Ni No Kuni $50 @ Amazon

[quote name='jodou']ni no kuni

[customspoiler=griffy dlc]
griffy02._v391263153_.jpg
[/customspoiler][/quote]

we can do this!

[quote name='Raymond']Really want to get this for $50 or lower but the god damn taxes turn me off.[/QUOTE]

Yea tax really killed it but the DLC is going for like $20 and more.

[quote name='punkmaggit']I've personally spent close to $400 on this game and it's been worth every penny.[/QUOTE]

IMO you got ripped off if you spent close to $400 on this game

[quote name='punkmaggit']I've personally spent close to $400 on this game and it's been worth every penny.[/QUOTE]

I assume you got the special/collector edition and not the game itself

I haven't played the game yet.. but how big of a deal is this dlc? A significant contribution or nothing I would really miss?

Sounds really tempting, but seeing how I am probably not going to have time to play this for a while I was thinking of getting it from BB and using the 60 day PS return policy to get a price adjustment when it drops.

If you say so.

[quote name='gospelman']I haven't played the game yet.. but how big of a deal is this dlc? A significant contribution or nothing I would really miss?[/QUOTE]

I don't have it myself as I got the Wizard Edition from Namco, but I've heard Griffy is a total beast early in the game just destroying anything. I also heard that later on he will become outclassed by other familiars and isn't quite as great. Take that at face value as I don't have him whatsoever.

You can't get Griffy without this DLC(or save editing but don't do that!) and even when you get the DLC you can't even get him for your army/collection until you beat
The Temple of Trials
which is a few hours into the game anyway.

I would like to get Griffy just for the sake of having him but I'm not willing to pay $20+ for him, even if it includes a copy of the game. I'd rather not have him or hope he makes it as public DLC on PSN for a buck or two.

[quote name='Raymond']Really want to get this for $50 or lower but the god damn taxes turn me off.[/QUOTE]

Nooooooooooooooooo! Since when did amazon tax arizona?? =*( I bought something last month and it had no tax. No tax was the only reason I ever bought from amazon.

[quote name='iphosho']Nooooooooooooooooo! Since when did amazon tax arizona?? =*( I bought something last month and it had no tax. No tax was the only reason I ever bought from amazon.[/QUOTE]

Amazon started charging tax Feb 1st. I feel like my income has dropped 10% because of it since I buy so much from amazon :(

[quote name='gospelman']I haven't played the game yet.. but how big of a deal is this dlc? A significant contribution or nothing I would really miss?[/QUOTE]
It's not available by any other means, ingame or storewise, and is a very powerful familiar from start to finish. Griffy is also unique in that no other familiar uses his skin or looks remotely close to him.

If you don't care about it, you can easily make $20+ off the code on ebay.

[quote name='idd0tt']do they email you the code or is it going to be shipped with the game?[/QUOTE]
Emailed after it ships.

[quote name='idd0tt']do they email you the code or is it going to be shipped with the game?[/QUOTE]

They email the code to you a couple days after it ships.

[quote name='jw430']I assume you got the special/collector edition and not the game itself[/QUOTE]

Collector's edition, a copy from amazon and gamestop for the dlc and steel book, and two copies of the guide.

I finally caved in. I wanted to wait for the game to be cheaper, but the inclusion of the DLC and the fact that it was in my quick picks for the day made me pick it up. $47.49 is almost $40 right? Right??

Thanks OP for pointing out the DLC was still available. It looks like it's one of the more useful pre-order DLC codes for RPGs that I've seen in awhile.

Is this one of those games that has a limited print and is going to go missing, or can I hold out for a lower price? I would like to get the game, but $50 is still a lot of money. I like $20 games. :)

[quote name='roger watersmelon']I finally caved in. I wanted to wait for the game to be cheaper, but the inclusion of the DLC and the fact that it was in my quick picks for the day made me pick it up. $47.49 is almost $40 right? Right??

Thanks OP for pointing out the DLC was still available. It looks like it's one of the more useful pre-order DLC codes for RPGs that I've seen in awhile.[/QUOTE]

Damn you. I noticed that it's in my quick picks also! Made me cave in as well :D

Is this worth $50? Even tho I'm interested, found the demo a bit confusing...

And then, I usually wait for sales so the games to drop to $30-$40.

Insight?

[quote name='danh920']is this code included at best buy as well? I just bought 1 there (online) as I had a $10 rz certificate[/QUOTE]Best Buy got a different exclusive, Flutterby, which pales in comparison to Griffy given forum feedback. Basically Flutterby sucks.
[quote name='MSUHitman']Where in the game can you redeem the familiar tickets? Nowhere in Chapter 1 does it let you.[/QUOTE]You need to complete the trials before you can redeem his ticket.
[quote name='Azuvidexus']Is this worth $50? Even tho I'm interested, found the demo a bit confusing...

And then, I usually wait for sales so the games to drop to $30-$40.

Insight?[/QUOTE]
The demo is awful because no tutorial is given. The actual game eases you into the saddle.

Hm, selling the familiar DLC might make this a bit more manageable for me. Issue is that this is going to go straight into my backlog and probably won't see the light of day for a few months.

[quote name='RedWulf12']Hm, selling the familiar DLC might make this a bit more manageable for me. Issue is that this is going to go straight into my backlog and probably won't see the light of day for a few months.[/QUOTE]
I'm in the same situation. I could always get Ni no Kuni from my library and play it for free, but the JRPG fan in me demands that I own it someday. I'm just thinking whether it'd be on sale at ~$30 when I'd get around to playing it, in which case I can wait.

[quote name='Chemosh013']Damn you. I noticed that it's in my quick picks also! Made me cave in as well :D[/QUOTE]

What kind of voodoo magic is this? It's in mine as well. Been eying this so I'll pull the trigger. Ships in 1-3 weeks though.

How do you know if you will be getting the Griffy dlc? I didn't see anything about it in the title, I had $20 in Amazon GC from the MobileXpression and Media Insiders Android App, with that and no tax for MI residents I walked out of this for $29.99! Only catch is it won't ship until March 6th - 13th....But to save that much I can wait. Just curious about whether or not I would get that DLC...and just for those wondering, google the app names, just for leaving the app running in the background on your phone you can get a $5 Amazon GC once per month per app. I think you can even install it on up to 3 devices and get more!

[quote name='jle7385']How do you know if you will be getting the Griffy dlc? I didn't see anything about it in the title[/QUOTE]

When you check out, it will say you qualified for the promotion up at the top, and it'll say "Griffy Familiar DLC" or something to that effect down under the item in the bottom left.

[quote name='jukkakhan']When you check out, it will say you qualified for the promotion up at the top, and it'll say "Griffy Familiar DLC" or something to that effect down under the item in the bottom left.[/QUOTE]
Thanks---this sealed the deal for me,
it's at the final screen above "place order"
Congratulations! Your purchase qualifies for the Griffy Familiar DLC bonus. You will receive a promotional code via email within two days after your order ships.

[quote name='biggie2123']Amazon started charging tax Feb 1st. I feel like my income has dropped 10% because of it since I buy so much from amazon :([/QUOTE]

Still no taxes in Florida. :cool:

[quote name='sirgalahad']Thanks---this sealed the deal for me,
it's at the final screen above "place order"
Congratulations! Your purchase qualifies for the Griffy Familiar DLC bonus. You will receive a promotional code via email within two days after your order ships.[/QUOTE]

Weird...I ordered from my phone so I guess I didn't notice any message, but I just went back to the site and added another to my card and went to checkout then saw the message, hopefully its not some sort of glitch from ordering on my phone and I still get it..

[quote name='cheeky']Great game. The guide is also back in stock.[/QUOTE]

Thank you very much. Was longing for this :bouncy:

Been in a state with taxes for 2 years after being without for 5. You get used to it, but it stings. Sorry AZ folks, probably opened a new shipping centre out there.

bread's done
Back