Ni No Kuni $50 @ Amazon

• Please log in to reply
145 replies to this topic

#91 biggie2123

biggie2123

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:22 AM

i'm still debating on the game... but just wanted to add that if anyone adds the 23.99 hardcover guide and 49.99 game to your cart, it will reduce the game by $2.00 to $47.99? (worked for me earlier and i'm about to test it again, does anyone know why this is?) It says "Best Value Savings $-2.50"

AZ just got a warehouse in PHX i believe, so now we get tax'd... so it pushes it 70 and change.. can't pull the trigger since my backlog is so long and i'm moving... decisions, decisions...

There are 4 warehouses in Phoenix actually. They have been here for quite a while.

#92 TimesTicking

TimesTicking

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:23 AM

My item is finally being shipped and it will be here on Monday :(
Why not sooner T.T

#93 RussellC

RussellC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:03 AM

Placed an order a couple hours ago. The earliest ship date was March 7, but it was soon changed to an expected delivery on February 27.

#94 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:28 PM

Oh man, decisions decisions. I really want this game but am still on the fence as to whether it's worth getting a PS3 for since I don't currently own one.

I used to love the classic JRPGs. In more recent years I really haven't care for them at all with very rare exceptions (like Xenoblade) but I do love Ghibli and this really looks like a good JRPG.

I suppose I should see if there's a good deal on a PS3. Not really loving the idea of buying a PS3 when the PS4 was just announced though. :-P

steam_sig.png

#95 Capitalism HOO

Capitalism HOO

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:55 PM

I suppose I should see if there's a good deal on a PS3. Not really loving the idea of buying a PS3 when the PS4 was just announced though. :-P

I struggled with the same thing. I finally gave in with tax money and picked up this and a condition 5 PS3 slim off Cowboom. I needed a Bluray player anyways, so what the hell.

#96 Kaiser499

Kaiser499

Gaming Guru

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:21 PM

Meanwhile, after the whole fiasco with the Wizards Edition from the Namco Bandai store I received my free Strategy Guide from them today since they couldn't fulfill my order for it.

Hir7Lx6.gif

Check Out My Gaming Stream

Kaiser499.png

#97 GreyFoxx2002

GreyFoxx2002

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:09 PM

Bite the bullet on this game...looks too good!

#98 buckythekat

buckythekat

dv8 King of Concerns

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:01 PM

Amazon now says it will be in stock on the 25th

but Griffy is no longer mentioned

#99 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:08 PM

I am seeing this:

Amazon.com griffy familiar Exclusive Bonus Offer
Purchase Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch for Playstation 3 and receive the Amazon.com Exclusive: Griffy Familiar. Use this Hunter of the Skies and its fearsome Phantom Fangs to evolve your griffy into the griffrigerator! The code will be emailed within two days after your order ships. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Limit one per household. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time. Offer will be extended to all existing purchases.

It sounds like that last part might be implying that everybody who got an order in already will get it but going forward they won't?

I can't tell and not having the DLC is kind of a deal breaker for me if I decided to jump on this.

steam_sig.png

#100 diazt350

diazt350

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:09 PM

Oh man, decisions decisions. I really want this game but am still on the fence as to whether it's worth getting a PS3 for since I don't currently own one.

I used to love the classic JRPGs. In more recent years I really haven't care for them at all with very rare exceptions (like Xenoblade) but I do love Ghibli and this really looks like a good JRPG.

If you like streaming your games or downloading your games then wait to get it for the ps4 since it won't be able to play any ps1-3 games.

The game is really great so far I'm really enjoying it.
Posted Image
NNID:deathkwondo35
:3ds:-2964-8582-4635

#101 Matt Young

Matt Young

Follow the buzzards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:11 PM

The DLC is still listed. It just doesn't show up on the mobile version of the site.

#102 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:11 PM

If you like streaming your games or downloading your games then wait to get it for the ps4 since it won't be able to play any ps1-3 games.

The game is really great so far I'm really enjoying it.

I have a kazillion games on Steam so yeah I don't have any problem with digital downloads. I'm a little worried about the lack of availability of some of the DLC familiars, like Griffy, though.

steam_sig.png

#103 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:55 PM

If you like NIS games those are all PS3 exclusive, and 3 more are coming out this summer. The Record of Agarest Wars are all on PS3 also, as is Tales of Graces f & Tales of Xillia coming soon.

Plus there's one of the best JRPG's ever, Valkryia Chronicles. Also I really like Level 5's previous games White Knight Chronicles I/II (buy 2 as it has 1 on the same disk) but opinions on those are mixed. Plus with the exception of Zone of the Enders HD Collection, all of the HD Collections for PS2 era games run better on PS3.

#104 WilliamG

WilliamG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:56 PM

If you like NIS games those are all PS3 exclusive, and 3 more are coming out this summer. The Record of Agarest Wars are all on PS3 also, as is Tales of Graces f & Tales of Xillia coming soon.

Plus there's one of the best JRPG's ever, Valkryia Chronicles. Also I really like Level 5's previous games White Knight Chronicles I/II (buy 2 as it has 1 on the same disk) but opinions on those are mixed. Plus with the exception of Zone of the Enders HD Collection, all of the HD Collections for PS2 era games run better on PS3.

Valkyria Chronicles is a fantastic, awesome game. However, it's most certainly not an RPG.
www.bighugenerd.com

#105 Teeboner

Teeboner

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:28 PM

Griffy is a great familiar. He's been rocking out in my party pretty well so far.

#106 TimesTicking

TimesTicking

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:29 PM

Now this is a huge surprise, I was expecting a delivery on Monday, but I received my game today XD

#107 Teeboner

Teeboner

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:34 PM

i'm still debating on the game... but just wanted to add that if anyone adds the 23.99 hardcover guide and 49.99 game to your cart, it will reduce the game by $2.00 to $47.99? (worked for me earlier and i'm about to test it again, does anyone know why this is?) It says "Best Value Savings $-2.50"

AZ just got a warehouse in PHX i believe, so now we get tax'd... so it pushes it 70 and change.. can't pull the trigger since my backlog is so long and i'm moving... decisions, decisions...

AZ had an Amazon warehouse for awhile. Love how fast my deliveries are. I have prime, but even better most of my stuff comes next day. If I order early enough in the day, I even get them same day.

The tax raise was due to gubmint. They wanted to get taxes from Amazon from all the sales. It started sometime early this month. :( Sucks cause I order so much stuff from Amazon, particularly groceries.

#108 Owlmanus

Owlmanus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 02:46 AM

I purchased the game on Wednesday. Now it's saying it's shipping but I didn't get emailed the Griffy familiar

#109 Abeja

Abeja

CAG with No Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 02:53 AM

Really liking the game alot so far. Not even much of a fan of turn base/JRPGs (although I really liked Radiant Historia), but this one does it right for me. The combat is really fun now knowing you can counterattack and cancel enemies.

Still have a Griffy code. I just dont know if I can pass up $20 for a piece of DLC. It might get sold. I even have the Golden Hurly from the strat guide that goes for about 10. That would make the price of my game and guide total go from about 75 to 45.

#110 jmarano7836

jmarano7836

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 05:39 AM

AZ had an Amazon warehouse for awhile. Love how fast my deliveries are. I have prime, but even better most of my stuff comes next day. If I order early enough in the day, I even get them same day.

The tax raise was due to gubmint. They wanted to get taxes from Amazon from all the sales. It started sometime early this month. :( Sucks cause I order so much stuff from Amazon, particularly groceries.

Thanks for the heads up and for the other person that commented about the 4 warehouses in phx... i know they just started charging tax on feb 1..

OT: pulled the trigger for the guide and game... today was pay day and i figure i'd regret not doing it!!! ummmm 10 points for Griffen-dor?
Rule#2: Double-Tap :twoguns: :
690874.png

#111 MrSneis

MrSneis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 07:07 AM

Got shipping confirm but no DLC code yet... Anyone know how long that takes usually?
Virtual Hydlide, Bad Dudes

#112 dilemna

dilemna

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 07:15 AM

Taxes have really limited my amazon use but i knew they'd do this eventually.

Edited by dilemna, 10 April 2013 - 01:12 PM.

#113 jrr6415sun

jrr6415sun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 11:02 AM

Got shipping confirm but no DLC code yet... Anyone know how long that takes usually?

I purchased the game on Wednesday. Now it's saying it's shipping but I didn't get emailed the Griffy familiar

usually 1-2 days after it is shipped

#114 JCrichton

JCrichton

Posted 23 February 2013 - 02:01 PM

Valkyria Chronicles is a fantastic, awesome game. However, it's most certainly not an RPG.

Right, it's a strategy RPG.

#115 CAGMoose

CAGMoose

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:28 PM

Eh, I didn't much care for it. I didn't play too far into the game though, so maybe it got better as it got further in.

#116 Xtrminatr

Xtrminatr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:51 PM

An Agarest release was announced for this summer?

#117 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:15 AM

So I finally ordered it and when I did the checkout page said I was eligible for the Griffy DLC. Then I just got the email that it has shipped. When is the email for the Griffy DLC supposed to come? I thought it said when it ships but I don't have it.

I noticed some people down in the forum comments on the game page said they never got the DLC and had to contact customer service. How long should I reasonably wait before doing that? How long did it take others to get the Griffy DLC once they got the email that the game shipped?

Thanks.

steam_sig.png

#118 diazt350

diazt350

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:34 AM

So I finally ordered it and when I did the checkout page said I was eligible for the Griffy DLC. Then I just got the email that it has shipped. When is the email for the Griffy DLC supposed to come? I thought it said when it ships but I don't have it.

I noticed some people down in the forum comments on the game page said they never got the DLC and had to contact customer service. How long should I reasonably wait before doing that? How long did it take others to get the Griffy DLC once they got the email that the game shipped?

Thanks.

It's usually 1-2 days after you order it. So if it doesn't come in 3 days after purchase you should contact them.
Posted Image
NNID:deathkwondo35
:3ds:-2964-8582-4635

#119 Matt Young

Matt Young

Follow the buzzards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:47 PM

I have received my copy of the game, but no e-mail regarding the DLC.

155toba.gif2i6pefo.gif675n9f.gifhsl3pl.gif

#120 Pck21

Pck21

Beware the Ides of March

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:50 PM

I'm in the same boat with the DLC as well. I'll wait another day or two before I contact them.
Currently Playing:

Onlive ID: Hand2Gland - Add Me!

Posted ImagePosted Image

Two wrongs don't make a right, I suppose, but three rights make a left and it makes me feel like the goddamn Batman.