Photo
* * * * * 10 votes

Target Clearance Extravaganza XXI (YMMV)

target clearance extravaganza

• Please log in to reply
3802 replies to this topic

#2821 psunami

psunami

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2013 - 08:34 PM

I was able to get a PS3 version of the Assassin's Creed 4 Collector's Edition for $32.98 today.  They wouldn't let me do a return/rebuy, but they found another copy on the floor.  So, they returned mine, rebought the one from the back of the store, and they put that one out for sale again.  

A silly process, but I got what I wanted at the price I wanted.  

#2822 SadPanda99

SadPanda99

I hate know it alls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2013 - 09:25 PM

Did my return/rebuy using the payment trick. Apparently they can only change the payment method automatically if you have the receipt, I didn't have it so she returned and rebought the items. I took care to remove the clearance stickers before I went into the store, so this is YMMV.

Posted Image

PM me to trade for EA PGA 11, MMA, Shift 2 Season Passes

#2823 psunami

psunami

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2013 - 09:30 PM

Did my return/rebuy using the payment trick. Apparently they can only change the payment method automatically if you have the receipt, I didn't have it so she returned and rebought the items. I took care to remove the clearance stickers before I went into the store, so this is YMMV.

Yeah, they weren't going to let me do any return/rebuy.  They said it would have to "go through processing" and it wouldn't be available to rebuy until later that night.  Thankfully the guy in electronics didn't want the ones that were obviously being held in the back for employees, so that I got one of those.

#2824 jdeluis

jdeluis

Now In Stereo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2013 - 10:51 PM

Picked up Ghost Recon Shadow Wars for Nintento 3DS $5.98.

#2825 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2013 - 10:56 PM

not entirely the right thread for this but I'm sure some readers will appreciate it anyway.

I bought some $1.99 picture frames at Target tonight and had 2 $5 off $50 purchase coupons print out.  Coupons only state they cant be used for gift cards and Target Mobile purchases so they should be fair game on video games, consoles, and accessories.  Hopefully others can get it to print out as well (my purchase total was well under $50 so you shouldnt need to spend much for it to kick in).  Happy Hunting!

Want to get in on a FREE HDTV or $440 cash?  Join the Conga Line fun right here through CAG! 

http://www.cheapassg...-in-on-the-fun/

#2826 HyperG

HyperG

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2013 - 11:23 PM

I got a $10 off $100+ more yesterday but not sure what the fine print read since I'm not interested in spending over 100 bucks at the moment.

www.GamersVlog.com - Enter for game giveaways.

#2827 psunami

psunami

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2013 - 11:47 PM

Picked up Ghost Recon Shadow Wars for Nintento 3DS $5.98.

I loved that game.  That's a terrific price for it.

#2828 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2013 - 11:57 PM

Those units usually have 4 buttons on the bottom of them, hit the 4th button (furthest right button).  If the unit is working properly, it should bring up a screen on the touch screen that allows you to manually punch in the DPCI and hit enter.  Note that every single one that I've used, once you enter a DPCI and get the results, the next attempt to bring up that screen by hitting the 4th button will cause it to exit too quickly to enter the DPCI, so you have to hit the 4th button again to bring it up and enter the next DPCI properly.

If you want to look stranger if it's not working properly you unplug the ethernet cable from the back and put it back in and the system should reboot and should be working properly. Word of warning, it takes a while for it to reboot!

#2829 davo1224

davo1224

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2013 - 12:04 AM

I still have a Target Buy 2 Get 30% Off coupon and no idea what to use it on. Nothing in this week's ad looks great, but it expires in two weeks.

#2830 raven054

raven054

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2013 - 12:12 AM

If you want to look stranger if it's not working properly you unplug the ethernet cable from the back and put it back in and the system should reboot and should be working properly. Word of warning, it takes a while for it to reboot!

I found that the ones closer to the toys and video games would not let you click the right button to pull it up but the ones by the bath towels worked fine.

#2831 jdeluis

jdeluis

Now In Stereo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2013 - 12:14 AM

I loved that game.  That's a terrific price for it.

Awesome. So a lot of solid recommendations for the game and I couldn't pass it up.

#2832 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2013 - 12:22 AM

I got a $10 off $100+ more yesterday but not sure what the fine print read since I'm not interested in spending over 100 bucks at the moment.

I had one that expired yesterday, I really shoulda used it when I did my B2G1 on PS4 games.  I had planned to buy my new TV through Target but that didnt end up happening.

On topic, no drops at my Target today.  Somebody also snatched the $8.98 Sonic All Stars for Vita.

Want to get in on a FREE HDTV or $440 cash?  Join the Conga Line fun right here through CAG! 

http://www.cheapassg...-in-on-the-fun/

#2833 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2013 - 12:37 AM

AC IV reappeared in the clearance section after disappearing from the store last week ... couldn't resist at that price

#2834 karkyco

karkyco

Posted 17 December 2013 - 12:44 AM

Thanks Skiizim, I'll be sure and keep that in mind.  Although I normally just find the next scanner and try it out until I come across one that is functioning properly...

I still have a Target Buy 2 Get 30% Off coupon and no idea what to use it on. Nothing in this week's ad looks great, but it expires in two weeks.

Use it on two of the ACIV L.E.'s on clearance at 70% off, naturally!  Assuming you can find them of course...

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif

#2835 Fanboygamer

Fanboygamer

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2013 - 04:15 AM

While shopping earlier I received a $5off any purchase of $50 or more so that extra $5 might help out!

#2836 jimivegas

jimivegas

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2013 - 05:43 AM

Found a copy of mario galaxy 2 for $2.26. If target has catacombs of forgotten products in their stockroom then that must be where this gem of a find came from. The only one by the way. I'm guessing this is very ymmv. Considering I bought this game used for $30 at GameStop a few days ago. An early Christmas gift to me. That used copy I got is surely going back. How foolish of me to buy a used copy of this game for $30. Happy holidays everyone!

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg

#2837 MasaTFC

MasaTFC

Don't Wear Regular Shoes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2013 - 05:47 AM

Found a copy of mario galaxy 2 for $2.26. If target has catacombs of forgotten products in their stockroom then that must be where this gem of a find came from. The only one by the way. I'm guessing this is very ymmv. Considering I bought this game used for $30 at GameStop a few days ago. An early Christmas gift to me. That used copy I got is surely going back. How foolish of me to buy a used copy of this game for $30. Happy holidays everyone!

funny thing about that is the original price before the AS-IS price. must have been back there for a long time.

"The Absence of Evidence Is Not The Evidence of Absence"

If you have Growl for Genesis CIB Please PM me battousai11 is a superhero! Thanks!

My Tradelist- Want Dragons Crown and Stuff!

#2838 jimivegas

jimivegas

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2013 - 05:56 AM

funny thing about that is the original price before the AS-IS price. must have been back there for a long time.

It must have been lost or someone hid it a while back. Because honestly the price before the as-is price is also a steal. I would have jumped on that price also.

#2839 shoshokid

shoshokid

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2013 - 06:18 AM

2k Essentials Collection (Bioshock, Borderlands and XCOM: Enemy Unknown) for PS3 for $8.98 on clearance, was the only one, makes a great gift for my brother at this price though.

#2840 MRW2276

MRW2276

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2013 - 06:30 AM

I found a PSP 3000 like that earlier this year for $30. Was the special Target one with Twisted Metal and some other game. Just appeared one day in the case as is.

#2841 soonerdoc

soonerdoc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2013 - 06:40 AM

Picked up the digital code for COD Ghosts for 360 and Xbox One for 20.98 minus red card discount.

#2842 psunami

psunami

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2013 - 06:54 AM

Picked up the digital code for COD Ghosts for 360 and Xbox One for 20.98 minus red card discount.

Edit: Here's the DCPI.

207-22-2225

#2843 tokyostomp

tokyostomp

Official Staff

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2013 - 07:06 AM

All the stores I went to today had crap. I went to 7 stores today and only thing worth noting was an UP band for 30-something dollars in East L.A. on Whittier.

#2844 scottman

scottman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2013 - 10:46 AM

Saw Ratchet and Clank collection for $8.98 but already have it.

also saw

Crysis 3 Hunter edition PS3 $8.98

bioshock ultimate rapture xbox $8.98

mortal kombat komplete xbox $5.98

It's getting bad when I really can't remember which games I already have as I sift through clearance.

#2845 texasitalianboy

texasitalianboy

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2013 - 01:19 PM

also saw

It's getting bad when I really can't remember which games I already have as I sift through clearance.

#2846 texasitalianboy

texasitalianboy

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2013 - 01:25 PM

also saw

Try using the Game Collectorz software from www.collectorz.com. I have been using this software for more than 10 years and there is an iPhone/iPad app to go with it now. I use it for movies, games, CDs and Books. They have separate software for each type of item. Check it out. I could not live without these apps.

#2847 texasitalianboy

texasitalianboy

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2013 - 01:28 PM

Try using the Game Collectorz software from www.collectorz.com. I have been using this software for more than 10 years and there is an iPhone/iPad app to go with it now. I use it for movies, games, CDs and Books. They have separate software for each type of item. Check it out. I could not live without these apps.

Here is an example from my phone:

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg

#2848 Whitey2009

Whitey2009

Posted 17 December 2013 - 03:15 PM

Hey all! First actual post (if this goes through bc i was never able to before for some reason). No luck whatsoever on finding AC IV CE in my Targets. One of the guys who usually checks the DCPIs looked and said there were none whatsoever in our area. I kinda gave up on it but since everyone seems to be still finding them...would anyone be willing to pick up a PS3 version for me at the $32.98 price? I would be happy to pay shipping and whatever can be worked out for your troubles! Let me know. Thanks guys!

#2849 GreyFoxx2002

GreyFoxx2002

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2013 - 04:32 PM

Yep lost out on 2 ACIV collectors in my area. They were sitting at $90 then they dropped seems like on Monday lady told me some guy came in and snatched them up ASAP. Ahh well hopefully i can grab one down the road from BB or someplace else. 

#2850 kylerg

kylerg

CAGalicious!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2013 - 04:58 PM

I didn't even know this was a thing.
Posted Image