Photo
- - - - -

Buy 1 Get 1 50% off Wii U Games, Ni No Kuni $49.99, Sly Cooper $29.99 @ Best Buy

• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

#31 RPGamer246

RPGamer246

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:42 AM

Pikmin and monster hunter for $96.28!

#32 rohitman

rohitman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:45 AM

Tried Lego City Undercover and ZombiU... doesn't seem to work

Edit: Just noticed it says in stock items only. I wonder why Lego City even shows up.

Edit 2: works now but I'm not pulling the trigger on $85 for 2 games with my current backlog

Edited by rohitman, 17 February 2013 - 08:01 AM.

#33 Conkerkid11

Conkerkid11

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:45 AM

Trying to price-match Sly Cooper on Amazon...

#34 JMClarkent

JMClarkent

I Cheap what I Sow

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:46 AM

Try clearing browser data & dont enter your zip for tax

No go. I'll try my phone and report back!
"Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice skate uphill"...

#35 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:49 AM

Trying to price-match Sly Cooper on Amazon...

I've never had any luck, but it's worth a shot. Got some amazon credit, though I'd rather not part with it...Oh, so tempting:whee:

#36 SereneStream

SereneStream

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:09 AM

sweet thanks for this, i just purchased ni no kuni a few days ago. time to get a price match :D

#37 Raye

Raye

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:16 AM

Shucks, if only Ni no Kuni hit $39.99...

RayeKasai.png

#38 Conkerkid11

Conkerkid11

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:37 AM

I've never had any luck, but it's worth a shot. Got some amazon credit, though I'd rather not part with it...Oh, so tempting:whee:

I don't understand how it works either. They cooperated with the sales Best Buy was having on Pokemon White Version 2 and Paper Mario: Sticker Star, and dropped Pokemon when it was sold out online a day later at Best Buy. Hopefully they get some decent sales up as well. I definitely prefer shipping through Prime rather than Best Buy... Such slow shipping, and I'm too lazy to pick up in-store.

#39 kamakazi5

kamakazi5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:03 AM

I ordered Sly on Vita with a $5 reward certificate. I don't have any need for both versions so the cheaper the better.
My games/what I'm playing - www.backloggery.com/kamakazi5

#40 GuyManDude

GuyManDude

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:15 AM

Sweet. Getting $10 back for Sly and $15 back for Dead Space 3 when I pick up Metal Gear Rising on Tuesday.

For anyone wondering, Kmart has DS3 on sale for $45.

#41 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:22 AM

Sweet. Getting $10 back for Sly and $15 back for Dead Space 3 when I pick up Metal Gear Rising on Tuesday.

For anyone wondering, Kmart has DS3 on sale for $45.

For the bold, Gohastings.com has Dead Space 3 for $39.99; since the price is easily visible, you should be able to PM it.

http://www.gohasting...u/289835179.uts

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: Just Cause 2  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [8/22]:  :ps3: MGS3 HD (4.75/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#42 djricekcn

djricekcn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:22 AM

Does bestbuy charge right away or when shipped with preorders?

they do a full authorization at the start, but doesnt actually charge you until they ship

#43 MilesDP5

MilesDP5

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:22 PM

Guess I'll try MH3U and Pikmin 3. It would be awesome if Pikmin 3 ended up qualifying for "victory can be preordered," but most likely BB will just catch the error and cancel the order.

By some wild chance they do sell me MH3U for $30 does anyone know what happens if I cancel the Pikmin 3 preorder?

#44 vidgames4bs

vidgames4bs

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 01:50 PM

I was just successful with ordering Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate and Lego City Undercover. Lego was 50% off. I wanted to do MH3U and Pikmin 3 but since Pikmin doesn't have a solid release date I didn't want to take the chance of not actually getting a game for 50% off. But it did work with Pikmin 3 in the shopping cart FYI.
Posted Image

#45 ebaymarcaro

ebaymarcaro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 01:58 PM

The 50% sale applies to any combination of Wii U pre-orders for me (even 2 of one item). It looks like it only works for the first order. When I tried to order 2 more pre-orders, the discount wasn't applied. I was able to work around this though by clearing my cookies / internet cache. Ordered Monster Hunter Ultimate and Pikmin 3! Great deal. Thinking about Rayman too.

#46 Jackovasaurus

Jackovasaurus

And ya say Chi-City

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:03 PM

Hmmmmmm, thinking about Injustice+Lego City

You'd still get the $20 for Injustice!
Posted Image

#47 albwrong

albwrong

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:15 PM

Surprised Sly Cooper for the PS3 is still trading in for 10 (20 after 100% bonus). One could purchase a copy for the PS3, use the Vita code, and trade in the PS3 copy.
Meaning you only paid 10 for a digital copy of the game for the Vita.

#48 stormshadow88

stormshadow88

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:17 PM

How will it work if you pickup a preorder in store? Will it show as full paid even though the release date price will be more than the $45 you paid per title? Just don'tn want to have a situation where you owe the difference that date.

#49 RPGamer246

RPGamer246

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:25 PM

I'm kind of debating canceling my order for mh3 and pikmin simply because of the charge hold

#50 TheCollegeGamer

TheCollegeGamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:30 PM

Just a little more, NNK. If only this was the GS price (though I guess I could move some credit or something), but the BBs near me are so far away.

#51 BigK_201

BigK_201

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 03:48 PM

I think someone already asked this so but I didn't see anyone answer:

What if you pre-order, say, Lego City UnderCover and Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate. LCU goes down to 25. What If after I get that game, I cancel the other part of my order? Anyone know if this will work.

Also assuming I did in-store pickup as the option.

#52 BigK_201

BigK_201

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:03 PM

Also, I've already pre-ordered Injustice in my local store and already put some cash down on it. Do they refund pre-orders so I could re-pre-order that game with another one I want to get the 50% off?

I guess this also depends on if this deal sticks for pre-orders or it was a mistake in the first place, right?

#53 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:06 PM

What if you pre-order, say, Lego City UnderCover and Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate. LCU goes down to 25. What If after I get that game, I cancel the other part of my order? Anyone know if this will work.

yeah, I'm sure they'll just hand out free and cheap games ?! think about it, they'll just charge you the full amount

#54 RPGamer246

RPGamer246

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:43 PM

You could always try it with a game that's already out, say batman or assassins creed is the $30 while monster hunter or Lego city is the full price game, get batman or assassins creed now and cancel the preorder after u got it to see what happens

#55 spatenfloot

spatenfloot

Don't read this!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:58 PM

i got sly 4 for the vita on amazon a few days ago, would amazon price ajust it ?

No, they don't match after it ships.

#56 soonersfan60

soonersfan60

Longing for retro CAG...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:04 PM

Thanks, OP! I'm just glad this worked with pre-orders. I did Pikmin and LegoCity. I know they're projecting Pikmin for Dec. 30, but I'll get it Day 1 no matter when... and it's unlikely to have any special deals. I also wanted to get LegoCity Day 1, so the only best option I could hope for a deal would be B1G1 50% off for all games, since there wouldn't be another WiiU game I'd get right away. (I'm on the fence about Monster Hunter since the Wii version was only ok, and stopped about 1/3 of the way in.) So I'm thinking the B1G1 option is only a slim possibility, and the game I'd pair with LegoCity--3DS Luigi's Mansion--can be had from Target for about $33 with pre-order $5 GC and Target Red Card 5% discount.

#57 sainrub

sainrub

CAGisdabomb!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:01 PM

Has anyone heard if bby will have the Bonus Chase McCain figure included with Lego City Undercover?

#58 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:50 PM

Has anyone heard if bby will have the Bonus Chase McCain figure included with Lego City Undercover?

They have it in-store already if you preorder. At the local stores around here, it's actually attached to the preorder card.

#59 Capitalism HOO

Capitalism HOO

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:52 PM

Amazon just price matched Ni No Kuni.

#60 jkimrey

jkimrey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:51 PM

Looks like they price matched Sly Cooper as well....