4046 replies to this topic

#241 SmokeMaxX

SmokeMaxX

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2013 - 05:37 AM

I... That's...

:dunce:

Sorry bud. I'm not familiar with Soul Silver. My gf has Black and I have most of the older games. I guess I just skipped SS. It seems like an old game, that's why I'm wondering if it's a good value.

#242 WolfmanASTN

WolfmanASTN

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2013 - 05:40 AM

Sorry bud. I'm not familiar with Soul Silver. My gf has Black and I have most of the older games. I guess I just skipped SS. It seems like an old game, that's why I'm wondering if it's a good value.

Soul Silver is an updated/remade version of Silver, which was what came out after Red/Blue/Yellow

#243 Fukurou

Fukurou

Posted 09 March 2013 - 05:43 AM

Oh, no worries, that was just a little joke. Anyway, Pokemon games, much like all first party Nintendo games retain their MSRP for many years. SoulSilver came out years ago, and yet it still sells for $40.
The Silent Owl always gets his mark. Chapapa.

#244 SmokeMaxX

SmokeMaxX

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2013 - 05:48 AM

Oh, no worries, that was just a little joke. Anyway, Pokemon games, much like all first party Nintendo games retain their MSRP for many years. SoulSilver came out years ago, and yet it still sells for $40.

Gotcha. I'll roll the dice on it haha. I saw one poor guy try to trade in SMG (Nintendo Select version) to Best Buy. I told him he'd only get $2 after 100% bonus and he got furious and left lol. But yeah Nintendo doesn't like to have sales on their games so I can see that their MSRP values are retained. Thanks for the info :)

#245 Sonne

Sonne

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:31 AM

Something tells me I'm going to find out that the Tomb Raider 360 controller is on clearance for $22 somewhere in Indiana or something, and I'm gonna be upset that it's not down here.

#246 bug_nuts

bug_nuts

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2013 - 07:46 AM

the psn cards like all gift cards need to be activated at the register... if they scan the AS-Is pricing it will not prompt to scan the serial... they should scan the normal UPC, scan the serial then override the price
----------------------------------------
How bout we just post when it will benefit the greater community.. i mean most of the stuff is funny but not helpful... thanks for your support

#247 PlayableMoogle

PlayableMoogle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2013 - 02:12 PM

Picked up three copies of Silver yesterday at 11.98 per. They were still in the standard game display cases, so no spider-web, and they don't have stickers, either. I'm feeling pretty good about it. Landed a copy of Tekken Tag Tournament 2 for the Wii U, for good measure.

#248 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2013 - 02:33 PM

ahhh good ol soul silver, that game made my childhood memories come back lol. after i played soul silver using the three starters for three seperate playthroughs i offically retired from pokemon games. good memories :)
Currently playing
:ps4: murdered soul suspect, the transistor, contrast, resogun, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: wonderfull 101

games recently beaten: :ps4: watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, knack : :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#249 Lonedrifter1989

Lonedrifter1989

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2013 - 05:55 PM

ahhh good ol soul silver, that game made my childhood memories come back lol. after i played soul silver using the three starters for three seperate playthroughs i offically retired from pokemon games. good memories :)

hopefully you transferred pokemon somewhere to keep the pokedex building, lol. would be sweet if you could upload them other than trading, if your friends don't play then you need 2 ds' or to borrow one.

#250 CozmoKhan

CozmoKhan

Go Blackhawks!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2013 - 11:40 PM

Ace Combat Assault Horizon PS3 ... $4.54

#251 Nintendonly

Nintendonly

feck this shat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:54 AM

Where the Fuck do you people live because the Targets in my area don't clearance out shit.

Currently playing:

icon_snes.gif- Nothing, 11m9gn4.png- Nothing
:3ds:- Monster Rancher Advance 2, :psp:- Nothing
:ps3:- Nothing, atari_jaguar.png- Elansar, Pippin01.gif- Super Marathon
Wii_U_platform_icon.png- Ducktales Remastered, 20g0cxd.png- Nothing

#252 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2013 - 01:06 AM

Where the Fuck do you people live because the Targets in my area don't clearance out shit.

It depends on how good the team leaders are. Ideally Target doesn't want a lot of clearance. Some stuff can't be helped (seasonal items) but if you do your research correctly, don't over order, etc, you shouldn't have hardly any clearance.

Selling GTA V and Ghosts Steel book for $10 and the GTA hat for $15

Deader2818.png

#253 Nintendonly

Nintendonly

feck this shat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2013 - 01:29 AM

It depends on how good the team leaders are. Ideally Target doesn't want a lot of clearance. Some stuff can't be helped (seasonal items) but if you do your research correctly, don't over order, etc, you shouldn't have hardly any clearance.

In other words, the reason why there are so many clearances at those Targets is because their managers suck at managing.

Currently playing:

#254 SmokeMaxX

SmokeMaxX

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2013 - 01:32 AM

In other words, the reason why there are so many clearances at those Targets is because their managers suck at managing.

Not really. You can order 1 copy of a game but if noone wants to buy it at regular price or sales prices, then you have to clearance it to get rid of it.

#255 Nintendonly

Nintendonly

feck this shat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2013 - 01:38 AM

Not really. You can order 1 copy of a game but if noone wants to buy it at regular price or sales prices, then you have to clearance it to get rid of it.

So it makes sense for them to sell the games at NEGATIVE percent profit?

Currently playing:

#256 SmokeMaxX

SmokeMaxX

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2013 - 01:41 AM

So it makes sense for them to sell the games at NEGATIVE percent profit?

If it clears up space for them to sell items at positive percent product, then yes. It's better to lose a couple of bucks on a game now than hold out on it and lose the full value later. DS games won't retain their value for a long time if they even have value still. Neither will NBA2k12 or Call of Duty 3.

#257 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2013 - 02:13 AM

I guess business practice goes over your head.

Deader2818.png

#258 CAGMoose

CAGMoose

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2013 - 04:07 AM

I guess business practice goes over your head.

I think the argument is that good managers can anticipate demand. I'd agree with such a statement.

#259 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 10 March 2013 - 04:10 AM

I have a theory that there's a weird global balance - there's more Target clearance in places where there's less Kmart/Sears clearance.

But I have noticed that (at least around here) the longer a store is open, the less clearance they have in a given year (and presumably that means that they get better at knowing their area and ordering more accurately to avoid clearance leftovers). But also, suck at managing.

#260 SmokeMaxX

SmokeMaxX

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2013 - 04:13 AM

This whole argument is ridiculous. Nobody can look into the future. If every big store only had what it knew it would sell, then most stores would be half their size. Businesses take into account risks with profit margins and total inventory selection. It's obvious that many of these stores don't lose money even if they sell one item at half price.

#261 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2013 - 04:29 AM

You will always have clearance. You can take a lot of steps to limit the amount of clearance you have. Instead of having 20 Pokemon SoulSilvers, you will only have 1 or 2 because you did the proper work involved to limit your amount of overstock.

Deader2818.png

#262 Fukurou

Fukurou

Posted 10 March 2013 - 05:46 AM

Does anybody know why certain things that shouldn't be clearanced are clearanced? Tekken just came out. Why is it clearanced at 70%? And when Spiderman Edge of Time came out, I was able to get a 360 copy for 70% off as well. Not that I'm complaining.

#263 Fukurou

Fukurou

Posted 10 March 2013 - 05:48 AM

This whole argument is ridiculous. Nobody can look into the future. If every big store only had what it knew it would sell, then most stores would be half their size. Businesses take into account risks with profit margins and total inventory selection. It's obvious that many of these stores don't lose money even if they sell one item at half price.

Not to mention, why complain about it? It's good because we get cheap games. It would only benefit people if these stores would double the amount of clearance they have. And no, the stores won't be in trouble financially if they do that.

#264 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2013 - 05:50 AM

System isnt perfect, can have glitches.

In the case of Tekken, with new Wii U games starting to come out now, they might be clearancing out games that aren't moving that well to make room for new titles.

Deader2818.png

#265 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2013 - 05:51 AM

Not to mention, why complain about it? It's good because we get cheap games. It would only benefit people if these stores would double the amount of clearance they have. And no, the stores won't be in trouble financially if they do that.

No one is even complaining. I was only trying to explain why you will see a lot of clearance at some stores, but not at others.

Deader2818.png

#266 domon

domon

Posted 10 March 2013 - 06:25 AM

Got a couple copies of the sims 3d for 2.98. One to give to someone and one in case I buy a 3ds.
This was at the store in cupertino and there were probably about five left.

#267 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2013 - 06:19 PM

:wii u: Tekken Tag Tournament 2 - $17.98
:360: 10 out of 10 Game of the Year Edition - $20.98
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#268 An Orange Cat

An Orange Cat

Pet My Fur

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 05:24 PM

A coworker of mine picked up a blue skylanders wii console for 100 bucks yesterday. He said they had a pile on an endcap. I didn't see it myself so I don't know if it had a clearance sticker on it, but either way that's a good price. I might stop by tonight.

#269 mrlumpy

mrlumpy

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:19 PM

I bit on a copy of Gunstringer for $11.98 yesterday. Not a bad deal!

#270 Cocojames333

Cocojames333

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:30 PM

I bit on a copy of Gunstringer for $11.98 yesterday. Not a bad deal!

Just don't tell us when you return it tomorrow because you don't get any responses agreeing with you. :)