Buy 1 Get 1 50% off Wii U Games, Ni No Kuni $49.99, Sly Cooper $29.99 @ Best Buy

Hmmm... looks like this works on pre-orders too.

I wonder if it is worth pre-ordering Monster Hunter and Pikmin 3 even though Pikmin still doesn't have an official release date.

I might cancel my Amazon pre-order of Monster Hunter in favor of this. Pikmin and MH are probably my most hyped games for the Wii U right now.

What happens if Pikmin 3 gets pushed to the holidays and I decide I want to cancel my pre order? Does Best Buy charge your CC immediately or only when the item ships?

[quote name='antlp89']Hmmm... looks like this works on pre-orders too.[/QUOTE]

Interesting...

NFS and MH here I come, if true.

EDIT: Shit, NFS isn't available for pre-order on Wii U.

[quote name='showtimefolks']Sly4 is still showing up for regular price?[/QUOTE]

Add it the cart, it will show the $29.99 price.

[quote name='KingBroly']Interesting...

NFS and MH here I come, if true.

EDIT: Shit, NFS isn't available for pre-order on Wii U.[/QUOTE]

Lego + Monster Hunter for $90 after taxes is a nice little deal (doesn't seem to be working yet)!

[quote name='JMClarkent']Lego + Monster Hunter for $90 after taxes is a nice little deal (doesn't seem to be working yet)![/QUOTE]

That's what I'll be doing once it works.

[quote name='Hemi']Might I suddgest Injustice & MH? $30 MH, and $40 Injustice (Reward Zone Cert.)[/QUOTE]

That is a nice move as well (I am getting Injustice for the 360 or else that would be handsome)!

[quote name='KingBroly']That's what I'll be doing once it works.[/QUOTE]

Worked for me, might be because Lego has no release date ATM? Try Injustice, $70 Total after you factor $20 Bonus Cert.

Honestly, I'm wondering how this will work if I return Injustice lol... just a $30 Monster Hunter???

[quote name='Brash_Attack']For $20, I'm in for Sly Vita.

I wish this worked for The Last of Us pre-orders.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't the PS3 version come with the Vita version? It might be worth the extra $10 to get both...

[quote name='ProtoEXE88']Doesn't the PS3 version come with the Vita version? It might be worth the extra $10 to get both...[/QUOTE]

I considered it, but I neglect my PS3 so odds are I'd just play the whole thing on my Vita. And since my Vita's memory card has been full since I got Ninja Gaiden from PS+, I'd prefer the physical copy of the game.

[quote name='Hemi']For those saying "when it work's" with the Wii U games, Try one's with a Release Date/Already Out.[/QUOTE]

I tested Tekken Tag 2 and Batman Armored and got to the final finish screen without it kicking in. I assume it isn't awake yet (You know Best Buy - ironically they are not technological marvels).

[quote name='JMClarkent']I tested Tekken Tag 2 and Batman Armored and got to the final finish screen without it kicking in. I assume it isn't awake yet (You know Best Buy - ironically they are not technological marvels).[/QUOTE]

Weird, I placed an order already, MH was discounted to $30 =D

[quote name='JMClarkent']I tested Tekken Tag 2 and Batman Armored and got to the final finish screen without it kicking in. I assume it isn't awake yet (You know Best Buy - ironically they are not technological marvels).[/QUOTE]

Tryed it myself, Tekken is showing $25, It's working.

[quote name='Deader2818']Not working for me at all.[/QUOTE]

Hmmmm, try logging in? Or maybe clearing cart, and deleting cookies? IDK.

Tried a third time, got this:

"We're sorry, our tax calculation system is temporarily down. You can continue with your order, but the tax you see may not be the final amount. If you prefer, you can try your order again later."

I wonder if that is gumming up the works!

[quote name='JMClarkent']Tried a third time, got this:

"We're sorry, our tax calculation system is temporarily down. You can continue with your order, but the tax you see may not be the final amount. If you prefer, you can try your order again later."

I wonder if that is gumming up the works![/QUOTE]

Try clearing browser data & dont enter your zip for tax

Wow, that was fast for Sly. I'd bite, but I've already got two games coming, plus I just got a PS+ subscription, PLUS all the games I already had in my backlog, so...It can wait

Tried Lego City Undercover and ZombiU... doesn't seem to work

Edit: Just noticed it says in stock items only. I wonder why Lego City even shows up.

Edit 2: works now but I'm not pulling the trigger on $85 for 2 games with my current backlog

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Conkerkid11']Trying to price-match Sly Cooper on Amazon...[/QUOTE]

I've never had any luck, but it's worth a shot. Got some amazon credit, though I'd rather not part with it...Oh, so tempting:whee:

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']I've never had any luck, but it's worth a shot. Got some amazon credit, though I'd rather not part with it...Oh, so tempting:whee:[/QUOTE]
I don't understand how it works either. They cooperated with the sales Best Buy was having on Pokemon White Version 2 and Paper Mario: Sticker Star, and dropped Pokemon when it was sold out online a day later at Best Buy. Hopefully they get some decent sales up as well. I definitely prefer shipping through Prime rather than Best Buy... Such slow shipping, and I'm too lazy to pick up in-store.

I ordered Sly on Vita with a $5 reward certificate. I don't have any need for both versions so the cheaper the better.

Sweet. Getting $10 back for Sly and $15 back for Dead Space 3 when I pick up Metal Gear Rising on Tuesday.

For anyone wondering, Kmart has DS3 on sale for $45.

[quote name='Cocojames333']Does bestbuy charge right away or when shipped with preorders?[/QUOTE]

they do a full authorization at the start, but doesnt actually charge you until they ship

Guess I'll try MH3U and Pikmin 3. It would be awesome if Pikmin 3 ended up qualifying for "victory can be preordered," but most likely BB will just catch the error and cancel the order.

By some wild chance they do sell me MH3U for $30 does anyone know what happens if I cancel the Pikmin 3 preorder?

I was just successful with ordering Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate and Lego City Undercover. Lego was 50% off. I wanted to do MH3U and Pikmin 3 but since Pikmin doesn't have a solid release date I didn't want to take the chance of not actually getting a game for 50% off. But it did work with Pikmin 3 in the shopping cart FYI.

The 50% sale applies to any combination of Wii U pre-orders for me (even 2 of one item). It looks like it only works for the first order. When I tried to order 2 more pre-orders, the discount wasn't applied. I was able to work around this though by clearing my cookies / internet cache. Ordered Monster Hunter Ultimate and Pikmin 3! Great deal. Thinking about Rayman too.

Surprised Sly Cooper for the PS3 is still trading in for 10 (20 after 100% bonus). One could purchase a copy for the PS3, use the Vita code, and trade in the PS3 copy.
Meaning you only paid 10 for a digital copy of the game for the Vita.

How will it work if you pickup a preorder in store? Will it show as full paid even though the release date price will be more than the $45 you paid per title? Just don'tn want to have a situation where you owe the difference that date.

bread's done
Back