Free Game with Select PS3/X360 accessory purchase @ Newegg

Gah that sucks, id like a DS3 with a free Silent hill haha. Or a Wireless headset with a free BFG. Sucks you can't mix and match.

[quote name='ashtonreeves']should I buy these?

Xbox 360 Wireless Controller
Silent Hill Downpour
Total = $33.99
[/QUOTE]

Only if you plan to trade in SH to cut the cost of the controller. The game blew IMO.

[quote name='sicsonic']Does that Xbox controller come with the USB dongle, anyone know?[/QUOTE]

Assuming no since it is under the 360 category and not pc.

Why do the Sony headsets have a USB adapter? I thought they were bluetooth?? I don't want to have to use one of the only 2 available ports on the console.

[quote name='TPerryoo7']Gah that sucks, id like a DS3 with a free Silent hill haha. Or a Wireless headset with a free BFG. Sucks you can't mix and match.[/QUOTE]
Agreed. I'd be all over that headset, but I already own Doom 3 BFG. :(

I would like a PS3 BluRay remote but I have zero interest in SingStar.

I, too, wish we could mix and match. I'd love to get the remote with a copy of Doom 3 on Xbox.

[quote name='Brash_Attack']I would like a PS3 BluRay remote but I have zero interest in SingStar.

I, too, wish we could mix and match. I'd love to get the remote with a copy of Doom 3 on Xbox.[/QUOTE]

you want a free $30 game on $20 purchase and the game is on the opposing system?:lol:

[quote name='MPoWeRM3']you want a free $30 game on $20 purchase and the game is on the opposing system?:lol:[/QUOTE]

If that happened I would jump on this deal in a heartbeat. Would pickup a Xbox controller for my son and then either Dead or Alive 5, or Lollipop Chainsaw for the PS3.

[quote name='MPoWeRM3']you want a free $30 game on $20 purchase and the game is on the opposing system?:lol:[/QUOTE]

A guy can dream. I didn't even really realize Doom 3 was still $30. I pegged that game as one that would rapidly drop in price.

[quote name='Brash_Attack']A guy can dream. I didn't even really realize Doom 3 was still $30. I pegged that game as one that would rapidly drop in price.[/QUOTE]
The Doom 3 content by itself is fantastic, truely an underappriciated game. But considering that it comes with Doom and Doom 2 I'm surprised it didn't sit at $40 longer. I guess not many others appriciate id's classics the way I do :cry:

I'm still hoping against all hope that they'll give Quake similiar treatment. At the very least I'd love to get Quake IV on PS3.

Last edited:
[quote name='rcerboss']The Doom 3 content by itself is fantastic, truely an underappriciated game. But considering that it comes with Doom and Doom 2 I'm surprised it didn't sit at $40 longer. I guess not many others appriciate id's classics the way I do :cry:

I'm still hoping against all hope that they'll give Quake similiar treatment. At the very least I'd love to get Quake IV on PS3.[/QUOTE]

I'm with you on that. I just feel like HD remakes never do too well on discs with the exception of HD collections on the PS3.

I'm not seeing the free game with the Xbox controller - even when it is in my cart.

Edit: Never mind - they fixed it.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='zeldaking']I'm not seeing the free game with the Xbox controller - even when it is in my cart.

Edit: Never mind - they fixed it.[/QUOTE]

Not seeing it myself, anyone else still getting the deal?

Lollipop was on my buy it at $10 for the backlog price, which makes the controller $35. Pretty good. Never see DS3 for sale at $30 or less, and if you did it's highly YMMV sale/clearance that my stores never have.

I think it's a good deal if you don't have / never played Lollipop, thanks OP.

Brought the controller + Lollipop chainshaw. game should cost around $10-15 after selling the controller, which is not a bad deal for a new copy of the game.

[quote name='crunchewy']Why do the Sony headsets have a USB adapter? I thought they were bluetooth?? I don't want to have to use one of the only 2 available ports on the console.[/QUOTE]

You need to plug in the adapter to one of the ports on the PS3 or computer if you want to use the headset. If you ever lose the USB thing or it gets broken, you will not be able to use the headset anymore, and as far as I know, every headset is paired with its own USB, which means that you can't buy another USB on eBay or other place, and Sony won't replace it either. This applies to the first Wireless Stereo Headset from Sony, I'm not sure if the new ones, the pulse ones, also need a usb connected to the playstation though.

[quote name='Ashlee']You need to plug in the adapter to one of the ports on the PS3 or computer if you want to use the headset. If you ever lose the USB thing or it gets broken, you will not be able to use the headset anymore, and as far as I know, every headset is paired with its own USB, which means that you can't buy another USB on eBay or other place, and Sony won't replace it either. This applies to the first Wireless Stereo Headset from Sony, I'm not sure if the new ones, the pulse ones, also need a usb connected to the playstation though.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the warning, I had no idea the USB's were irreplaceable. Pretty lame.

[quote name='finesthours']Not seeing it myself, anyone else still getting the deal?[/QUOTE]

Nope, not seeing the free game listed on the page. Might want to chat with customer service to see if they can do anything about it.

My DS3 broke (bad trigger and bulging battery), so WTH, in for a decent-priced DS3 + Lollipop Chainsaw.

bread's done
Back