Photo
- - - - -

All pre-owned PS2 and PSP games .99 cents at Best Buy!

• Please log in to reply
269 replies to this topic

#241 ShadowAssassin

ShadowAssassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:01 AM

I found a few games at a BB like 60 miles away and when I ordered them, I called CS and they said they would have the store mail it to me.

Well, they were sorta right. The store didn't mail them to me, they shipped from Minnesota, so I'm guessing they came from a BB warehouse since Minnesota is where BB's HQ is I believe. Which would mean "unavailable for shipping" is a crock of BS.

#242 BudzMcGee

BudzMcGee

Clearance Bin Review

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:22 AM

I found a few games at a BB like 60 miles away and when I ordered them, I called CS and they said they would have the store mail it to me.

Well, they were sorta right. The store didn't mail them to me, they shipped from Minnesota, so I'm guessing they came from a BB warehouse since Minnesota is where BB's HQ is I believe. Which would mean "unavailable for shipping" is a crock of BS.

There are like 20 Best Buy stores in the twin cities, so it's equally likely it was just shipped from one store to another.

I went into a store today that I had already been to and they had actually put up a sign just saying that ALL PS2 and PSP games were $0.99, even the new ones. This store had no PSP games before, so I asked what happened and they admitted that they had them all in a tub before and were trying to get them sent back to the warehouse but corporate wouldn't let them but when they slashed the prices they just said "fuck it" and put them all out on a clearance shelf.

My video game site ClearanceBinReview.com - The right game for the right price.
300x156xBacklog-Quest-II-300x156.jpg.pag
Want to write reviews of iPhone and XBLIG's and get FREE games for doing so? We are looking for writers! Go HERE.

Sign up for Shopkick and get free Best Buy and Target gift cards for free! Sign up through here (referral) for 50 bonus kicks!

#243 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:37 AM

Thanks OP!

Got:
:ps2:
Shadow Of The Colossus
Yu-Gi-Oh GX: The Beginning Of Destiny
World World Championship Poker - All In

:psp:
Soul Caliber Broken Destiny(Kratos!:D)
Dynasty Warriors Strikeforce

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#244 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:38 AM

Just out of curiosity, do PS2 games even show up when you try to check online which stores have them? B

#245 ShadowAssassin

ShadowAssassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:47 AM

There are like 20 Best Buy stores in the twin cities, so it's equally likely it was just shipped from one store to another.

I went into a store today that I had already been to and they had actually put up a sign just saying that ALL PS2 and PSP games were $0.99, even the new ones. This store had no PSP games before, so I asked what happened and they admitted that they had them all in a tub before and were trying to get them sent back to the warehouse but corporate wouldn't let them but when they slashed the prices they just said "fuck it" and put them all out on a clearance shelf.

Nah, it wasn't shipped from one store to another, it was just shipped directly to my home. Maybe they had a Minnesota store ship them and not a warehouse, because the order for pickup I placed originally was canceled in favor of this one.

#246 G_F_P

G_F_P

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:49 AM

I was able to get 50 cent Bulletproof, Siphon Filter and Jaws Unleashed Greatest Hits....

Mad Jelly at everyone else's lists, especially people getting Shadow of Collosus...

#247 bappt

bappt

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:53 AM

I hit up two best buys in my area. The first one had 4 Playstation 2 and 2 PSP games left. I bought all but one because it was ringing up at $18 and I wasn't going to make a big deal over a $.99 game. The second one I went to had a copy of Siphon Filter and multiple copies of Tomb Raider Anniversary.

Not the best selection but I ended up with
Prince of Persia (PSP)
Tomb Raider Anniversary
The Force Unleashed
Syphon Filter Dark Mirror
Band Hero
Crazy Taxi

E: The Tomb Raider doesn't even look like it's been touched. It may be a new game marked as used. Also I got 2 siphon filters apparently.

#248 JYabbz

JYabbz

LFT.HVY.TK.MLTI.URDA

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:47 AM

So are new psp games marked as used now?
Posted Image

#249 Monoxide1986

Monoxide1986

Recovering Flipper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:12 AM

So are new psp games marked as used now?

No, not unless it's marked incorrectly. I know this because I've price checked new copies and they ring up typically at 11.99 or higher. I actually just picked up Final Fantasy IV Complete for 11.99 the other day.

#250 Namurashi

Namurashi

I am Galstaff, Sorceror of Light!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:18 AM

I wish there was a way to check a store's stock online. Been to 4 BBs with no luck. :(

#251 Dominick331

Dominick331

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:04 PM

Are these games ringing up in store without a problem? I was thinking of taking a quick trip to BestBuy later today.

#252 xtreme_Zr2

xtreme_Zr2

Mr. Sonny Crockett

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:19 PM

My local BBY had them all marked at .99 cents. All 5 games. I would imagine they'd still ring up at .99 even if they arent marked. So go in with very low expectations and hope for the best.

#253 Dominick331

Dominick331

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 06:47 PM

Went and found a bunch of sports games, Hannah Montana, and a few other horrible games. They weren't marked at $1 but nothing they had was worth asking someone to check.

#254 LLeopardGGecko

LLeopardGGecko

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:07 PM

One of my local Best Buys had a good selection of new PSP games, but when I had the cashier price check them, they were all regular price. Guess I forgot this sale is only for used games.

Anyone think that Best Buy will clearance the new titles soon?

#255 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:24 AM

So I was at Best Buy this afternoon looking for Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus for Vita. I remembered this thread and decided to see if they were ringing up in this store because they had a pretty decent selection of PS2 and PSP games but they weren't marked at $.99. Anyway, everything I brought up rang up at $.99 except Midnight Club LA Remix. At this point I decided to hit the other 3 stores in town because I didn't have anything else going on this evening anyway. Of the total of 4 stores, 3 had some stuff and the last stop had nothing. Here's a list of what I ended up picking up:

Family Guy Video Game
Star Wars Episode 3 Revenge of the Sith
Simpsons Hit & Run
Disgaea 2

Star Wars The Force Unleashed
Pixel Junk Monsters Deluxe
Lord of the Rings Aragorn's Quest
Prince of Persia The Forgotten Sands
Lumines II
Every Extend Extra
Wipeout Pule
Scrabble
Syphon Filter Dark Mirror
Syphon Filter Logan's Shadow
Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Heroes 3

At one store the cashier started ringing up the games, saw they were ringing up at $.99, and started going into the price change function to mark the price up to their marked price. I obviously stopped her and she was still wanting to change the price until I explained to her that those were the same prices on the website. She didn't even verify the website but in all my years of getting unmarked deals through CAG, I've never actually had a cashier try to mark the price up to a higher price because it wasn't marked.

#256 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:26 AM

She's a bright one, yessir.

#257 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:27 AM

One of my local Best Buys had a good selection of new PSP games, but when I had the cashier price check them, they were all regular price. Guess I forgot this sale is only for used games.

Anyone think that Best Buy will clearance the new titles soon?

YMMV, one store near me as a few marked at 25% off.

#258 Kidorangepanda

Kidorangepanda

Arcade PCB Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:56 AM

None of the stores around have had used Ps2 and PSP games for months, so no games for me :/
Sell me your Candy Cabs!

#259 skateraXVIII

skateraXVIII

A Muthaf***ing Bunny

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:34 AM

Managed to hold out for this long as there isn't really anything I'm interested in buying, but I did notice when this deal was first posted that my store nearest me apparently has a copy of Dragon Quest VIII still available. Will probably cave in and go check out what they have left tomorrow.

"Put some hot sauce on my burrito baby!"
adf.jpg

#260 MrGhoster

MrGhoster

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:58 PM

Managed to get a few decent games, but I'm really glad someone mentioned Dragon Quest 8. Looked it up and a store ~40 miles from me had it in stock. Just got back from picking it up along with Assassins's Creed: Bloodlines

#261 TKSJOHN

TKSJOHN

The Dumpster Diver!

• Silenced

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:01 AM

On a side note, I still do not understand why this has always been a 2 star thread?! Thought it was a good post, I guess not...

#262 MR_E

MR_E

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 01:45 AM

On a side note, I still do not understand why this has always been a 2 star thread?! Thought it was a good post, I guess not...

Don't take it personally. A lot of my threads have ended up with low ratings, too... People sometimes rate threads a 1 just because it's not a deal that they're personally interested in (sometimes because it's not a genre of game they're into. Or they don't have the system the deal is for. Or they don't like the store the deal is at or the condition of their used games. Or if they flip 7 things to best buy and use a reward zone coupon they can get the game for 10 cents less and anyone who pays that extra 10 cents is dumb. Etc etc) or because they can't find anything in their area.

#263 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 04:34 AM

It's a good thread. Some people are jealous or trolls.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#264 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 04:48 AM

Thanks OP!

Got:
Shadow Of The Colossus
Yu-Gi-Oh GX: The Beginning Of Destiny
World World Championship Poker - All In

Soul Caliber Broken Destiny(Kratos!:D)

Just noticed I got :ps2:Ratchet & Clank:Up Your Arsenal, too.

#265 Optic_ghost

Optic_ghost

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 05:54 AM

Don't give up on looking for these guys! I was hunting around my area, and pulled a few more in store preorders from the Best Buy site. I also saw more copies of Phantasy Star Portable & Dynasty Warriors: Strikeforce in the wild. So keep looking!

My new pulls include:

Naurto: Ultimate Ninja Heroes 2
Call of Duty: Roads to Victory
MX vs. ATV Reflex
Jeanne D'Arc
Rockband Unplugged
Hot Shots Golf Open Tee

The rest of the games that I pulled earlier include:
Soul Calibur: Broken Destiny
Michael Jackson: The Experience
Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands
Mana Khemia: Student Alliance
Beaterator
Phantasy Star Portable
Untold Legends: Brotherhood of the Blade
The 3rd Birthday
N+
Dynasty Warriors: Strikeforce
Tom Clancy's EndWar
Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Heroes 3

#266 Invicta 61

Invicta 61

Gabagool, Provalone and vinegar peppers

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:21 AM

My local store put the new PSP games on clearance. Unfortunatly none of them are lower than $8.99.
Bah weep granah weep nini bong.

And now I present Kate Upton doing the Cat Daddy:

Spoiler

#267 CatEyes

CatEyes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:27 AM

Well after mulling over this for 2 weeks I decided to go get the Star Ocean for PS2 at the BB three towns over. I saw on the website they had it since day one, and checking last night they still did. I thought it must be pretty scratched up for no one to claim it after this much time, even if just to flip, but for a buck might as well try.

Found out why no one got it - all the games were hidden behind a counter so you had to ask to see them, and furthermore they had all the old prices on them. They really are not promoting this sale. But they had it along with 7 other games, and it's in perfect shape, not a scratch on it. No manual or box, but I'm not complaining. Thanks again OP.

#268 Agentnono24

Agentnono24

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:39 AM

I just checked online and all of the 99 cent games are showing up as available for store pickup everywhere around my area. This happened before but it said the games were unavailable during checkout, however this time i was able to put my order in. I'm hoping for the best but this is probably a mistake and my orders will get cancelled.

#269 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:00 PM

Nothing, but strangely the BBs I went to had new copies of Aragorn's quest.

Batsugunner.png

#270 TKSJOHN

TKSJOHN

The Dumpster Diver!

• Silenced

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:06 PM

Went back to bb today, and I noticed they had the newest syphon filter logans shadow pre owned. I missed it the last time because it had a normal price sticker over the preowned sticker. Pcked up 2 of them, and left one for a CAG (or somebody else!)