GS TIV/Promos: OLD THREAD, NEW ONE LISTED IN FIRST & LAST POST

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3635 replies to this topic

#781 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:49 PM

I want to be sure I am reading the promo right. The trade 3 get $10 extra promo reads like for every 3 games you trade you will get the $10 so I should be able to bring in 6 games and get $20? I really want to just do this in one trade instead of having to go across the street to trade 3 other games.

#782 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:54 PM

I want to be sure I am reading the promo right. The trade 3 get $10 extra promo reads like for every 3 games you trade you will get the $10 so I should be able to bring in 6 games and get $20? I really want to just do this in one trade instead of having to go across the street to trade 3 other games.

You have gamestops across the street from one another?

#783 johnnymavrik

johnnymavrik

The Evil Genius

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:01 PM

Yes.

If not, there is nothing stopping you from trading in 3 games at a time at the same store.

From my experiences, most of the employees there want you to maximize your credit. Or at least, in my experiences it has always been that way. I'm sure someone else has stories...

;)

#784 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:15 PM

Yep there is one in a strip mall and then one in an actual Mall across the street. There is also a BBY. It was my triangle of trade for a long time.

There was one area by me that had 4 of them within a 1/2 mile. 2 in strip malls across from each other and 2 in the actual mall. They closed down 2 of them recently.

#785 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:19 PM

The trade in value for older XBox 360s appears to be effectively $12 before bonus now.

I traded in a 360 Arcade Model, and the guy took off a $28 refurb fee. I explained that the system both looks and functions perfectly, and he said that the manager has a blanket policy to deduct the $28 fee for all XBoxs except the new black model, because even if it doesn't have the RROD now, it probably will. This policy is asinine, if they don't trust any of the older models, why not just make the credit $12 to start with?

I called Gamestop's customer service number on their website a few minutes ago and spoke to Brian, and rather than helping me or realizing how stupid this is, he confirmed that this is their corporate policy. He said they can't list every XBox SKU in their system, so they just put everything under the $40 value, and deduct $28 for the older systems.

This is not true. 360's only have a refurb fee added if they red ring/error code, won't read discs, etc. Try to go to another store if you can or call corporate again.

#786 DemonsMaster

DemonsMaster

Jrpg Addicts Anonymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:26 PM

I've been in several malls where there was 2 Gamestops. This is due usually to one of the Gamestops being a former EB Games. It makes trading multiple copies of a game very easy.

We can learn as much, if not more, from bad games as we can from good ones.

That's my justification and I'm sticking to it.

#787 jgressley

jgressley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:31 PM

Yep there is one in a strip mall and then one in an actual Mall across the street. There is also a BBY. It was my triangle of trade for a long time.

There was one area by me that had 4 of them within a 1/2 mile. 2 in strip malls across from each other and 2 in the actual mall. They closed down 2 of them recently.

Sounds like this is a great Mentoring situation for CAGs... ;)

#788 n00bie

n00bie

Grazing for cheap games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:45 PM

My area was like that. Two in the mall, and two more within a half mile. Now one of he mall ones closed, but there's still the three left. Plus another five stores within a ten mile radius.

#789 wpress

wpress

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:17 PM

I'll probably have enough credit after the 50% and getting through the backlog to get a 3DS XL without paying out of pocket....but I'm trying to hold off for some kind of sale- has GS had a good sale price/bundle on the XL yet?

485872.png

PS3 Resells Available:

Injustice - Urban Trial Freestyle -  PM if interested!

#790 coolrust

coolrust

Kupalizm Mode

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:40 PM

I don't know if anyone saw this yet, but why end the values with .34? And now it says up to that value.

http://www.ebgames.com/trade-values

that's with the trade 3 for extra $10. also noticed that they raised the tiv on 3ds xl which can get $75 before bonus.

#791 inkcil

inkcil

I went from "Ashy to Thrifty"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:32 PM

On 3/3:

Base TIV for Metal Gear Rising (PS3) - $22

#792 the Gooseler

the Gooseler

Damon Baird

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:16 PM

I'll probably have enough credit after the 50% and getting through the backlog to get a 3DS XL without paying out of pocket....

50% bonus ended yesterday. :cry:
New deals is get an extra $10 if you trade in 3 games.

#793 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:46 PM

3/4

:ps3:

CoD4:MW1 $3

:360:

Call of Juarez: The Cartel $4.50
Spec Ops:The Line $8
Dead to Rights:Retribution $3
Resident Evil:ORC $3
Halo 3 $3
FF13 $2.50
Forza 3 $2

Found out that a $2 game would not trigger the $10 promo. He tried on 2 different registers with a couple combos of games. So I guess it needs to be $2.25?

#794 Mikey115

Mikey115

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:11 AM

Sound a lot like my area lol u don't happen to be talkin about northridge, ca do u lol?

#795 Dranakin

Dranakin

Member Since Oct 2003

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:12 AM

Vita: Disgaea 3 - $17 base

Dickwad clerk kept giving me shit for not renewing my PUR account.

#796 renique46

renique46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:21 AM

3/4

CoD4:MW1 $3

Call of Juarez: The Cartel $4.50
Spec Ops:The Line $8
Dead to Rights:Retribution $3
Resident Evil:ORC $3
Halo 3 $3
FF13 $2.50
Forza 3 $2

Found out that a $2 game would not trigger the $10 promo. He tried on 2 different registers with a couple combos of games. So I guess it needs to be $2.25?

wtf? i hope they dont pull that bullshit again

#797 Crizume

Crizume

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:41 AM

Yea I had a stack of 15 games and the 4 $2 games would not trigger the promotion. I walked away. Called corporate and after some "investigation" and calling the store seems the value has to be $2.01 for the promotion to be activated.

Edited by soccerboy09, 05 March 2013 - 01:52 AM.

#798 kulaguy

kulaguy

3rd St. Saints!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:44 AM

A little bit late but better than nothing.

2/27/13 TIV Values
Assassin's Creed III - 18
Disney's Epic Mickey 2 - 15
Amazing Spiderman - 15
Bioshock - 7
Alice Madness Returns - 10

Bioshock - 5

HDMI Cable - 2.50

#799 N64FanBoy

N64FanBoy

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:09 AM

This is not true. 360's only have a refurb fee added if they red ring/error code, won't read discs, etc. Try to go to another store if you can or call corporate again.

Since I had the policy confirmed by corporate over the phone, I decided to write out a complaint in my survey response. I will post again if anyone bothers to respond.

#800 ToddTheRavanger

ToddTheRavanger

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:52 AM

Anyone know if the 3 for $10 works with hardware and console accesories?

#801 Vinyl

Vinyl

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:55 AM

The offer says $10 more for every 3 games you trade in so I'm pretty sure its a no.

#802 chuckie88

chuckie88

Molder of Minds

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:56 AM

Every other time I've seen this deal it has just involved games.
Also, as others have noted they must have a TIV at or above $2.01.
-Trying to think of something creative.-

#803 BrandonJ33

BrandonJ33

Alex Anderson

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 03:26 AM

They need to either fix the promo to include $2.00 games or change the wording.

"Games with a trade value less than $2.00 are excluded from offer." $2.00 games should be eligible if that's the language they're using (I realize it's not ringing up that way).

#804 200STM

200STM

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:40 AM

Is there a limit of how many copies of the same game we can trade in? I think its two, today one employee was being kinda a meanie pants she was asking me where I got two copies of sims 3 and I told her my older brother bought them to me as gifts (I was employee of the month!) and she said she can only do one copy because her manager told her they can't accept the same game twice. I was cool but she kept asking me questions on how my brother got two copies of the same game I ended up saying sometimes people buy two of the same gifts like itune gift cards or even two 10$ bills. I am quite a nice person but today one person pushed buttons that didnt need to.

#805 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:41 AM

Is there a limit of how many copies of the same game we can trade in? I think its two, today one employee was being kinda a meanie pants she was asking me where I got two copies of sims 3 and I told her my older brother bought them to me as gifts (I was employee of the month!) and she said she can only do one copy because her manager told her they can't accept the same game twice. I was cool but she kept asking me questions on how my brother got two copies of the same game I ended saying sometimes people buy me two of the same gifts like itune gift cards or even two 20$ bills. I am quite a nice person but today one female pushed buttons that didnt need to.

Its 1 per system.

#806 anarch

anarch

And all that could have been...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:46 AM

3/4/13 Base Values
:ps3: Infamous 1 - $3.00
:ps3: Infamous 2 - $5.00
:ps3: Uncharted 1 - $2.50
:ps3: Uncharted 2 - $2.50
:wii: Okami - $5.00
:360: Vanquish - $3.50

#807 200STM

200STM

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:55 AM

Its 1 per system.

awesome I have gain knowledge!

#808 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:55 AM

If you lost your Receipt, can Gamestop pull it up? I want to return Disgaea that i bought used on friday since its going to be free this month.

Selling GRAND THEFT AUTO 5 (GTA V): Collectors Edition Pack DLC Card - Playstation PS3 for $75 OBO. Paypal, Amazon or Gamestop.

Selling the other GTA V collectors edition items as well including steel book (no game).

Deader2818.png

#809 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:57 AM

If you lost your Receipt, can Gamestop pull it up? I want to return Disgaea that i bought used on friday since its going to be free this month.

I am not sure. PUR does track your purchases so if you go to the same store maybe you will be able to do it by pulling up you PUR account?

#810 jojojonny

jojojonny

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:02 AM

Is there a limit of how many copies of the same game we can trade in?

It depends on the employee that you're trading in to. I had no problem trading in 3 copies of Sims 3 to two different locations.