• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4046 replies to this topic

#31 lccf84

lccf84

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:47 AM

from https://corporate.ta...w-price-promise

Thanks for the heads up. I haven't worked at Target for the last 4 years so never knew that they changed their policy. I checked the link that you provided me with their price matching policies and the biggest thing that I was confused about it is in the exclusions part it state that it excluded clearance items. So would that mean the clearance items that I wanted from online would be up to the manager to price match?

#32 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:14 AM

Why hello there new thread :)

#33 Mario Speedwagon

Mario Speedwagon

Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:23 AM

Nothing worthwhile but the Xbox steering wheel and Huge on Blu.

#34 OscillatingFerret

OscillatingFerret

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:25 AM

Somewhat related to clearance, so here goes. I saw a mention of the ME3 360 CE being $20 in the old thread. I can confirm it is, but ps3 is still $80. My question is does the CE have a different set of discs than the regular one? I'd pick one up if they are the same and just trade the discs to GS, but if they are different I'd keep them. (all I am interested in is the steelbook, not the game)

I'm a bit anal about unique ce discs though. (like ME2 and Oblivion 5th Ed. Had)

#35 chefgamer

chefgamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:56 AM

There is a 50" westinghouse for 299.00

#36 ets

ets

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:12 AM

Saw like 15 copies of FIFA soccer for vita for 14.98 and I also picked up an element LCD TV 19" for 32 bucks.

FIFA Soccer was 9.99 at 3 targets. Picked up Sims on 3DS for $5, werid thing is it was sitting next to 3 other Sims that were priced $10 and rang up for $10.
Currently Playing: N/A
On Deck: N.A

MyTradeList [Link]

#37 Solomon87

Solomon87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:33 AM

Thanks for the heads up. I haven't worked at Target for the last 4 years so never knew that they changed their policy. I checked the link that you provided me with their price matching policies and the biggest thing that I was confused about it is in the exclusions part it state that it excluded clearance items. So would that mean the clearance items that I wanted from online would be up to the manager to price match?

They will not match clearance, they never match clearance between stores or online.

#38 Kovorkian

Kovorkian

Judoka on a CAG Hiatus due to new job

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:28 PM

Some people have reported getting it matched in the old target clearance thread (XX) and the old flip thread, however it is highly YMMV, as they are not supposed to match clearance

Tradelist   (mostly Nintendo / Sony)  

May DealSeeker continue to guide us through dark voids, lead us not into tempting terrible deals, and deliver us from EA.

gallery_474050_8161_75125.jpg

Designed by Lilchiji

#39 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:48 PM

There is a 50" westinghouse for 299.00

I'm gonna take a guess and guess that those are leftovers from Black Friday when they had 50" Westinghouses for $350.

#40 yantelope

yantelope

F.A.C.S Alumnus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:06 PM

I saw Epic Mickey Collectors Edition for $35. Passed on it. It's been there 2 weeks. Hasn't dropped any lower.

#41 StilesCrisis

StilesCrisis

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:59 PM

I'm gonna take a guess and guess that those are leftovers from Black Friday when they had 50" Westinghouses for $350.

I've never seen Black Friday doorbusters have leftovers at the end of the day, but maybe they just found these in a warehouse somewhere :)

#42 golfer

golfer

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:07 PM

Saw a bunch of sims 3 for 3ds for 4.98 (almost picked one up but heard it was a bad game). Still may just for 5 bucks, its got to be better than steel diver (which i also got for 5 bucks but from best buy). I picked up a 360 media remote for 9.98. Ive always hated using the controller for netflix and when streaming from my PC. Glad I got the remote for cheap but I do wish it had a separate media center button. Oh well, just takes an extra step or two.

#43 Jawwaad1

Jawwaad1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:09 PM

The Target I work for only has a few games on clearance

The Price is Right Decades Wii $14.98 207-26-0846

Rage PS3 $13.98 207-24-0829

The Sims 3 3DS $4.98 207-02-1323

#44 chefgamer

chefgamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:11 PM

I guess normally 599. I found on sd ppl there said some 399 or 349. Also there are supposedly 2 different versions 1 pick 1 I am 1 that is a slim I happen to get the slim. Got the ecoslim. People also said you're not the greatest TV but you can get a 1 plan for only 30 dollars more. I only grabbed it honestly to replace my recently cracked screen for now. I figure if it last most of the warranty I'm in good shape. It sucks that it only has 2 HDMI and no USB. Just waiting to mount it when I have another day.

#45 Mageshadow

Mageshadow

Taking A Deuce..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:14 PM

Screw my target

Check every 1-2 weeks to see if they ever clearance anything, and they haven't for months.
Every other target in the fucking nation clearances games, why the Fuck doesn't mine?

#46 Johnnybeachboy

Johnnybeachboy

Need a CHEAP PS VITA

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:51 PM

Screw my target

Check every 1-2 weeks to see if they ever clearance anything, and they haven't for months.
Every other target in the fucking nation clearances games, why the Fuck doesn't mine?

I'm in the same damn boat..................:drool:

#47 terutt

terutt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:26 AM

I'm in the same damn boat..................:drool:

As a guy who has shopped Target clearances for probably coming up on 15 years now, I can tell you, they ain't what they used to be.

Now, maybe it is just a cyclical thing but I suspect not, and that Target has gotten more sophisticated in their inventory control practices...and it is not just video games, but a lot of other areas too from what I have seen.

They just simply don't seem like they have as much left over crap they need to clearance like they did 4-5 years ago.

I honestly can't remember the last decent wide-spread VG clearance at my local Targets (and I have 3 that I regularly hit) where it used to be a monthly event it seems.

#48 TheLiptonDipper

TheLiptonDipper

Brony 4 Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:26 AM

The Target I work for only has a few games on clearance

The Price is Right Decades Wii $14.98 207-26-0846

Rage PS3 $13.98 207-24-0829

The Sims 3 3DS $4.98 207-02-1323

Saw this also along with:
PS Vita Fifa 13
PS3 Rachet and Clank 9.xx
360 GTA Liberty City Episodes 13.xx

I left with nothing but glad to see games on the clearance rack again.

#49 lccf84

lccf84

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:12 AM

They will not match clearance, they never match clearance between stores or online.

Thanks for the info.

#50 padlok

padlok

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:45 AM

As a guy who has shopped Target clearances for probably coming up on 15 years now, I can tell you, they ain't what they used to be.

Now, maybe it is just a cyclical thing but I suspect not, and that Target has gotten more sophisticated in their inventory control practices...and it is not just video games, but a lot of other areas too from what I have seen.

They just simply don't seem like they have as much left over crap they need to clearance like they did 4-5 years ago.

I honestly can't remember the last decent wide-spread VG clearance at my local Targets (and I have 3 that I regularly hit) where it used to be a monthly event it seems.

I've built up a collection of around 60 games. 90% of those were from Target. I can't recall the last good clearance stash. I live 1 mile from my usual Target that I visit at least 3 times a week.
I've also noticed that other sections are light on great clearance stuff. There are clearance items but nothing like a year ago or especially a few years ago.

#51 thebob101

thebob101

Spaceknight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:55 AM

Saw AC Brotherhood last night for $14. I passed. They had copies for both the 360 and ps3. Been the first games I have seen in some time.

Posted Image

I am currently playing the following games-
Xbox 360- Gears of War Judgment

I am currently watching the following shows -
Banshee & Spartacus
I am currently reading -
The Wheel of Time/A Memory of Light- Robert Jordan

#52 BudzMcGee

BudzMcGee

Clearance Bin Review

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:29 PM

A big part of it seems to be not over stocking and making more of an effort to not simply clearance everything in stock to replace it with new stock of the same game (that happened a lot before). Plus, all the Target's in the Twin Cities seems to have a policy of donating clearance items to Goodwill before it hits 75% off in many cases now, not always, but quite often. Go to any Goodwill here and you'll see tons of items with Target clearance stickers on it blacked out. :lol: They must have figured out the tax write-off for these items is typically better than the 75% off price.

My video game site ClearanceBinReview.com - The right game for the right price.
300x156xBacklog-Quest-II-300x156.jpg.pag
Want to write reviews of iPhone and XBLIG's and get FREE games for doing so? We are looking for writers! Go HERE.

Sign up for Shopkick and get free Best Buy and Target gift cards for free! Sign up through here (referral) for 50 bonus kicks!

#53 my2k2zx2

my2k2zx2

Molly, Rockin the Doggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:08 PM

Havent seen anything on clearance on our last 2 trips.
If its free, its for me!!

#54 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:17 PM

It also seems the older/more established a target is, the less clearance it has. Like they figure out the local trends better over time and adjust ordering accordingly. Still plenty of good clearance at two of the newer targets in my area - the past 6-8 months I've had some of the best (non video game) pickups I've had in years.

#55 grundy

grundy

Whatevr a spider can

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:23 PM

Saw this also along with:
PS Vita Fifa 13
PS3 Rachet and Clank 9.xx
360 GTA Liberty City Episodes 13.xx

I left with nothing but glad to see games on the clearance rack again.

Which Ratchet and Clank?

Currently playing:
:360: nothing
:3ds: nothing
:pc: nothing
:ps3: Killzone HD

#56 Lonedrifter1989

Lonedrifter1989

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:23 PM

So I only found a few things yesterday when I was in, not really anything too amazing, but here goes.

207-00-1106 XBOX Kinect Mount (clip) $9.98 from $19.99

Transformers: Dark of the moon Bluray 3D/Bluray/DVD/Digital Copy (I think? Don't have a # for this one) AS-IS (but looked fine) $9.06

057-01-0209 Phillips Action Fit Headphones for $49.98 from $99.99

008-04-0666 Hello Kitty Alarm Clock (Projection?) $8.98 from $29.99, a lot in stock.

008-04-6660 Hello Kitty Alarm Clock $4.48 from $14.99, a lot in stock.

I guess if you believe in superstitions then Hello kitty is evil with 666 in each SKU, lol.

but that's about it besides what was already mentioned, hugo and things like that, unless you want a bunch of iphone cases only for iphone 5 or ipad/kindle cases.

Edited by Lonedrifter1989, 22 February 2013 - 04:24 PM.
apparently with the transformers name it close to make a smile face instead of the : and D

#57 dark_inchworm

dark_inchworm

Oyasuminasai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:25 PM

Which Ratchet and Clank?

Probably Ratchet & Clank All 4 One, which I managed to snag for 9.98 a few nights ago. I wanted to wait for 70% but didn't figure the two copies left were gonna make it. In addition, even though I HATE that this square is on the insert itself and not a sticker on the plastic wrap, it includes a hopefully-still-valid voucher for R&C Quest for Booty, "A $15 Value!" and "Target Exclusive!" according to the case.

Also scored Hugo on Blu-ray for $8.98 the other day; the girlfriend was pleased with this one.

Also, thanks for adopting the thread Kovorkian. Look at our baby Target Clearance thread, moving up in the world ;)

Looking to sell codes for The Gunstringer and Fruit Ninja Kinect, together or separately. Message me with your offer.

Stream KMFDM's new album KUNST in its entirety here!

#58 Kovorkian

Kovorkian

Judoka on a CAG Hiatus due to new job

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:40 PM

Probably Ratchet & Clank All 4 One, which I managed to snag for 9.98 a few nights ago. I wanted to wait for 70% but didn't figure the two copies left were gonna make it. In addition, even though I HATE that this square is on the insert itself and not a sticker on the plastic wrap, it includes a hopefully-still-valid voucher for R&C Quest for Booty, "A $15 Value!" and "Target Exclusive!" according to the case.

Also scored Hugo on Blu-ray for $8.98 the other day; the girlfriend was pleased with this one.

Also, thanks for adopting the thread Kovorkian. Look at our baby Target Clearance thread, moving up in the world ;)

Mine didn't come with a code for quest for booty >.> although mine was a wal-mart black friday pick up

Tradelist   (mostly Nintendo / Sony)  

May DealSeeker continue to guide us through dark voids, lead us not into tempting terrible deals, and deliver us from EA.

gallery_474050_8161_75125.jpg

Designed by Lilchiji

#59 thegame85

thegame85

Spicy Curry #30

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:10 PM

The voucher expired on 12/31/12.

#60 dark_inchworm

dark_inchworm

Oyasuminasai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:43 PM

Mine didn't come with a code for quest for booty >.> although mine was a wal-mart black friday pick up

It's a Target exclusive thing, apparently.

The voucher expired on 12/31/12.

Well, crap. Think getting in touch with Sony would get me anywhere? I only bought a PS3 this last Black Friday, so I'm not familiar with the viability or lack thereof in this situation.

Looking to sell codes for The Gunstringer and Fruit Ninja Kinect, together or separately. Message me with your offer.

Stream KMFDM's new album KUNST in its entirety here!