Do we really need a Paul Bearer Memorial Thread? Ohhhhhhhhh Yeeeeessss

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1015 replies to this topic

#571 Demolition Man

Demolition Man

REV-OH-LU-TION!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:31 AM

The only question is would Randy Travis be the person to finally say Fandango's name right?

New sig coming soon.

#572 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:57 AM

Wow! @ Vince McMahon shitting at Congress through Cole. Not that Congress isn't a cesspool of rich, white morons, but moreso at McMahon's personality.

What did I miss? I'm watching the Flyers be awful at hockey.
Posted Image

#573 Cage017

Cage017

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:59 AM

Posted Image

gallery_474050_8161_3173.jpg

"Designed By Lilchiji"

#574 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:01 AM

It looks they're moving towards Kane/Bryan vs Ziggler/Big E at Wrestlemania.

Also, Booker is going into the HoF.

#575 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:27 AM

Anyone know the name of that rap song played during the bumper for Rock & Cena before ads started? It sampled "Going The Distance" from Rocky

#576 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:37 AM

Anyone know the name of that rap song played during the bumper for Rock & Cena before ads started? It sampled "Going The Distance" from Rocky

Puff Daddy ft. Notorious BIG & Busta Rhymes - "Victory"

Sad that I know that.

#577 The Great Muta

The Great Muta

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:48 AM

I'm certain this has been discussed before in great lengths, but do any of you have pet peeves as wrestling fans? I.E. hearing someone insist that there were more than 1 Ultimate Warrior? Years ago I worked with a lady who would NOT stop saying "Macho Man Randy Travis". I corrected her and she FREAKED OUT, insisting that she has been a fan since she was little and that was his name. I googled it, brought in DVDs and such with his name printed on it and she kept saying things like "They have it wrong" or "he must have changed his name at some point".

I pointed out that Randy Travis IS a real person, just not a wrestler. (Country singer) That didn't help my cause.

She only had 6 teeth or so and weighed over 450 pounds. Not being judgmental, just trying to paint you a picture.

Just did a Google search for "Macho Man Randy Travis." Apparently, she's not the only one to make the mistake.

Scrubbing through clips. Fandango's complete entrance is pretty neat. Crowd gives him a reaction, which is good. Waiting for Vince to tire of the gimmick and completely forget about him. I give him two months before Curtis is back to jobbing to Khali in squash matches.

Is this Twitter ticker a new thing? I- I think I actually like it.

Miz looks like Alred E. Neuman, tho I think Neuman would be more over as a baby face.

Titus O'Neil is pretty funny and very amusing. And John Cena squashing Black Cena is not how to put over anyone. Yeah, WWE gave the PTP some airtime, but squash matches help no one. Said this last week, but the way Kevin Steen put over Grizzly Redwood yet flat-out won is how to work these matches between main-event-tier and lower-card-tier wrasslers. WWE is careless.

Edit: Just caught this while checking my e-mail. I am not one to care about another's celebrity but this got a genuine "Wow, that's pretty damn neat" reaction from me. Figure you guys would be the best crowd to share.

Spoiler

Edited by Chase, 19 March 2013 - 06:18 AM.

#578 dkreegz515

dkreegz515

Dave "Drama" Kreegz

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:47 AM

my raw thoughts...
so last week no cena, no rock.... understandable since they had such a cool angle with taker, kane, punk...
this week we get a funny cm punk playing with the urn... but nothing in ring...

we got like the 8th awesome match with ziggler in a row... he's showcasing his skills and having entertaining matches.

ryback is goldberg no matter how they do anything with him... both were horrible speakers... him having a match with mark henry just makes me cringe.

the USA chants during del rio's match were hilarious. im sure when they replay the match on saturday mornings or whatever it will not be there.

shield vs. rko, ronald, green giant... could be good if they showcase the shield.
i was hoping the shield gets revealed as helping punk and being in heymans group... and a big reveal of Punk, Lesnar, Shield one day... but eh.

the whole HHH/dangerously thing was stupid. not sure if heyman was supposed to bleed he looked like he tried to blade at some point. i think hhh was gonna sign the contract with heyman's blood. but then again i doubt it. the stephanie joke was hilarious. but the whole stipulation "no holds barred, and your career is on the line..." my reaction was the same as the live audience... who cares...

and last but not least... WTF is going on with the show lasting 15 or 16 minutes past the hour... i mean the show is already 3 hours long, you really need to go past the hour by 15 minutes???

sorry for the rambling and the grammar. :)
Posted Image

#579 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:50 AM

"somewhat vegan"?

Not trying to be judgmental, but somewhat vegan = not vegan, yes?
Posted Image

#580 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 12:47 PM

The crowd was dead for most of the HHH/Brock segment. WWE crews will definitely pipe audience reaction sounds in for replays. The whole "your career is on the line!" statement is way overused. It might mean more if Triple H had been used regularly in the past.. oh, three or four years. Also, didn't he already retire once on Raw last fall?

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#581 The Great Muta

The Great Muta

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:18 PM

"somewhat vegan"?

Not trying to be judgmental, but somewhat vegan = not vegan, yes?

Nice catch, sir. Lemme elaborate. I eat vegan but my supplements aren't vegan. However, supplements aren't food. Hence "somewhat vegan." ;)

#582 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:20 PM

Word. B12 and casein, perhaps?
Posted Image

#583 Purple Flames

Purple Flames

MC Sucka DJ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:48 PM

Last night was just a boring ass show all around. The only redeeming part was the heat Punk got during his segment.

#584 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:26 PM

Last two weeks make me wonder what the heck they'd be doing for the Punk-Undertaker match build-up if Bearer hadn't died.

#585 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:32 PM

I think this is the first Wrestlemania I've ever said this about because I usually look forward to at least one match, but on paper, this WM looks like it might suck.

Sticking Ziggler in a throwaway tag match(yes, I know it's for the titles, but they're worthless now), Jericho possibly getting put in a match with Fahndahngo, Cena vs Rock again, ADR having the worst face-turn championship run ever besides maybe 2004 Orton, etc. I'll watch, but I won't pay to watch.

#586 diddy310

diddy310

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:34 PM

90's Bully Ray is still alive and well apparently...

Bischoff and Gallows definitely seem concerned that this guy might swing at him...starts at 6 minutes in.

#587 neocisco

neocisco

I am Groot!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:41 PM

Why was Lance Hoyt in the crowd?

Now playing (& watching):
:dvd:-Robot Chicken season 4

:dvd:-Blade Anime
My tradelist:http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=116943
35bb9lx.gif

#588 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

Sandwich Artist with the Mouth

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:53 PM

Well crap, shaving our chest makes us gay now?

Vulcan7905.png
Real Life Ice Hockey Stats: Goals - 20 Assists - 23 Penalty Minutes - 8

Granted I only played the demo of Chime, but how the heck do you get shit on by Chime?

#589 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:02 PM

Welp, since WWE was terrible I suppose, let's talk about Bully Ray taunting the crowd. Was it "over the line" for him to go straight to homophobic taunts? I thought so in the past (when CM Punk did it), but for some reason not even this triggers my hypersensitive, ultra-PC (and proudly so) "that's going too far" radar.

It's Bully Ray, we're supposed to hate his fucking guts. This solidifies that. Sure, it's cheap and easy, but it's effective.

Also getting over as a heel this week: Michelle Shocked. Color me...shocked.
Posted Image

#590 HydroX

HydroX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:08 PM

... who?

Not going to lie, first thing that came to mind:
Spoiler

#591 007

Areaologist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:09 PM

I think this is the first Wrestlemania I've ever said this about because I usually look forward to at least one match, but on paper, this WM looks like it might suck.

Sticking Ziggler in a throwaway tag match(yes, I know it's for the titles, but they're worthless now), Jericho possibly getting put in a match with Fahndahngo, Cena vs Rock again, ADR having the worst face-turn championship run ever besides maybe 2004 Orton, etc. I'll watch, but I won't pay to watch.

I'm inclined to agree... it really, really feels like they phoned this one in. The WrestleMania season is usually the one time per year that you can count on WWE to at least be interesting and watchable, but they've just... I don't know, failed entirely so far this year. The stories aren't all that interesting, the main event matches are retreads, and the undercard seems pretty goddamned bizarre. I can't honestly name one thing I'm looking forward to, and that makes me kind of sad.

As an aside, I've said it before, but I'll say it again... I really wish Taker had retired. This is the first year the 'special attraction'-ness of his schedule has really gotten to me. HBK was the tail-end of his real in-ring career, and the HHH matches were booked in a way that gave him a reason to come back. The writing this year literally just brought him back because it's WrestleMania and... why not, I guess. It just feels cheap and half-hearted. I realize that's a pretty mark-y thing to say, but I lose some respect for Taker only showing up once a year. If you're not healthy enough to even do the HBK half-year schedule, then maybe it's time to gracefully ride into the sunset, so to speak.

I always toy with the idea of going to the Pittsburgh Raws, and you know... never really disappointed with my decision to not go. Another year, another good choice. Sheesh.

#592 diddy310

diddy310

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:49 PM

Everything feels rushed or just not at the level a Wrestlemania should be.

Henry/Del Rio would have been a much better matchup than Swagger/Del Rio. Coming off what I felt was a pretty good feud with Big Show he instead gets to feud with a guy who spent the entirety of the last year (up until about 6 weeks ago) losing every single match. Don't get me wrong, I like Swagger's gimmick but they should have been kept away from eachother until the summer..whether Del Rio had the belt or not.

Henry at least feels like a legit threat and can pull off making Del Rio seem like the underdog. The crowd would eat that shit up when he finally somehow gets the win. He beats Jack Swagger...big fucking deal.

Punk/Taker seems hurt more by the stalling they had to do while waiting for Taker to decide he was going to do the match..not really Punks fault. At this point I would have rather seen the Punk/Rock/Cena triple threat and Taker have the year off. That match has more of a "Big fight feel" based on what they've done over the past year.

Edited by diddy310, 19 March 2013 - 08:03 PM.

#593 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:04 PM

Agree with the sentiment. I passed up on buying those WM tix from the guy who was selling them and HOF tickets for $200. Partly influenced by mild financial constraints, but if the card was holy-shit-awesome, I would have tried much harder to make it work for me, you know?

This one feels so. fucking. flat.
Posted Image

#594 diddy310

diddy310

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:10 PM

Yeah, I'm 40 minutes away from Giants Stadium and I have no desire to go to WM or any of the surrounding activities/shows.

#595 HydroX

HydroX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:20 PM

Axxess would still be cool to go to, but meh.

#596 Antiques Roadshow

Antiques Roadshow

Dick Tracy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:58 PM

What did I miss? I'm watching the Flyers be awful at hockey.

Damn... I can't remember.

I saw a brief nugget of RAW and Cole took a jab at Congress not doing their jobs. It was in context with whatever action was going on, although slightly shoehorned.

The part I saw, Cole and King were acting like huge cunts on commentary. :lol: (Not just towards Congress - Fuck Congress, anyway.)

#597 bhk

bhk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:27 PM

Welp, since WWE was terrible I suppose, let's talk about Bully Ray taunting the crowd. Was it "over the line" for him to go straight to homophobic taunts? I thought so in the past (when CM Punk did it), but for some reason not even this triggers my hypersensitive, ultra-PC (and proudly so) "that's going too far" radar.

It's Bully Ray, we're supposed to hate his fucking guts. This solidifies that. Sure, it's cheap and easy, but it's effective.

Serious question: Would you have felt differently if he had used the N word instead of a homophobic slur?

#598 bg88

bg88

Michael Mann fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:57 PM

I agree with the feelings that WM this year looks poised to suck...a lot. Besides the fact that the Rock/Cena is a whopping rematch from one year ago, it feels like almost no effort is being put into building up the match this time. For last year's match, there was an entire year to build things up. This year they have a fraction of that time, which doesn't help with the Rock's "part-time" schedule. It still feels like robbery that Punk's title reign was ended for this...

I expect Lesnar/HHH to be awful, considering the last time they fought it was trash. It never seems like the crowd gives a shit about it either. Last night, the entire segment was completely dead.

Del Rio/Swagger doesn't do anything for me either. Speaking of dead, no one in Pittsburgh gave a crap about Del Rio. His reactions aren't very strong at all once they headed further north. It also doesn't help for me when I am supposed to hate Swagger and Coulter for mostly stating facts about illegal immigrants.

Punk/Taker is the only match that I can care about on this card, and even this match doesn't do a whole lot for me. I've been a fan of the Undertaker since I first started watching wrestling, but seeing him at WM just isn't that great anymore to me.

All in all.....yeah. This WM isn't doing much for me. It really feels like they are putting in no effort whatsoever.
Posted Image

#599 Halo05

Halo05

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:29 AM

Why was Lance Hoyt in the crowd?

Better there than in the ring.

As many of you know, black ops 2 is plaid with bugs, lag etc which many people have been suffering including me.

plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid

#600 neocisco

neocisco

I am Groot!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:34 AM

Better there than in the ring.

True dat.

Now playing (& watching):
:dvd:-Robot Chicken season 4

:dvd:-Blade Anime
My tradelist:http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=116943
35bb9lx.gif