Gamestop Weekly Ad 2/20/2013

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#31 ThirdFall

ThirdFall

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:31 AM

Sounds good to me, I got 50.00 Gs credit. I'll be picking up DS3, hopefully the used price drops as well.

#32 theking20

theking20

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:35 AM

dead space 3 must have sold bad. on sale so quick is crazy

already got it from gohastings but i hope people jump on this.

wonder if it'll go $20 by next month

#33 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:39 AM

Opened copies can't be returned for a refund.

but my copy is sealed ,LOL

#34 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:39 AM

dead space 3 must have sold bad. on sale so quick is crazy

already got it from gohastings but i hope people jump on this.

wonder if it'll go $20 by next month

it did not sold as well as they expected

#35 bob330i

bob330i

just lookin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:41 AM

I did a return/rebuy no problem @Gamestop when the Mass Effect 3 CE for PS3 dropped to 19.99. But that copy was also sealed.

I feel like a return/rebuy for Ni No Kuni (opened) is going to end in failure but perhaps some clever Cagsmanship can result in what is desired.

Will take two trips or an incredibly cool rep. Buy new, return new with old reciept.

#36 DemonsMaster

DemonsMaster

Jrpg Addicts Anonymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:44 AM

Will take two trips or an incredibly cool rep. Buy new, return new with old reciept.

Yeah will end up doing this most likely. Happy it will be tax free for the 49.99 copy too since I just got some GS credit today.

We can learn as much, if not more, from bad games as we can from good ones.

That's my justification and I'm sticking to it.

#37 thegame85

thegame85

Spicy Curry #30

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:51 AM

Can I still get the copy I bought from BBY price adjusted?

#38 ckehvin

ckehvin

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:56 AM

I absolutely loved Far Cry 3. To me, it was my GOTY. I loved the first one on Xbox. And really didn't care for the second one. I bought it at midnight when it released. And never stopped playing until I beat it. Then I actually went back and did some side quests I missed.

Thanks! I might just pick it up, then! :D

FeaturePoints: Never pay for games again.
Now Playing:
:ps3: Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare, InFamous
:pc: Jamestown, Awesomenauts

#39 GreyFox787

GreyFox787

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:30 AM

Well, looks like a Best Buy price match is in order. And if they still throw the $20 in RZ for pre-ordering my way, it'll be an added bonus...

#40 inky1600

inky1600

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 02:10 AM

Yes, at BB which is also eligible for the $20 RZ cert for GCU members.

Really? I did not know this. I preordered it for the cool steelbook but if I get a $20 RZ cert as well that's awesome!:)

#41 Stellar Inertia

Stellar Inertia

Completionist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 02:38 AM

Still waiting for $30 on Far Cry 3.

You should of gotten it from the amazon gold box event when it was $35 all day. Got it for $37 after taxes and just recently trade it to bestbuy for $35.70. So about a dollar and I got to enjoy the game for nearly a month. It was a great game but not one I care to own since I didn't like the entire series as a whole just Far Cry 3.

512847.png

#42 Wazzup4567

Wazzup4567

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 02:46 AM

Uh.... Looking at the Ad, it looks like there won't be any DLC for the "Walking Dead Survival Instinct" on the Wii U...

Activision is pissing me off. They were doing fine for a while, but now...

#43 Hemi

Hemi

One with the never-ending backlog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:00 AM

Gamestop, not that bad of a weekly ad, nothing spectacular, but still actually games people want? Suprised.

#44 IamPro

IamPro

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:03 AM

Is the Wii U Zombie bundle retail price?

#45 TPerryoo7

TPerryoo7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:21 AM

What are people's thoughts on the Tomb Raider pre-order guide? Worth it to get a pre-order for this game at GS? I was considering doing it at Best Buy to get the dark horse comic and the $20 RZ back.

Not a pre order guide, they are just telling you to pre-order the regular guide for no reason. It will be like 35 bucks or so.

its probably nice, Ill get it for the necklace, But amazon has it for 20 or so.
Posted Image

#46 kylerg

kylerg

CAGalicious!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:31 AM

Darn, I just tried to have DS3 PM'd to Kmart for $40.49. I want my 50 cents. (Not really).
Posted Image

#47 Bleedingwickedly

Bleedingwickedly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:51 AM

Darn, I just tried to have DS3 PM'd to Kmart for $40.49. I want my 50 cents. (Not really).

Kmart does PM?

#48 aircobra

aircobra

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:40 AM

When will the new DMC have a price drop...the price of Dead space 3 also drops faster than DMC...><

Why would we know? :-s

#49 Marauder7

Marauder7

FF14 Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:49 PM

Can we return and.rebuy Ni no kuni or are they going to make it a big deal...

Last time I tried the employee wouldn't let me do a return/rebuy because I already opened the game. So purchased a new copy and returned it with the old receipt.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#50 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:54 PM

Is GameStop the only place offering the Dead Island Steelbook? I plan on buying that game anyway, I will pre-order it there.

If your BB still has them in stock, you can get them there at the time of Pre-Order. You will need to find the steel case on the shelf in the VG section.

I know a couple of my BB still have them.

xivpads.png

#51 GuyManDude

GuyManDude

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:35 PM

I did this with Starhawk last year when it dropped to $30 for a one day sale. I have two GameStops in my city. Bought a second copy for the $30, then went to the other store and returned one with the first receipt.

Easy peasy.

#52 captaincold

captaincold

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:09 AM

Went to a Gamestop tonight and saw that all 0.99 cent PS2 games were marked down to 2 cents each.
Saw games like Gran Turismo 3 and Splashdown for that price.
Just checked their website and it seems they have de-listed most of their 99cent games though but the few that are still their indeed show the new 2 cent price.

Mace Griffin Bounty Hunter
http://www.gamestop....ty-hunter/20478

#53 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:04 AM

someone i know needs some ps2 stuff to keep her busy till she gets her wii u, imma investigate these 2 cent games
Currently playing
:ps3: Shadows of the damned, assassins creed 3
:360: final fantasy 13, gta 4: complete, dishonored
:3ds: nothing
:psp: ps all stars battle royale

Games recently beaten
:psp: assassins creed: liberation (best portible open world game ever dispite problems) :applause:
:360: Kane and lynch 2: dog days (meh game for 5$) :cold:
Games remaining in backlog: 8

#54 TEC

TEC

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:53 AM

Is it just me or was this an incredibly fast price drop on Dead Space 3?

Idk why, because it's an amazing game. I loved every minute of it.

#55 Sistros

Sistros

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:56 AM

$30 for Black Ops 1? Quite the deal...
Posted Image

#56 SaintTardamus

SaintTardamus

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:52 PM

Am I missing something? Why are the treating Giants like a new product? Or was it maybe sold out universally for a bit?

Sent from my HD7 using Board Express

#57 Speschal K

Speschal K

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:59 PM

Last time I tried the employee wouldn't let me do a return/rebuy because I already opened the game. So purchased a new copy and returned it with the old receipt.

This is why best buy does 30-day price matching (or 60 for silver members). Why can't GS catch on to this? What a waste of time for both me as the consumer and the company to go through that charade over 10 dollars. It's why I haven't set foot in a GS in years. I did in-store pick up with Ni No Kuni at BBY and it took a simple call to their 888 number to do a price match/adjustment.

#58 Koopa22

Koopa22

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:33 PM

This is why best buy does 30-day price matching (or 60 for silver members). Why can't GS catch on to this? What a waste of time for both me as the consumer and the company to go through that charade over 10 dollars. It's why I haven't set foot in a GS in years. I did in-store pick up with Ni No Kuni at BBY and it took a simple call to their 888 number to do a price match/adjustment.

This is probably why so many of their stores are closing. They aren't interested in what gamers want. They just want $$$ and are too stupid to change their ways.

#59 IronsideGrunt

IronsideGrunt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:16 PM

Best buy is looking to drop that for both regular and silver members down to 15 days real soon, so yeah heads up

#60 exileinoblivion

exileinoblivion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:14 PM

Does gamestop usually drop their used prices? I was going to use my B2G1 coupon on DS3 and Farcry 3 but the used copies are more than the new.