DVD/Blu Digital / Ultraviolet Code Discussion Thread

If you are selling something, you put it in the trade list - if you are discussing something, it goes here - if you are doing any kind of referrals, it goes in the referral forum.

Does anyone know if the HBO Select digital copy plus UV codes can be redeemed at multiple retailers?

For example, if I redeem the UV and Vudu copy, will I be able to redeem the code on Itunes or Amazon as well.

I have heard mixed responses about this and wanted to know if anyone knew for sure.

[quote name='Cerberus111188']Does anyone know if the HBO Select digital copy plus UV codes can be redeemed at multiple retailers?

For example, if I redeem the UV and Vudu copy, will I be able to redeem the code on Itunes or Amazon as well.

I have heard mixed responses about this and wanted to know if anyone knew for sure.[/QUOTE]

Itunes or Amazon not both

I buy movies on bluray to watch in my living room. For tv shows I buy the sd version on iTunes to watch on the go. Am I the only who does this?

How do I get my Ultraviolet movie. All I have is the code itself. I don't know where to go or how to do it and don't have any accounts. The movie is Cabin in the Woods.

[quote name='J7.']Are there any other options available to download it from?[/QUOTE]

You can enter it on Flixster's website.

[quote name='jgiovanni']Why? Redeem it at the link I gave you and u should have the UV show up in your account.[/QUOTE]

I had just thought that maybe there was a different service that I may prefer over Vudu, but I went ahead and got it from Vudu. Thank you.

Anyone ever redeemed a movie via Flixster and had it disappear from their Vudu library? I contacted them about it, but they told me it was on Flixster's end and would not replace it (despite it being on Flixster's server still just fine).

Talked to cinamanow there responce to the missing money was this

We're are working with this issue, gives us 24 hours and as soon as possible your money will be there once again/

Good luck! I hope they fix the issue as well. However, I have never had a reported issue resolved no matter how many calls, online messaging or emails I had with CinemaNow.

I've had an ongoing issue with my CN purchase of Red Dawn not being UV where most people see it as UV. Today I had a glimmer of hope that it would be resolved because they told me that when they were done the movie would be UV.

Hopefully this problem and all the other CN problems I've read about are caused not by incompetence but by flaky hardware or something out of their control...

EDIT: Also, I recently acquired a code for Metalocalypse S.4 that I redeemed on flixster.com and is nowhere to be found. BTW, does anyone ever NOT get an error page every single time they try to redeem something on flixster.com?

[quote name='Jseiii']So do each of us need to send customer support a note, or have they said lots of people are having problems?[/QUOTE]

I Would sent Customer support but my gut tells me iys a done deal.

It isn't a done deal. I chatted with a CSR last night who said it was an issue they were having that they were working on. She said they've gotten a lot of e-mails/chats/calls and that they are working to correct the issue. I would say everyone needs to contact them to let them know.

Personally that isn't my only issue. I haven't been able to purchase anything for over 2 weeks now. It just stays in my cart and they haven't been able to correct that. Also the website(any images other than the main CN banner) won't even show up in Firefox or Chrome. The funny thing about that is they tell me those 2 browsers are what I should use b/c the site was built for those.

[quote name='heraymo1']Talked to cinamanow there responce to the missing money was this

We're are working with this issue, gives us 24 hours and as soon as possible your money will be there once again/[/QUOTE]

Was wondering if that had happened to a bunch of us. I also called CS, but was not told money would would be back. They said they would escalate and get back - not hopeful.

WARNING: A FEW HOURS AFTER I REPORTED MISSING CREDIT ISSUE, TWO NEW MOVIES SHOWED UP ON MY ACCOUNT THAT I DIDNT ORDER. I TOUGHT MAYBE CS PUT IT THERE, BUT NO.
I WAS HACKED, THEY WERE NOW TAKING THE MONEY OUT OF MY CREDIT CARD (BECAUSE LARGE CREDIT STILL GONE!)

HAS THIS HAPPENED TO ANYBODY ELSE?

[quote name='ruli02']Was wondering if that had happened to a bunch of us. I also called CS, but was not told money would would be back. They said they would escalate and get back - not hopeful.

WARNING: A FEW HOURS AFTER I REPORTED MISSING CREDIT ISSUE, TWO NEW MOVIES SHOWED UP ON MY ACCOUNT THAT I DIDNT ORDER. I TOUGHT MAYBE CS PUT IT THERE, BUT NO.
I WAS HACKED, THEY WERE NOW TAKING THE MONEY OUT OF MY CREDIT CARD (BECAUSE LARGE CREDIT STILL GONE!)

HAS THIS HAPPENED TO ANYBODY ELSE?[/QUOTE]

That's unsettling to think about...is your UV account still linked to your CN account? On www.cinemanow.com you can see that your account is linked to UV but not to what UV account, but as long as both UV and CN show linked I guess you're fine. Also, I would imagine that if you were hacked your password wouldn't work.

[quote name='ruli02']Was wondering if that had happened to a bunch of us. I also called CS, but was not told money would would be back. They said they would escalate and get back - not hopeful.

HAS THIS HAPPENED TO ANYBODY ELSE?[/QUOTE]

To piggyback off CB's post, if you're linked to UV and Flixster, I know Flixster will give you free movies for using their app, linking it to a tablet, etc. Have you done anything like that recently? Or are you actually seeing credit card transactions on your statement?

Last edited by a moderator:
Online chat rep has no clue about my missing credit. ($500+)

Tried to tell me that perhaps I made another account and forgot to check there first. lol.

I was like uhhhhh no... I have one account you moron.

He told me to contact [email protected] for help.

CinemaNow has the most useless support staff. It's like they don't try at all.

I've had a trouble ticket open for their disc to digital telling me to link UV everytime I try to use it, even though my account is linked. Clear cache, change internet settings, change browsers, relink UV, blah blah same stock answers. After two weeks of back and forth with only stock answers they sent me a link to simply download the player as if locating it on their website was my problem.

Now this. The chat support was of course useless with no knowledge of the problem.

[quote name='JoKu']BE THANKFUL they didn't say "It could be the speed of your internet"[/QUOTE]

Wow. I really hope that was a joke and didn't happen to you.

Guy I bought the codes off suggested calling this # 1 (877) 793-7485, I'm also in a chat with support and I told them I was trying to buy a movie, and they are giving me a code for the movie for free, so make sure you ask :)

Nice they gave me the 24$ hd version

I have a codes for Twilight breaking dawn 1/2 on vudu and on itunes. Does anyone want to trade codes? I am looking for eclipse and new moon, or Kung Fu hustle, any shrek, I'm open to anything I don't already have.

Edit: If we are allowed to trade.. Sorry I should have first asked if that's allowed. If not that's fine, I will delete my post. Sorry if I caused any trouble.

EDIT: (thanks, if someone needs to move this post, I wont complain. I couldn't find a trade thread, although that would make things easier for me)

edit again: I only have Twilight part 2 uv and itunes left. =)

[quote name='Taken4life']I have a codes for Twilight breaking dawn 1/2 on vudu and on itunes. Does anyone want to trade codes? I am looking for eclipse and new moon, or Kung Fu hustle, any shrek, I'm open to anything I don't already have.

Edit: If we are allowed to trade.. Sorry I should have first asked if that's allowed. If not that's fine, I will delete my post. Sorry if I caused any trouble.[/QUOTE]

Another thread for trades and sales where it will get more exposure.

[quote name='rdlee']Wow. I really hope that was a joke and didn't happen to you.[/QUOTE]

Not a joke, i'm like a Cinemanow master. I've dealt with them many of times for every odd problem they throw at you. I come out with something usually. Dealing with them is really hard, they will never want to believe the problem is them. Example, buying a movie that says its "UV", but NOT UV after you purchase. Aliens Directors Cut is like this on their website. In fact if you investigate the HD on their website isn't while the SD version IS! You can only find this little trick out when they are IN the cart. You this happens you can usually see it right after it happens, first thing they ask you is what player do you use. No matter what you say they will tell you they are experience certain issues with that player sometimes and that you should reset and try again. If you say yes they will say reset internet. If you say you use PS3, they'll most likey say "Have you tried restarting your computer", i know that seems odd.

"What system do you use"
-PC
"What Brand?"
-Custom Built
"Sometimes certain computers experience video issues"
-The problem is that the movie isn't UV when it says it is.
"Have you tried restarting your computer?"
"Do you use wireless?"
"It can be your internet speed that is effecting the issue"

They'll give you generated answers to the simplest stuff to,
-It charged me twice
"What player do you use to play your movies on?, that could be the issue."

UPDATE:

Just checked my account i had $0.80, that is gone, no surprise. What i do find unusual is that i have a new "Device" listed under my account!

The device name is: "XE.674868323153"

I still all the same devices as usual on mine.

Only thing missing is the near $600 credit.

Damn, CinemaNow outsources so when you call the jokers have no clue.

CinemaNow support is crap. At least I used most my credit and only had like 60 left that I was going to buy stuff in the store with. I couldn't though cause past two-three weeks stuff just sat in my cart. Contacted them and was told it was a known issue. I was able to do a bunch of disc to digitals though. I called and tried their chat support over the past couple weeks. Calling was bad so second time tried chat support and after they told me they were looking into something they took over 30 minutes to say anything back and told me to reboot my computer. I was like ummm all 4 of them that it does it on and the xbox?

I'm not the least optimistic concerning the depleted store credits. I was told I would be contacted in 24 hours or less regarding the issue - that was yesterday at 4 PM (MST). Like some of the other users have already mentioned, I've not once been successful in resolving a CN problem via customer support. I think we might be out of luck.

Oh well... it was good while it lasted I suppose.

What also sucks is you can't see your purchases online either, so no way to check in history what my balance had been :(

[quote name='CamelGod']To piggyback off CB's post, if you're linked to UV and Flixster, I know Flixster will give you free movies for using their app, linking it to a tablet, etc. Have you done anything like that recently? Or are you actually seeing credit card transactions on your statement?[/QUOTE]

Actually, somebody ordered two movies on my account and the reason I found out was when I got the emails showing they had charged my account. CN said they were going to reverse the charge, but also took the movies away.

They better damn fix this soon.

I can't imagine a company has no tracking info on how much a person has in credit on their account.

This is what they just told me lol
Okay, and I do you the record of you contacting us before. For some reason they were under the impression that this had been resolved this afternoon. Clearly it hasn't. So, what I'm going to need to do is escalate this to our technical team to take a look into your account and see what might be going on with this and get it corrected for you.

fucking morans this will never get fixed

Here is an older post I have on Bestbuy rating purchase of Cinemanow card and nothing has changed -

I have placed many calls and had many instant chats trying to fix issues. Not one issue has been resolved. I have sent screen shots of issues so they can see problems. They have emailed and closed trouble tickets saying problem was resolved as soon as phone call ended with no resolution. I have had a movie charged to my account by a rep while he was viewing the issue. Many times when you instant chat you wait forever and then you get disconnected from rep. I have been promised escalation of issues but do not hear back nor is issue resolved. Some titles show as UV and after you purchase the UV logo will disappear so you can not view on other ultraviolet sites. I have tried to purchase one specific movie on 4 different days and it just spins and comes back to same page without completing purchase. Most all devices that I link say no movies in my library after linking them to my account. The reps ask for not only your log in user name but your password as well. The Cinemanow login info is in most cases your Best Buy online login/password as well. This raises security concerns to me. They should be able to view and help with issues without knowing your password.

bread's done
Back