Vita price drop 2/28 $200 Japan.. US?

edson13

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
Vita price will drop from 24,980 to 19,980 for Japan. Announced to come on 2/28 for both models: 3G/WIfi.
Assume US will follow.
screenshot20130218at120t.png

Last edited by a moderator:
If it gets to $100-$150 around the holidays with a price drop plus holiday sale, I'll bite. Probably not a minute before. I only will probably get about 5 games for it, so I don't want to spend a lot.

Well ~$215 depending on the exchange but for that price they get Phantasy Star Online bundled with it.

I hope we get some new colors and a sweet bundle. Not like Madden, AC, or Black Ops.

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']If it gets to $100-$150 around the holidays with a price drop plus holiday sale, I'll bite. Probably not a minute before. I only will probably get about 5 games for it, so I don't want to spend a lot.[/QUOTE]

Not to mention a needed drop in the memory prices too.

I already own Virtue's Last Reward for it, but I don't have a Vita yet. I really want to play it and I don't know anyone with a Vita so I'm waitingly patiently for it to get to the $150 mark. Hopefully it gets there on some type of Black Friday deal, but most likely they'll just have sales on bundles.

[quote name='kart007k']I guess that this will be announced on Wed during SONY press conference.[/QUOTE]

You're probably right. They'll announce a "price drop" for the Vita to $199, and then at the end "tease" their release of PS4, which they'll save for E3 in June. It's almost inevitable they're releasing it this September, as is Microsoft releasing Xbox720 or whatever they decide to call it.

I'm happy I have such a backlog, because I don't plan on buying another console for 3-5 years.

[quote name='RabbitSuit']Does the 200 dollar system include any games or a memory card? Or is it a no thrills package?[/QUOTE]

This is just the JPN but they get Phantasy star Online 2 with it. Don't know if US/EU is getting a cheap bundle.

I hope the U.S. price drop happens today or Tuesday just to get that out of the way for an all PS4 Wednesday :).

[quote name='GundamS']I hope the U.S. price drop happens today or Tuesday just to get that out of the way for an all PS4 Wednesday :).[/QUOTE]

I bet you the big news is at best a Vita drop, vita memory drop, and a teaser for PS4.

[quote name='RabbitSuit']Does the 200 dollar system include any games or a memory card? Or is it a no thrills package?[/QUOTE]

well the one in Japan is a special ice gray with fantasy star online 12, so I would imagine itll be the same over here, just a different game(ex. madden, asscreed, bops bundles).

[quote name='GundamS']I hope the U.S. price drop happens today or Tuesday just to get that out of the way for an all PS4 Wednesday :).[/QUOTE]

I dont know but yeah I really dont want to hear about a bunch of shit on Wednesday. I hope it's all PS4. If they actually have anything new for the Vita to announce that'd be fantastic.

[quote name='PancakesAreLove']I bet you the big news is at best a Vita drop, vita memory drop, and a teaser for PS4.[/QUOTE]

I doubt it with all the press and investors there. At the very least they'll probably talk about PS4 for a few minutes. I hope. If they underwhelm it's not going to be good at all.

[quote name='ShockandAww']I dont know but yeah I really dont want to hear about a bunch of shit on Wednesday. I hope it's all PS4. If they actually have anything new for the Vita to announce that'd be fantastic.

I doubt it with all the press and investors there. At the very least they'll probably talk about PS4 for a few minutes. I hope. If they underwhelm it's not going to be good at all.[/QUOTE]

yeah, they purposely created too much hype to simply just tease the system. Its going to be a full blown showcase.

[quote name='edson13']well the one in Japan is a special ice gray with fantasy star online 12, so I would imagine itll be the same over here, just a different game(ex. madden, asscreed, bops bundles).[/QUOTE]

Wow, I didn't even notice that wasn't the White Vita. Wonder if we'd be lucky enough to get a red one.

[quote name='RabbitSuit']Wow, I didn't even notice that wasn't the White Vita. Wonder if we'd be lucky enough to get a red one.[/QUOTE]

in the same video they showcased a red soul sacrifice limited edition vita,
eABYT.jpeg

it was to be sold at the old ~250 price point though

[quote name='TommyLove']I'm not gonna pick up a Vita until I can hook it up to my TV. PLEASE MAKE IT HAPPEN SONY![/QUOTE]

Well, there are already rumors from GamerXchange and Patent Bolt that a new 4g model with a hdmi port is going to be released. And since they are now pricing the 3g and regular wi-fi model at the same price point, it looks like there may be some credence to those rumors.

for those that preordered Soul Sacrifice combo, it's 29800 ==> 24800

also PSO2 is a free game so the bundle is...not really special..but you do get 1000 PSO2 money and a Silver colored Vita

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']If it gets to $100-$150 around the holidays with a price drop plus holiday sale, I'll bite. Probably not a minute before. I only will probably get about 5 games for it, so I don't want to spend a lot.[/QUOTE]

good luck ever finding a vita for 100 new before 2015

No frills, unless you get the Assassins Creed bundle which includes the game and a 4gb card. But if you are going to invest better snag a 32gb. Also if you have plus or invest in plus you get several games as well.

Great price assuming they market it at $199.99 and include at least a 4GB memory card. They need to start moving units if they want developers to take the platform seriously.

[quote name='PancakesAreLove']I bet you the big news is at best a Vita drop, vita memory drop, and a teaser for PS4.[/QUOTE]

I doubt it since they touted the conference as "see the future of gaming" or something. No way the bulk of the conference is on the vita.

[quote name='bruceg']Well, there are already rumors from GamerXchange and Patent Bolt that a new 4g model with a hdmi port is going to be released. And since they are now pricing the 3g and regular wi-fi model at the same price point, it looks like there may be some credence to those rumors.[/QUOTE]

If they do that it's going to negate the drop for a lot of people I think...especially if it's a 4g model with HDMI. Never really understood paying so much extra for "mobile" models but to each their own. Seems odd they'd release a new version when the currents ones aren't even doing well to begin with.

Even at the lower price though I'd have a hard time justifying it as there's just nothing for it that interests me enough to warrant buying it. I had a PSP and had some fun with it but it had a lot of cool RPG's at least.

[quote name='edson13']in the same video they showcased a red soul sacrifice limited edition vita,
eABYT.jpeg

it was to be sold at the old ~250 price point though[/QUOTE]

That's an excellent looking model! I would sell my Vita for it, but I think I'll keep it. As far as the 4G model is concerned, my Vita rarely leaves the house. I took it to my college campus a few times, but I primarily use it when I'm at home. Loving the system so far though.

I'm so glad I got the AC Vita bundle for $180 over BF. Even with two price drops, it still wouldn't be as good a deal as that bundle.

i really wish they would announce a localization for the vita version. i have a good feeling we are going to get screwed.

I sold my Vita a few months ago because of the lack of games, but I've been itching to buy it again, so I hope this price cut also include the US.
I still have my memory cards and case and accessories.

[quote name='SuperMario64']heh it's funny how 2 tiny memory cards will cost the price of a Vita[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's a racket. They should really put them around the 50-60 range to motivate migration to digital purchases. The biggest PS4 rumor so far is game streaming. Sony is clearly going to go out trying to prep for an all digital distribution generation.

[quote name='jwspiker']also rumors that last guardian has been switched over to ps4 for quite a while[/QUOTE]

Wise move if it makes the launch window.

Stlll another $30+ to go and that hdmi out port.

Don't think this will help sales much more, but could provide a short term boost

But at least now it will only be $30 more then a 3DS, though at $200 you get the 3DSXL

I hope that there's an ambassador program for early adopters. Will I feel ripped off if there is a price drop? No. Do I want free games? Yes.

[quote name='Dev518']I hope that there's an ambassador program for early adopters. Will I feel ripped off if there is a price drop? No. Do I want free games? Yes.[/QUOTE]

There been free games like every week now

Real Talk: I'd probably buy that PSO2 bundle, assuming PSO2 turns out to be any good.

So many hours lost to the Dreamcast game...so many hours.

[quote name='62t']There been free games like every week now[/QUOTE]

If you're referring to Playstation Plus, those aren't free.

[quote name='maximumzero']

If you're referring to Playstation Plus, those aren't free.[/QUOTE]

The six weeks six game thing that is going on right now.

[quote name='edson13']in the same video they showcased a red soul sacrifice limited edition vita,
eABYT.jpeg

it was to be sold at the old ~250 price point though[/QUOTE]

Holy fucking shits! If this comes to the US, I WILL buy it! Otherwise, I'll stick with the used crystal white Vita I got from Cowboom that ended up only costing me $128.

Sorry but $199 without a memory card still isn't good enough for me.

I want them to: Redesign the Vita to have a slider layout like PSP Go, make the screen smaller and improve battery life, cut price to $150 with at least 2GB built in storage.

[quote name='bonesawisready']Sorry but $199 without a memory card still isn't good enough for me.

I want them to: Redesign the Vita to have a slider layout like PSP Go, make the screen smaller and improve battery life, cut price to $150 with at least 2GB built in storage.[/QUOTE]

Why stop there?
How about a 10 inch 3d screen, 3rd analog stick, motion control, 500gb hdd, and the ability to play ps4 games, all for $99

[quote name='bonesawisready']Sorry but $199 without a memory card still isn't good enough for me.

I want them to: Redesign the Vita to have a slider layout like PSP Go, make the screen smaller and improve battery life, cut price to $150 with at least 2GB built in storage.[/QUOTE]

So the fact that it costs them more than $200 to make the product means that you should get it for less than it costs them to build it. Japan has a bundle with a 32 gig card for (what it is expected to cost if it comes here; $250).

[quote name='kart007k']I guess that this will be announced on Wed during SONY press conference.[/QUOTE]

Most likely not. Given past history, Wed will be solely about PS4 and the Vita will get shafted again (like at E3).

[quote name='62t']The six weeks six game thing that is going on right now.[/QUOTE]

I just had to look that up to see what you were talking about...Playstation mobile? Isn't that just cell phone games?

[quote name='maximumzero']I just had to look that up to see what you were talking about...Playstation mobile? Isn't that just cell phone games?[/QUOTE]

You can play them on Vita.

[quote name='rockstarnati']You can play them on Vita.[/QUOTE]

I understand that, but they're cell phone games...I'd rather have some actual games.

[quote name='maximumzero']I understand that, but they're cell phone games...I'd rather have some actual games.[/QUOTE]

They are actual games. Some of them are quit fun.

[quote name='RoMee']Why stop there?
How about a 10 inch 3d screen, 3rd analog stick, motion control, 500gb hdd, and the ability to play ps4 games, all for $99[/QUOTE]

It's already got that feature.

That being said, I can see how it might be a tough sell to price the Vita at $200 and not have memory, especially considering mini-tablets like the Nexus 7 cost that much and have 16 GB of memory. I personally bought the PS Vita around launch and am still pretty happy with it. I bought a 3G model of it, but news of a 4G model won't affect me. I didn't buy it for the 3G per se. I bought it because the Wi-Fi model didn't come with any memory, and as such, the 8 GB card that the 3G model came with subsidized the purchase price over buying a Wi-Fi model and an 8 GB card. So really, I only payed $15 for the GPS and 3G features and if I don't use them NBD, If I do, yipee.

bread's done
Back