GS TIV/Promos: OLD THREAD, NEW ONE LISTED IN FIRST & LAST POST

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3635 replies to this topic

#2011 SmokeMaxX

SmokeMaxX

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:30 AM

My my! $500 in one transaction. Looks like you cashed out your store credit or bulk of it. Nice!

Ha. I still have a lot more. It was a good day plus I cancelled several preorders (from extra 30% for preorder)

Not related, but can u scan gears of war 3 epic edition and ninja gaiden 3 collector edition? Do u know if these will ever be converted to used? Im asking because i still see alot in my area.

Sorry I don't work there; I just traded a ton of games in today.

Lol. I thought I was pushing it doing 8 in one. My receipt was 6 feet long. I think trying to do $500 at a time is bound to set off someone's alarm.

Lol. You should see my receipt. The manager struggled so hard to keep going through it because we found out that some of my codes didn't print correctly.
Yeah I'm worried about setting off alarms, but I told them that I was building credit towards PS4/720 and then said well I figured I might as well get a laptop on Amazon now instead of wait for the next console to come out lol.

#2012 prinneyking

prinneyking

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:16 AM

4/2 Base Values
PS3
NBA 2k13 - 18
God of War Saga - 10
Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 20
Saints Row The Third - 15

WII U
New Super Mario Bros. U - 25

3DS
Professor Layton Miracle Mask - 11
Naruto Powerful Shippuden - 13

DS
Pokemon Soul Silver - 20

Vita
Little Big Planet - 11

#2013 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:17 AM

an employee tried to pull a fast one on me. he claimed he could stack the 30% promo with the 50% promo (utter bull). he showed me what i would get after both stacked and it was 43$. two saints row the thirds with both promos would get much more than that lmao. all i saw was the 5$ pre order taken off the 48$, nice try gamestop employee but you arent gonna get a cheap pre order out of me

The new pin pads will stop that as each item being "sold" is in MUCH larger print than before.

#2014 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:48 AM

Ha. At one Gamestop I went to, the dude started asking me about a game that I traded in. I was like "huh?" I had to pretend like I knew something about the game. Then he totally called me out on the fact that I bought Kinect Adventures. "You're trading things in and happened to buy the $1 game?" Then he calls the manager over and he's like "you know why he's trading all these in? 50% trade in bonus." I thought I was in deep shit. Then he said "that's okay we don't judge here." Haha cool dude though. We talked about all sorts of games and whatnot. Oh also, DO NOT buy 20 Amazon e-gift cards in one transaction. The printer will screw up and the manager will be on the phone with corporate for an hour. Man that was stressful lol.

I'll scan through the values everyone posted today and post the ones that I don't see.

I was just honest. I asked if they had kinect adventures so i could get the promo and the guy said yeah and was totally cool about it.

#2015 guessed

guessed

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:56 AM

I was just honest. I asked if they had kinect adventures so i could get the promo and the guy said yeah and was totally cool about it.

One store had a stack of Link's crossbow training behind the counter. One, I asked if they had it, and they asked if I really wanted it or just the cheapest thing I could get - they had some 2 cent ps2 games in a drawer. And the last one I traded at, I got kinect adventures, and she said "you don't really want it, right", then traded it back on the same receipt.
Will 'watch Family Guy with you and explain the pop culture references you don't understand' for food.

#2016 Namurashi

Namurashi

I am Galstaff, Sorceror of Light!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:13 AM

One store had a stack of Link's crossbow training behind the counter. One, I asked if they had it, and they asked if I really wanted it or just the cheapest thing I could get - they had some 2 cent ps2 games in a drawer. And the last one I traded at, I got kinect adventures, and she said "you don't really want it, right", then traded it back on the same receipt.

The employees in my area were asking me this also. I actually told them to call me when they got new Link's Crossbow training games in. I kind of want to collect a bunch of them. I currently have 7. haha

#2017 SmokeMaxX

SmokeMaxX

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:52 AM

Ha. Well I later asked him if he had anything cheaper. Another Gamestop I went to I just grabbed a stack of 2 cent games which apparently were like buy 2 get 1 free or something.

I wish my GSs were this cool. One dude questioned why I bought 5 of one game (because I traded them back in) and I told him honestly that I didn't care that I lost 50 cents per copy because I just wanted the Club Nintendo codes. That's what I told the place I bought the five copies from and then I was like "can I trade these back in? I just wanted the codes" but apparently they're not allowed to do that.

#2018 SmokeMaxX

SmokeMaxX

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:57 AM

4-2-13 - Too lazy to look through the thread to see what's already been posted today so I'll just post everything. All base values.
:360: Cabela's Adventure Camp - $8
:360: Kinect Sports Season 2 - $16
:360: Fifa 13 - $20
:360: Forza Horizon - $20
:360: Forza 4 Essentials Edition - $8
:ps3: Rayman Origins - $6
:ps3: WWE 12 - $9
:wii: WWE 12 - $14
:wii: Pikmin 2 - $6

#2019 yepsryd

yepsryd

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:41 AM

4-2-13 - Too lazy to look through the thread to see what's already been posted today so I'll just post everything. All base values.
:360: Cabela's Adventure Camp - $8
:360: Kinect Sports Season 2 - $16
:360: Fifa 13 - $20
:360: Forza Horizon - $20
:360: Forza 4 Essentials Edition - $8
:ps3: Rayman Origins - $6
:ps3: WWE 12 - $9
:wii: WWE 12 - $14
:wii: Pikmin 2 - $6

Thank you for posting.

#2020 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:24 AM

Not related, but can u scan gears of war 3 epic edition and ninja gaiden 3 collector edition? Do u know if these will ever be converted to used? Im asking because i still see alot in mas.waa.

stock for NG was depleted at $20 as was gears at $50. I think NG will drop to $20 perm & gears to $25-$30 & that will move them for good.

#2021 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:25 AM

4/2

PS3 Dualshock 3 $20

#2022 Alamo

Alamo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:35 AM

How are you guys doing the 50% percent trade in?

Just buy the least expensive used game you can find and they will give you the rest back?

#2023 SmokeMaxX

SmokeMaxX

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:55 AM

How are you guys doing the 50% percent trade in?

Just buy the least expensive used game you can find and they will give you the rest back?

Yep. Best way to do it is find a gamestop with 2 cent used games. I just grabbed all I could find since it's just 2 cents, but obviously buying 1 would be the best. Alternatively you could buy a game that's flippable (LoZ:OoT with coupon or Top Trumps or something like that). Easier finds are Kinect Adventures, America's Test Kitchen, Wii Fit (disc only), Guitar Hero: On Tour (DS), Sneak King, etc. Those are the ones that I used. You can find things under a $1, but they're few and far between. As long as the used item and the games you buy are on the same transaction, it's automatic. Btw, anyone who is trading a good amount of stuff in, PUR Pro really is worth it. It paid for itself several times over today haha.

#2024 Only One Haze

Only One Haze

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:13 PM

My haul last night:

Traded:
Mini Ninjas - $5.50
Forza Horizon - $20
Family Game Night 4 - $5

Bought:
Madden 09
NBA 2K9
Eye Brawl
Crusher
Bash S2
Double Trouble S2

Total out of pocket...$4!

2K9 will be going back today though as it was cracked. So $2.50 out of pocket haha

#2025 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:21 PM

My haul last night:

Traded:
Mini Ninjas - $5.50
Forza Horizon - $20
Family Game Night 4 - $5

Bought:
Madden 09
NBA 2K9
Eye Brawl
Crusher
Bash S2
Double Trouble S2

Total out of pocket...$4!

2K9 will be going back today though as it was cracked. So $2.50 out of pocket haha

i never judge what peopke buy but thats a kinda odd list of games you brought there lol
Currently playing
:ps4: infamous first light, fez, strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: lego marvel, contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect

690739.png

#2026 Only One Haze

Only One Haze

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:24 PM

Haha, only bought Madden and NBA to get the 50% bonus and to add to the games my 2 year old messes around with. And the Giants characters are for his birthday in July.

#2027 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:27 PM

Haha, only bought Madden and NBA to get the 50% bonus and to add to the games my 2 year old messes around with. And the Giants characters are for his birthday in July.

ahhh now i see. i didnt know those were skylanders characters (i dont know much about it)
Currently playing
:ps4: infamous first light, fez, strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: lego marvel, contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect

690739.png

#2028 DealSeeker2U

DealSeeker2U

Seize the deal!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:40 PM

4/3/13.

Phone quote

:3ds: Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - $25.00

#2029 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:50 PM

4/3/13.

Phone quote

:3ds: Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - $25.00

Well, I think we can claim a contender for "lasting as long as Arkham City last year when flipping opportunities are available". Thanks for confirming! :D

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Just Cause 2; Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Sly 2: Band of Thieves

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [9/4]: :vita: Velocity 2X (4.5/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#2030 247

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:56 PM

Someone probably already asked this: If you use the birthday coupon on a :ds: game when you're buying three same-priced games, will the game to which it applies become the free game (because of the B2G1 promo for :ds:/:wii: games), thereby wasting the coupon?

For example, if I bought three $29.99 used :ds: games, would it take 20% off one of them and then make that game the free game since it would then be the cheapest of the games? What if the most expensive game was $34.99? Would it still become the free game since taking 20% off would place it below the $29.99 games' prices?

Did you figure out how the coupon and b2g1 work?

#2031 UNC5052

UNC5052

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:01 PM

4/3/2013

Vita- Playstation All Stars Battle Royale- $15
:3ds: Star Fox 64 3D- $12
:3ds: Sims 3- $6

#2032 FEN1XD0WN

FEN1XD0WN

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:11 PM

question:
do refurbished items count as 'used/pre-owned' items or are they their own category by themselves? im wondering if i were to trade in 2 games would i get that 50% extra credit if i put it towards a refurbished xbox 360 hard drive.

#2033 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:22 PM

Did you figure out how the coupon and b2g1 work?

It worked just as I suspected, at least when I bought a $39.99 game and two $29.99 used games (all :ds:): The $39.99 game was discounted by 20% and one of the two $29.99 games became the free game. ;)

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Just Cause 2; Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Sly 2: Band of Thieves

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [9/4]: :vita: Velocity 2X (4.5/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#2034 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:37 PM

for those wondering i called gamestop doesnt take the 3d glasses from the sony 3d display
Currently playing

690739.png

#2035 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:23 PM

Damn Straight Edge,
How many Zeldas have you traded ? I was hesitating bringing my second Dragon Ball Z in. They don't care about trading in multiple games, or is it just because you know them?

ive done a few. if you are going to do this heres the factors involved in it

you know some of the employees
how many gamestops are in your area
how many you buy
when you brought them
when you trade them it

im very fortunate to know employees at numerous gamestops and i have alot around me. i also have unlimited train and bus rides around the city every month for a fee so i can go gamestop hopping easily. i havent done a zelda in almost 2 days (on purpose). there have been two times ive traded in 2 zeldas at once in the same transaction. hope this helps :)

:360: kinect sports season 2 base = 16
Currently playing

690739.png

#2036 SJD

SJD

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:34 PM

My local gamestop has some Soul Silver copies marked at 34.99 (ripe for the taking). If I bought three, one would come free. Trading them in, I get 38.50 for each copy (in my case, PR gamestops) Is there a problem trading in multiple copies? Also, would the birthday coupon help me or hinder me? Just need some helpful advice.

#2037 Hoarder

Hoarder

Steam Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:37 PM

My local gamestop has some Soul Silver copies marked at 34.99 (ripe for the taking). If I bought three, one would come free. Trading them in, I get 38.50 for each copy (in my case, PR gamestops) Is there a problem trading in multiple copies? Also, would the birthday coupon help me or hinder me? Just need some helpful advice.

The overwhelming majority of GS' only take 1 copy of each game, per system. Unless you know somebody, assume they won't take it.

76561197967716198.png

#2038 Namurashi

Namurashi

I am Galstaff, Sorceror of Light!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:38 PM

-Bloop-

Read his post wrong. Yeah, just trade them in at multiple GS locations (if you have them) otherwise wait between employee shifts I guess. Or you can go in once a day to trade them in. lol

#2039 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:43 PM

I don't visit Gamestop very often, so I'm not quite up on how the Trade-In system works, so I wanted to ask a question.

I'm thinking of trading in Scribblenauts Unlimited for the Wii U. Gamestop's page lists it as "Store Credit up to $26.34".

Now the top of the page mentions a 30% bonus. Is that 30% bonus on top of the $26.34 or does the $26.34 already include it?

Thanks.

oIi9lub.png

#2040 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:50 PM

soul silver is 34.99 $ ? you just gave me an idea, thanks pal :D
Currently playing

690739.png