Bioshock Ultimate Rapture Edition $19.99 PS3/360

BackInBlack

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
Be warned, while all the data is "On Disc", it has to be installed first, except for the base game of Bioshock 1. All in all its almost 25 gigs to install everything, at least for PS3.

Bioshock 1 Patches and Game Utility ~5GB
Bioshock 1 DLC and Museum ~1GB
Bioshock 2 Full Game Install ~9GB
Bioshock 2 Patches and Game Utility ~4.5GB
Bioshock 2 DLC (All 5) ~4GB

Now you probably wont have both installed at the same time, but it's still an insane amount of space if you did. For anyone looking to pick this up to replace your copies of Bioshock 1+2, you might want to hold onto at least BS2, and save yourself a ton of space.

Perfect price point for me, as I had 20 bucks left in credit on Amazon. I've played both games but not finished them, this was the perfect excuse to get them back since I never bought any dlc.

[quote name='timberwolfbobby']Perfect price point for me, as I had 20 bucks left in credit on Amazon. I've played both games but not finished them, this was the perfect excuse to get them back since I never bought any dlc.[/QUOTE]

Oh, you will not be disappointed! Enjoy!

Very good deal if you dont have either or have a pc. These are both available regularly for like $5 for both on pc, but that doesnt include the Bioshock 2 dlc generally which I have heard is very good. Very Very excited about Infinite though and got a code for that from a CAG from the amd promo. To anyone playing these for the first time enjoy a great experience

[quote name='ShadowAssailantX']Be warned, while all the data is "On Disc", it has to be installed first, except for the base game of Bioshock 1. All in all its almost 25 gigs to install everything, at least for PS3.

Now you probably wont have both installed at the same time, but it's still an insane amount of space if you did. For anyone looking to pick this up to replace your copies of Bioshock 1+2, you might want to hold onto at least BS2, and save yourself a ton of space.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the helpful info!

Is this true for the 360 version as well? Also, did they include achievements in the 360 version of Bioshock 1 DLC?

[quote name='Yanksfan']Is this true for the 360 version as well? Also, did they include achievements in the 360 version of Bioshock 1 DLC?[/QUOTE]

You shouldn't have to install the 360 version if you don't want to. Its optical drive can stream data off the disc faster than the PS3 can.

There's 100 extra points for the DLC.

[quote name='Yanksfan']Thanks for the helpful info!

Is this true for the 360 version as well? Also, did they include achievements in the 360 version of Bioshock 1 DLC?[/QUOTE]

When it comes to installation sizes I'm pretty sure they are

1) Optional
2) Require less space

Due to the fact PS3 has always extra DTS, 5.1LPCM audio tracks which take some space

Any chance this will drop even further in the future or should I just grab it now? I have a huge backlog so I am not going to play it for a while. I am never sure how far these collections will drop.

[quote name='foxycleo']When it comes to installation sizes I'm pretty sure they are

1) Optional
2) Require less space

Due to the fact PS3 has always extra DTS, 5.1LPCM audio tracks which take some space[/QUOTE]

DTS is encoded on the fly, LPCM is Encoded and output output but audio assets are still stored compressed on disc to save system bandwidth.

Already have both, but this is a great deal if you haven't played them. LOVED LOVED them both, and hope I'll have time to replay one of them at least before Infinite:)

If I didn't already have both games I would definitely get this. I haven't played Bioshock 2 yet and it's still sealed, but I doubt I could get enough out of both games to cover this 'upgrade'.

[quote name='chunlirocks']$26.47 after shipping and government extortion

not a deal[/QUOTE]

If you're paying shipping on this, you're doing it wrong.

[quote name='chunlirocks']$26.47 after shipping and government extortion

not a deal[/QUOTE]

wut.

Is the DLC on a disk that will work with my old Bioshock 1 and bioshock 2 disks? I'm curious because if that is the case I can buy this and give away my Bioshock 1 and 2 disks.

I bought a copy for the PS3. 22GB, but I have the room. 360 copy looks better with it's "Special" packaging, but I'm not going to worry all too much about the box.

On the PS3 version...so I could buy a used copy from Gamestop to get all Bioshock 2's DLC and return it for a refund? I'm worried nobody plays it online anymore. I already own all the Bioshock games for both platforms and a huge fan of the series.

[quote name='ShadowAssailantX']Be warned, while all the data is "On Disc", it has to be installed first, except for the base game of Bioshock 1. All in all its almost 25 gigs to install everything, at least for PS3.

Now you probably wont have both installed at the same time, but it's still an insane amount of space if you did. For anyone looking to pick this up to replace your copies of Bioshock 1+2, you might want to hold onto at least BS2, and save yourself a ton of space.[/QUOTE]

Yuuup, if I knew this I wouldn't have purchased it. I didn't check the box till after I got home and learned the bad news.

[quote name='rnocerino']On the PS3 version...so I could buy a used copy from Gamestop to get all Bioshock 2's DLC and return it for a refund? I'm worried nobody plays it online anymore. I already own all the Bioshock games for both platforms and a huge fan of the series.[/QUOTE]

My PS+ free copy of BioShock 2 works with the DLC packs. No way I would trade this in though... I love BioShock.

The MP is hit or miss... there's usually enough people on that you won't have trouble finding a match as long as its TDM. Most other game modes are dead. Its a lot of fun though.

[quote name='Gage33']Any chance this will drop even further in the future or should I just grab it now? I have a huge backlog so I am not going to play it for a while. I am never sure how far these collections will drop.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat. My prediction is the PS4 & 720 will come out and these will hit clearance in a little.
I have enough backlog to last me till the release of nextgen and not enough money for nextgen so I'll wait for these to hit dirtcheap.

so does the disc ver BioShock 2 work with the DLC from the BioShock Ultimate Rapture Edition

[quote name='starmask2k3']so does the disc ver BioShock 2 work with the DLC from the BioShock Ultimate Rapture Edition[/QUOTE]

Yes, it does. You could buy this, install all the DLC, and trade it in/ return it.

[quote name='QuarterRoy00']Looks like the deal is dead. Prices were back to normal when I checked just now.[/QUOTE]

Not dead. Just go over to more Buying Options the right. OOS for now though but you can still place an order.

Yet another awesome deal. This week has bumped a backlog of 4 to 11 before this deal, but this is a nice price! Might be too nice to pass up. I now see how being a CAG can be a curse lol especially if you're married.

Thanks for sharing OP

Anyone got there order shipped from Amazon yet? Mine is still pending since Sunday. I got the 360 version.

[quote name='i cube']Anyone got there order shipped from Amazon yet? Mine is still pending since Sunday. I got the 360 version.[/QUOTE]

My order is out for delivery today.

[quote name='joshnorm']Anyone know when BBY will PM Amazon without fuss? Does that start March 3rd?[/QUOTE]

Yes but target does it already.

[quote name='thegame956']Yes but target does it already.[/QUOTE]

Actually Best Buy will PM Amazon right now. The current internet PM policy was only a trial and was scheduled to end on 3/2, but they stated they will make in permanent on 3/3 (with some minor changes).

Mine's getting delivered today too. Lasership. They usually deliver in a white mini-van and it can be anywhere from 9am to 9pm.

bread's done
Back