• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3635 replies to this topic

#121 omargm

omargm

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:35 PM

:360: Tiger Woods 13 - $10
:360: Hitman Blood Money -$8 (No need for it since I bought the HD Trilogy)
:ps3: Sonic Generations - $10

Total after 60 percent was 44.80 - good start on my quest to pay nothing out of pocket for my PS4.

good luck, im doing the same thing and i already have $482.61 total in credit!... now, i have to wait until christmas xD... one quick question to anybody that can answer, every time i use my credit to get games at gamestop, they never charge tax, so my question is, if i use my credit to buy the new ps4 will they charge tax? or they wont?... i can save near $50 if they dont, so please if anybody know please, letme know... thanks!!!
Solo Quiero - Omar Garibay (Aztlan Cloud) Listen on Soundcloud.com

#122 johnston306

johnston306

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:38 PM

good luck, im doing the same thing and i already have $482.61 total in credit!... now, i have to wait until christmas xD... one quick question to anybody that can answer, every time i use my credit to get game at gamestop, thet never charge tax, so my question is, if i use my credit to buy the new ps4 will they charge tax? o they wont?... i can save near $50 if they dont, so please if anybody know please, letme know... thanks!!!

I must have bad luck, every time I buy something there (only after trading in) I am charged tax.

#123 johnnymavrik

johnnymavrik

The Evil Genius

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:40 PM

I think the tax issue is addressed in the FAQ on the first page (depends on the state was the answer, if I recall).

edit..Per the FAQ:

What states charge sales tax on purchases paid in full with credit and which ones don't?

Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alabama, Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Florida, Hawaii, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, Nevada, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, West Virginia

Does Not Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Delaware, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, South Carolina, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming

#124 TheCollegeGamer

TheCollegeGamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:41 PM

Makes me less likely to make the trip, going in blind, and I can't be the only one who hates talking on the phone? And then you have gas prices, and I'm not keeping stuff in car or my person just in case I drive by one enroute to somewhere else. I think if they openly advertised trade values they might also counteract all the negativity about how they pay really low prices/rip people off, AND actually get people into the store.

That's fine, but I would suggest that, by the very fact of us being on this website and posting on these forums that we are removed from the large majority of Gamestop customers. Like when I go in I know what I'm getting and if I'm trading I have a good idea of what promos are happening and how much I'm getting. A lot of people probably don't, I imagine, even know about running promos before going in the store. Don't know if I've been to a GS in years to just browse.

#125 dorkyden

dorkyden

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:43 PM

Makes me less likely to make the trip, going in blind, and I can't be the only one who hates talking on the phone? And then you have gas prices, and I'm not keeping stuff in car or my person just in case I drive by one enroute to somewhere else. I think if they openly advertised trade values they might also counteract all the negativity about how they pay really low prices/rip people off, AND actually get people into the store.

well we are CAG. most people, esp parents, kids, etc who dont know any better or too lazy to do comparing shopping all they want is just some $ off the new games they will buy at MSRP they dont really care too much about getting the most out of their trade.

Join Perk and make easy Amazon credit 

Join Swagbucks and get up to $5 Amazon credit every 9 days! 

#126 omargm

omargm

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:47 PM

I think the tax issue is addressed in the FAQ on the first page (depends on the state was the answer, if I recall).

edit..Per the FAQ:

What states charge sales tax on purchases paid in full with credit and which ones don't?

Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alabama, Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Florida, Hawaii, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, Nevada, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, West Virginia

Does Not Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Delaware, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, South Carolina, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming

i live in new york, awesome!... thank you so much my friend! :bow:... that means that i wont pay tax if i use my credit to buy the ps4... i will make this possible! :whee:
Solo Quiero - Omar Garibay (Aztlan Cloud) Listen on Soundcloud.com

#127 SmokeMaxX

SmokeMaxX

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Some base values for you guys-
:360: Street Fighter X Tekken - $4
:360: Dance Central 1 - $4
:360: Dance Central 2 - $11
:wii: Rhythm Heaven - $3

Dance Central 1 is better at Best Buy. So is Rhythm Heaven. Dance Central 2 is better at Gamestop. SFxT is the same at both I think. Out of all those, I'd say the only one worth trading in is DC2.

#128 The Buffmuffin

The Buffmuffin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Any idea what a 160 gb PS3 slim would trade for?

#129 Corgstradamus

Corgstradamus

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:59 PM

Any idea what a 160 gb PS3 slim would trade for?

If you are trading it in toward the PS4 I would wait for a promo to pop up. Sorry I don't know the price, but I assume gamestop will have a Get an extra % or $ towards the purchase of a PS4 when trading in a PS3.

#130 The Buffmuffin

The Buffmuffin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:01 PM

If you are trading it in toward the PS4 I would wait for a promo to pop up. Sorry I don't know the price, but I assume gamestop will have a Get an extra % or $ towards the purchase of a PS4 when trading in a PS3.

Yeah think it'd be better to wait?

#131 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:06 PM

Anyone know if there is a limitation on the # of the same game you can trade in?

Obviously, not trading them all at once..but I'm assuming they keep track and flag accounts that trade in..say 5 copies of Sims3 over a week or so period?

;)

So...you like Sims 3 that much? lol

#132 TheCollegeGamer

TheCollegeGamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:14 PM

Going to be tough to bank on that if stock ends up being limited. I doubt with the PS4 and the Xbox 8 that we'll see a repeat of the WiiU's plentiful launch.

#133 johnnymavrik

johnnymavrik

The Evil Genius

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:14 PM

So...you like Sims 3 that much? lol

Just doing my part to protect other potential buyers from the horror of that game.

#134 Corgstradamus

Corgstradamus

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:24 PM

It may be a gamble but I would get a price now, if you are satisfied with it take it, however, gamestop is known for doing promos when new consoles come out. They did it with the 3ds, 3ds XL, and Vita. I mean I don't think if you traded it in now instead of later you are going to lose a significant amount of money and vice versa, if you waited you may not gain a significant amount, but if you aren't desperate to trade it in may want to wait and see. I don't think the price will drop dramatically. I would also like to see how other Cags feel about this too.

#135 Mikey115

Mikey115

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:50 PM

Not sure if this is the right thread for this queston but can anyone tell me in which order ifany these couponswould stack...I have a 20 percent off birthday coupon and a 10 dollar off used game. Can they be used together and if so which order would the be applied. On a 20 dollar game for example would I pay 8 bucks ($10 off first) or 6 bucks (20 percent off first)...thanks!

#136 gospelman

gospelman

Irreducibly Complex

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:03 PM

:360: Resident Evil 6 dropped to $10 base as of 2/21.

My Trade List Tomb Raider :360: download ($6)   :ps4: Infamous SS LE DLC ($4)

#137 panda911

panda911

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:38 PM

From today:
Nike + Kinect training 18(!!)

#138 io

io

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:44 PM

No Epic Mickey 2 quotes from today? ;)

anybody notice their value (after 50%) for radiant dawn on the wii?

It's $26 which i thought was alot, but then lo and behold i checked amazon/ebay.

I can't believe that game is going for $45+ used and near 70 for brand new.

That's insane to me a game like that would hold that much value. I'm glad I held onto it.

You always want to check the value of first-party (or second-party) Nintendo games before trading them. I think they tend to have low print runs. But hell, even other random older games can spike up in value. Check out the prices for King King on the 360 (especially new). At one point that was bargain bin fodder worth a few bucks at most.

Anyone know if there is a limitation on the # of the same game you can trade in?

Obviously, not trading them all at once..but I'm assuming they keep track and flag accounts that trade in..say 5 copies of Sims3 over a week or so period?

There never has been in the past. But they keep track of stuff more and more now with that PUR account, so who knows going forward. In my younger days I traded more than 5 copies of a few games under a single Edge account and never had an issue. I think GS is a little more reasonable about that sort of thing (than, say, Best Buy). If they offer a price for something, then that is what they think it is worth. The more they get, the more they can sell. If too many get traded in, the price drops. As long as you get them legitimately, then I don't think they have a problem with it.

#139 Vap

Vap

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:56 PM

edit..Per the FAQ:

I'm in Fl and I never get charged sales tax when using credit.

#140 Turk February

Turk February

Formerly Carlos Danger. Formerly TurkFebruary.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:07 AM

Traded in the following, all PS3:

Far Cry 3- $20
Black Ops 2- $22
Mass Effect Trilogy- $20
Sleeping Dogs- $13
Ni No Kuni- $22
Dragon's Dogma- $17
DmC: Devil May Cry- $22

After extra 50% bonus, turned all this into around $218 and thus, a new Vita

treadmill-50cent-o.gif

Selling: Murdered; Soul Suspect digital strategy map (PS4) A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas (UV from blu-ray)

Want: Paypal

TurkFebruary2010.png

#141 jmnook

jmnook

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:53 AM

PS3:

Ni No Kuni - $22
Rayman Origins $6
Max Payne 3 - $10

360:

Dead Space - $10

3DS:

Ocarina of Time - $16

DS:

Super Mario 64 - $12

#142 Vap

Vap

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:23 AM

All for the 360
Dragons dogma $17
Silent hill downpour $7
Anarchy Reigns $7
Crysis 2 $6
Sims 3 $7
Prototype 2 $6
Skate 3 $8

#143 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:24 AM

For PS3

Borderlands 2 17$
White Knight Chronicles 2 5$

Snagged a used copy of Metal Gear Rising to play for a few days, so I aint complaining
Posted ImagePosted Image

#144 Geco17

Geco17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:26 AM

No Epic Mickey 2 quotes from today? ;)

:wii:
Epic Flippy 2 ;) $15

:360:
Darksiders II $15
Borderlands GOTY $8

:ps3:
Darksiders II $15

:ds:
Pokemon Black 2 $14
Pokemon White 2 $11
Posted Image

#145 nhlducks35

nhlducks35

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:34 AM

For 3DS

Kid Icarus - $10
Super Mario 3D Land - $16

For Xbox 360
Ghost Recon Future Soldier - $7

#146 sninh

sninh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:48 AM

:wii:
Epic Flippy 2 ;) $15

:360:
Darksiders II $15
Borderlands GOTY $8

:ps3:
Darksiders II $15

:ds:
Pokemon Black 2 $14
Pokemon White 2 $11

hold one more day, one more day!

#147 IamPro

IamPro

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:59 AM

What about an Xbox 360 250GB Slim?

#148 hoofrog

hoofrog

Game Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:12 AM

I estimated $343 for my haul, but employee told me $297. I accepted and looked over the reciept. He missed two games on my list. I made him go line by line and compare to my stack of games just to make sure he did not miss anymore.

Here is what I got: base (promo)

Wii U
Scribblenauts Unlimited - $20 ($32)

3DS
LEGO Star Wars III Clone Wars - $5 ($8)
Super Mario Land 3D - $16 ($25.60)
Ghost Recon Shadow Wars - $3 ($4.80)
Steel Diver - $1 ($1.60)
Nintendogs + Cats Labrador - $6 ($9.60)
New Super Mario Bros. 2 - $18 ($28.80)
Mario Kart 7 - $16 ($25.60)

DS:
Big Bang Mini - $.40 ($.64)
Pokemon Platinum - $12 ($19.20)
WarioWare DIY - $.75 ($1.21)
Puzzle Quest 2 - $1 ($1.60)

Kinectimals - $10 ($16)
Fable III - $3 ($4.80)
Rayman Origins $8 ($12.80)
LEGO Star Wars III Clone Wars $8 ($12.80)
LEGO Batman 2 - $11 ($17.60)
LEGO Harry Potter Years 5-7 - $7 ($11.20)
Elder Scrolls Skyrim - $20 ($32)
Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 - $5 ($8)

Wii:
WarioWare Smooth Moves - $4 ($6.40)
Excitebots - $1.25 ($1.99)
Go Diego Go Safari Rescue - $3 ($4.80)
Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - $21 ($33.60)

PS3
Mortal Kombat - $7 ($11.20)

Total after two transactions: $331.84

#149 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me Señor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:41 AM

You guys think its better to trade in Dead Space 3 this week or after the next week's ad? It will net a TIV of $32 (with the 60% boost). Im hoping since its on sale only for this week the base might go up to $35, making it $40 after the bump.

#150 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:41 AM

TIV 2/21

All :360:

Resident Evil 6 $10
LEGO Batman 2 $11
Orange Box $15
Transformers: Fall of Cybertron $17
L4D2 $18! ($2 increase)

I ended up getting hit with a $4 refurb on Transformers which sucked because I know it works but I only paid $15.75 so I was still ahead. I only had disk only copies of Orange Box and L4D2 so it was nice to get full price. L4D2 was a nice surprise and it made up for the refurb fee so I got what I expected.

PSA: I had a Redbox sticker on a used copy of FF XII-2 I bought from GS so I tried to remove it withe some goo gone. Holy bad idea. It caused my disk to splinter. I was a sad Panda.