Photo
- - - - -

Ebay Global Shipping Program

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 J7.

J7.

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:08 AM

Is Ebay's Global Shipping Program worth using? Have you sold anything through it? The shipping fees the GSP charges look ridiculous.

I joined and I was concerned of whether or not the GSP would automatically unblock eligible international countries so they could bid on the item and still block international sales from ineligible countries.

When I talked to Ebay they said it does not block ineligible countries automatically so they had me go in and unblock every eligible country, but now when I list items that I don't use with GSP it looks like it's still allowing those international (eligible) countries to bid on items I don't want to sell internationally.

#2 YoshiFan1

YoshiFan1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:01 AM

I was considering it but couldn't really find any information about it that was detailed since Ebay's info page didn't explain as much as I wanted to know.

It sounds interesting since I haven't shipped out of the US in years because it wasn't worth it to me to deal with the risk of items getting lost and I hated the idea of having to fill out customs form and then wait in line at the Post Office (since I don't wait in line now using Paypal shipping).

If you have to manually unblock the countries for items in the program and it then reblock them for items you don't want to sell internationally, it sounds like it could be very time consuming. If I was going to try it, my plan was to only allow items that work worldwide like anytime I go to sell a DS game and wasn't going to use it for any console games I might list since I can see that leading to problems where buyers don't read the description and then get annoyed the game they bought won't work in their country unless they can play US games on their console or have a US console.

#3 J7.

J7.

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:46 AM

Tonight they told me that if I don't select GSP on the item then it will not allow the countries that are not blocked to bid on the item, but then later the same person told me I would still have to block the countries even if I don't select GSP so that they don't bid and expect me to personally ship it out. They keep telling me opposite things. I hate ebay.

#4 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:49 AM

Yeah I got an invite thing for the program and was interested but the terms were like trying to read tax forms and I couldn't find where it just told me how much the shit costs. Gotta keep it much more simple than that for me ebay. I need some Idiocracy level speak when it comes to that crap or I just lose interest.

#5 J7.

J7.

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:00 AM

If anyone figures out how the program handles blocking/allowing eligible/ineligible countries in regards to them bidding when you don't allow Global Shipping Program on an item please let me know.