Photo
- - - - -

What brightness do you guys use your 3ds on? And does it effect the 3d?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:44 AM

Just started using my 3ds and was wondering what brightness setting you guys use. Usually for handhelds (and tv's actually) i keep the brightness low. My vita is at about 38%, my psp was on a 2. Cant remember what my DSlite and stuff were, i think the one below the middle

However with the 3ds it almost seems like lowering the brightness really detracts from the visuals. Especially with the 3d mode turned on. Leaving it on the default 5 really gives stuff a pop and contrast, but putting it on 3 or so seems to make it look a bit dull and limit the depth of field a bit. Are my eyes just playing tricks after using the default 5 for a few hours or is this really the case?

I'll have to mess with it later, but it just seemed weird to me. I really wanted to put it on 3 or so. Im just wondering what most of you play on
My massive game collection list: (work in progress, pain in the butt getting it all entered)
\-Clicky Here-\

#2 SaraAB

SaraAB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:24 PM

Uh 2 or so, I really don't know actually, I prefer dim screens so I know I turned it down quite a lot as soon as I got the system.

#3 Andami

Andami

Buy Because it's on Sale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:04 AM

I use 1 and Power Saver mode. It really doesn't seem to affect the 3D at all.

#4 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:38 AM

I have it on auto. It usually lives in the cradle so I don't care about battery life. Power-saving mode looked kind of crappy so I disabled it.

Once that red light goes on, it's usually a warning I've been playing too long.

Though I still ignore it and chug on

#5 AZR43L

AZR43L

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:15 AM

1 with Power Saver on. I just kind of forced myself to get used to the setting for the sake of more play time (did this on Day 1). For me, Pushmo was the only game that showed a notable decrease in color vibrance with 3D on. Its the only game I play with 3D off for that reason.

#6 AFRO insomniac

AFRO insomniac

Pikmin 3

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:28 AM

I usually use 3 or 4. For me anything lower than 3 doesn't provide enough light to enjoy the game colors.

Playing

Spoiler
2014 2013

#7 WhipSmartBanky

WhipSmartBanky

Bring on the free hooch!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:47 PM

Full blast.

Now that, my friend, is a shared moment.

about.me/wsb

#8 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:31 PM

I run my 3DS and my XL at max typically. Only exception is sometimse that's too bright if I'm in total darkness.

I don't use so-called "3D" so don't know if it affects that.
Please help cure diseases like cancer and Parkinson's by running Folding @ Home! :)
Recent games, Netflix Scale:
[LIST]

Posted Image