n00bie

Grazing for cheap games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:46 AM

They will.

#32 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:26 PM

Got billed $34.99 instead of $29.99 on my Amazon pre-order. Sent them an e-mail to see if I can get the $5 back.

Got that $5 back. Not worried about the Fry's price as I never order from them and don't have any locally. If they match is automatically, great. If not, no worries.

#33 Outlaw1986

Outlaw1986

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 02:52 PM

Thanks, but unless I am missing something, it looks like the only version at that price is the BR version. I need the BR/DVD pack because when I get back overseas in a week, I can watch some episodes on my computer at work (DVD drives in our computers).

Ill try to remember to scan it later but I think only the first run of season one was the blu ray only with the busch head and all the stores have now is the combo back I wont be able to post and let u know for sure tho until 6:00 p.m. central tho.

#34 DerClaw

DerClaw

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:23 PM

Thanks, but unless I am missing something, it looks like the only version at that price is the BR version. I need the BR/DVD pack because when I get back overseas in a week, I can watch some episodes on my computer at work (DVD drives in our computers).

You know I kept thinking "why do they bundle br and dvd, who is that for?" The thought of an older computer, or like a portable dvd player never crossed my mind. Now I understand!

#35 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:25 PM

You know I kept thinking "why do they bundle br and dvd, who is that for?" The thought of an older computer, or like a portable dvd player never crossed my mind. Now I understand!

Also useful for people who loan things to family and friends who don't have BR players. Or who have multiple TVs and some only with DVD etc.

#36 EYEL1NER

EYEL1NER

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:30 PM

I have several tv shows that Came as combo packs and I like it because of the reason I posted. I work 12-hour shifts from 7pm-7am and can burn through a couple episodes there in DVD, then get home and continue watching a couple on BR before going to sleep. I prefer to have Blu Rays over DVD, but if one comes with a DVD copy also, I won't complain.

#37 Crash006

Crash006

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:27 PM

Best Buys seems to have matched this. Stopped to pick it up after work and they had the Lannister and Greyjoy editions for $34.99, but the regular cover edition for $29.99.

#38 Outlaw1986

Outlaw1986

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:37 PM

Ill try to remember to scan it later but I think only the first run of season one was the blu ray only with the busch head and all the stores have now is the combo back I wont be able to post and let u know for sure tho until 6:00 p.m. central tho.

I can confirm it is the combo pack of season one at target for $36.99. Picked up my exclusive target edition of season 2 with the bonus disc. Going to be awhile before I get to it tho. I'm rewatching season one with just 3 episodes left then I'm leaving on vacation and going to wait till I get back to start season 2.

#39 neoz

neoz

I Know Kung Fu

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:04 AM

I can confirm it is the combo pack of season one at target for $36.99. Picked up my exclusive target edition of season 2 with the bonus disc. Going to be awhile before I get to it tho. I'm rewatching season one with just 3 episodes left then I'm leaving on vacation and going to wait till I get back to start season 2.

It is the same with the WM extra disc as well. Same a last year, don't see why they would change it.

#40 EYEL1NER

EYEL1NER

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:25 AM

Thanks. I might make the hour drive to a Target tomorrow.

#41 Outlaw1986

Outlaw1986

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:49 AM

Thanks. I might make the hour drive to a Target tomorrow.

Maybe call and make sure they have it in stock still. My target only had one left at the front of the store and rain check tags for it back in the electronics section.

#42 EYEL1NER

EYEL1NER

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:46 AM

Maybe call and make sure they have it in stock still. My target only had one left at the front of the store and rain check tags for it back in the electronics section.

Nice heads up. That would have been an annoyance if I got there and they were OOS. I think there are two store in the city that I can check.

#43 Masterkyo

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:39 AM

Got BB price match with target with LE cover $29.99 ;)
"Evil is Funs"

#44 Charlie Dynamite

Charlie Dynamite

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:52 AM

Got BB price match with target with LE cover $29.99 ;)

got BB to price match Frys.com price on the Lannister cover ;)

#45 cbulas1

cbulas1

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:14 PM

got BB to price match Frys.com price on the Lannister cover ;)

Man I wish there were Frys stores near me so I could do the same thing!

#46 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:17 PM

Got that $5 back. Not worried about the Fry's price as I never order from them and don't have any locally. If they match is automatically, great. If not, no worries.

Ended up getting another $5. First from e-mailing to request adjustment since they charged $34.95 at shipping when their price had dropped to $29.99 to match Target.

Then got an automated price match guarantee e-mail about the same refund, and sure enough, two $5 refunds on the credit card statement. :D

Fine by me since a lot of people got it for $24.99 by matching the Fry's price mistake that I didn't bother trying for.

#47 Backlash2332x

Backlash2332x

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:47 PM

Man I wish there were Frys stores near me so I could do the same thing!

technically, frys is also an online merchant and BB is price matching reputable online vendors. I work at BB and PM frys every so often.

#48 thebob101

thebob101

Spaceknight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:17 PM

I went ahead and spent the cash on both the LE BB versions and the LE Target versions. I love everything GoT. Everyone always looks at my GoT tattoo and knows I am a freak about it.

Posted Image

I am currently playing the following games-
Xbox 360- Gears of War Judgment

I am currently watching the following shows -
Banshee & Spartacus
I am currently reading -
The Wheel of Time/A Memory of Light- Robert Jordan