Metroid Novel?

SolidSnake86

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
So I've been on a bit of a Metroid kick lately as I just picked up Metroid Other M and Corruption. Right now, I'm playing Other M (and despite all the criticism, I like it). It made me want to go back and get all the other Metroid titles, especially the SNES and GameBoy ones.

Anyway, in my search for Metroid stuff, I came across this on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1105930165/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

It's, apparently, a Metroid novel. I tried to Google it, but found not much of anything -- aside from the two reviews posted on Amazon. Does anyone know anything about this??? Has anyone aside from those two reviewers actually read it?

Yeah, I have to agree blueshinra, the more I try to gather any info on this, it's looking more and more like just a fanfic. Too bad...I'd love an official Metroid novel.

[quote name='Naruto Uzumaki']You do know that metroid was adapted into a manga, right? Circa 2004 around the time zero mission released.

http://metroid.wikia.com/wiki/Metroid:_Volume_1[/QUOTE]

Wow! I didn't know about the manga. I'll need to search around to see if it's been translated. From what I seen in that link, it looks -- and sounds -- awesome.

[quote name='SolidSnake86']Wow! I didn't know about the manga. I'll need to search around to see if it's been translated. From what I seen in that link, it looks -- and sounds -- awesome.[/QUOTE]
Tokyopop licensed it but never released it. There might be fan translations floating around, though.

both of those look pretty cool. Fan fiction can be better than published stories sometimes. There needs to be a new Metroid game or something. Been ages.

[quote name='snakemaster2389']both of those look pretty cool. Fan fiction can be better than published stories sometimes.[/QUOTE]
Yup, though selling the stuff is very controversial amongst fanfic writers.

It can be a chore to find good fanfic, but sometimes it's worth it.

[quote name='snakemaster2389']There needs to be a new Metroid game or something. Been ages.[/QUOTE]
I would love another sub-series like Prime!

[quote name='snakemaster2389']both of those look pretty cool. Fan fiction can be better than published stories sometimes.[/QUOTE]

Considering there's so little Metroid stuff available, I have to be honest, I'm almost tempted to pick it up. The Princess Toadstool one looks pretty interesting too.

bread's done
Back