- - - - -

FTL: Faster Than Light $4.99 - PC, Mac

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Sgt Barone

Sgt Barone

Posted 19 February 2013 - 02:59 PM

http://www.ftlgame.com/

Cross-platform, DRM free, redeemable on Steam. Amazing game.

Thanks for the tip Cheapy!

Here's to a great year of gaming in 2014   :beer:

#2 phishhead220

phishhead220

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:00 PM

I picked it up on Steam. Heard it was a good, but challenging game. Can't argue with the price.

#3 Sgt Barone

Sgt Barone

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:45 PM

I picked it up on Steam. Heard it was a good, but challenging game. Can't argue with the price.

Me either. I picked it up for full price and still don't mind that I payed that. It's a great game.

Here's to a great year of gaming in 2014   :beer:

#4 XIGRIMxREAPERIX

XIGRIMxREAPERIX

Insomniac

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:33 PM

Its been 5$ a couple times now. Its a great game and a challenging one at that. The game it self takes only a couple hours to get to the end however I guarantee you will spend countless more b/c You will not beat it your first time through...
Posted Image

#5 Dalerax

Dalerax

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:14 PM

Just played this game for the first time and I'm very, very bad at it. However, I see the appeal, especially with multiple playthroughs and learning new things every time you die. For instance, I was sailing through my second playthrough until I was boarded by enemy pirates. I immediately sent my crew at them to attack, and my whole crew was wiped out. I realized afterwards that I probably could've just opened the doors and drained the oxygen from the room they were invading...

#6 gentlyporking

gentlyporking

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:31 PM

Just played this game for the first time and I'm very, very bad at it. However, I see the appeal, especially with multiple playthroughs and learning new things every time you die. For instance, I was sailing through my second playthrough until I was boarded by enemy pirates. I immediately sent my crew at them to attack, and my whole crew was wiped out. I realized afterwards that I probably could've just opened the doors and drained the oxygen from the room they were invading...

Stick with it, and don't feel bad about setting the difficulty to "easy."

Even on that setting it took me over 24 in-game hours and multiple, multiple attempts to beat it once. Still have not beaten it on "normal."

#7 akathatoneguy

akathatoneguy

Use your turn signal

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:16 AM

Just wanted to throw out there that this is a great game. Even if it seems like the genre might not appeal to you, give it a shot for $5. I did a few months back after reading a ton of praise for it in a CAG thread, and I'm so glad I did. Definitely in my top ten of 2012.
Check out my MMA editorials at Fightmania, or my gaming blog.

#8 Izod

Izod

CheepLikeASpoder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:37 AM

Got this from a steam sale and just started a week ago - I am horrible on Easy...

#9 Spuratis

Spuratis

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:54 AM

Easy might as well be called Normal or hard for that matter, lol. I bought this game last november and played it for about a month straight, easily one of the best games to come out in 2012. I'm not normally a fan of space-type games but this is a must have if you're a strategy fan. This game is worth more than the original price let alone the sale price.

The music in this game is really good too..

#10 dopa345

dopa345

All around nice guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:05 AM

This game rules. Get it now!

#11 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:16 AM

Great game, bought it a couple of months ago from the site last time it was on sale.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#12 twiceborn

twiceborn

SAY WHAT?!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:02 AM

Great sale on one of my favorite games ever. Buy it sumbitches so they'll make a sequel.

"When I die, I want to go just like my grandpa, peacefully and in my sleep,... not kicking and screaming like all of his passengers."

Joker "It seems he finally took the stick out of his a#*, but now he wants to beat people to death with it."