GS TIV/Promos: OLD THREAD, NEW ONE LISTED IN FIRST & LAST POST

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3635 replies to this topic

#2731 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 02:59 AM

they lied to your face ! they just dont want to cancel it cause it hurts their numbers (which determines their hours). i even had a guy beg me not to cancel my bioshock bre order and he haggled me with a dlc code to try and get me to change my mind lmao. it was so sad smh

lol I would take the dlc and just cancel another day.

I've had random preorders tacked on a few times (as well as bullshit about "free" preorders) during my trades. Lucky for them I forgot to do the surveys in time. I do remember the people so I just have to make sure to cancel on the same person for their shady doings.

Do the preorders/cancellation/subscriptions directly affect employee hours (like the pos would dock them an hour a week for every cancellation) or are the store managers just not competent enough to figure out which employees actually know what they're doing and do it efficiently.

#2732 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 02:59 AM

can the bday coupon, power up 10% and $10 off pre-owned stack?

yes they can. the 10$ comes off first so keep that in mind
Currently playing
:ps4: strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, lego marvel, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

690739.png

#2733 Quagmilion

Quagmilion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 03:00 AM

can the bday coupon, power up 10% and $10 off pre-owned stack?

Yes as mentioned before, though the way the coupons would stack is $item-10%-$10-20%

#2734 Jack_Frost

Jack_Frost

Posted 24 April 2013 - 03:01 AM

ok thanks

#2735 mask-air-raid

mask-air-raid

Mr. Encyclopedia of Soda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 03:19 AM

Gamestop sure is efficient in handling the order of the discount stacking.

#2736 ThatOneGuyWho

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 04:13 AM

they lied to your face ! they just dont want to cancel it cause it hurts their numbers (which determines their hours). i even had a guy beg me not to cancel my bioshock bre order and he haggled me with a dlc code to try and get me to change my mind lmao. it was so sad smh

Figures. The next time I go to Gamestop I'll pressure them to cancel the pre-order. Damn, when I worked at Gamestop I never wasted time caring about someone cancelling a pre-order. I know its the way they have to get up in the company but seriously, no need to straight up lie to me about it. Happy I barely ever get people that do this at that Gamestop and others.

#2737 Lemstar

Lemstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 04:56 AM

Figures. The next time I go to Gamestop I'll pressure them to cancel the pre-order. Damn, when I worked at Gamestop I never wasted time caring about someone cancelling a pre-order. I know its the way they have to get up in the company but seriously, no need to straight up lie to me about it. Happy I barely ever get people that do this at that Gamestop and others.

Just don't forget (as long as you care about not ruining someone else's day) to cancel it with the same guy who rang you up for it the first time.

#2738 foster1887

foster1887

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:32 PM

4/24 Trade Ins

Angry Birds Trilogy - $13 both systems
Black Ops - $15 :wii:

#2739 bob330i

bob330i

just lookin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:39 PM

No change from current values (just needs a date change):

FE:A (3DS) $22
Pokemon SS (DS) $20

#2740 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:42 PM

4/24:

:360: Left 4 Dead - $10 (didn't drop to $9 like another CAG reported)
:ds: Mario Kart DS - $12

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Just Cause 2; Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [8/22]:  :ps3: MGS3 HD (4.75/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#2741 mask-air-raid

mask-air-raid

Mr. Encyclopedia of Soda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:42 PM

This is SoulSilver Game Only?

If I trade it back to GameStop for more than I paid for it, what are my chances of being banned? lol

Awakening is getting a good deal on Amazon.

#2742 bob330i

bob330i

just lookin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:45 PM

This is SoulSilver Game Only?

If I trade it back to GameStop for more than I paid for it, what are my chances of being banned? lol

Awakening is getting a good deal on Amazon.

Correct, game only.

Can't comment on the flipping suggestion as it will just go into a flame war. However, I can say that I remember a few being banned for it.

If you mean the $20 bonus, you can turn a lot of stuff (>$20 TIV) for a good amount. I traded in my extra Skyrim CE PS3 (bought for $60 in GS credit) for $122 plus the $20 bonus. Hope it turns out ok.

#2743 The Buffmuffin

The Buffmuffin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2013 - 12:04 AM

Pretty Big Trade in:

Xbox 360 (all base)
Darksiders 2 $8
Duke Nukem $.30
Medal Of Honor: Warfighter $5
LA Noire: Complete Edition $11
Crysis 2 $5
Batman: Arkham City $6
Batman: Arkham Asylum $2.50
Darksiders $5
Bulletstorm $1
Dead Space 3 $15
Dead Space 2 $5
Dead Space $9
Enslaved: Odyssey to the West $1
Battlefield 3 $5
Star Wars TFU 2 $5
Dragon Age: Origins Ult Ed $9
Drago Age 2 $2
Star Wars TFU $1
Medal of Honor $1
Oblivion GOTY $5
Brink $.75
Borderlands GOTY $7
Red Faction Armageddon $.75
Max Payne 3 $7
Witcher 2 $11
Saints Row The Third: Full Package $17
Two Worlds 2 $3

#2744 Vulgarism

Vulgarism

A living, breathing piece of defecating meat.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2013 - 12:11 AM

lol I would take the dlc and just cancel another day.

I've had random preorders tacked on a few times (as well as bullshit about "free" preorders) during my trades. Lucky for them I forgot to do the surveys in time. I do remember the people so I just have to make sure to cancel on the same person for their shady doings.

Do the preorders/cancellation/subscriptions directly affect employee hours (like the pos would dock them an hour a week for every cancellation) or are the store managers just not competent enough to figure out which employees actually know what they're doing and do it efficiently.

It does, in a way, determine hours. If an employee has lower Res/Pro numbers, it may look like they aren't giving 100% at work, and therefore they should get less hours than somebody who is doing well enough. Hell, when I started at the store I am at right now, I went about two weeks with negative numbers for pre-orders, because everybody decided the new guy deserved all of the cancels :lol: It is aggravating, but I refuse to pressure somebody more than asking if they are interested in putting money towards a game they show interest in.

#2745 karyadi

karyadi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2013 - 12:35 AM

Can anyone check how much Injustice trades in for?

#2746 zerostigmavirus

zerostigmavirus

Chick With Glasses

• Trading Ban

Posted 25 April 2013 - 12:42 AM

Phone Quote
$30 Injustice (PS3)

Edited by zerosigmavirus, 25 April 2013 - 02:42 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#2747 sninh

sninh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2013 - 12:57 AM

i think there was a quote a couple days ago for $26 (which it probably is now). the $30 isn't base, it is the base + whatever makes it $30

#2748 mask-air-raid

mask-air-raid

Mr. Encyclopedia of Soda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:02 AM

Does anyone know the current base for Ocarina of Time 3D? It keeps dropping. I'm hoping for $22.

Also, thanks, bob330i. I'll avoid trading back games I bought at Gamestop to Gamestop just to be safe.

Edited by mask.air.raid, 25 April 2013 - 03:34 AM.

#2749 JP

JP

Proud member of the Ravens Nation!

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:08 AM

Updated all values except today's 360 values. Working on those right now.

all-banner.jpg

CAG Apple Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/WWF IDs

CAG Game Database & You - Small little tutorial I guess you would call it.

#2750 zerostigmavirus

zerostigmavirus

Chick With Glasses

• Trading Ban

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:12 AM

i think there was a quote a couple days ago for $26 (which it probably is now). the $30 isn't base, it is the base + whatever makes it $30

I went to the store not too long ago and it's $30 base value without any bonuses
Posted ImagePosted Image

#2751 JP

JP

Proud member of the Ravens Nation!

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:20 AM

Now everything is up to date.

all-banner.jpg

CAG Apple Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/WWF IDs

CAG Game Database & You - Small little tutorial I guess you would call it.

#2752 johnston306

johnston306

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:30 AM

what are the chances next trade-in promotion is 50% and no purchase necessary or should i just trade in this week?

#2753 Rollobobo

Rollobobo

EAT SHIITAKE!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:33 AM

Sonic & Sega Allstars Transformed - $15 (Xbox 360)

Disgaea 4 - $8.00 (PS3)

#2754 Killbomb

Killbomb

Waiting for Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:29 AM

From 4/23/13:

:360: Dragon's Dogma $10
Posted Image

Posted Image

#2755 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2013 - 05:17 AM

It does, in a way, determine hours. If an employee has lower Res/Pro numbers, it may look like they aren't giving 100% at work, and therefore they should get less hours than somebody who is doing well enough. Hell, when I started at the store I am at right now, I went about two weeks with negative numbers for pre-orders, because everybody decided the new guy deserved all of the cancels :lol: It is aggravating, but I refuse to pressure somebody more than asking if they are interested in putting money towards a game they show interest in.

So like I said, if the manager doesn't know anything they will assign hours based on "the numbers". Those are probably the types that tell people they get a free preorder when they trade something in.

If someone cancels and reserves at the same time, does that count as a cancel and reserve? What if someone 'cancels" after release? Also what about returns?

#2756 Needles-Kane

Needles-Kane

White hot

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2013 - 07:03 AM

4-24 in store quote

PS3 160gb slim $70
Dualshock 3 $20

#2757 Xellos2099

Xellos2099

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2013 - 07:04 AM

Phone Quote
$30 Injustice

is that 360 version?

#2758 sasukekun

sasukekun

Cat-Like Typing Detected

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2013 - 07:23 AM

So like I said, if the manager doesn't know anything they will assign hours based on "the numbers". Those are probably the types that tell people they get a free preorder when they trade something in.

If someone cancels and reserves at the same time, does that count as a cancel and reserve? What if someone 'cancels" after release? Also what about returns?

It's -1 and +1, so 0 Net Res. If someone cancels after release, it's a cancel (-1).

Returns don't do anything.

Cognitive Dissonance: Wanna join my Call of Duty 4 clan?
Me: Who are you?
Cognitive Dissonance: You ask too many questions. Never mind. You're out.

#2759 @FIF

@FIF

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:49 PM

It's -1 and +1, so 0 Net Res. If someone cancels after release, it's a cancel (-1).

Returns don't do anything.

Moral of the story: pick up your pre-orders and then return. Better for employees, and you get the pre-order bonus codes (if any).

#2760 bob330i

bob330i

just lookin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2013 - 05:00 PM

Also, thanks, bob330i. I'll avoid trading back games I bought at Gamestop to Gamestop just to be safe.

Just to clarify, the flipping ban comment really refers to doing a same day flip vs. legitimately playing the game then trading it in to GS a month later. I don't see any issues with the latter scenario and I think GS wouldn't care much either. It's just a rare occurance that you can buy something and trade it in for more which opens up the same day/same store flip issue.