Ni No Kuni $50 @ Amazon

• Please log in to reply
145 replies to this topic

#31 Azuvidexus

Azuvidexus

@azuvidexus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:32 PM

Is this worth $50? Even tho I'm interested, found the demo a bit confusing...

And then, I usually wait for sales so the games to drop to $30-$40.

Insight?

#32 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:10 PM

is this code included at best buy as well? I just bought 1 there (online) as I had a $10 rz certificate

Best Buy got a different exclusive, Flutterby, which pales in comparison to Griffy given forum feedback. Basically Flutterby sucks.

Where in the game can you redeem the familiar tickets? Nowhere in Chapter 1 does it let you.

You need to complete the trials before you can redeem his ticket.

Is this worth $50? Even tho I'm interested, found the demo a bit confusing...

And then, I usually wait for sales so the games to drop to $30-$40.

Insight?

The demo is awful because no tutorial is given. The actual game eases you into the saddle.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#33 RedWulf12

RedWulf12

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:10 PM

Hm, selling the familiar DLC might make this a bit more manageable for me. Issue is that this is going to go straight into my backlog and probably won't see the light of day for a few months.

#34 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:15 PM

Hm, selling the familiar DLC might make this a bit more manageable for me. Issue is that this is going to go straight into my backlog and probably won't see the light of day for a few months.

I'm in the same situation. I could always get Ni no Kuni from my library and play it for free, but the JRPG fan in me demands that I own it someday. I'm just thinking whether it'd be on sale at ~$30 when I'd get around to playing it, in which case I can wait.

Shadow of Mordor ( :ps4:) Best Buy Preorder DLC for sale - PM me with offers!

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps4: The Evil Within :ps3: Tales of Xillia 2

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [10/19]:  :vita: Akiba's Trip (4.5/5)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#35 shivan128

shivan128

CAG at heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:16 PM

Picked it up for griffy. Returning my other copy to GS (which i bought at $60 anyway).

edaa9c273976.png

My tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=301364

Currently Playing:  :vita: Dragon Fantasy book 2, :3ds: Azure Striker Gunvolt, :360: N/A, :ps3: N/A, :ps4: Diablo 3, :wiiu: Hyrule Warriors

#36 Curufinwe

Curufinwe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:01 PM

It now says "Usually ships within 1 - 3 weeks."

Curufinwe5503.png? Curufinwe.jpg

#37 jukkakhan

jukkakhan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:13 PM

Damn you. I noticed that it's in my quick picks also! Made me cave in as well :D

What kind of voodoo magic is this? It's in mine as well. Been eying this so I'll pull the trigger. Ships in 1-3 weeks though.

#38 jle7385

jle7385

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:23 PM

How do you know if you will be getting the Griffy dlc? I didn't see anything about it in the title, I had $20 in Amazon GC from the MobileXpression and Media Insiders Android App, with that and no tax for MI residents I walked out of this for $29.99! Only catch is it won't ship until March 6th - 13th....But to save that much I can wait. Just curious about whether or not I would get that DLC...and just for those wondering, google the app names, just for leaving the app running in the background on your phone you can get a $5 Amazon GC once per month per app. I think you can even install it on up to 3 devices and get more!

603171.png

none4johnny.png

#39 jukkakhan

jukkakhan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:27 PM

How do you know if you will be getting the Griffy dlc? I didn't see anything about it in the title

When you check out, it will say you qualified for the promotion up at the top, and it'll say "Griffy Familiar DLC" or something to that effect down under the item in the bottom left.

#40 JaytheGamefan

JaytheGamefan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:28 PM

$50 was a bit higher than I was going to pay for this, but since it's got the DLC, I can just sell that and knock this down to $30.

#41 sirgalahad

sirgalahad

Bastard son of Lancelot

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:54 PM

When you check out, it will say you qualified for the promotion up at the top, and it'll say "Griffy Familiar DLC" or something to that effect down under the item in the bottom left.

Thanks---this sealed the deal for me,
it's at the final screen above "place order"
Congratulations! Your purchase qualifies for the Griffy Familiar DLC bonus. You will receive a promotional code via email within two days after your order ships.

#42 Capitalism HOO

Capitalism HOO

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:19 PM

I ordered on Sunday and got my Griffy code today. Still undecided on whether or not I want to sell it.

#43 TotalHenshin

TotalHenshin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:18 PM

Amazon started charging tax Feb 1st. I feel like my income has dropped 10% because of it since I buy so much from amazon :(

Still no taxes in Florida. 8-)

#44 Azuvidexus

Azuvidexus

@azuvidexus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:25 PM

Still no taxes in Florida. 8-)

Don't jinx!! :-/

#45 jle7385

jle7385

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:32 AM

Thanks---this sealed the deal for me,
it's at the final screen above "place order"
Congratulations! Your purchase qualifies for the Griffy Familiar DLC bonus. You will receive a promotional code via email within two days after your order ships.

Weird...I ordered from my phone so I guess I didn't notice any message, but I just went back to the site and added another to my card and went to checkout then saw the message, hopefully its not some sort of glitch from ordering on my phone and I still get it..

603171.png

none4johnny.png

#46 Tom Jane

Tom Jane

I want my kids back!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:55 AM

Great game. The guide is also back in stock.

Thank you very much. Was longing for this :bouncy:

Been in a state with taxes for 2 years after being without for 5. You get used to it, but it stings. Sorry AZ folks, probably opened a new shipping centre out there.
I just want my kids back!!!

Steam Offers | PSN Gameshare offers | DLC/Code Requests | Trade List | Lowball
Looking to sell Steam games promptly: B-Lands GotY ($7), B-Lands 2 ($10), Tropico 4 ($7.50), Ys Origins ($10); Others
Looking to sell PSN Gameshares promptly: 1) God of War 1, 2, Origins; 2) Darksiders

Will listen to reasonable offers.

#47 chunlirocks

chunlirocks

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:11 AM

Don't jinx!! :-/

Big brother will get you eventually.

Government extortion FTL
:joystick: CERTIFIED GRADE A VIDIOT:joystick:

IN MY CONSOLES - NOW PLAYING:
:ps3: BLAZBLUE and DEMON's SOULS
:360: MUSHIHIMESAMA FUTARI 1. 5
:ps2: EVERBLUE 2
:wii: METROID PRIME TRILOGY
:psp: Field Commander
:xbox: XYANIDE

#48 Zombiekillz9

Zombiekillz9

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:38 AM

i wonder, how long will amazon keep it 49.99........
Posted Image

"The spell is nearly complete! The demon king returns!" - Ghirahim, Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, 2011 :applause:

#49 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:47 AM

i wonder, how long will amazon keep it 49.99........

until Saturday as Amazon matched Best Buy's weekly ad sale.

#50 TimesTicking

TimesTicking

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:00 AM

should I also get the game guide?

#51 smacd101

smacd101

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:38 AM

until Saturday as Amazon matched Best Buy's weekly ad sale.

Remember when Amazon could do their own sales and not just copy other people's? Oh well, in for Griffy. Hope he hits home runs or whatever.

#52 BrolyB593

BrolyB593

I'm Cheap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:50 AM

I wish I had $50.... hahah

#53 matrix9280

matrix9280

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:55 AM

No refunds?

#54 daxam

daxam

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:00 PM

i beat the game. i got griffy from amazon when i pre order through them and yes he is a beast until around the end, the thing that sucks with him is that he maxes out at level 29, you cant go any higher while your other familiars can go to 99.

#55 gepet0

gepet0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:40 PM

Can you use multiple amazon promo credits to puchase a single item?

#56 Azuvidexus

Azuvidexus

@azuvidexus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:42 PM

Hmm, seeing that I'd probably not sell the DLC, I'll probably wait until the game is on sale for around $30-$40...

#57 PetriesLastWord

PetriesLastWord

Reeking of Awesomeness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:54 PM

Hmm, seeing that I'd probably not sell the DLC, I'll probably wait until the game is on sale for around $30-$40...

But by then you may not get the DLC, so there's really no benefit to you waiting.
Posted Image

#58 bandgeek44

bandgeek44

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:32 PM

Hi, if anyone is still interested in the Ni No Kuni strategy guide either for flipping the price on eBay or just wanting to own one Barnes and Noble got a new shipment in last week and quickly went out of sale but they got another batch in a few days ago

http://www.barnesand...80307895981&r=1

And if they're sold out this website also gets new stock every week. I ordered my copy from B&N last saturday and got it today.

http://www.overstock...68/product.html

Overstock is a little more, $28~ with shipping and they'll email you when they get it in stock.

#59 Chemosh013

Chemosh013

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:10 PM

Hi, if anyone is still interested in the Ni No Kuni strategy guide either for flipping the price on eBay or just wanting to own one Barnes and Noble got a new shipment in last week and quickly went out of sale but they got another batch in a few days ago

http://www.barnesand...80307895981&r=1

And if they're sold out this website also gets new stock every week. I ordered my copy from B&N last saturday and got it today.

http://www.overstock...68/product.html

Overstock is a little more, $28~ with shipping and they'll email you when they get it in stock.

It's cheaper on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.co...ords=ni no kuni

ach.png

#60 chickenbutt

chickenbutt

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:25 PM

Ended up buying both the game and guide on Amazon. Been waiting for a price drop, but whatever. Don't really want to wait anymore. Thanks! :)

tumblr_n8m4m92c2R1tyi0d7o1_500.gif       output_U62dcJ.gif