Diablo III - Out NOW on PS3, coming to PS4

SynGamer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
66 (100%)
SppVrwu.png

GameStop pre-order bonuses:

Pre-order Diablo III for PlayStation 3 and receive the Infernal Helm!
Players who preorder the PlayStation 3 version of Diablo III will receive an exclusive in-game items:
The Infernal Helm, which grants an experience point boost to any character who wears it, accelerating their progression as they rise in power.
Players will also get the following items:
"Angelic Wings" - Taunt the forces of the Burning Hells by sprouting a cosmetic pair of glowing angel wings
"Bottled Cloud Dye" - Dye your armor sets a cloudy white with this heavenly dye
"Bottled Smoke Dye" - Dye your armor sets an eerie smoky black with this sinister dye

Pre-Order Diablo III for the PlayStation 3 and receive GameStop exclusive double sided Diablo III poster!
Online/In-Store Pickup Customers: Please print your order confirmation page and bring it to your local store to receive your poster. To ensure product is available, it is best to call your local store ahead of time. 

Pre-order Diablo III for PlayStation 3 and receive five additional PS3-exclusive in-game items!
Players who preorder the PlayStation 3 version of Diablo III will receive an exclusive in-game items:
"The Hero's Journey" - A Legendary shoulder item that includes a "Journey" style scarf
"Drake's Amulet" - A Legendary amulet that bears a striking resemblance to the ring that Drake wears around his neck in Uncharted
"Leoric's Gauntlets" - These Legendary gloves summon a ghostly skeleton to fight for you
"Crimson Angelic Wings" - This cosmetic enhancement calls forth a set of red Angelic Wings
"Leah's Ring" - A Legendary ring, originally given to Leah by Deckard Cain, that's usable at level 1 and provides bonuses to Magic Find and Gold Find
sgldYE5.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dua6t30Uwpc

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone care? Serious question. I can't imagine anyone was holding out for a console release and avid fans came, saw, and 'bawwed'.

Wonder how much it will cost be because who really wants to buy new games for old console when they just announced new console and you will have to buy new games again LOL!

Game was disappointing on the PC so not really looking forward to it unless its a 20.00 PSN game, but its blizzard/activision so it will probably go for full price. I'm sure some people will enjoy it though, but I stopped playing it half a year ago.

Now Torchlight 2 would be a welcome addition, that game is awesome.

[quote name='SynGamer']Wrong. I'm looking forward to this. I haven't played it on the PC yet and this will be a welcomed addition.[/QUOTE]
Save your money IMO.

[quote name='SynGamer']Wrong. I'm looking forward to this. I haven't played it on the PC yet and this will be a welcomed addition.[/QUOTE]
Same.

To be honest, I was seriously let down when Metzen announced the game was DIII. I really thought he was going to announce Project Titan. In hindsight, that was foolish of me to think but at the time it made a lot of sense.

I never played the first 2 Diablos before getting Diablo 3. I liked the concept of the series and I was convinced to get it when a couple of other friends said they would too. Fast forward to today, I really regret buying that game. Not even playing with friends (while voice chatting through another program, no less) made this game an enjoyable experience. We really gave it a chance, we were doing 2 hour long loot runs through inferno to get something good either to trade, sell or keep and after weeks of doing this daily we came out pretty much empty handed. Another friend of mine got lots of gold through some websites that were making gold giveaways and bought items far superior to what me and my other friends were able to get in more than a hundred hours of gameplay.

To those interested in the game, don't buy it. The game becomes hostile after reaching level 60 if you don't intend to pour money into the auction house.

[quote name='mrspicytacoman']http://kotaku.com/5985811/diablo-iii-fans-are-not-reacting-well-to-the-games-ps4-announcement

I knew it. Now we know why it sucked.

The wings of titans were clipped by dirty console peasants.[/QUOTE]

Interesting points but completely lacking in historical accuracy. Diablo 1 and 2 were similarly designed. Diablo 1 was ported to the PS1. The Diablo franchise has never had any of the complex mechanics that are commonplace with traditional RPGs or MMOs. That's what made Diablo fun!

I can see how one would come to such a conclusion but the conclusion is quite absurd.

[quote name='Jodou']Save your money IMO.[/QUOTE]
Yeah and buy Torchlight 2 instead. It's $20 (or like $10 on sale), and it runs on a wide array of machines. Torchlight 2 is the better game IMO.

i remember trying to play diablo 1 with a 56k dial up. i think i tried diablo 2 with 56k dial up as well but that didnt fly.

id be willing to give d3 a chance on a console. as i have no desire to game on my lil ole pc.

pc master race is super butt hurt.

diablo 3 was awful it was nothing like diable 2 the type of game diablo 3 hack and slash rpg kind of game is dead. Most people can't stand those type of games anymore. rpg games genu has changed

[quote name='daphatty']I can see how one would come to such a conclusion but the conclusion is quite absurd.[/QUOTE]
You can't ignore the fact that this had to be planned some years ago and had influence though. No matter how much they defend it, fans will always use it as fuel to explain the poor gameplay.

Time for ActivBlizz to tap the console realm now too. Welcome to play to win. Dammit I want my money that is perma-stuck as Blizzbucks from items I sold.

[quote name='antlp89']It would be cool if they ported Torchlight 2 over to consoles.[/QUOTE]
They might on PS4/720 considering the T2 developer said 360/PS3 could not run it due to ram issues.

To all the diablo haters: I'm glad to have company. I hated the first. Tried the second, hated it. Haven't even bothered with the third and will never play it or any other diablo game again.

People got really mad when I told them Diablo 2 sucked. Now it's some ki d of fad to say you hate the games.

I bought D3 for the PC. I played it for like 2-3 hours and never went back. I don't care about a console version of the game.

So is the upcoming console version going to have an always-on internet requirement or was that just a special gift for PC players. It'll be interesting to see how they handle that. If it doesn't require always on internet then it's becoming increasingly clear that decision was for DRM purposes only andnot to "enhance the experience" or whatevetr other garbage line they were spouting trying to justify it.

Stupid and pointless, the game is getting such a bad rap on PC, why even bother porting it to consoles? I'm pretty sure 95% of the people interested in this game already got it for PC and stopped playing it months ago.

I too got really excited, daphatty, when I saw Metzen walk out. I was watching it with a few friends online and we all said "Oh my god, is this going to be Titan?" I then slapped myself and said, no, it's probably Diablo 3.

[quote name='tcrash247']Stupid and pointless, the game is getting such a bad rap on PC, why even bother porting it to consoles? I'm pretty sure 95% of the people interested in this game already got it for PC and stopped playing it months ago.

I too got really excited, daphatty, when I saw Metzen walk out. I was watching it with a few friends online and we all said "Oh my god, is this going to be Titan?" I then slapped myself and said, no, it's probably Diablo 3.[/QUOTE]

This whole thing baffles me. I mean, by the time PS4 comes out this fall Diablo 3 is going to be over 2 years old. A 2 year old port of a PC game, which at this point seemingly has no new content aside from 4 player local? In addition to the fact you eluded to, which is that basically everyone is pissed at Diablo 3 now and how much of a debacle it's turned into.

It's clear that Activision influence has completely permeated all of Blizzard at this point. The fact that they've all but outright stated all work on Diablo 3 is done at this point (hey guys, remember PvP...) is completely un-Blizzard-like. I wouldn't be surprised at all if this is the tipping point of Blizzard shifting their focus to console development and becoming just another fart out an annual release studio.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']This whole thing baffles me. I mean, by the time PS4 comes out this fall Diablo 3 is going to be over 2 years old. A 2 year old port of a PC game, which at this point seemingly has no new content aside from 4 player local? In addition to the fact you eluded to, which is that basically everyone is pissed at Diablo 3 now and how much of a debacle it's turned into.

It's clear that Activision influence has completely permeated all of Blizzard at this point. The fact that they've all but outright stated all work on Diablo 3 is done at this point (hey guys, remember PvP...) is completely un-Blizzard-like. I wouldn't be surprised at all if this is the tipping point of Blizzard shifting their focus to console development and becoming just another fart out an annual release studio.[/QUOTE]
Yeah I wish Blizzard could of signed with Zenimax or something instead of Activision. It seems like Activision is really just trying to destroy Blizzard at this point. I mean who is going to buy Diablo 3 on a console which is going to be a worse UI probably and even if it's the same game, it's still nothing compared to D2.

Hmmm I can't see this as being a fun console game. Isn't it 3/4 view 3rd person like the older Diablo games. I think in this age with games like Oblivion you need to change to 1st person or 3rd person over the shoulder.

[quote name='tcrash247']Stupid and pointless, the game is getting such a bad rap on PC, why even bother porting it to consoles? I'm pretty sure 95% of the people interested in this game already got it for PC and stopped playing it months ago.[/QUOTE]
You have to realize that when these dealings were going down, the game wasn't even out yet. What should have been a mind blown moment was overshadowed by the PC release but what could Sony do? Break it off after entering a partnership with Blizzard? Wasn't going to happen.
[quote name='Indiana']Hmmm I can't see this as being a fun console game. Isn't it 3/4 view 3rd person like the older Diablo games.[/QUOTE]It's isometric view, yes.

[quote name='Jaggsta']Any releases after july for Ps3 are doomed to fail everyone will be saving there money for Ps4 and Ps4 games.[/QUOTE]

Yes, we all remember how nobody bought God of War 2 when it came out. :roll:

[quote name='Jodou']You have to realize that when these dealings were going down, the game wasn't even out yet. What should have been a mind blown moment was overshadowed by the PC release but what could Sony do? Break it off after entering a partnership with Blizzard? Wasn't going to happen.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's true, I didn't think about it like that. It's too bad Blizzard partnered specifically with Sony for this, if it was just a game on all consoles they could have easily cancelled it like Starcraft Ghost.

It'll definitely be nice to see Blizzard take a crack at the interface stuff so that developers like Runic can copy what works. (Torchlight XBLA is a friggin mess in terms of the interface)

edit: Just saw the screenshots with Blizzard's crack at the interface stuff; hopes dashed.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Thomas96']When this game came out I really wanted to try it out. So I'm glad it's on ps4.[/QUOTE]

you will be finding out why it was good for you not to play it. D3 was a big let down for most fans it was same as d3 and did not even look that good.

I decided to pre-order the PSN version because I'm a crazy person with problems so I'll happily let other PC players know how the various differences shake loose. (dynamic theme + goodies + unlocks at midnight:01 PST so I figured what the hell)

The story/plot is just a means to an end:

"Blah, blah evil. Blah, blah a bunch of names and ancient artifacts. Now go kill shit and watch loot fly out." :p

I know this is the PS3 forum, but this also seems to be the only Diablo III thread here. My question is, is there any real difference between the PS3 version and the Xbox 360 version?

I'm guessing that we'll have to wait for a proper comparison in terms of framerate, image quality, tearing and so on but between the content deal and the fact that Blizzard has been showing-off the PS3 version a ton it looks like that's the lead SKU on console.

bread's done
Back