over the years? I thought there was a trend toward that exact type of candy recently.
  • Chocolate Vanilla Creme Poptarts - These have been discontinued at least twice. It was heartbreaking both times.
  • Quizno's Traditional - These were amazing. Absolutely the best snadwich from a fast food place I've ever had. Then Quizno's went downhill and I couldn't find this in the two I tried years ago. Haven't even bothered since.
  • "Super" Doritos - I have no idea what these are actually called, but there were some doritos that had twice as much "cheese" on them. Maybe "extreme doritos" or something. I'm surprised I can't find them.
Altered:
  • Sweettarts - These are still around, but the flavor of the green and pink ones changed to a "sour apple" variant, and then lemon was removed entirely. The only good ones left are the grape ones. This was my absolute favorite candy, and it irritates me to no end. The green and pink were the best flavors. It's especially sad around Christmas, when there will be green and pink only bags in the shape of trees.
  • Sprees - Still around, but the green flavor was also changed to "sour apple," completely ruining it.
  • Twinkies - Yes, they are gone (but might come back?) but the recipe changed years ago, or at least I thought it did.
I swear there's no good chocolate milk anymore. The Hershey's Milkshakes are good (Cookies 'n Cream is godly), but I just want a regular chocolate milk. All of them now are either "dutch" flavored or some other dark chocolate variant.

Posted Image
Aminal Crossing: Strell@Tazmily, 2836-3590- 0819

"One of the more...amusing screwballs around here..." - shrike4242
Join the El Hoardo Fan Club!
Threadless.com puts the fun back in laundry!...lafundry! HOORAY! (Referral link)
Wii Obscure FAQ and Facts Thread [Version 2.0] ::: Wii Shop Thread ::: DSi Shop Thread

#89 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 18 February 2013 - 03:47 PM

Tart 'n tinys were wonderful.

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Madden 13 SB Champ in the CAG gentleman's league.

#90 willardhaven

willardhaven

Thief of Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 03:58 PM

A lot of good ones were already posted but here are some I thought of:

Keebler Fudge Shoppe S'Mores Cookies

Posted Image

Microsoft D66-00069 Wheel Optical Mouse

http://www.amazon.co...t optical mouse

Logitech Elite Keyboard

http://www.amazon.co...ref=pd_sxp_f_pt

Pop Tarts Apple Cinnamon

Posted Image

Oh and real Breyer's Ice Cream... it used to be my favorite brand before they started using additives. Now I only buy Haagan Dazs or the two or three Turkey Hill flavors that are still real ice cream.

PaulManda.png