target clearance

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4046 replies to this topic

#2071 loserwatcher

loserwatcher

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2013 - 10:47 PM

Just came from target and nabbed a Gears bundle! The Star wars bundle is 179.98 also. For those that want the Gears Xbox DPCI: 207 21 0018

#2072 Hollywood

Hollywood

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:01 PM

Probably mentioned, but Modern Warfare LE 360 system bundles went 50% off to $150 today. Had 8 in, 2 people bought them just on my slow shift. Was considering it, even with 15% off of that, still didn't want it lol.

#2073 LLeopardGGecko

LLeopardGGecko

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:08 PM

How accurate is the stock checker for these clearance consoles? It's saying there are none in my area.

#2074 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:33 PM

Just came from target and nabbed a Gears bundle! The Star wars bundle is 179.98 also. For those that want the Gears Xbox DPCI: 207 21 0018

Man, I'd love to pick up a second SW bundle for that price!  

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#2075 dkaz2389

dkaz2389

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:06 AM

Hey can someone post the DPCI # for the Xbox 360 Star Wars system bundle and the Xbox 360 Call of Duty system bundle. It would be greatly appreciated!!

#2076 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:40 AM

How accurate is the stock checker for these clearance consoles? It's saying there are none in my area.

If it says none that's usually what you'll find in my experience with Target.

3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif   :pc: Shadowrun Returns :-?   :wiiu: Mario Kart 8 :hot: Wind Waker HD

Finished Games - Recently Completed: :ps4: MLB 14 The Show 33w7311.png
EldritchOnRye.pngCinnabarSin.png

#2077 Hollywood

Hollywood

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:50 AM

Basically what the PDAs show at work. If there are zero, that's what it is. Limited stock is 50/50 depending on what it is. There may not be any, due to it being a display, a delayed update someone else purchased, or a mis-scan at some point.

#2078 27526343157187946075

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:35 AM

Try buying (or at least ringing up) random, various toys.  That's how I've gotten mine. 

How many coupons have you received this way?

#2079 Hemi

Hemi

One with the never-ending backlog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2013 - 11:18 AM

Star Wars Kinect Bundle http://m.target.com/fiats/t-13717122
Modern Warfare 3 Bundle http://m.target.com/fiats/t-13797812

#2080 Captain Wrong

Captain Wrong

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:15 PM

Star Wars bundle is $244.xx at my store. Bummer.

#2081 ritchardf

ritchardf

add ritchardf on psn and xbox live

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:21 PM

Maybe, that's the problem in that no one knows.  Some people have gotten it buying video games, some have gotten it buying toys, some have gotten it buying food, etc.

the reason you cant pinpoint one thing that triggers the coupon is because its based on your shopping history at target. they have everything you've ever bought at target tracked based on your photo taken at checkout and cross referenced with your method of payment. 

#2082 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:00 PM

the reason you cant pinpoint one thing that triggers the coupon is because its based on your shopping history at target. they have everything you've ever bought at target tracked based on your photo taken at checkout and cross referenced with your method of payment. 

Where did you hear this about a photo being taken?  Because I'm pretty sure that is illegal for the purpose you are claiming.

It's common knowledge about the shopping habits being linked to your credit/debit card though.  But, as other people have stated, the coupons print while your items are being scanned, not when you pay, so there is no way of them knowing your shopping habits until you swipe your card.  That's what makes this coupon 100% random.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#2083 nixmahn

nixmahn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:43 PM

any CAG spot a new PS3 160 (made in 2010) or new PS3 250 GB Toy story 3 bundle (made in 2010) - sticker at the bottom of the box for clearance. Please contact me and we can work something out.

I have 120 in PAYpal and more in Amazon/BB/Walmart GC + tons of game swag for trade(gold nunchuck/Square enix ultimate prize) CML.

I will pay sales cost with 120 in paypal and supplement the rest with Amazon/BB/Walmart GC. I will also ship out all last 3 years of the Square Enix ultimate prizes.

#2084 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:45 PM

That's a kind of random extremely paranoid idea.

3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif   :pc: Shadowrun Returns :-?   :wiiu: Mario Kart 8 :hot: Wind Waker HD

#2085 dei

dei

CAG on Training Wheels

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:54 PM

I checked out 3 stores here in Tampa yesterday. Saw only 1 Wii at one store. Asked employees at 2 of the stores, one said they "never clearance systems". The other said they found they had a stack of 11 of the Toy Story bundles in the back and that they sold out in about half an hour at $100 on Monday.

#2086 breakfuss

breakfuss

Pam Oliver Sex Tape

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2013 - 03:42 PM

I checked out 3 stores here in Tampa yesterday. Saw only 1 Wii at one store. Asked employees at 2 of the stores, one said they "never clearance systems". The other said they found they had a stack of 11 of the Toy Story bundles in the back and that they sold out in about half an hour at $100 on Monday.

Man, I gave up on our area a long time ago, lol. We literally have a million targets, and I've only bought one or two clearanced games in the last 4 months. I don't know when and why clearances dried up here, but it hasn't been the same for a very long time. Maybe there are a lot CAGs or scrupulous shoppers vying for the same stuff. "El Hoardo" maybe (although, personally, I've never seen one)?

Currently Playing:

:ps4: Transistor

:wiiu: SOON...

Add Me:

Lastfm: breakfuss; 3DS: 1134-7633-5998

#2087 salty tbone

salty tbone

Flipmode Squad

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:26 PM

It's common knowledge about the shopping habits being linked to your credit/debit card though. But, as other people have stated, the coupons print while your items are being scanned, not when you pay, so there is no way of them knowing your shopping habits until you swipe your card. That's what makes this coupon 100% random.

I tested that just now and coupons printed after I swiped my Red Card. Usually I swipe while things are being scanned cause I'm an impatient SOB. I'm not saying the coupon isn't random but usually the coupons I get at target are uncanny specific to my shopping habits.
[URL="http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/goozexprofile.asp?id=558134175419"][/URL]

#2088 fuze9

fuze9

piddle patrol, assemble!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:35 PM

My local store (Van Nuys, CA) had both Gears 3 and Modern Warfare 3 Xbox 360 bundles on clearance for $209. Tempting, but still too high for an impulse buy. 

#2089 edavis0780

edavis0780

Disbarred! STFUJT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:03 PM

My target still has the gigantic pile of games that should have been put into the clearance cycle piling up on the endcap.  (I posted about this a few weeks ago).  The pile has grown in size and now includes guides.  YES, I did scan the games and the guides.  The guides come up item not found - when I asked an employee for help, she scanned them at a register and claimed they came up msrp (29.99, etc.)

I'll take a picture of this disaster and post it later.  (Assuming I can figure out how to do that).

Are you talking about the store on Imperial in La Habra? Did they add any games? Are there any more copies of Animal Crossing? Thanks!

Posted Image

"I am a one-man violent video game wrecking crew"

"I love the smell of burning gamers in the morning."

"These flowers were sent to harass me."

"Nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you're a hit man or a video gamer."

-Jack Thompson

Without Jack Thompson, wikiquotes just wouldn't be the same.

#2090 ritchardf

ritchardf

add ritchardf on psn and xbox live

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:16 PM

That's a kind of random extremely paranoid idea.

its not an idea, its a fact. and this was from over 10 years ago when i used to work at a target. they let all the employees go into the security office and let us see how it worked. havent you ever noticed the pictures shown on the news when someone is stealing credit cards, debit cards, etc. they are always from right above the checkout lane. 2 cameras above each checklane, 1 watching the register 1 on the person buying. even back then were working on facial recognition as you walked into the store to identify past shoplifters as they walk in the store. there is alot of money in loss prevention. as for the legality there is a tv with a sign on it, or at least a sign above you  when you walk into every target that states CCTV is in use, you keep going in you accept they are tracking you.

#2091 breakfuss

breakfuss

Pam Oliver Sex Tape

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:29 PM

its not an idea, its a fact. and this was from over 10 years ago when i used to work at a target. they let all the employees go into the security office and let us see how it worked. havent you ever noticed the pictures shown on the news when someone is stealing credit cards, debit cards, etc. they are always from right above the checkout lane. 2 cameras above each checklane, 1 watching the register 1 on the person buying. even back then were working on facial recognition as you walked into the store to identify past shoplifters as they walk in the store. there is alot of money in loss prevention. as for the legality there is a tv with a sign on it, or at least a sign above you  when you walk into every target that states CCTV is in use, you keep going in you accept they are tracking you.

What? So, you're saying they also use security footage for marketing purposes?

Currently Playing:

:ps4: Transistor

:wiiu: SOON...

Add Me:

Lastfm: breakfuss; 3DS: 1134-7633-5998

#2092 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:37 PM

From Target.com:

In-Store Cameras

We use in-store cameras, primarily for security purposes, and also for operational purposes, such as measuring traffic patterns and tracking in-stock levels

Monitoring shoplifters and traffic patterns =/= customer directed marketing as you are suggesting.  Such a thing would have to be disclosed otherwise Target would face some major lawsuits for violation of privacy.

#2093 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:21 PM

All stores have cameras pointed at the registers to prevent employee theft and credit card fraud.  You're insane if you think Target has some vast central super computer connected to every store that tracks however many millions of people shop at their stores, has their faces and can instantly print coupons.  There's a reason that almost every store now has a loyalty card of some sort because that is how they track us.  They don't need to do the crazy conspiracy level stuff because we happily hand that information over on our own for a pittance.

#2094 bug_nuts

bug_nuts

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2013 - 08:01 PM

All stores have cameras pointed at the registers to prevent employee theft and credit card fraud.  You're insane if you think Target has some vast central super computer connected to every store that tracks however many millions of people shop at their stores, has their faces and can instantly print coupons.  There's a reason that almost every store now has a loyalty card of some sort because that is how they track us.  They don't need to do the crazy conspiracy level stuff because we happily hand that information over on our own for a pittance.

Many stores have counts via camera, when i worked for apple retail they had stats from every day, they would not allow us to stand too close to the doors as it would mess up their count........ counting amount of people that enter a store is not that crazy of a process. Tracking WHO that person is might be a little different story

----------------------------------------
How bout we just post when it will benefit the greater community.. i mean most of the stuff is funny but not helpful... thanks for your support

#2095 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2013 - 08:41 PM

Less conspiracy talk, more clearance item talk. :)

MLIFTgM.gif

#2096 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 10 July 2013 - 09:56 PM

Saw a boatload of MW3 and Gears 3 bundles for $150 today as expected (probably 10+ of each).  Also saw regular 250gb 360 slim bundles (with Forza and something else maybe?) AS IS for ~$209.  It'll be fun to watch people play the willpower game to see if they drop again.  

#2097 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 10 July 2013 - 11:13 PM

Many stores have counts via camera, when i worked for apple retail they had stats from every day, they would not allow us to stand too close to the doors as it would mess up their count........ counting amount of people that enter a store is not that crazy of a process. Tracking WHO that person is might be a little different story

Yeah, BBY and presumably most other stores do that as well.  Maybe that's where the eye in the sky tags us or maybe they just sic the Target satellite on us the moment we leave our house and beam radio waves into our heads that make us want to go check the clearance end cap again.

#2098 tokyostomp

tokyostomp

E3 @tokyostomp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2013 - 11:28 PM

Yeah, BBY and presumably most other stores do that as well.  Maybe that's where the eye in the sky tags us or maybe they just sic the Target satellite on us the moment we leave our house and beam radio waves into our heads that make us want to go check the clearance end cap again.

They have a counter at the entrance of the store. It tallys how many people walk in. If you ever notice, the employees/vendors/store personnel always enter the store through the exit doors. It's some sort or IR beam that gets broken every time someone enters the store.

#2099 tokyostomp

tokyostomp

E3 @tokyostomp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2013 - 11:32 PM

Are you talking about the store on Imperial in La Habra? Did they add any games? Are there any more copies of Animal Crossing? Thanks!

I was at that store yesterday. I didn't even see a clearance section in electronics. I did snag some clearance Vita headphones and Game Case at the Best Buy down the street though

#2100 TylerDurden313

TylerDurden313

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2013 - 11:48 PM

Star Wars Kinect Bundle http://m.target.com/fiats/t-13717122
Modern Warfare 3 Bundle http://m.target.com/fiats/t-13797812

Damn..nothing at the dearborn heights or taylor MI locations