Photo
- - - - -

What hard to find/discontinued products and companies do you miss?

• Please log in to reply
185 replies to this topic

#151 Number83

Number83

¡oɹq 'ʎɹoʇs ןooɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:18 PM

Another thing I miss (not really for the taste, just the nostalgia) are those little juice drinks that come in the clear plastic barrel with the foil lid. I think they're still around, but I haven't had them in probably 15 or so years.

Lil' Hugs

550797.png

signature-bar-white.gif

Grammar: The difference between knowing your sh*t and knowing you're sh*t.

#152 Strell

Strell

LOBSTERS!....IN MY PANTS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:48 PM

Also, Nesquik Cookies and Cream. God damn that stuff is good. I used to get it in the premade bottles from Safeway some years ago and one day it just disappeared. Apparently it used to also be available in powdered form.

Try the Hershey's Cookies 'n Cream.

Another thing I miss (not really for the taste, just the nostalgia) are those little juice drinks that come in the clear plastic barrel with the foil lid. I think they're still around, but I haven't had them in probably 15 or so years.

I remember getting these a lot as a kid. A few years ago I was at my older sister's house, and she had some. I tried one. It was awful. I couldn't figure out if it was a changed recipe or if they are really just awful and I couldn't tell as a kid. It's that purple stuff.

That purple stuff won't hunt, monsignor.

Posted Image
Aminal Crossing: Strell@Tazmily, 2836-3590- 0819

"One of the more...amusing screwballs around here..." - shrike4242
Join the El Hoardo Fan Club!
Threadless.com puts the fun back in laundry!...lafundry! HOORAY! (Referral link)
Wii Obscure FAQ and Facts Thread [Version 2.0] ::: Wii Shop Thread ::: DSi Shop Thread

#153 Dr. Venkman

Dr. Venkman

Body Piercer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:48 PM

I miss the Super Nintendo, Scud the Disposable Assassin, Mystery Science Theater, Carnivale and even though it got creepy and weird in season 2, Reaper.

Centurions, Inhumans, He-Man and Star Control 2 also come to mind.
I'm not yellow. I'm gold.

#154 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:50 PM

Season 2 of Reaper was fucking awesome. Damn shame they didn't see it through.

#155 eldergamer

eldergamer

Gold Star For Robot Boy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:07 PM

I've eaten that Nintendo cereal. I'm trying hard to remember if it came in two seperate pouches or both flavors were mixed together. Even as an 8 year old in the 80s, I thought it was crap.

One thing I can't seem to find, and haven't in over 10 years is little self serving cups of flavored pata that costco had for lunches. (Alfredo, Macaroni, butter). Made for a nice quick little lunch.
Haven't seen them since maybe 2001.
I still check when I go to Costco. Every. Single. Time.

MC-2SD-Out.png<

#156 luvmysegadc

luvmysegadc

All CAGs hail Hypnotoad!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 05:19 AM

Root Beer with caffeine in it.

#157 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 23 February 2013 - 05:26 AM

I've eaten that Nintendo cereal. I'm trying hard to remember if it came in two seperate pouches or both flavors were mixed together. Even as an 8 year old in the 80s, I thought it was crap.

One thing I can't seem to find, and haven't in over 10 years is little self serving cups of flavored pata that costco had for lunches. (Alfredo, Macaroni, butter). Made for a nice quick little lunch.

That was the one with Zelda and I think SMB, right? I ate the shit out of that and Batman cereal. I looked in a cabinet earlier and saw my old Super Mario Bros plates and it made me think about the cereal and my Zelda/SMB lunchbox.

#158 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 06:07 AM

They were in two separate bags that were next to each other in the packaging.

#159 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

Sandwich Artist with the Mouth

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:41 AM

Root Beer with caffeine in it.

You mean Barqs?

Vulcan7905.png
Real Life Ice Hockey Stats: Goals - 20 Assists - 23 Penalty Minutes - 8

Granted I only played the demo of Chime, but how the heck do you get shit on by Chime?

#160 MasaTFC

MasaTFC

Germany 2014 FIFA World Cup Champions!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 02:47 AM

Cherokee Red

this still exist, at least the soda does. just bought some sunday. racism never tasted so delicious!

on topic, i really fucking miss Josta. That stuff was great!

and twin peaks, if that counts.

"The Absence of Evidence Is Not The Evidence of Absence"

Trading 360 Games for PS3 Versions/Other PS3 Games

#161 MasaTFC

MasaTFC

Germany 2014 FIFA World Cup Champions!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 02:48 AM

two bags dood. two bags;)

"The Absence of Evidence Is Not The Evidence of Absence"

Trading 360 Games for PS3 Versions/Other PS3 Games

#162 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:57 AM

I just remembered one of my favorite 90s shows, Northern Exposure. I loved that show for about the first 3 seasons, before it went to shit.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#163 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:58 AM

this still exist, at least the soda does. just bought some sunday. racism never tasted so delicious!

on topic, i really fucking miss Josta. That stuff was great!

and twin peaks, if that counts.

Please pm me about where you purchased it. You have no idea how excited you just made me.

#164 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:37 AM

Crispy M&Ms (have an unopened pack in the fridge - not gonna eat it)
Pepsi Twist (I think the last can was drunk a few months ago)
Pepsi Lime (still have several cans)

#165 Danil ACE

Danil ACE

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:43 AM

Posted Image

Best tasting cola ever. Easily better than coke or pepsi (even the sugar versions). I recently found a few cans at a store and bought out their entire stock. Delicious.

#166 Mako1215

Mako1215

Mr.OneOfWonder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:55 AM

Sprite Remix

First, how can you claim prior non-existance to devalue a movement? I am sure the civil rights movement would love that. "Well, there was no movement to free the slaves before, so why is it relavent now?"

518793.png

#167 ian1418

ian1418

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 02:18 PM

Salsa Doritos and for those of us in the New Orleans area, Hubig's Pies.
Also, Gatorade Citrus Cooler is readily available in south Louisiana.

#168 GhostShark

GhostShark

The Drunken Whaler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 02:52 PM

Since I've been playing MLB13: The Show, I am going to toss out a video game since I've already said food products earlier, but god damn I miss MVP Baseball. RIP.
Posted Image

Stinging Death To All Enemies

#169 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:01 PM

Breyers yogurt. Their low cal yogurt was fantastic.

#170 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:26 PM

Breyers yogurt. Their low cal yogurt was fantastic.

Technically, they still have it, but I think it is all YoCrunch now.

#171 pacifickarma

pacifickarma

Master of Orion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 07:09 PM

Posted Image

Best tasting cola ever. Easily better than coke or pepsi (even the sugar versions). I recently found a few cans at a store and bought out their entire stock. Delicious.

I guess I'm the reason it was discontinued. I couldn't stand the stuff! Ever try Coca-cola Black? Awful!

#172 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 05:06 AM

I recently had a Coke the way it was meant o be, in a glass bottle and sweetened with sugar, that I miss.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#173 YoshiFan1

YoshiFan1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 05:42 AM

A lot of stores now (and probably until the end of March) have the Kosher for Passover Coke, that has the sugar instead of corn syrup. It's only available in a 2 liter bottle and it has a yellow bottle cap to tell the difference from the other regular Coke 2 liter bottles. It's a good way to stock up if you don't mind the 2 liter bottles.

#174 pacifickarma

pacifickarma

Master of Orion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:25 AM

Any decent Mexican grocery store will have sugar-sweetened Coke in the glass bottles.

#175 Lieutenant Dan

Lieutenant Dan

Ice Cream!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:25 AM

I miss the local video rental store I had growing up. Every Friday night my mom would take me to browse through the NES, SNES, and Sega games.

3 games. 3 days. 3 dollars.

RIP Bullseye Video!

#176 xian37

xian37

Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:31 AM

I lessen the unhealthy food that I always eat before.

like pizza, pasta, burgers and many more.

that's why I miss it sometimes.

#177 FlyingAce39

FlyingAce39

Flyin' High Again

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:48 AM

Oh, man. Now you got me started.

MLB Slugfest - My brother had MLB Slugfest 20-04 for PS2. I spent HOURS getting myself into trouble on that one. THE most fun baseball game series EVER.

NFL Street 1 or 2 - 2 was the best football game ever. Period. I still have a blast on it on my PS2. NFL Street 3 with updated rosters, please?

Jak and Daxter - Need I say more? The last game (Lost Frontier) was so bad that I can't even describe it in words. Naughty Dog better be working on a new title themselves or so help me...

Now, onto the food!

Handi-Snacks with vanilla/sprinkled icing or chocolate icing. - Those things were the most addicting things on the planet. Man, do I miss those. :cry:

Kudos granola bars - Best. Granola. Bars. EVER! I can still get them at Sam's Club, but they're scarce. Usually, every one else beats me to it.

Surge - Has been listed numerously. I need not go on.

Vault/Vault Red - The red stuff was evil. I could knock out a bottle without knowing it. Best energy drink ever.

Mountain Dew: Midnight Black - Mountain Dew fused with grape. Tastes way better than it sounds. If they would bring this back permanently, I'd jump for joy until my legs fall off. :applause:

That's about it for now. I'll come back with something else.

660090.png 660091.png

#178 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 01:00 PM

Any decent Mexican grocery store will have sugar-sweetened Coke in the glass bottles.

This. There's also sugar-sweetened Sprite and Fanta. I even see them in some gas stations. But this could also have to do with the fact that I live in Texas and they're made in Mexico.

Kudos granola bars - Best. Granola. Bars. EVER! I can still get them at Sam's Club, but they're scarce. Usually, every one else beats me to it.

I recommend trying Chewy Dipps granola bars. Very similar.

#179 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:17 PM

A lot of stores now (and probably until the end of March) have the Kosher for Passover Coke, that has the sugar instead of corn syrup. It's only available in a 2 liter bottle and it has a yellow bottle cap to tell the difference from the other regular Coke 2 liter bottles. It's a good way to stock up if you don't mind the 2 liter bottles.

I never seem to see that around here. I'm in the south, that probably has something to do with it, not a large Jewish population around here. There is one place I can get it, a Mexican restaurant in town sells them, but no general stores.

#180 BigPopov

BigPopov

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:45 PM

Depends on the local bottling company, but in the Washington DC area they sell Pepsi Throwback and Mountain Dew Throwback. It's the original design/packaging with sugar as a sweetener.

Some stores have started to carry the glass bottle colas too, Coke, Pepsi, RC; some have sugar some are corn syrup. They are usually located in the Hispanic/jewish area, or where the more expensive sodas are (IBC Root Beer, Jones, etc.)