Photo
- - - - -

What hard to find/discontinued products and companies do you miss?

• Please log in to reply
185 replies to this topic

#91 Rig

Rig

Rig = Lunar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:25 PM

Almost everything in here is food. :lol:

I miss Working Designs. Because, their games went to 11.

#92 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:17 PM

I swear there's no good chocolate milk anymore. The Hershey's Milkshakes are good (Cookies 'n Cream is godly), but I just want a regular chocolate milk. All of them now are either "dutch" flavored or some other dark chocolate variant.

QFT. Milk Chug used to have good chocolate milk but not anymore. Richfood also used to have some really smooth chocomilk before changing the chocolate.

Costco used to have this really good "Carne Asada" steak, but it is not sold anymore.

Wendy's also used to have their cheese fries in their baked potato boats, but nowadays they just give you a tiny cup. First their fried chicken, now this.

#93 tcrash247

tcrash247

ghosts.nin.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:27 PM

I also miss Free Radical, I fucking loved the TimeSplitters franchise, probably my favorite PS2 series.

#94 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:31 PM

Wendy's also used to have their cheese fries in their baked potato boats, but nowadays they just give you a tiny cup. First their fried chicken, now this.

I got some last week and it was in a side salad tray?
dohdough.png

"Speaking of which, there's another elitist prick that argues constantly on the Politics forums by the name of dohdough. He's a complete douche, but at least he keeps his posts in that cesspool of useless opinions. He gets my runner-up nomination."

Thanks for the nomination for the Most Memorable CAG Villan 2012, Blade!

#95 Macheezmo

Macheezmo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:59 PM

Almost everything in here is food. :lol:

I miss Working Designs. Because, their games went to 11.

^This. The Lunar games were awesome (though I don't care for the PSX port of SSS) and Popful Mail is one of the funniest games I've ever played.

#96 RealDeals

RealDeals

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:58 PM

Discontinued:

• Root Beer Flavored Nerds - They were really just the cherry ones with a "cola" flavor nerd mixed in. They were delicious.
  • Grape Nerds Movie Box - You used to be able to get a box of just grape nerds at the movie theater. God I miss those. Yeah, you can get the boxes with strawberry, but I just want the grape ones.
  • Dinasour Eggs - Like Gobstoppers, but way better. These might be called "Dynasour" eggs.
  • Tart 'n Tinys - I miss the original and the candy coated versions. Seriously, what is with companies eliminating all these hard sour candies over the years? I thought there was a trend toward that exact type of candy recently.
  • Chocolate Vanilla Creme Poptarts - These have been discontinued at least twice. It was heartbreaking both times.
  • Quizno's Traditional - These were amazing. Absolutely the best snadwich from a fast food place I've ever had. Then Quizno's went downhill and I couldn't find this in the two I tried years ago. Haven't even bothered since.
  • "Super" Doritos - I have no idea what these are actually called, but there were some doritos that had twice as much "cheese" on them. Maybe "extreme doritos" or something. I'm surprised I can't find them.
Altered:
  • Sweettarts - These are still around, but the flavor of the green and pink ones changed to a "sour apple" variant, and then lemon was removed entirely. The only good ones left are the grape ones. This was my absolute favorite candy, and it irritates me to no end. The green and pink were the best flavors. It's especially sad around Christmas, when there will be green and pink only bags in the shape of trees.
  • Sprees - Still around, but the green flavor was also changed to "sour apple," completely ruining it.
  • Twinkies - Yes, they are gone (but might come back?) but the recipe changed years ago, or at least I thought it did.
I swear there's no good chocolate milk anymore. The Hershey's Milkshakes are good (Cookies 'n Cream is godly), but I just want a regular chocolate milk. All of them now are either "dutch" flavored or some other dark chocolate variant.

Dean's TruMoo is pretty good. Get it from the cafeteria some times. YooHoo is my personal chocolate drink of choice though. Loved it since high school.
Also, I REALLY fucking miss Wonderballs, it was so cool as a kid eating around the chocolate and trying to figure out what you had inside. They could bring those back added with the dozens of recognizable Disney characters that have been introduced since then.
Don't ask me how this is even possible, but I was at the DMV around late 05' early 06', and while I was chilling I the parking lot this ice cream guy came by and was selling WWF bars. :hot: No clue how, I think I ate years-old ice cream. :lol: He even had mthe sign for WCW bars on the side of his truck! :D
http://t3.gstatic.co...4wtuy3FpqqoZSRA

Originally Posted by the4thnobleman Posted Image
I need power to come back on! I still need to spend $10 or so to get my $20. Stupid hurricane Sandy Vagina!

Posted Image

#97 Access_Denied

Access_Denied

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:54 PM

Crispy M&Ms were always my favorite. My room mate got some in Thailand for me, but I haven't seen them in the states in years. :(

#98 Indecisive Rattle

Indecisive Rattle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:39 PM

Twizzlers Twist n' Fill

#99 bill123

bill123

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:20 PM

For me it would be:
Squeezit Jello
Ghostbusters bubble gum in a tube
Berry Berry Kixs
Surge
Gak or Floam or even the "slime" that came with the ghostbusters firehouse.

55877.png
563306.png

#100 Mayson

Mayson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:59 AM

For me it would be:
Squeezit Jello
Ghostbusters bubble gum in a tube
Berry Berry Kixs
Surge
Gak or Floam or even the "slime" that came with the ghostbusters firehouse.

I want to say that I've seen commercials for Gak on like the Disney Channel.

Nope, Nikelodeon: http://www.gak-is-back.com/

#101 DOMINATOR912

DOMINATOR912

RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:46 PM

Surge
WWF ice cream bars
Dunkaroos

Yes, I know Dunakroos are still available, but stores around me haven't carried them since I was a kid.

#102 UjnHunter

UjnHunter

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:15 PM

Grape Bonkers! http://www.retroland.com/bonkers/ :(
Also... Razzles~!
-Ujn Hunter
Posted Image

Currently Playing:
Xbox 360: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
PS3: Dead Or Alive 5
PSP Vita: Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus
Wii U: Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper
iOS: After Burner Climax

#103 GhostShark

GhostShark

The Drunken Whaler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:36 PM

3D Doritos - The only Doritos I ever ate (besides the Blazin' Buffalo flavored which I now hear is gone as well).

Taco Bell's Chicken Ceasar Salad Grilled Stuffed Burrito - I hate at Taco Bell almost every day after baseball practice just to eat this delicious ass burrito and then it left and never came back. :-(
Posted Image

Stinging Death To All Enemies

#104 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:38 PM

I miss the grande soft taco at taco bell :(

It was a thing of beauty.

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Madden 13 SB Champ in the CAG gentleman's league.

#105 KillerSmokey24

KillerSmokey24

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:59 PM

I miss vanilla coke. While it's still being made in my area it's hard to find.

#106 page305

page305

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:39 PM

I miss Battlefield Bad Company 2, Duluth Trading Companies Force Nine Work Jacket and Burger Kings Loaded Steakhouse Burger!

There.

#107 Dr. Venkman

Dr. Venkman

Body Piercer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:09 PM

My father and I used to go to a place called The One and Only Burger and get The Pizza Burger. Memories man.

I miss Surge like no other. I remember when Coke launched the product, they had reps come to our school and handed out free bottles, shirts and caps. Then we had about 4 Surge machines put in at 25 cents a can. Then they raised it to 35 cents a can and randomly you had a shirt packed on top of a can. After it was raised to 45 cents schools raised concerns about healthy eating and removed all the Surge machines and replaced them with Pepsi One machines. KILL ME NOW.

I loved Vault and still have about 4 unopened 12 packs in my kitchen in case the resale value ever hits crazy Surge like.
I'm not yellow. I'm gold.

#108 usickenme

usickenme

I'm the a-hole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:19 PM

Wacky Wafers
Abba Zabba bars (hard to find outside of a Cracker Barrel)
Regular Coke with Lime

Edited by usickenme, 19 February 2013 - 09:08 PM.

#109 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:23 PM

Definitely is easy to find in my area.

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Madden 13 SB Champ in the CAG gentleman's league.

#110 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:28 PM

One product I absolutely do not miss is Diet Dr. Pepper Cherry Chocolate. That stuff is so fucking nasty.

#111 GuilewasNK

GuilewasNK

No gimmicks necessary.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:28 PM

Geneon
Tokyopop
Working Designs

Posted Image

It is illegal to assault the internet. - Xi Yanchun

click for my list ---> Posted Image RPGS added!

#112 tcrash247

tcrash247

ghosts.nin.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:22 PM

One product I absolutely do not miss is Diet Dr. Pepper Cherry Chocolate. That stuff is so fucking nasty.

I love all things Dr. Pepper, but that was by far the worst tasting soda ever.

#113 iKilledChewbacca

iKilledChewbacca

Trading Time Out (Under Investigation) Do not trade!

• Trading Timeout - Under Review

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:03 PM

Agreed.

How about Crystal Pepsi!

WOAH ! My stepdad has a few of the model "Microsoft Trackball Explorer 1.0" brand new in the boxes. Are these worth anything ?

#114 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:28 PM

3D Doritos - The only Doritos I ever ate (besides the Blazin' Buffalo flavored which I now hear is gone as well)

They still make that flavor, but if it's not in your area, I suggest keeping an eye out for the Doritos Jacked Ranch Dipped Hot Wings. I just picked them up from the store and I swear they taste the same.

I see a lot of people mentioning the Wonderball, and I too miss it. You can blame it's demise on the FDA and those dumb kids out there who bit into the thing without reading there was a toy inside. And it just wasn't the same when they brought it back with SweeTart-like candies inside it and a sticker.

#115 Calipso

Calipso

Der Metzgermeister

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:49 PM

Crystal Clear Pepsi, Pepsi Blue and OK Soda.
Currently playing:
:pc: - Red Orchestra 2
:pc: - Killing Floor
:pc: - SimCity 4
:360: - Uno
:360: - Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare

#116 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:00 AM

It was rare in my area, but several new grocery stores in my area have stocked it.

#117 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:07 AM

FYI, try talking to your grocery store manager. Some places will actually do a special order for you if they don't have a product that you want.
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

Use Swag Bucks as your search engine, earn $10 to $15 in free Amazon credit per month. Find out how.

#118 pacifickarma

pacifickarma

Master of Orion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:25 AM

Taco Bell's Chicken Ceasar Salad Grilled Stuffed Burrito - I hate at Taco Bell almost every day after baseball practice just to eat this delicious ass burrito and then it left and never came back. :-(

I forgot all about this one. It was very good!

#119 bill123

bill123

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:31 AM

I want to say that I've seen commercials for Gak on like the Disney Channel.

Nope, Nikelodeon: http://www.gak-is-back.com/

WOW. That's crazy. Never thought I'd see that come back.

EDIT: For all you wonderball people out there if you have a Party City near you check there. I used to work at one and we stocked those wonderballs there in the candy section of the store. This was about a year ago.

55877.png
563306.png

#120 Yamato

Yamato

not motivated

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:57 AM

LeBron's Lightning Lemonade.

Best. Gum. Ever.

yessssss.