Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (2/17 to 2/23)

• Please log in to reply
207 replies to this topic

#121 zechs34

zechs34

Voice of Voiceless

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:51 PM

Bunch of Ni No Kuni haters in here. Leave it alone, the game has sold upwards of 200K based on all the reports that have come in. It launched in the last week of January.

You really want to complain, stop giving sales to the games you all were complaining about in Dead Space 3 and DMC. When an original game finally comes out, nobody supports it and then complain when we get recycled crap over and over.

On topic, these are some pretty good sales on newly released games. I've had Sly and Ni No since launch both but great deals nonetheless.
Posted Image

#122 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:51 PM

got Sly Cooper Theives for the vita from gamefly just sitting on my shelf for the last 2 weeks or so never played thanks to fire emblem for the 3ds..... would buy it for 20 but after buying a year of gamefly 2 at a time for 120 for a year..i told myself i will NOT Be buying any games this year hopefully

with over 300 ds/psp games im not even going to start buying more games for new systems i just rent hell sitting on over 100 ps2 games that are now worthless
WOOOO I STINK

#123 gmsick

gmsick

SAY IT WITH YA CHEST

• Silenced

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:55 PM

Bunch of Ni No Kuni haters in here. Leave it alone, the game has sold upwards of 200K based on all the reports that have come in. It launched in the last week of January.

You really want to complain, stop giving sales to the games you all were complaining about in Dead Space 3 and DMC. When an original game finally comes out, nobody supports it and then complain when we get recycled crap over and over.

On topic, these are some pretty good sales on newly released games. I've had Sly and Ni No since launch both but great deals nonetheless.

no ones hating on the game. it just didn't sell at least 750,000 like the one guy said. read before you start getting hostile cheif. almost everyone here is pulling for the game to do well.

#124 plutoknight

plutoknight

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:56 PM

Ohhh price adjusting Ni No Kuni and thus essentially getting Sly for $20.

What's the window for adjusting prices?

(on Ni No Kuni's sales -- To put it in perspective, it outsold DmC on the PS3 by a fair margin)

#125 Zeem

Zeem

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 17 February 2013 - 03:03 PM

If anyone is thinking about getting Sly I highly suggest it. I had a blast playing it and the character chit chat will put a smile on your face.

#126 Havok83

Havok83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 03:18 PM

What's the window for adjusting prices?

(on Ni No Kuni's sales -- To put it in perspective, it outsold DmC on the PS3 by a fair margin)

30 days but come next month it will be 15

#127 lilman

lilman

Posted 17 February 2013 - 03:59 PM

Ordered Sly Cooper Vita. I was tempted to just pay $10 extra for the PS3 version, but the Vita install size is 3.2GB >_>

#128 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:03 PM

30 days but come next month it will be 15

really? what about silver members? they just changed it to 60 days not too long ago. 60 days for silver yet 15 for regular shoppers seems a bit unfair

#129 captainenforcer

captainenforcer

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:16 PM

Hopefully Amazon PM's.

#130 Link2999

Link2999

Demon Lord

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:16 PM

Sly is tempting, but I was planning on using my upcoming Sony Rewards on it. May have to spend those on something else.

#131 TheWildMoose

TheWildMoose

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:23 PM

I'll wait until the PS3 version of Sly is $20.

#132 chaosgamer

chaosgamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:25 PM

if u buy sly cooper can u sell the cross buy vita code???

Games Playing

:wii:  - Pandora's Tower, Donkey Kong Jungle Beat

:ps3: - Wolfenstein The New Order, Kingdom Hearts Remix, Child Of Light

EXTREMEULTIMATE.png

#133 Link2999

Link2999

Demon Lord

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:25 PM

No. It links to your account on first use.

#134 nextisland

nextisland

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:26 PM

[quote name='ZombiesWorld']Dead Space 3 is now up for $44.99! Just got off the phone with BB and already have the $15 back on my card from the PM. So after paying with $25 in RZ certificates, getting $15 back PMing and getting the $20 for preordering I basically got DS3 for $3. Not too shabby.[/QUOT

im confused as to how best buy price matching works. will they put the $15 on my credit card or is it best buy digital credit?

#135 Havok83

Havok83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:27 PM

there is no cross buy code. You need the disc to link it to your account and its one account per disc

really? what about silver members? they just changed it to 60 days not too long ago. 60 days for silver yet 15 for regular shoppers seems a bit unfair

No clue but you can browse through this thread to see if theres an answer

http://forum.blu-ray...ad.php?t=214891
Posted Image

#136 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:29 PM

I don't understand why people disputing ni no kuni sales = hating on it. I really doubt it sold 750k in a week. There's obviously demand for it or my UK wizard edition, parted out wouldn't have sold for $350.

#137 TotalHenshin

TotalHenshin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:36 PM

I don't understand why people disputing ni no kuni sales = hating on it. I really doubt it sold 750k in a week. There's obviously demand for it or my UK wizard edition, parted out wouldn't have sold for $350.

That doesn't mean there's a strong market for it. That means there could be a strong general market, or a strong niche market, which is the more likely case for this game. I really enjoyed the game, but considering the time it was released, as well as its title, it was not destined for market greatness.

#138 Gary71313

Gary71313

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:39 PM

Do you have to pay in full for online pre-orders? Also if I pre-ordered in store would it work if I only put $5 down? I'm thinking of switching over all my newegg Wii U pre-orders.

#139 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:49 PM

That doesn't mean there's a strong market for it. That means there could be a strong general market, or a strong niche market, which is the more likely case for this game. I really enjoyed the game, but considering the time it was released, as well as its title, it was not destined for market greatness.

I agree with you that it doesn't indicate market strength but it certainly lends support to it. If the Wiz Ed was selling below cost then you'd have to wonder how popular the game is. There's some kind of mass hysteria right now. People are paying $50 for a stupid plush toy and $20-$30 for the EMPTY BOX.

Number 2 market in the world for games (it pass Japan a few years ago) is the UK.
http://www.gameranx....tops-uk-charts/

#140 spatenfloot

spatenfloot

Don't read this!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:50 PM

Ni No Kuni has sold roughly 130, 000 copies which is great for a new ip jrpg with little advertisement in this era.

Worldwide, it has sold a little over half a million so far.

#141 Jaysonguy

Jaysonguy

Mr. Wonderful

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:52 PM

Yeah but that's with Japan shouldering most of the sales.

It's a good little niche title that had a ton of hype and sold ok.

Editor in chief at PanicGamer.com
Steam ID: TheRealJaysonguy
We're looking for people who want to review games, interested? Email: jobs@panicgamer.com

#142 kitsunisan

kitsunisan

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:53 PM

LOL no. Not even close.

If that were true, than each of the top 10 games last month would have sold over 750,000 copies. That's not even close to true.

Eh, it was 2am when I typed it. I was going off of someone saying dmc moved over a million units, I trimmed it down by a third to put it at 11. Still, the sales ranking is a bit misleading given the fact that it came out so late in the month.

#143 highoffcoffee496

highoffcoffee496

I gotta believe!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:56 PM

That's good...right? Considering it's a JRPG? For some reason due to the hype I thought it was selling way better in the US and that it wouldn't go on sale for a while. I just want it to sell well enough so we get a sequel >_<
(\__/)
(='.'=)
This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Posted Image

#144 spatenfloot

spatenfloot

Don't read this!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:59 PM

That's good...right? Considering it's a JRPG? For some reason due to the hype I thought it was selling way better in the US and that it wouldn't go on sale for a while. I just want it to sell well enough so we get a sequel >_<

It isn't bad for a jrpg, but needs to sell over a million to be considered successful.

#145 suko_32

suko_32

(soo-koh-32) - noun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:14 PM

Looks like Amazon has PM'd the Vita version of Sly Cooper Thieves in Time

http://www.amazon.co...ords=sly cooper

Edit: PS3 Version PM'd now too.
MGO: LiquidCake

#146 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:18 PM

the truth is ni no kuni is a jrpg/ niche game, they tend to do poorly in the U.S. To most US gamers, it is not a real "game", unless it is your typical fps like Call of duty, or your typical "madden", nba2k sports games. For any1 interested in ni no kuni, you should pick it up, and if it drops further you can still pricematch down the road

#147 neo_anomaly

neo_anomaly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:24 PM

For people who like Amazon. They have pricematched it. I just spoke to them. I believe they changed the price as well.

http://www.amazon.co...&pf_rd_i=507846

#148 neo_anomaly

neo_anomaly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:26 PM

Looks like Amazon has PM'd the Vita version of Sly Cooper Thieves in Time

http://www.amazon.co...ords=sly cooper

Edit: PS3 Version PM'd now too.

Oops didn't see that.

#149 Havok83

Havok83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:38 PM

Do you have to pay in full for online pre-orders? Also if I pre-ordered in store would it work if I only put $5 down? I'm thinking of switching over all my newegg Wii U pre-orders.

I dont think you pay anything on online preorders. If Im not mistaken, nothing is actually charged to your account until the item ships,
Posted Image

#150 usagi

usagi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:40 PM

[quote name='nextisland'][quote name='ZombiesWorld']Dead Space 3 is now up for $44.99! Just got off the phone with BB and already have the $15 back on my card from the PM. So after paying with $25 in RZ certificates, getting $15 back PMing and getting the $20 for preordering I basically got DS3 for $3. Not too shabby.[/QUOT

im confused as to how best buy price matching works. will they put the $15 on my credit card or is it best buy digital credit?[/QUOTE]
You should see $15 or $15 + tax refunded on your credit card.