• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

#31 Blade

Blade

Butt Blamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:57 AM

Yep and I am the asshat.

Just shut the Fuck up before you get banned.

Thanks for the thread, OP. Definitely picking up a copy.
Earn $10 instantly with Groupon!

We as a community feel that it would be best if you didn't trade on here anymore. Despite your 350 positive transactions, I'm deactivating your account on 99Gamers because you offend me. I'm unrelatable, give poor customer service, and am now taking away your invested time and money because I don't like you.

Best,
Brandon, Owner of 99Gamers.com

#32 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Being a third party, I can, in fact, confirm that you were the asshat. :booty:

I read that in Ron Swansons voice:rofl:

#33 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Being a third party, I can, in fact, confirm that you were the asshat. :booty:

Tell me how? I was only trying to bring up the point about the dates. What I got in return was that people are saying nope it is definitely 2/17. For those on the west coast it won't be 2/17 for 2 more hours. If looking out for fellow CAGs is being the asshat then I guess I am.

#34 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:58 AM

Just shut the Fuck up before you get banned.

Thanks for the thread, OP. Definitely picking up a copy.

Banned for what?

#35 Blade

Blade

Butt Blamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:58 AM

tell me how? I was only trying to bring up the point about the dates. What i got in return was that people are saying nope it is definitely 2/17. For those on the west coast it won't be 2/17 for 2 more hours. If looking out for fellow cags is being the asshat then i guess i am.

omg guys let's wait until it's 2/17 in hawaii to make absolutely sure
Earn $10 instantly with Groupon!

We as a community feel that it would be best if you didn't trade on here anymore. Despite your 350 positive transactions, I'm deactivating your account on 99Gamers because you offend me. I'm unrelatable, give poor customer service, and am now taking away your invested time and money because I don't like you.

Best,
Brandon, Owner of 99Gamers.com

#36 Double O Slevin

Double O Slevin

You have FAILED this forum!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:59 AM

As tempting as it is, I'll have to pass. If it was an instant rebate then this would be cool, but I don't feel like being out the $30+ for a min. of 8-10 weeks. Nice find for those that haven't played it though.

#37 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:00 AM

omg guys let's wait until it's 2/17 in hawaii to make absolutely sure

Is that what I said? Grow up.

I never said people SHOULD wait but that to be aware of it.

#38 SDC

SDC

OMFG PINKU

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:06 AM

Against my better judgement I bit. I've had good luck with rebates so far though, so we will see.

#39 wingzero16

wingzero16

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:10 AM

already beat it and traded into bestbuy if rebate was instant i'd pay shipping just to get it back into my collection but i'll wait since i have such a huge backlog i haven't even touch assassis creed 3
doing walking dead sly cooper thieves in time and darksiders 1 before i move on to 2 right now.

#40 encendido5

encendido5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:12 AM

Picked up a PS3 copy. Went for the rush rebate since it was only $3, and after discover cashback, I'll break even.

#41 hwong3

hwong3

Freakin SWEET!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:13 AM

The rebate information says "This rebate is in USD currency and may be paid with a prepaid reward card.". Anyone know what this means? Is a prepaid reward card a gift card? If so, this wouldn't be that great.

#42 SilentBob50023

SilentBob50023

Kneel Before Zod

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:15 AM

I run a computer repair business and deal with Tiger frequently. Yes, their rebates in the past were really spotty or would be rejected outright on first submission, making you resubmit (make copies of EVERYTHING!). Recently they've been much better, and I wouldn't hesitate to jump on this offer. Granted, you'll wait a little bit to get your money back, but free is free.

I would take the time to read ahead on the rebate info though to make sure you don't have to cut the UPC out from the game cover (like they do for video cards and other PC hardware). I've never seen a video game rebate on Tiger before, or maybe I just wasn't looking.

#43 nadohawk

nadohawk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:16 AM

The rebate information says "This rebate is in USD currency and may be paid with a prepaid reward card.". Anyone know what this means? Is a prepaid reward card a gift card? If so, this wouldn't be that great.

It's like a debit card.
1 John 1:7,9
But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

#44 smokeyp31

smokeyp31

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:31 AM

Is this good in store also?

#45 SDC

SDC

OMFG PINKU

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:34 AM

I run a computer repair business and deal with Tiger frequently. Yes, their rebates in the past were really spotty or would be rejected outright on first submission, making you resubmit (make copies of EVERYTHING!). Recently they've been much better, and I wouldn't hesitate to jump on this offer. Granted, you'll wait a little bit to get your money back, but free is free.

I would take the time to read ahead on the rebate info though to make sure you don't have to cut the UPC out from the game cover (like they do for video cards and other PC hardware). I've never seen a video game rebate on Tiger before, or maybe I just wasn't looking.

You do have to cut out the UPC and affix it to one of the forms you mail in.

#46 YoshiFan1

YoshiFan1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:37 AM

I ordered 1 PS3 and 360 version and filled out the rebate form for both versions on 1 form. $63.72 total with shipping and getting $70 back is an awesome deal.

#47 bear489

bear489

Give me them tags!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:38 AM

I placed my order using google checkout at 1:30am est time but on the receipt it states order rec on 2/16 at 10:30pm. Did I just mess up?

#48 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:49 AM

TigerDirect + Rebate is not a good mix, speaking from experience.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#49 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:52 AM

I placed my order using google checkout at 1:30am est time but on the receipt it states order rec on 2/16 at 10:30pm. Did I just mess up?

Well this asshat brought up this potential issue earlier but noone seemed to care. I hope it works out for you.

#50 MalakianXVII

MalakianXVII

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:53 AM

Lol, this is exactly what "cancerman" was warning everyone about in this thread and several people flamed him for trying to help. Come on now, he was in no way being an asshat to anyone...

Anyway, I'm tempted to try this. I'm not too eager to cut up my game insert though...

#51 Koiji

Koiji

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:53 AM

So, the TigerDirect page says:
NOTICE: Limit (1) ONE rebate per person, billing address, company, or household

Yet the rabate link says:
Offer Maximum: 2 claim(s) per household

I was thinking of picking up a second copy to give as a gift.
So, just to be clear, I could I buy one under my wife's name even if we live at the same address, right? Or would that not work?

Edited by Koiji, 17 February 2013 - 06:55 AM.
spelling/grammar

#52 decayedmatter

decayedmatter

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:58 AM

Ughh I ordered before realizing they want you to CUT THE UPC OFF THE GAME. Fuck that shit. I am gonna photocopy the upc, mail it in and hope for the best. If I lose out on the rebate then oh well. Still a cheaper price for this game (on ps3) than it is on amazon.

#53 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

25-Star General of the PSNOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:04 AM

Hmmm....I'm gonna have to pass on this one, even though I think they'll probably follow through with the rebate.

EDIT: Oh ya, also nice to see cancerman vindicated.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (9/25/14): Don't Tell Me What to Do, Pharm!

#54 bruceg

bruceg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:05 AM

Yeah, it sucks to cut out the upc if you buy the game to keep/collect. Gonna pass on this...

#55 eXiON

eXiON

CAG Grandmaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:06 AM

I traded mine in, but Fuck it. Multiplayer was actually fun and now I regret having traded the game in for $16. So I just bought it, first rebate I've ever done for a video game.

Ughh I ordered before realizing they want you to CUT THE UPC OFF THE GAME. Fuck that shit. I am gonna photocopy the upc, mail it in and hope for the best. If I lose out on the rebate then oh well. Still a cheaper price for this game (on ps3) than it is on amazon.

Having your UPC intact really matters? This game was $20 back in Nov for both PS3/360. So it's not exactly a cheap price. Hell it was $10 for PC/X360 during the Microsoft Store sale.

#56 decayedmatter

decayedmatter

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:08 AM

I traded mine in, but Fuck it. Multiplayer was actually fun and now I regret having traded the game in for $16. So I just bought it, first rebate I've ever done for a video game.

Having your UPC intact really matters? This game was $20 back in Nov for both PS3/360. So it's not exactly a cheap price. Hell it was $10 for PC/X360 during the Microsoft Store sale.

If you are a collector, then yes it does matter.

#57 eXiON

eXiON

CAG Grandmaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:09 AM

Even if you end up getting it free a few weeks later? Alrighty then. :roll:

#58 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:10 AM

qft, it matters significantly.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#59 decayedmatter

decayedmatter

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:11 AM

Even if you end up getting it free a few weeks later? Alrighty then. :roll:

I'm probably just gonna cancel my order tomorrow. And yes it would bug me for the rest of my years owning it. I am OCD about having a perfect collection.

#60 decayedmatter

decayedmatter

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:13 AM

It requires the original UPC... I have to cut up my box?

I may try just photocopying my label onto glossy paper, and cutting out the UPC, I mean how are they really gonna know it's not original?