145 replies to this topic

#61 bandgeek44

bandgeek44

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:28 PM

It's cheaper on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.co...ords=ni no kuni

Oh even better :applause: when I last checked Amazon this past Sunday it was $41. For free shipping though you'll spend a little more there.

#62 Shinjiru

Shinjiru

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:52 PM

I decided to pull the trigger on this. I'm really looking forward to checking it out.

#63 jle7385

jle7385

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:10 PM

Can you use multiple amazon promo credits to puchase a single item?

yea, i used 4 - $5 GC codes...

603171.png

none4johnny.png

#64 diazt350

diazt350

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:06 PM

Has anyone's copy shipped yet? I ordered on monday
Posted Image
NNID:deathkwondo35
:3ds:-2964-8582-4635

#65 kitsunisan

kitsunisan

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:35 PM

Has anyone's copy shipped yet? I ordered on monday

Ordered one two days ago, just got shipping notification a minute ago.

#66 diazt350

diazt350

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:42 PM

Ordered one two days ago, just got shipping notification a minute ago.

Just checked and still hasn't shipped but if your shipped already guess mine will ship later today.
Posted Image

#67 TimesTicking

TimesTicking

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:07 PM

damn..... I really want my copy to come before friday so I can play it on the weekend.

#68 henry00x

henry00x

Chosen One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:37 PM

fyi i just sold the griffy dlc for $25 on ebay today

#69 Azuvidexus

Azuvidexus

@azuvidexus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:05 AM

But by then you may not get the DLC, so there's really no benefit to you waiting.

Is the Griffy DLC that good? Again, considering that I'd probably not sell it, so it's something like DLC or wait for it to drop $10 - $15 more than now?

#70 smacd101

smacd101

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:58 AM

Is the Griffy DLC that good? Again, considering that I'd probably not sell it, so it's something like DLC or wait for it to drop $10 - $15 more than now?

But if you wait, you maybe can get it for $25-30 but amazon probably won't be offering Griffey then. Or buy it now for $50, sell the content for $20-25 and you get the game now for that price.

#71 kouleefoh

kouleefoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:19 AM

fyi i just sold the griffy dlc for $25 on ebay today

:applause:.. i used the DLC before checking Ebay. I was kicking myself for not selling it. Let's hope it's a kick ass familiar.

#72 Azazael13

Azazael13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:38 AM

It is a great familiar. At least I am told that, I want one but won't pay that much for it.

#73 Owlmanus

Owlmanus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:39 AM

I just ordered the game off Amazon. Says it's going to take 1-3 Weeks to get here. Anyone do the same?

#74 diazt350

diazt350

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:00 AM

Mine just shipped a while ago thank god, amazon put it was going to take 1-3 weeks to ship.
Posted Image

#75 Owlmanus

Owlmanus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:34 AM

Mine just shipped a while ago thank god, amazon put it was going to take 1-3 weeks to ship.

When did you order yours? Telling me the same.

#76 diazt350

diazt350

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:44 AM

When did you order yours? Telling me the same.

Monday afternoon. Got my shipping confirmation a couple hrs ago.

Now just to wait for the DLC.
Posted Image

#77 buckythekat

buckythekat

dv8 King of Concerns

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:20 AM

It is a great familiar. At least I am told that, I want one but won't pay that much for it.

you could always order a copy and then refuse delivery/return to sender when UPS or USPS delivers it

then you'd have Griffy and get refunded the $50

#78 JetTone

JetTone

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:30 AM

I'm tempted to order just for the Griffy but I must hold out.

#79 jle7385

jle7385

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:24 AM

Monday afternoon. Got my shipping confirmation a couple hrs ago.

Now just to wait for the DLC.

If you don't mind telling, where are you located? I'm in Central Michigan and I ordered on the morning of the 19th and nothing yet. Should be getting it from Gamefly tomorrow at least to get started on it.

603171.png

none4johnny.png

#80 diazt350

diazt350

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:46 AM

If you don't mind telling, where are you located? I'm in Central Michigan and I ordered on the morning of the 19th and nothing yet. Should be getting it from Gamefly tomorrow at least to get started on it.

I'm in LA. I ordered on the 18th. It might take another day for it to ship for you
Posted Image

#81 MrSneis

MrSneis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:41 PM

Just got the shipping delayed email ;(
Virtual Hydlide, Bad Dudes

#82 Pck21

Pck21

Beware the Ides of March

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:21 PM

I caved and grabbed a copy while the DLC is still available. This game wasn't even on my radar, but it looks damn good.
Currently Playing:

Onlive ID: Hand2Gland - Add Me!

Posted ImagePosted Image

Two wrongs don't make a right, I suppose, but three rights make a left and it makes me feel like the goddamn Batman.

#83 Y2Bogus

Y2Bogus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:42 PM

I've owned the game since launch, and while I enjoy it for the most part, it has some serious flaws. First off, if it hasn't been mentioned, the AI on your party members is a special kind of atrocious. You can give them a basic strategy like keep me healed or go all out, but even then, they're little more than cannon fodder.

Second, there are some insane difficulty spikes in the game. You can get to points where you can completely decimate everything in the area you're in, but then you step into the next area and you're dead before you know what happened. It got to the point where I just grinded on some high exp enemies for a couple of hours.

Third, the mechanics of how you raise your familiars is way wonky. When you evolve a familiar, they go back to level 1 in their new form. Also, if you capture the second form of a familiar and raise him alongside one who was raised from the original form and had his level maxed before evolving, the difference in stats is astronomical, making taming these forms utterly useless.

Speaking of levels, familiars don't share a common max level. Some can go to 58, others max at 20. Without a guide, you're lost.

Lastly, the game is too linear. You have very specific a, b, c progression. The sidequests are too short to be considered content, with one real exception that you'll recognize as soon as you get far enough to get it.

If I had it to do over again, this is a game I would buy, but not for more than 30 bucks.
Posted Image

#84 MrSneis

MrSneis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:27 PM

Yeah this shipping delay is making me re-think cancelling the game - at after resale of the DLC cost of about $30 it'll be on the backburner for a while anyways!
Virtual Hydlide, Bad Dudes

#85 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:34 PM

I've owned the game since launch, and while I enjoy it for the most part, it has some serious flaws. First off, if it hasn't been mentioned, the AI on your party members is a special kind of atrocious. You can give them a basic strategy like keep me healed or go all out, but even then, they're little more than cannon fodder.

Second, there are some insane difficulty spikes in the game. You can get to points where you can completely decimate everything in the area you're in, but then you step into the next area and you're dead before you know what happened. It got to the point where I just grinded on some high exp enemies for a couple of hours.

Third, the mechanics of how you raise your familiars is way wonky. When you evolve a familiar, they go back to level 1 in their new form. Also, if you capture the second form of a familiar and raise him alongside one who was raised from the original form and had his level maxed before evolving, the difference in stats is astronomical, making taming these forms utterly useless.

Speaking of levels, familiars don't share a common max level. Some can go to 58, others max at 20. Without a guide, you're lost.

Lastly, the game is too linear. You have very specific a, b, c progression. The sidequests are too short to be considered content, with one real exception that you'll recognize as soon as you get far enough to get it.

If I had it to do over again, this is a game I would buy, but not for more than 30 bucks.

While the AI is absolute shit, I never had extreme difficulty spikes. Yeah some places were tougher than others but I never really felt like the game forced hours of grinding on me.

The quests can be hit or miss, but then again this is a JRPG which most of the ones I played have a very linear nature and really not a deep quest line. If I wanted a free and open RPG experience I would play Skyrim.

Personally I think the game is fantastic besides the obvious AI issue. The level cap for familiars is a bit odd, but it's unique. Is defiantly a contender for my GOTY.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#86 diazt350

diazt350

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:02 AM

Mine just came today I'm guessing Amazon did overnight shipping with mine. I also got my DLC so I can't wait to play it.
Posted Image

#87 wilflare

wilflare

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:22 AM

the DLC is an included code or?

Green Man Gaming: Get both of us $2 Credit by signing an account through my referral link HERE and spend $2! :D
Regional Pricing sucks: if you need help with it, add me on Steam: wilflare :D

#88 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:38 AM

the DLC is an included code or?

Emailed after the game is shipped.

#89 jmarano7836

jmarano7836

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:10 AM

i'm still debating on the game... but just wanted to add that if anyone adds the 23.99 hardcover guide and 49.99 game to your cart, it will reduce the game by $2.00 to $47.99? (worked for me earlier and i'm about to test it again, does anyone know why this is?) It says "Best Value Savings $-2.50"

AZ just got a warehouse in PHX i believe, so now we get tax'd... so it pushes it 70 and change.. can't pull the trigger since my backlog is so long and i'm moving... decisions, decisions...
Rule#2: Double-Tap :twoguns: :twisted:

#90 wilflare

wilflare

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:10 AM

I want Griffy.. but I can't afford the game now. rawr

Green Man Gaming: Get both of us $2 Credit by signing an account through my referral link HERE and spend $2! :D
Regional Pricing sucks: if you need help with it, add me on Steam: wilflare :D