Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (2/17 to 2/23)

• Please log in to reply
207 replies to this topic

#151 Gary71313

Gary71313

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:56 PM

I dont think you pay anything on online preorders. If Im not mistaken, nothing is actually charged to your account until the item ships,

I'll test it out. I'm going to do store pickup though. I imagine it might be a little different.

#152 Fotzenlecker

Fotzenlecker

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:03 PM

Sly Cooper is so far the best game I played all year, in fact im playing it right now. Easily worth $30 in case somebody is wondering, what a mistery that such great games go on sale so rapidly but other sh!t titles take forever.

#153 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:03 PM

good amazon matched sly for the vita. im going to try and get a price ajustment back. if i get it ill use that 10$ credit on dynasty warriors next or something
Currently playing
:ps4: infamous first light, fez, strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: lego marvel, contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect

690739.png

#154 nextisland

nextisland

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:04 PM

im not seeing the change in my bank statement, when would it appear?

#155 usagi

usagi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:12 PM

^ I think it takes a couple business days to show in your statement, but in the Best Buy invoice on the website it should say something like $15 in Best Buy Digital Credit.

#156 JWolff55

JWolff55

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:14 PM

no too many deals
Posted Image

#157 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:16 PM

the truth is ni no kuni is a jrpg/ niche game, they tend to do poorly in the U.S. To most US gamers, it is not a real "game", unless it is your typical fps like Call of duty, or your typical "madden", nba2k sports games. For any1 interested in ni no kuni, you should pick it up, and if it drops further you can still pricematch down the road

I think the price will drop down the road. They didn't make any commitment to not do additional prints of anything other than the Wizard Edition. I really doubt this will turn out like Xenoblade Chronicles which seems to sell for an extra $10 on eBay every week for the last 5 weeks.

http://www.ebay.com/...=p2047675.l2557

http://www.ebay.com/...=p2047675.l2557

#158 djricekcn

djricekcn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:20 PM

Do you have to pay in full for online pre-orders? Also if I pre-ordered in store would it work if I only put $5 down? I'm thinking of switching over all my newegg Wii U pre-orders.

you're not paying full, they are authorizing it. paying and auth only are two separate matters.

That's good...right? Considering it's a JRPG? For some reason due to the hype I thought it was selling way better in the US and that it wouldn't go on sale for a while. I just want it to sell well enough so we get a sequel >_<

it's acually bad because of the money they spent on advertisement in Japan + studio ghibli etc. it didn't help cover the loss of the NDS one, which had very very poor sales (mainly due to that big book that was needed...)

#159 Gary71313

Gary71313

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:20 PM

Store pickup and shipping did not work for me because I don't have enough cash on my debit card. I'll assumes that means you have to pay in full. It might be because of the sale.

#160 thedolphinsrule

thedolphinsrule

It's Morphin Time!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:23 PM

Thats assuming he has a PS3. If not, then its not really in his best interest to trade his Vita copy for it. I also beleive he'd have to pay the shipping fees to have it returned to Amazon

I was just assuming he owned a PS3 as well. I figured that most teens and adults who have a Vita have a PS3. Maybe I'm wrong though.

334204.png
12.pngufz.gif

#161 highoffcoffee496

highoffcoffee496

I gotta believe!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:32 PM

it's acually bad because of the money they spent on advertisement in Japan + studio ghibli etc. it didn't help cover the loss of the NDS one, which had very very poor sales (mainly due to that big book that was needed...)

:cry::cry::cry:
(\__/)
(='.'=)
This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Posted Image

#162 wingzero16

wingzero16

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:32 PM

just had to pick up sly on amazon wish they price matched

#163 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:35 PM

Perhaps wait for February numbers before making any conclusions on how well it did or didn't do.

#164 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:38 PM

Still, the sales ranking is a bit misleading given the fact that it came out so late in the month.

It is not because most sales are during the first week anyway.

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

Looking for Danganronpa Anime Expo edition.  Please PM me if you have it for sale.

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#165 Guimengo

Guimengo

Sim and Real Racing + Sports

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:47 PM

Amazon price-matched Ni No Kuni just now (I just ordered):

http://www.amazon.co...8&condition=new

"Amazon.com griffy familiar Exclusive Bonus Offer
Purchase Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch for Playstation 3 and receive the Amazon.com Exclusive: Griffy Familiar. Use this Hunter of the Skies and its fearsome Phantom Fangs to evolve your griffy into the griffrigerator! The code will be emailed within two days after your order ships."

htya.jpg

3DS, GameCube, N64, DreamCast, PS1, PS2, PS3, PC, DVDs, iPod: Here

#166 CAGkrazy

CAGkrazy

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:55 PM

In 2 months or so sly cooper will be the next playstation plus freebie at this state. Tsk! Il pass on this for now.

#167 Abeja

Abeja

CAG with No Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:56 PM

Purchase Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch for Playstation 3 and receive the Amazon.com Exclusive: Griffy Familiar. Use this Hunter of the Skies and its fearsome Phantom Fangs to evolve your griffy into the griffrigerator! The code will be emailed within two days after your order ships."

Thanks grabbed one at Amazon instead.

#168 DarenDF

DarenDF

Don't Do this

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:00 PM

Wish I would have seen this before I got my copy at best buy. Oh well it doesn't look worth taking it back to best buy and ordering off amazon.

#169 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:03 PM

Amazon just PM'd Black Ops 2 $39.99

Now playing:

:ps4: Last of Us: Remastered, Destiny

:360: Gears of War 3

#170 Multibeaster79

Multibeaster79

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:11 PM

Thanks, I'll be heading in to PM Ni No tomorrow and Bioshock ultimate rapture edition ($20 @ Amazon) to grab Sly for $10 or Dead Space 3 for $25 oop (PM Kmart). I figure after the price matches $25 is essentially like getting DS3 for $15 used (unless I wait for a Gamefly sale and get the online pass included)....

#171 jrr6415sun

jrr6415sun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:14 PM

will this be available online or in store only?

#172 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:22 PM

No

Well, CAGs have reported some pretty crazy PMs before.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#173 Byakurai

Byakurai

CAG Busta

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:35 PM

Well, CAGs have reported some pretty crazy PMs before.

SOP is 'no free gift with purchase' Kudos to those that can sweet talk their way into getting it though.

#174 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:37 PM

^I know, I am merely pointing out the fact that similar PMs have been done before.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#175 Guimengo

Guimengo

Sim and Real Racing + Sports

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:11 PM

Wish I would have seen this before I got my copy at best buy. Oh well it doesn't look worth taking it back to best buy and ordering off amazon.

I made sure to check Amazon one more time before I headed out to peruse through my local Best Buy's selection. The first time I checked was maybe an hour and a bit before I looked again, and I am glad they were quick to match it!

I don't like giving money to the Best Buy here as many of their employees are poor in customer service and politeness standards.

htya.jpg

3DS, GameCube, N64, DreamCast, PS1, PS2, PS3, PC, DVDs, iPod: Here

#176 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:21 PM

Don't mean to hijack the thread, but am I able to PM the giftcard deal over at BB? I just happened to reserve both MG and Crysis today so that'd be awesome if I could get $4 in RZ certs + another $40 in giftcards :bouncy:

It's YMMV but I've done tru gc pm's a ton. Don't try to do everything at once just get the pm & come back later for the pre-orders. The end result will most likely be you each game marked to $40 & them ''charging'' you for a $40 BB gc. It's 2 instant pm's so that's good for me

#177 grundy

grundy

Whatevr a spider can

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:38 PM

I know Target price matches Amazon, but would they price match the K-Mart website DS3 price of $40.49?

Currently playing:
:360: nothing
:3ds: nothing
:pc: nothing
:ps3: Killzone HD

#178 Bing147

Bing147

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:49 PM

This was just the push I needed on Ni No Kuni.
www.vg-force.com

#179 snacks28217

snacks28217

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:09 PM

My store said not a problem,they are happy to pm tru ad for me.

#180 Abeja

Abeja

CAG with No Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:19 PM

You could just order one then return it on the receipt. Im sure you knew this already tho. You could probably ditch the Griffy code tho for something (id be interested in it too if you do).

Edited by Abeja, 19 February 2013 - 12:29 AM.