Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:33 AM

back in stock at bestbuy.com, free shipping

#62 Poorleno

Poorleno

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 02:18 PM

back in stock at bestbuy.com, free shipping

Not available for shipping, at this time at least.
Posted Image

#63 ritchardf

ritchardf

add ritchardf on psn and xbox live

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 05:30 PM

Not available for shipping, at this time at least.

seems to come back in stock in the middle of the night, then sells out quick

#64 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 23 February 2013 - 05:32 PM

Is this game rare?

#65 TrumpetDan

TrumpetDan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 05:45 PM

Is this game rare?

It does seem like Nintendo is not shipping very many to stores. Hard to say whether it's unforseen supply issues, or they're holding back shipments to push the digital sales.

I'm not actively searching, but when I happen to browse the game section, I have yet to see a single copy in any of the local Best Buys, Targets, or Walmarts out here in my area. Same goes for the couple times I've stopped in Gamestop.

#66 adriley313

adriley313

Posted 23 February 2013 - 06:09 PM

Ordered one copy yesterday as I did not want to share a copy.
Got a shipping confirm yesterday a couple hours after I ordered it.
Chose the 2-3 days shipping as I'm moving this weekend.
Now Playing:
:360: Prototype 2
:3ds: Fire Emblem: Awakening

Now Reading: Impulse by Steven Gould

#67 JoePianist

JoePianist

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 06:35 PM

This morning, I finally managed to pick-up an in-store copy at my local Target. Apparently, it was the only copy the had left. I guess I know what I'll be doing this weekend! 8-)

#68 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 23 February 2013 - 07:56 PM

It does seem like Nintendo is not shipping very many to stores. Hard to say whether it's unforseen supply issues, or they're holding back shipments to push the digital sales.

It turns out retailers are being paid by Sony to make 3DS strategy games difficult to find. The deal was Nintendo put out Wii U and 3DS first, so they owe Sony. The harder it is to find Fire Emblem, the more sales of Disgaea 3/LKS (and Vita) they can expect, but Ninty fudged the release date. This is also tied into the coverup of the missing Wii Us in Seattle-Tacoma airport.

#69 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:00 PM

It turns out retailers are being paid by Sony to make 3DS strategy games difficult to find. The deal was Nintendo put out Wii U and 3DS first, so they owe Sony. The harder it is to find Fire Emblem, the more sales of Disgaea 3/LKS (and Vita) they can expect, but Ninty fudged the release date. This is also tied into the coverup of the missing Wii Us in Seattle-Tacoma airport.

LOL, great joke there. It was a joke, right? :lol:

#70 Sgt Barone

Sgt Barone

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:23 PM

Dude whatever you're smoking, I want some.

Here's to a great year of gaming in 2014   :beer:

#71 justme99z

justme99z

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:00 PM

I'm not actively searching, but when I happen to browse the game section, I have yet to see a single copy in any of the local Best Buys, Targets, or Walmarts out here in my area. Same goes for the couple times I've stopped in Gamestop.

According to the Walmart, target, & best buy websites, no stores within 80 miles of me have it in stock...

#72 Sil3ntW4lker

Sil3ntW4lker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:36 PM

Huh looks like it's OOS on Gamestop. Luckily the TRU near my place has FE:A available for pick-up so I placed an order, this wait is killing me.

Edit: They canceled my order, dammit.

Edited by Sil3ntW4lker, 24 February 2013 - 12:37 AM.

#73 TrumpetDan

TrumpetDan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 11:53 PM

Nice, hahaha! :)

Does anyone have a reasonable explanation as to why many of us still can't find a copy of this game on store shelves? I've seen loads of ads in magazines and comic books in recent months, so there's been sufficient marketing, but supply has been extremely slim.

#74 gogeta85

gogeta85

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:20 AM

Nice, hahaha! :)

Does anyone have a reasonable explanation as to why many of us still can't find a copy of this game on store shelves? I've seen loads of ads in magazines and comic books in recent months, so there's been sufficient marketing, but supply has been extremely slim.

it's cause the game is selling like mad...didn't you get the memo,each time it comes in,the game goes out.

#75 TrumpetDan

TrumpetDan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 04:23 AM

it's cause the game is selling like mad...didn't you get the memo,each time it comes in,the game goes out.

Well sure, it's selling like mad, but from what I understand, many stores are getting very small shipments. Where's the supply?

#76 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:41 AM

Question: I have the 3ds system bundle. That came with a shitty DLC copy of the game. 2 questions regarding that

1) if i get an XL later on will i be able to copy the game over to the XL and play it there? I do mean copy, njot delete and transfer

2) If it doesn't.. Will the Marth DLC that i got be able to be d.loaded on the cart version i plan on opening later on to play? I.E. is it tied to my account and usable on a cartridge copy of the game later, or is the DLC locked to whatever cart/digital copy its originally used on? Im wondering if i have to open one of my cart copies now to get the DLC if i plan on using the cart copy later
My massive game collection list: (work in progress, pain in the butt getting it all entered)
\-Clicky Here-\

#77 Kaiser499

Kaiser499

RPG Godfather

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:51 AM

Got my Gamestop copy the other day that I ordered online.

Hir7Lx6.gif

Check Out My Gaming Stream

Kaiser499.png

#78 Poorleno

Poorleno

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 04:43 PM

seems to come back in stock in the middle of the night, then sells out quick

Gotcha, just weary about buying it and then having to wait 3 weeks for it.
Posted Image

#79 kitsunisan

kitsunisan

Posted 24 February 2013 - 04:57 PM

Question: I have the 3ds system bundle. That came with a shitty DLC copy of the game. 2 questions regarding that

1) if i get an XL later on will i be able to copy the game over to the XL and play it there? I do mean copy, njot delete and transfer

2) If it doesn't.. Will the Marth DLC that i got be able to be d.loaded on the cart version i plan on opening later on to play? I.E. is it tied to my account and usable on a cartridge copy of the game later, or is the DLC locked to whatever cart/digital copy its originally used on? Im wondering if i have to open one of my cart copies now to get the DLC if i plan on using the cart copy later

1. I'm not 100% on this, but I do believe you'll transfer the game license to the xl and have to redownload the game.
2. The dlc is tied to your system, which will transfer to whatever system you upgrade to during the system transfer, but you'll have to download it again. I don't see why it would be any different from anything else you buy from the e-shop.

#80 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 05:07 PM

Well sure, it's selling like mad, but from what I understand, many stores are getting very small shipments. Where's the supply?

I don't doubt stores will eventually get more copies but there were quite a few "yahoos" that swore up and down this game would be very easy to find 1-2 weeks after release. Well it has been three weeks since the game launched and it is still very hard to find.

#81 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 05:10 PM

1. no copy, only delete and transfer

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#82 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 05:12 PM

1. no copy, only delete and transfer

i think there is way to transfer saves isnt there
WOOOO I STINK

#83 Kidorangepanda

Kidorangepanda

Arcade PCB Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:56 PM

So I walked into Wal Mart today and they had one copy on the shelf, it had a handmade tag that didn't say what the game was below it and it was in the glass case. Told the clerk I wanted it and she grabbed it for me and rang it up, said it was 39.99 plus tax, I said "The tag hanging below it said 19.99", she walked over and looked and sure enough it was. She had to call a manager over to override it and I walked out with Fire Emblem for 20 bucks. Score.
Sell me your Candy Cabs!

#84 Optical

Optical

Go Big Red

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:58 PM

So I walked into Wal Mart today and they had one copy on the shelf, it had a handmade tag that didn't say what the game was below it and it was in the glass case. Told the clerk I wanted it and she grabbed it for me and rang it up, said it was 39.99 plus tax, I said "The tag hanging below it said 19.99", she walked over and looked and sure enough it was. She had to call a manager over to override it and I walked out with Fire Emblem for 20 bucks. Score.

I have a feeling this thread is going to get a little entertaining....

#85 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:59 PM

I have a feeling this thread is going to get a little entertaining....

How so? The employee should have removed the tag before putting the game on display. It's not like he wrote that tag and put it on their himself.

#86 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:13 PM

You have never worked retail.

#87 animemaniac14

animemaniac14

Do the Monkey w/Me!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:17 PM

most retail stores will honor the price if that's what it's marked at on the tag...those that don't are usually the same douche's that won't let that *out of the system* zeroed-price for Tiger Woods 10 Wii Bundle go for anything less than full retail price.

[DVDs=727] [VGs=434

Free Gift Cards > Sex with a Blueshirt

#88 Kidorangepanda

Kidorangepanda

Arcade PCB Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:31 PM

You have never worked retail.

I do in fact work retail, and if a product rings up for more than the price on the shelf we give the customer the item for free. I was just wanting it for the price on the tag, wasn't my fault that it was a handamde tag for a different game.
Sell me your Candy Cabs!

#89 DesertLeo

DesertLeo

DontReadThis.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:44 PM

I do in fact work retail, and if a product rings up for more than the price on the shelf we give the customer the item for free. I was just wanting it for the price on the tag, wasn't my fault that it was a handamde tag for a different game.

for free? holy shit.

#90 Kidorangepanda

Kidorangepanda

Arcade PCB Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:49 PM

for free? holy shit.

We had a Soniccare electric toothbrush that had a retail of 149.99. It was on sale for the week at 99.99, a lady brought one to the register and it rang at full retail, had to give it to here. Company policy.
Sell me your Candy Cabs!