Do we really need a Paul Bearer Memorial Thread? Ohhhhhhhhh Yeeeeessss

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1015 replies to this topic

#331 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:17 AM

This Flair being Miz's mentor crap is pretty awful. Maybe I just don't get Miz, but I don't see him as being "must-see" at all. I think if Flair is going to mentor someone, he would be much better suited for the guy Miz wrestled last night (Ziggler).

I can't believe I never thought of something until I saw them around the ring together. DiBiase being the manager for Prime Time Players could be absolutely amazing. But unfortunately, managers don't really exist anymore....

Well they had a great one until he made a R-rated joke on an open mic on a PG prime time show and refused to apologize.

#332 The Great Muta

The Great Muta

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:06 AM

ehhhh, maybe. I see that, but I also see them thinking that Ziggler might get a face pop if Flair aligns with him (enough of a concern as is). Also, if Ziggler adds one more person to his entourage, he'll rival ECW-era Steve Corino.

AJ looks a little Asian, so I assume the next logical progression is cripple. :-k

#333 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:08 AM

Come on man.

Unless I missed some major incident with AJ, he's guilty of having an accent and some very questionable tattoos, nothing more.

AJ's homophobia and proselytizing Christianity are pretty well documented. As far as the former is concerned, I've seen him (as the babyface) refer to his opponent as a "$$$$$$" at a number of ROH shows. Shows I attended, mind.
Posted Image

#334 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:29 AM

I'm hearing a lot of rumors that William Moody, aka Paul Bearer, has passed away.

Oh, please.. please don't let this be true.

/edit: Confirmed by WWE.com.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#335 Ced

Ced

Monster Hustler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:37 AM

RIP Percy Pringle III. Blew my mind that I didn't realize they were the same guy until he began talking normally during the initial Kane saga.

#336 The Great Muta

The Great Muta

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:38 AM

Absolutely heartbreaking. Just a dagger to the soul.

#337 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:42 AM

Rip :cry:

#338 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:48 AM

Absolutely heartbreaking. Just a dagger to the soul.

There's been a few deaths in the wrestling world that have actually made me sad. Owen Hart's was one - I met him less than a year prior to him passing away. Savage was another. But Paul Bearer..

as I have told a few people, I got into wrestling in the mid-90's. Managers were on their way out. Between WCW and WWF, I knew of only a handful - Sherri, General Lee, Hillbilly Jim, Sunny, Sable, Michael Hayes, Marlena, Paul Bearer, and Jimmy Hart. From age 8 or 9 and on, I was a pretty big Undertaker fan. I grew up with Undertaker and Paul Bearer. I marked harder for Paul Bearer's return at Wrestlemania 20 than I did Undertaker returning to the deadman gimmick.

A huge piece of my childhood has died. This is awful. Thoughts and prayers to the friends and family.

Posted Image

#339 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:49 AM

heartbreaking indeed.
Posted Image

#340 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:52 AM

Had no idea that he had recently had a gastric bypass and had lost a lot of weight. Jerry Lawler tweeted this photo out tonight, said it was taken just ten days ago:

Spoiler

Posted Image

#341 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:58 AM

By that photo, you could never tell that Lawler is five years older than Bearer.

#342 Purple Flames

Purple Flames

MC Sucka DJ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:02 AM

Just heard about Bearer via Twitter. Really sad news. RIP :(

#343 TheRock88

TheRock88

The Franchise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:09 AM

Damn thats really sad RIP :(

#344 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:32 AM

The Internet is too sad for me to continue on tonight. Bret Hart's tweet made me even sadder than I already was

@BretHart: Goodbye to a good friend, Paul Bearer. Say hi to Owen for me.

Posted Image

#345 HydroX

HydroX

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:36 AM

Wow.. just.. wow. I was having a great week and then I come home from Lakers/Thunder to read that Bearer has left us. The other day I was just watching some of the shoot he and Cornette did together, telling some really hilarious stories about Taker and Co.

RIP. :cry:

#346 Greendecko

Greendecko

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:36 AM

RIP Paul Bearer. Really sad
"It's Like I'm Assisting Suicide, Hate not Me, Hate your Weakness" - Iori Yagami KoF

Wii U - demondecko
Xbox Live Gamertag - GreenDecko
PSN Name - Demondecko

#347 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

Sandwich Artist with the Mouth

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:53 AM

A lot of people have problems from gastric. My uncle died from gastric bypass complications.
Indeed sad. Heartbreaking.

Vulcan7905.png
Real Life Ice Hockey Stats: Goals - 20 Assists - 22 Penalty Minutes - 8

Granted I only played the demo of Chime, but how the heck do you get shit on by Chime?

#348 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:59 AM

Thw internet is weird. Found out about this by Jeff Gerstmann retweeting Jerry Lawler.

He seemed like a really decent guy from the shoots I've seen and other people's comments about him.

Definitely one of the corniest/best wrestling names ever. And most fun to imitate. Back in middle school I won some dumb WWF hat at a house show for participating in a "Paul Bearer soundalike" contest that took place in the ring during intermission.

Memorial thread time.

Edited by KaneRobot, 06 March 2013 - 08:13 AM.

#349 JJSP

JJSP

Beyond economical repair.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:49 AM

He'd been working for NWA Hollywood as Percy Pringle again. Sad loss for the wrestling business indeed.

#350 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:21 AM

Man, this just flat out sucks. We lost a great one tonight. RIP Paul Bearer.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#351 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:06 PM

Damn, and he was looking a lot better weight wise, thought he was doing great. That's just sad.:(

His Paul Bearer character was always one of my favorites, he just sold the character so well.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#352 MushaOne

MushaOne

etc. and so forth...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:28 PM

A lot of people have problems from gastric. My uncle died from gastric bypass complications.
Indeed sad. Heartbreaking.

As did Mass Transit. A man whose wrestling career was way too short.

#353 axlrose4183

axlrose4183

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:00 PM

sucks about Paul, lived about an hour from me over in Mobile, AL. A great gulf coast legend.

axlrose4183.png

#354 KillerRamen

KillerRamen

OMG Lilac PSP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:11 PM

I loved Paul Bearer when I was a kid. He was my favorite manager. :cry:
Posted Image

#355 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:10 PM

Someone on Reddit said they should use Undertaker's unused theme during the tribute video for Paul Bearer. I agree.

Posted Image

#356 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:16 PM

That would put me in tears. After the tribute video plays, either Taker and/or Kane should walk out onto the stage and kneel or do whatever. No words necessary.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#357 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:57 PM

That would fit so well for a tribute, I agree they should use it.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#358 HydroX

HydroX

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:26 PM

y u no change thread 2 memorial thread ?!

#359 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:30 PM

Someone should put together a proper memorial thread, and lock up this one for now.

#360 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:47 PM

I hope he was right about the deadman gimmick, that he'll bring it out one last time before retirement.

Oh and this had me loling.