shinyloot drm-free sale indie games indie games tactical strategy rpg

• Please log in to reply
450 replies to this topic

#1 shinyloot

shinyloot

ShinyLoot Representative

• Retailer Representative

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:05 PM

Today our 101 Days of Summer Daily Deals has begun. For those interested in the mechanics of the sale:

• Every day at midnight (CST) we will launch a new round of deals, up to 6 on Mon - Thu and up to 12 on Fri - Sun.
  • Prices will all be at, around, or below previous lows
  • This sale will run until September 7
  • Participating games will sometimes be repeated and sometimes not

I'll try to post updates here on which games are on sale, but I know I won't make it every day. With 24 hours to act it might be too late by the time you see it anyway, so I would suggest keeping an eye on the deal page.

Edited by shinyloot, 30 May 2014 - 03:57 PM.
Updating Deals

#2 MrshllJcb

MrshllJcb

Drinkin High Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:08 PM

Welcome to CAG, nothing for me today but always good to have more options for PC games

#3 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:44 PM

Do you offer any linux games?

#4 seamoss

seamoss

CAGadversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:56 PM

Do you offer any linux games?

I looked for Linux games too: around the middle of the page it's got a bunch of tabs, the righmost being "Filtered Search". Click on it and select "Linux" for Operating System and then click Search. There's about 17 right now, but most are a bit too expensive for me - I guess I'll wait for a sale.

#5 shinyloot

shinyloot

ShinyLoot Representative

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:52 PM

We do support Linux. As seamoss pointed out you can search for Linux only titles, but the library is relatively small right now. We're targeting to have closer to 40+ once we transition from beta to public launch.

#6 shinyloot

shinyloot

ShinyLoot Representative

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:46 PM

I removed our expired deals and updated our deals list to the current offers. I'll be around today for feedback or questions.

#7 DaiMonPaul

DaiMonPaul

On the Fringe

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:09 AM

Looks cool! I like the idea of the site -- it reminds me a bit of a Pandora-style approach brought from music to gaming.

A question -- if we buy a game on the site, do we get to download the setup .exe directly (like GOG.com), or is there a downloader/some form of account-based DRM on it (a la GamersGate)?

#8 shinyloot

shinyloot

ShinyLoot Representative

Posted 23 February 2013 - 06:30 AM

Looks cool! I like the idea of the site -- it reminds me a bit of a Pandora-style approach brought from music to gaming.

A question -- if we buy a game on the site, do we get to download the setup .exe directly (like GOG.com), or is there a downloader/some form of account-based DRM on it (a la GamersGate)?

It's more like buying from GOG than from GamersGate. We don't add any of our own DRM so when you buy something from Shiny Loot it's basically straight from the developer. Every game is either a setup .exe or a zip file that doesn't require any installation, just unpackaging.

We do allow developers one time serial key validations so you may be asked for a key on setup or when you first run the game but that would be the extent of the DRM.

#9 dark_inchworm

dark_inchworm

Oyasuminasai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 06:47 AM

I already have them courtesy of GOG, but I would highly recommend both Septerra Core and the Gobliiins trilogy at two and a half bucks a pop.

Looking to sell codes for The Gunstringer and Fruit Ninja Kinect, together or separately. Message me with your offer.

Stream KMFDM's new album KUNST in its entirety here!

#10 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:31 AM

Just registered an account. What is your policy on patches/game updates?

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

LeCuPXZ.jpgUUVGik1.jpgDEjnR1E.jpg

CEh38V2.jpgKxJkMdH.jpgJtnnbZt.jpg

#11 shinyloot

shinyloot

ShinyLoot Representative

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:30 PM

Currently the way patches work is they are added to the list of files you can download for the specific game. So if update 2.01 comes out for a game you'll see that patch in addition to the game file available in your account.

In the next few weeks we'll add a system to alert you via email when a new patch/update is available (assuming you opt in to email alerts).

#12 shinyloot

shinyloot

ShinyLoot Representative

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:11 PM

We are starting up a new sale to run simultaneously with Austin's SXSW conference. I'll respond to this thread to update you all with the new games as they become available and keep a master list available in the first post.

Today we are selling Chronicles of a Dark Lord: Episode One for 60% off - $4.95 marked down to $1.98. It will be on sale now through 3/17.

If there's any questions I can answer or any way of making this easier just let me know.

#13 shinyloot

shinyloot

ShinyLoot Representative

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:07 PM

Just added DeadEnd: Cerebral Vortex for 50% off. It's $6.95 marked down to $3.45.

#14 shinyloot

shinyloot

ShinyLoot Representative

Posted 10 March 2013 - 04:55 PM

Grotesque Tactics, sequel, and spin-off all 75% off until 3/17:

Grotesque Tactics - 75% off - $9.99 marked down to $2.49
Grotesque Tactics 2 - 75% off - $9.99 marked down to $2.49
Holy Avatar vs Maidens of the Dead - 75% off - $19.99 marked down to $4.99

#15 shinyloot

shinyloot

ShinyLoot Representative

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:40 PM

SpaceChem added for 75% off - $9.99 marked down to $2.49 and available for PC/Mac/Linux.

#16 basis

basis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:16 PM

i've been trying to create an account (using Chrome browser, haven't tested with any other browser) and it keeps reporting "Word Verification is incorrect".

am I doing something wrong? I've tried changing the Username & the length & complexity of the password as well but no success.

#17 wilflare

wilflare

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:41 PM

sweeet! SpaceChem is awesome stuff! :D

Green Man Gaming: Get both of us $2 Credit by signing an account through my referral link HERE and spend $2! :D
Amazon Prime for Students: Sign up HERE

#18 headpiece747

headpiece747

I'm always angry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:07 AM

Holy Avatar vs Maidens of the Dead looks like it would be right up my alley. I suck at RPGs but like them and this seems it doesn't take its self too serious and not too difficult. Any opinions?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#19 shinyloot

shinyloot

ShinyLoot Representative

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:27 PM

i've been trying to create an account (using Chrome browser, haven't tested with any other browser) and it keeps reporting "Word Verification is incorrect".

am I doing something wrong? I've tried changing the Username & the length & complexity of the password as well but no success.

That's strange, and I haven't heard about that happening before. If you are sure you are entering the captcha correctly and still having this problem I can create your account for you with a temporary password. Just PM me the username and email you would like to use.

In the mean time we'll look into what might be causing the issue.

#20 shinyloot

shinyloot

ShinyLoot Representative

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:32 PM

Holy Avatar vs Maidens of the Dead looks like it would be right up my alley. I suck at RPGs but like them and this seems it doesn't take its self too serious and not too difficult. Any opinions?

Grotesque Tactics is a very similar style, as Holy Avatar is a spin-off of that series. Holy Avatar is a recent US release so you might try Grotesque Tactics reviews to see if it's the right game for you.

In general though they are all light-hearted tactics RPGs. Perhaps start with GT1 at the cheaper $2.49 and if you like it you can always buy Holy Avatar later since the sale runs another several days.

#21 shinyloot

shinyloot

ShinyLoot Representative

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:39 PM

Bridge It added today for 75% off - $19.99 marked down to $4.99.

#22 shinyloot

shinyloot

ShinyLoot Representative

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:32 PM

Included in today's deals are all of the titles from Noble Master Games:

Age of Conquest III - $19.99 marked down to $9.99
Tropical Stormfront - $9.99 marked down to $4.99
Desert Stormfront - $9.99 marked down to $4.99

#23 shinyloot

shinyloot

ShinyLoot Representative

Posted 15 March 2013 - 06:29 PM

Day 7 and Day 8 games:

Zombie Football Carnage - 50% off - $1.99
Creeper World - 75% off - $2.49
Creeper World 2: Redemption - 75% off - $2.49
Creeper World Bundle - 75% off - $3.74

Zombie Football Carnage is a football themed beat 'em up and Creeper World is a tower defense type game. Again, all sales are ongoing.

#24 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 06:57 PM

Hmmm, I thought I had Zombie Football Carnage from a bundle or cheap sale somewhere but I can't find it. Anybody have recs on Creeperworld? Looks interesting. That Holy Avatar game looks interesting too.

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#25 seamoss

seamoss

CAGadversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 07:05 PM

Hmmm, I thought I had Zombie Football Carnage from a bundle or cheap sale somewhere but I can't find it.

GG IndieFort?

#26 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 07:08 PM

Hmmm, I thought I had Zombie Football Carnage from a bundle or cheap sale somewhere but I can't find it. Anybody have recs on Creeperworld? Looks interesting. That Holy Avatar game looks interesting too.

I believe indievania has 3 of milkstone studios games including zombie football carnage for 1.00

#27 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 07:09 PM

GG IndieFort?

Yeah, that's where I checked first, but I didn't see it in my account. If it was in the Indiefort where you chose like 3, 6, or 9 games I might have passed and gone for games with a higher MSRP.

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#28 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 07:13 PM

I believe indievania has 3 of milkstone studios games including zombie football carnage for 1.00

They do! Just found it, thanks for the heads up. Not to think about the Creeper World bundle.

#29 shinyloot

shinyloot

ShinyLoot Representative

Posted 16 March 2013 - 05:03 PM

Day 9 brings us:

Hinterland - 75% off - $2.49

#30 shinyloot

shinyloot

ShinyLoot Representative

Posted 17 March 2013 - 07:12 AM

It's the last day so I'm posting this deal early so anyone interested gets a crack at it.

Day 10 is: Edna & Harvey: Harvey's New Eyes for 75% off for a grand total of $4.99.

Again, all previous days' sales are still running through the end of tomorrow so you have about 24 hours on any games where you've been on the fence the past week.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: shinyloot, drm-free, sale, indie, games, indie games, tactical, strategy, rpg