$5 WoW Battle Chest

They just banned my account for streaming to my tablet using Splashtop. I've had my account for 6 years and all of a sudden streaming to my tablet at work is "Using third party software to hack". I've never botted (don't know how to). It's kind of ironic how they just laid the ban-hammer out on a shit ton of people and then put their game up for sale.

i wish i could still enjoy this game. christ. my old account got hacked (even though i had sms AND a physical authenticator hooked up) resubbed after a yearish break from cata to play mists... its just so... boring now. great deal however, for those who want to get back into it or newcomers

[quote name='RockoMan']They just banned my account for streaming to my tablet using Splashtop. I've had my account for 6 years and all of a sudden streaming to my tablet at work is "Using third party software to hack". I've never botted (don't know how to). It's kind of ironic how they just laid the ban-hammer out on a shit ton of people and then put their game up for sale.[/QUOTE]

http://www.livejournal.com

RE: this deal - it's not too bad for new players. Game's fun and definitely worth a shot; it wouldn't sell so much or inspire so many clones if it weren't decent, after all.

[quote name='RockoMan']They just banned my account for streaming to my tablet using Splashtop. I've had my account for 6 years and all of a sudden streaming to my tablet at work is "Using third party software to hack". I've never botted (don't know how to). It's kind of ironic how they just laid the ban-hammer out on a shit ton of people and then put their game up for sale.[/QUOTE]

I doubt this is the reason. Splashtop really has nothing to do with WoW and is a streaming client for your desktop. It's not like it installs any dependencies into the game. A more likely scenario is that your account was broken into and used for gold farming. I would contact Blizzard about it.

Edit: They may have saw that the connection being used for the game was being used from multiple locations (home & work) at the same time. This may have resulted in your ban. In this case it would be a misunderstanding.

Does this activate on Steam?
My friend wants me to play this with him since I've never played it and $5 is a super cheap price. Rather download it then have the disc.
Anyone know? And sorry I', a new PC gamer.

[quote name='adriley313']Does this activate on Steam?
My friend wants me to play this with him since I've never played it and $5 is a super cheap price. Rather download it then have the disc.
Anyone know? And sorry I', a new PC gamer.[/QUOTE]

NO!

Blizzard games are only for sale on their own BATTLE.NET site only digitally; OR you can buy them wherever at Retail (in a Retail-style box).
Either way - you're still gonna be stuck w/ dealing w/ BATTLE.NET.

[quote name='adriley313']Does this activate on Steam?
Anyone know? And sorry I', a new PC gamer.[/QUOTE]

You're also going to be paying $15/month too.

I think i'll gift them it and Ill try the first month and most likely get board and switch to console or Guild Wars 2 or Sim City.
We shall see. Only buying because my friend wants me to play.

Still new to PC gaming and Steam.

Really an unbelievable deal for the original game and two expansions, especially if it's for a WoW novice. My nephew keeps getting more and more friends into it at his school, so this would be a boon for their parents (although the hard reality of a $15/month subscription will hit them soon enough).

[quote name='SilentBob50023']Really an unbelievable deal for the original game and two expansions, especially if it's for a WoW novice. My nephew keeps getting more and more friends into it at his school, so this would be a boon for their parents (although the hard reality of a $15/month subscription will hit them soon enough).[/QUOTE]

friends dont let friends play wow imo.

I grabbed a copy over the weekend most cause I wanted to try out my new Eyefinity setup. I didn't want to spend $15 to resub my old account so this was a cheaper way to go about it. I guess I could have done the trial account but meh this way I can mess around and level past 20 and talk to friends and other's.

bread's done
Back