GameFly Weekly PC Sale: LEGO LotR $7.49, Sleeping Dogs $10

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
:pc: GameFly Weekly PC Sale

2/18 - 2/21
Batman: Arkham City GOTY - $10.20 (GFWL)
Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY - $6.79 (GFWL)
Lord of The Rings: War in the North - $6.79 (Steam)
FEAR 3 - $6.79 (Steam)
FEAR - $3.40 (GameFly)
FEAR 2: Project Origin - $5.10 (GFWL)

2/19 - 2/21
Sleeping Dogs - $9.99 (Steam)
XCOM: Enemy Unknown - $24.99 (Steam)
Call of Duty: Black Ops II - $49.99 (Steam)

2/22 - 2/24
Lego: Lord of the Rings - $7.49 (Steam)
Lego: Batman - $4.99 (GameFly)
Lego: Batman 2 DC Heroes - $7.49 (GameFly)
Lego Harry Potter 1-4 - $4.99 (GameFly)
Lego Harry Potter 5-7 - $4.99 (GameFly)

:pc: GameFly Weekly PC Sale

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MysterD']Sleeping Dogs (PC) is awesome and easily worth $10.[/QUOTE]

Agreed! I just finished the PC copy, and I keep going back to it for more. I have to get the rest of the collectibles etc.

It probably won't be too much longer until Lego LOTR and Sleeping Dogs go on sale for $5 or less.

[quote name='bshirk']It probably won't be too much longer until Lego LOTR and Sleeping Dogs go on sale for $5 or less.[/QUOTE]

What about SD's DLCs?
When those going on sale DIRT-CHEAP? ;)

[quote name='MysterD']What about SD's DLCs?
When those going on sale DIRT-CHEAP? ;)[/QUOTE]

when another steam glitch happens again.

I definitely recommend Sleeping Dogs if you've enjoyed any kind of sandbox game in the past. I loved Saints Row: The Third and played the heck out of it on the 360. When I got SR on the PC from the THQ bundle, my PC didn't handle it too well. Surprisingly, my PC actually runs Sleeping Dogs fairly decently at higher settings. Couldn't tell you why, but it's icing on the cake for this fantastic game that I'm finally getting the chance to play.

[quote name='MysterD']What about SD's DLCs?
When those going on sale DIRT-CHEAP? ;)[/QUOTE]

There was a 75% off sale on Steam a little while ago. I bought it all.

I will probably buy LEGO LotR.

I'm getting tons of microstuttering with my GTX 670 in the Sleeping Dogs demo, it is unplayable. Only way to stop it is for me to set it as windowed mode. Don't know if I should go for it.

[quote name='ral1121']I'm getting tons of microstuttering with my GTX 670 in the Sleeping Dogs demo, it is unplayable. Only way to stop it is for me to set it as windowed mode. Don't know if I should go for it.[/QUOTE]

I don't know how old the demo is, but the game has been patched a few times and performance has improved since launch.

[quote name='MysterD']Sleeping Dogs (PC) is awesome and easily worth $10.[/QUOTE]
How is it with KB/M? I don't have a controller.

why do the games that require STEAM need to be downloaded through GFs interface?
I bought LOTR War in the North and Sleeping Dogs, but now I have to DL and install some GF client? Why not just give me a STEAM code like Amazon and everyone else?

Bizarre...

[quote name='Corpekata']You generally don't have to. It's in your account info somewhere, it's just obnoxiously hidden.[/QUOTE]

thanks, I will do some digging around

[quote name='Dev518']If your PC can run it and you don't already own it you NEED to buy Sleeping Dogs.[/QUOTE]

Last time I asked about this and other CAGs told me the PC version is very buggy?

[quote name='TooPoor']Last time I asked about this and other CAGs told me the PC version is very buggy?[/QUOTE]

If you are asking about Sleeping Dogs? I didn't find any bugs in the PC version. Played through it on a laptop with integrated graphics. No issues at all.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']If you are asking about Sleeping Dogs? I didn't find any bugs in the PC version. Played through it on a laptop with integrated graphics. No issues at all.[/QUOTE]
Hmm, thanks, I definitely have the hardware to run it on ultra high, but just was put off by some statements saying it's buggier than console versions.

Thanks for the info.

[quote name='TooPoor']Hmm, thanks, I definitely have the hardware to run it on ultra high, but just was put off by some statements saying it's buggier than console versions.

Thanks for the info.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, with PCs it's always YMMV, but most people I heard played this didn't run into any issues. Definitely recommend it on whatever system though since it's a pretty awesome game IMO.

[quote name='CheapyD']Wow, LEGO LotR is awesome. As usual, PC version is the best.
It's worth it just for the music![/QUOTE]

Does it support the 360 pad with no issues? Looking to play this from the couch.

[quote name='ral1121']I'm getting tons of microstuttering with my GTX 670 in the Sleeping Dogs demo, it is unplayable. Only way to stop it is for me to set it as windowed mode. Don't know if I should go for it.[/QUOTE]

Granted that you don't have a defective card, you should be fine. A GTX 670 will get you far in terms of performance, my GTX 650 can handle the game at high settings (1080p) fluidly.

Looks like the game is made to play with the 360 controller, so I picked it up. For those wondering, you get the steam key in the order email they send you. There's no need to download the client.

Too bad Lego Batman 2 isn't on steam. I would have picked that up as well.

Damn I missed Sleeping Dogs, I just got new Laptop Thurs night. Oh Well I will keep eyes open now, so many great deals on PC how can consoles compete?

bread's done
Back