* * * * * 10 votes

Target Clearance Thread XXI (YMMV) [euthanised]

target clearance

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4046 replies to this topic

#1951 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 22 June 2013 - 11:16 PM

Today is the last day since the ad ends today. My local ad paper doest show a $10 off promo for Disney games. Does it work with Skylanders though?

Just looked at the ad and it ended last week because last week it was any game over $40 (regular price).

3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif   :pc: Shadowrun Returns :-?   :wiiu: Mario Kart 8 :hot: Wind Waker HD

Finished Games - Recently Completed: :ps4: MLB 14 The Show 33w7311.png
EldritchOnRye.pngCinnabarSin.png

Trade List - H: MK8 Promo Game Choice

#1952 fortunado

fortunado

Mathematical!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2013 - 12:51 AM

Where are all these magical Target stores with clearance inventory?  Cuz at all my local Targets ...

f00q.jpg

ach.png

#1953 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 23 June 2013 - 01:29 AM

Where are all these magical Target stores with clearance inventory?  Cuz at all my local Targets ...

It seems to be feast and famine generally; that and a lot of people who do nothing but flip are really swift on clearing them out.

3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif   :pc: Shadowrun Returns :-?   :wiiu: Mario Kart 8 :hot: Wind Waker HD

#1954 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 24 June 2013 - 06:15 AM

Went to two Targets today. They both had the Original Skylanders Starter pack with the game, portal, and figures. It was clearanced. One had it marked for $40 but rang up for $20 and one had it marked for $35 and rang up for that. I tried to get the $30 off to work on it to get it free, but it only works on the Giants Starter Pack, or so they told me. Anybody had it done differently?

Unless you get a dumb manager that's willing to manually override it I doubt you'll get it to work with with the non-Giants starter since the promotion from two weeks ago was generic and solely dependent on starting price where this one specifies Giants starter kits.  Those still should go down to $11 with the card and price match to TRU at least.

#1955 TheHelix

TheHelix

Posted 24 June 2013 - 06:23 AM

I got cheese manicotti tv dinners for 26 cents

#1956 tokyostomp

tokyostomp

Official Member

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2013 - 08:20 PM

Saw a BLOPS 2 Care Package for PS3 in Hawthorne. CA.

I was kind of surprised to see it. Scanned it hoping it was not in system or was a crazy clearance price.

It rang up at 179.99

#1957 Ravensfan93

Ravensfan93

Posted 24 June 2013 - 08:25 PM

I got cheese manicotti tv dinners for 26 cents

Jealous as hell.

#1958 Link2999

Link2999

Demon Lord

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:23 PM

I got :wii: Skylanders Giants Portal Owner's Pack $17.98.

I found the :ps3: Skylanders Giants Portal Owner's Pack for $17.98. The $10 McDonalds coupon worked on it. The guy at the register had trouble applying it for a second, but got it to work (I noticed after that the coupon says for "Starter Packs only" so YMMV) and walked out with it for $7.98. This was the New Britan, CT store and they had 3 left.

#1959 Agent Hero

Agent Hero

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:18 AM

Didn't Target clearance all of their Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Silver stock a while back?  I was in a store today that had two new copies of Heart Gold priced at $39.99--which is fairly decent compared to Amazon prices.  I looked HG up on Target's site and saw a few other stores in the area had it as well.  El Hoardo isn't alive inside me enough to visit every one and clear them out, but others may find it worth their time since it's not a horrible price.

#1960 Invicta 61

Invicta 61

Gabagool, Provalone and vinegar peppers

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2013 - 03:22 AM

Didn't Target clearance all of their Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Silver stock a while back?  I was in a store today that had two new copies of Heart Gold priced at $39.99--which is fairly decent compared to Amazon prices.  I looked HG up on Target's site and saw a few other stores in the area had it as well.  El Hoardo isn't alive inside me enough to visit every one and clear them out, but others may find it worth their time since it's not a horrible price.

The local store still has HG at $40.  Passed on it at Sears clearance over a year ago at $25, the cheap ass in me is just not willing to pay more than $15.

Bah weep granah weep nini bong.

And now I present Kate Upton doing the Cat Daddy:

Spoiler

#1961 jmarano7836

jmarano7836

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2013 - 05:55 AM

I'm trying to find additional info about the B2G1 coupon, as i actually received one when picking up the skylanders pack the other week, but the YMMV thread is mia both by website search and google. So someone hinted at it marking down the highest video game when rung up!?!? Thanks in advance and I did go through pages to find out myself before posting, but couldn't find much more info.
Rule#2: Double-Tap :twoguns: :

#1962 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 30 June 2013 - 06:18 AM

I'm trying to find additional info about the B2G1 coupon, as i actually received one when picking up the skylanders pack the other week, but the YMMV thread is mia both by website search and google. So someone hinted at it marking down the highest video game when rung up!?!? Thanks in advance and I did go through pages to find out myself before posting, but couldn't find much more info.

That's correct as far as what the OP of the thread stated and I believe was verified by others.  They were getting cheap games, either that they wanted or to return, than snagged a full priced game which came up for free.  If they happen to have changed it, which I doubt since it's Target and they're still letting people get free games with price matches weeks later, just tell them you changed your mind at the last moment and make sure to get the coupon back.

#1963 Burning Karma

Burning Karma

Shepherd of Fire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2013 - 03:07 PM

That's correct as far as what the OP of the thread stated and I believe was verified by others.  They were getting cheap games, either that they wanted or to return, than snagged a full priced game which came up for free.  If they happen to have changed it, which I doubt since it's Target and they're still letting people get free games with price matches weeks later, just tell them you changed your mind at the last moment and make sure to get the coupon back.

It was still happening as of Tuesday of last week.

Twitter | Last.fm
Burning%20Karma.jpg

Let the water flow with shades of red now

Arrows black out all the light
Death is riding into town with armor

They've come to grant you your rights

#1964 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 01 July 2013 - 04:29 PM

It was still happening as of Tuesday of last week.

Yeah I don't really expect them to change how an already issued coupon works after the fact, again it's Target, was just giving him the worst case scenario.

#1965 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2013 - 05:05 PM

Soul Silver was $11.98. Every time I checked Heart Gold it was $39.xx. Somebody bought those bishes! They must have dropped. They were there hidden in the glass case, behind some other games, for a 1,000 years. Probably was an employee stalking them. They were in sight in their own slot, then placed behind other games, then bought or whatever.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#1966 Guest_ChallengeEverything_*

Guest_ChallengeEverything_*

Posted 02 July 2013 - 03:07 AM

Long time lurker, just decided to register a few days ago.

I don't know if it's been mentioned or not yet, but  the Playstation 3 version of Street Fighter X Tekken is $5.98, at least at one of my local Target stores it is.

#1967 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 02 July 2013 - 03:13 AM

Long time lurker, just decided to register a few days ago.

I don't know if it's been mentioned or not yet, but  the Playstation 3 version of Street Fighter X Tekken is $5.98, at least at one of my local Target stores it is.

i believe that is a new low, was $8.98 previously at some locations.

#1968 ScorpioKyle

ScorpioKyle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 03:42 AM

I was all disappointed, found some 3ds RE Revelations on the shelf, they had sold out of their clearance copies a few weeks ago. Scanned a copy and it was 19.99. Oh well.

#1969 ritchardf

ritchardf

add ritchardf on psn and xbox live

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 01:42 PM

I was all disappointed, found some 3ds RE Revelations on the shelf, they had sold out of their clearance copies a few weeks ago. Scanned a copy and it was 19.99. Oh well.

i noticed the same thing at my target, pissed me off, i had thought i actually found a deal. also the area for the value games is on the complete other side of electronics, in the back corner. i imagine they dont sell too many of them back there. i would think they would sell better, oh i dont know, somewhere near other video games?

#1970 OptimusRhyme

OptimusRhyme

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 02:57 PM

Is anyone familiar with new target locations if they receive clearance items from surrounding stores? I have one opening up literally down the road from me was curious.

#1971 dorkyden

dorkyden

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 03:23 PM

no target expert here but i doubt they will junk up a new store with crap that other store cant sell. 

Join Perk and make easy Amazon credit 

Join Swagbucks and get up to $5 Amazon credit every 9 days! 

#1972 electraheart

electraheart

Are you faux real?

• CAG in Training

Posted 02 July 2013 - 04:17 PM

I looked through the clearance section at my store and all the older video game strategy guides are going as is. I saw Diablo 3 and Mario Party 8 off the top of my head. No good video games recently ;____; 

#1973 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 02 July 2013 - 04:40 PM

Is anyone familiar with new target locations if they receive clearance items from surrounding stores? I have one opening up literally down the road from me was curious.

Nope, as I understand it Target clearance doesn't move from place to place, it's based on what corporate says is clearancing and how much overage was purchased by the individual store.

That said, it won't take long for clearance to start showing up at your store - they're the most fun when they're first opening up because the people that do the purchasing don't understand the area very well yet.  I find that it actually gets worse over time instead of better.

#1974 inky1600

inky1600

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:12 PM

Nope, as I understand it Target clearance doesn't move from place to place, it's based on what corporate says is clearancing and how much overage was purchased by the individual store.

That said, it won't take long for clearance to start showing up at your store - they're the most fun when they're first opening up because the people that do the purchasing don't understand the area very well yet.  I find that it actually gets worse over time instead of better.

That's interesting because I went to a target location over the weekend that had to have 60+ copies of Epic Mickey wii for $9.98 and not a single other game on clearance....not 1! How could that individual store have overordered so many?

#1975 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:16 PM

That's interesting because I went to a target location over the weekend that had to have 60+ copies of Epic Mickey wii for $9.98 and not a single other game on clearance....not 1! How could that individual store have overordered so many?

Target red shirt with ornate Pluto / Donald Duck tattoo slowly and quietly backs out of the room

#1976 David Hibiki

David Hibiki

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:37 PM

My Target (Manchester, CT) also brought RE Revelations to the budget lineup, scans $20.

RIP Target Clearance... for awhile anyways. Maybe another big push before the big two come out?

#1977 VexxedCS

VexxedCS

Dirty Nihilist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:17 PM

I would think so.  They've gotta make room for two new console sections plus all the holiday releases on the current consoles. 

#1978 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2013 - 12:00 AM

I thin ive found out why a lot of people havent been seeing anything on clearance at their stores for a while. Around here its been a wasteland. Just the occasional shovelware, no real game clearances for a long time. I have been keeping an eye on 2 stores that some some Kingdoms of Amular after reading that they were on clearance. I checked for weeks, still 19.99, marked discontinued, but not clearance. Well last week i went in to check and the games were gone. I asked if they had been marked down and they checked... nope. They were sitting in the back at 19.99 still. When i inquired as to when they would be marked down i was told they would most likely not. That theres a policy where they are supposed to keep discontinued games on hand to fill empy holes as needed,.. but not at clearance prices o_O This seems retarded to me but i was told the same thing at the second store i checked that had them missing too

Actualy the 2nd store said that its supposed to go clearance>discontinued>backroom. ANd that they were confused since the game never seemed to hit the clearance stage. Does anyone know the Target clearance process? This seems strange to me.

My massive game collection list: (work in progress, pain in the butt getting it all entered)
\-Clicky Here-\

#1979 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 03 July 2013 - 12:16 AM

I've also been to a couple stores in the last month where they had that full end cap of seemingly random games that they couldn't fit in the cases anymore, all unmarked and all at full price.

#1980 tokyostomp

tokyostomp

Official Member

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:36 PM

I found a couple of GTA5 Viewfinders for a penny each