Free $10 Newegg Gift Card after buying McAfee

[quote name='addicted2games']Who the hell pays for virus protection? (even with the rebate) Free Avast FTW![/QUOTE]

How is Avast?

[quote name='bg2001']What part of "free after rebate" don't you people understand?[/QUOTE]

I think it's the part where a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

[quote name='mrclutch']How is Avast?[/QUOTE]

I have had no problems with it at all. It has caught a few things before my computer downloaded it (real time shields), so thats a plus. It updates daily automatically (the woman's voice announcing the update sometimes scares the shit out of me as my volume is sometimes turned up and I dont expect the announcement, lol) and it has cloud protection services, which I dont really use. There is a paid version, but the free one is good enough for me (has saved me a few times before a virus could do any harm to my computer) Now, no protection is 100% effective, but Avast is recommended by me and is also used by all my buddies at work.

Yeah - I wouldn't ever put that Sludge program on my computer.

That and Nortons takes waaaaaaaaay too much memory or processing power and hurts performance.

Besides, they suck. Lol

[quote name='StryderOmega']Yeah - I wouldn't ever put that Sludge program on my computer.

That and Nortons takes waaaaaaaaay too much memory or processing power and hurts performance.

Besides, they suck. Lol[/QUOTE]

I really don't understand this. I have Norton on my computer and it barely takes up any resources. Maybe for lower end computers it does this, but seriously, memory is so cheap there's not many excuses as to why a shortage of memory should EVER be a bottleneck on your computer (except maybe laptops where you're kinda stuck with what you get).

Either way, this seems like a lot of effort just to get $10, but if you're in need of virus protection anyways, probably not the worst deal.

[quote name='PDJ']I really don't understand this. I have Norton on my computer and it barely takes up any resources. Maybe for lower end computers it does this, but seriously, memory is so cheap there's not many excuses as to why a shortage of memory should EVER be a bottleneck on your computer (except maybe laptops where you're kinda stuck with what you get).

Either way, this seems like a lot of effort just to get $10, but if you're in need of virus protection anyways, probably not the worst deal.[/QUOTE]

You would have more resources available if you used another program, such as AVAST!, and have much better security.

[quote name='addicted2games'] it updates daily automatically (the woman's voice announcing the update sometimes scares the shit out of me as my volume is sometimes turned up and i dont expect the announcement, lol) [/quote]

avast virus database has been updated....i'm sure your neighbors are glad to know this, too!

[quote name='StryderOmega']You would have more resources available if you used another program, such as AVAST!, and have much better security.[/QUOTE]

What happened to the love for AVG?

Microsoft Security Essentials is 100% free forever, completely secure, and contains zero bloatware. AVG and AVAST are decent alternatives if, for some reason, you hate Microsoft software.

Was wondering where my thread went. Sorry about the title, got the newegg email in the morning and was running late so I didn't have time to make a better title.

P.S. Thanks to the mod who added the mcafee part.

bread's done
Back