Photo
* * * * * 10 votes

Target Clearance Extravaganza XXI (YMMV)

target clearance extravaganza

• Please log in to reply
3789 replies to this topic

#931 Wazzup4567

Wazzup4567

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:40 PM

I just realized that 30$ 1tb HDD's can also be used internally... Which is something I desperately need since my TB is almost full.

#932 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:42 PM

Just saw this at my Target...2 copies. I haven't tried the demou yet, so I'm not sure if I want to buy it for $40, so I skipped on trying to get it. Like you said, I'm sure the system would have denied the sale.

Edit: just stopped at a 2nd Target and they had it out as well. I'm wondering if they are just breaking street date...never known Target to do that.

Just so you know, I tried to buy a copy and it was street dated. Nice girl though, she couldn't find it listed in the upcoming games and tried to get her manager to sell me it. Shame it didn't work out...

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#933 rbarba4

rbarba4

I'm feelin' BASS-y

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:08 PM

Well, not much at my local stores, but did pick up:

Epic Mickey Clicker nunchuk @15. Already have the paintbrush version that was released with the first game.
Brookstone iScanner for iPad @45. Suppose to only work with 1st & 2nd gen models.

Both were in very low supply and doubt they'll hit lower, but I''l keep checking.
Scanner's got mixed reviews but I'm finding it works fine. I'll know better with more usage.

#934 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:13 PM

No games or HD's at my Target today, but a couple decent finds anyways:

Amazing Spider-Man LE BLU RAY for $32.xx
Several Halo micro ops and McFarlane figures on clearence as well. Micro ops for $5.xx and McFarlane for $8.xx .Got a couple of those and an "as is" warthog/wall base figure for $1.86 (box was slightly damaged, contents are pristine!)

#935 Mcast

Mcast

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:56 AM

Scored today at a target near my college (Capitola,CA) were i found a copy of Lumines Electronic Symphony for vita for $9.58

#936 Graviex

Graviex

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:01 AM

Wow, I got really lucky today. I managed to pick up a WD 1TB External for $30, but the thing is, it wasn't even marked for clearance, nor was it on the clearance shelf. It actually looked semi hidden, because it was stocked wrong on the shelf where it was supposed to be, placed in the back of the 2TB ones that were apparently not on clearance. So I looked through them and took them all to the price scanner, and this one popped up $29.99, even though it wasn't marked. I was so damn happy O_O
Posted Image

#937 StealOfADeal

StealOfADeal

It's a S-O-A-D!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:28 AM

No luck at my local store for a TB, but scored some OKC Thunder skullcandies (normally 19.99, for 9.99) and some red skullcandy headphones with a mic (41.xx for 12.50) - no games at all though, bummer.

"If she'll learn to play a video game. Keep her!" :D

Updated Infinity disc trade list ---> http://www.cheapassg...scs/?p=11116024

#938 yedgee

yedgee

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:34 AM

Saw a bunch of MLB 2K13 (PS3) - $17.98
Word.

#939 Graviex

Graviex

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 03:11 AM

No luck at my local store for a TB, but scored some OKC Thunder skullcandies (normally 19.99, for 9.99) and some red skullcandy headphones with a mic (41.xx for 12.50) - no games at all though, bummer.

I picked up a pair of those headphones. I almost got them last week when they dropped to $20, but I figured no one would buy them so I'd wait for lower. I'm happy with them for $12 though! They're about the same sound quality you can get from a normally priced $10 set of headphones though.. =( I just like the fact that they're not the in-ear ones which tend to bother me, so it's all good
Posted Image

#940 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 03:12 AM

Went to another Target that's closer to my job, and I didn't find any of the hard drives again...Don't really need one since I have a 3TB HDD chilling in my desktop, and 4TB HDD for storage. Just be nice to have. Anyways, I did find these two items.
Posted Image

My dad might want the Bose Bluetooth because I kept raving to him about it. Second pair I snagged this week!
The Monster iSport's are supposed to be really good so I'm excited to check them out. Normally $154.99, got them for $46 or so.

Forza 5 Full Game Download/Titanfall Full Game Download - $80 bundle

Ms. Splosion Man and Pinball FX XBL Codes for Sale/Trade

This is my new theme song. "Man, you're a CheapAssGamer."

YouTube

#941 kyoya

kyoya

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 05:35 AM

Picked up:

PS3 Limited Edition MLB11 The Show Dualshock 3 Controller 50% off @ $27.48 (DPCI: 207 00 1070)

Other non-gaming related deals:

Motorola Universal Bluetooth Headset (Model H720) 70% off @ $11.98 (DPCI: 080 08 0344)

Motorola Essential Series Universal Bluetooth In-Car Speakerphone (Model T225) 70% off @ $14.98 (DPCI: 080 08 0070)

#942 bullseye

bullseye

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:46 AM

Just saw this at my Target...2 copies. I haven't tried the demou yet, so I'm not sure if I want to buy it for $40, so I skipped on trying to get it. Like you said, I'm sure the system would have denied the sale.

Edit: just stopped at a 2nd Target and they had it out as well. I'm wondering if they are just breaking street date...never known Target to do that.

nope it for next week, the planogram has it on his week but its strretdated in the system for next week.

#943 StealOfADeal

StealOfADeal

It's a S-O-A-D!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:55 AM

I picked up a pair of those headphones. I almost got them last week when they dropped to $20, but I figured no one would buy them so I'd wait for lower. I'm happy with them for $12 though! They're about the same sound quality you can get from a normally priced $10 set of headphones though.. =( I just like the fact that they're not the in-ear ones which tend to bother me, so it's all good

I need to figure out how to post pics from my phone, my red skullcandies I picked up were the kind that do go in your ear. They remind me of a previous pair they were accidentally washed... R.I.P. to my original pair... haha.

#944 LouieT

LouieT

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:26 AM

I didn't take pictures for more info #-o

:ps3: PS3 Bluetooth Headset - Urban Camouflage $27.98, don't know DPCI
:ps3: USB circular hub, forgot the price

#945 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:11 PM

I saw the USB Hub tagged at $14.98 in Cheektowaga, NY. It could be a different price at your store though.

YouTube

#946 EvilIA

EvilIA

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 03:17 PM

Went to another Target that's closer to my job, and I didn't find any of the hard drives again...Don't really need one since I have a 3TB HDD chilling in my desktop, and 4TB HDD for storage. Just be nice to have. Anyways, I did find these two items.

My dad might want the Bose Bluetooth because I kept raving to him about it. Second pair I snagged this week!
The Monster iSport's are supposed to be really good so I'm excited to check them out. Normally $154.99, got them for $46 or so.

I'd be interested in hearing your opinion of the Monster iSports, my target had them too, and I want a really good pair of ear buds, but I wasn't sure of the sound quality or if I could take of that little in ear part.

#947 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 24 April 2013 - 03:33 PM

I need to figure out how to post pics from my phone, my red skullcandies I picked up were the kind that do go in your ear. They remind me of a previous pair they were accidentally washed... R.I.P. to my original pair... haha.

I upload right to tinypic.com from my phone. (I have a smart phone).

xivpads.png

#948 HyperG

HyperG

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:22 PM

Seen

the move gun add on for PS3 - around 27 dollars
killzone with controller for about 41 dollars (already owned one from a best buy sale)

Picked up

WoW Wrath of the Lich King $2.56 (have no idea if it was even worth getting, being just an expansion, I had WoW and never really played it, may give this away)

Non-gaming items

Polaroid 8" Digital Picture Frame for $20.98. Box said it included a 2 gb memory card, this included a 4 gb memory card instead. Normally $69.99 so not bad.
CableNeat Cable Ties $1.67 (left a pack, has about 10 in a pack)
Jasco HDMI cable - 6' Double Pack $5.98 (left a pack)
www.GamersVlog.com - Enter for game giveaways.

#949 blackpsycho409

blackpsycho409

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:29 PM

I work at T-2320 and our Bluetooth headset is $19.98. I'm thinking about picking it up tonight;)

#950 eliter1

eliter1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:58 PM

Last time I checked my local Target they had some HDs on clearance but they were still too expensive. Gonna have to check some Targets soon. My local Target had Zagg Sparqqs 1220 for 50% off at $20 but I am hoping they drop another $10 before I snag a couple of them.
Posted Image

#951 BMXJouster

BMXJouster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:10 PM

Not quite the 1TB western digital HD but not bad.

Posted Image

That's actually the exact same one I found on Monday (same clearance price too). I wanted the Western Digital one, but Seagate is fine too and it was $3 cheaper so I can't complain. It's still an amazing deal.

#952 WingsDJY

WingsDJY

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:15 PM

If those Monster iSports end up being pretty nice, we can all just buy Livestrong ones. Shockingly, everyone's selling them for cheap :D
"Ha! I like your style, you make up your own rules just like me." - Cave Johnson

#953 StealOfADeal

StealOfADeal

It's a S-O-A-D!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:12 PM

0 - 4 while looking for the 1TB hard drives. Oh well, I got some cheap 8gb photo memory cards for $4.49 each. Also got some awesome portable speakers for my fiance. iHome? Normally $60, got them for $17.98. Found out my two nearest stores have the current "best" clearance which is surprising to me. And I found one of the cleanest set-ups ever, damn impressive.

#954 HydroX

HydroX

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:32 AM

0 - 4 while looking for the 1TB hard drives. Oh well, I got some cheap 8gb photo memory cards for $4.49 each. Also got some awesome portable speakers for my fiance. iHome? Normally $60, got them for $17.98. Found out my two nearest stores have the current "best" clearance which is surprising to me. And I found one of the cleanest set-ups ever, damn impressive.

Which stores did you check?

Norman can't be one of the current, they are always way behind lol

#955 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2013 - 04:40 AM

That's actually the exact same one I found on Monday (same clearance price too). I wanted the Western Digital one, but Seagate is fine too and it was $3 cheaper so I can't complain. It's still an amazing deal.

I always had issues with WD drives back in the day so I always go with Seagate. I recommend them to everyone I know. As far as SSD's go, I always recommend Intel.

YouTube

#956 Hollywood

Hollywood

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:19 AM

I work at Target in electronics, for a while now, just thought I would shed some light on some of the stuff commented on. I picked up a pair of Sony Thumpin Buds for about $10, down from $40 (after my 15% discount), not a bad deal.

1) If you notice, in the top right corner of the Clearance tag, it will say 30, 50, or 70 now. That's the percent off the regular price. Once it hits 70%, it's not going any further, so either get it or not at all. After long enough it will be salvaged and tossed out. The only exceptions that happen is for holiday season stuff, like Christmas, Halloween, or Easter which will hit 90% off. But at that point, the area looks like a ransacked graveyard of stuff no one wants.

2) It looks like some serious resetting is going on in electronics. Computer accessories have been condensed together in a more logical way, and basically our entire PC game area looks vacant as of late. I've noticed more 3DS value titles in the area now, with Resident Evil at $20 along with some others.

3) I have no idea how Castlevania or Luigi's Mansion were 'Clearance' as someone said a few pages back. Sounds like a total Fuck up by the Price Change team and someone discounted something that was not supposed to be. Not shocking, most employees don't know shit about a game that came out two days ago or 6 years ago.

4) Contrary to belief we don't know shit about anything on Clearance, when it will be Clearanced, or anything like that. But if I were a betting man, shit is about to pick up over the course of the year because of the massive influx of holiday titles and new systems.

Honestly, if you knew what kind of shit is back in the stock room in purgatory on a daily basis, your mind would blow. It's not just everything on the floor, it's special edition shit from years ago that no one bought, areas reset and it was backstocked with no home location, to which it will stay in purgatory until Target decides to Clearance it out at some later date.

I've noticed over time everything from PSP games, DJ Hero bundles, and even Star Wars 360 Special Edition bundles. There's a lot of shit, and there's a lot of shit on the floor like old Wii and DS games that are going to need to get the hell out so there's room for holiday games and new systems. This stuff is going to be Clearanced all throughout the year is my bet.

Anyway, those are my observations. One last request when Clearance diving is not to open shit and just throw it everywhere. Employees have to clean that shit up, even though it's Clearance doesn't mean it's a yard sale to just tear shit open. I stood next to an older lady earlier tonight watching her rummage through packages like it's some local garage sale. And of course, 90% of the time, they never buy. It's nice to be considerate.

#957 domon

domon

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:36 AM

Thanks for the insider scoop. And I always try to make sure to put things back neatly. Messy shelves bug me too.

#958 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:41 AM

I work at Target in electronics, for a while now, just thought I would shed some light on some of the stuff commented on. I picked up a pair of Sony Thumpin Buds for about $10, down from $40 (after my 15% discount), not a bad deal.

1) If you notice, in the top right corner of the Clearance tag, it will say 30, 50, or 70 now. That's the percent off the regular price. Once it hits 70%, it's not going any further, so either get it or not at all. After long enough it will be salvaged and tossed out. The only exceptions that happen is for holiday season stuff, like Christmas, Halloween, or Easter which will hit 90% off. But at that point, the area looks like a ransacked graveyard of stuff no one wants.

2) It looks like some serious resetting is going on in electronics. Computer accessories have been condensed together in a more logical way, and basically our entire PC game area looks vacant as of late. I've noticed more 3DS value titles in the area now, with Resident Evil at $20 along with some others.

3) I have no idea how Castlevania or Luigi's Mansion were 'Clearance' as someone said a few pages back. Sounds like a total Fuck up by the Price Change team and someone discounted something that was not supposed to be. Not shocking, most employees don't know shit about a game that came out two days ago or 6 years ago.

4) Contrary to belief we don't know shit about anything on Clearance, when it will be Clearanced, or anything like that. But if I were a betting man, shit is about to pick up over the course of the year because of the massive influx of holiday titles and new systems.

Honestly, if you knew what kind of shit is back in the stock room in purgatory on a daily basis, your mind would blow. It's not just everything on the floor, it's special edition shit from years ago that no one bought, areas reset and it was backstocked with no home location, to which it will stay in purgatory until Target decides to Clearance it out at some later date.

I've noticed over time everything from PSP games, DJ Hero bundles, and even Star Wars 360 Special Edition bundles. There's a lot of shit, and there's a lot of shit on the floor like old Wii and DS games that are going to need to get the hell out so there's room for holiday games and new systems. This stuff is going to be Clearanced all throughout the year is my bet.

Anyway, those are my observations. One last request when Clearance diving is not to open shit and just throw it everywhere. Employees have to clean that shit up, even though it's Clearance doesn't mean it's a yard sale to just tear shit open. I stood next to an older lady earlier tonight watching her rummage through packages like it's some local garage sale. And of course, 90% of the time, they never buy. It's nice to be considerate.

Well your first section is wrong, so you must not be watching your clearance section very well. I used to work at Target (in the electronics department no less), and there is an 85% off mark for electronics.

Immediate example as of very recent would be the Sims 3DS game for 2.xx.

Anyway, if I remember right there is one of two options for the purgatory stuff, it is up to your Team Lead of Electronics to allow you to set up home locations for old stuff to try to get it to sell, or it will most likely end up as vendor returns (or trash).

Edit: Also I felt like I was watching South Park with the Shit counter. By the way, I counted 8.

xivpads.png

#959 Relentless Sheep

Relentless Sheep

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:43 AM

The bad part is that there's a higher chance it's going to break down as opposed to WD.

#960 Hollywood

Hollywood

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:45 AM

Well your first section is wrong, so you must not be watching your clearance section very well. I used to work at Target (in the electronics department no less), and there is an 85% off mark for electronics.

Immediate example as of very recent would be the Sims 3DS game for 2.xx.

Anyway, if I remember right there is one of two options for the purgatory stuff, it is up to your Team Lead of Electronics to allow you to set up home locations for old stuff to try to get it to sell, or it will most likely end up as vendor returns (or trash).

I've never seen anything notable hit 85% off. Maybe I'm overlooking, but everything hits 70% and goes salvage where I'm at. By that point in general, the kaibosh on the endcap is put on because it's so picked over and barren that they probably do not want to deal with it anymore and just want to reset it.

If I see anything at 85, I'll gladly say so, but it's something I've never noticed at my store. It may be something completely up to store level discretion to take it that far.