Street Fighter 25th Anniversary Collector's Set (X360) $70 at Amazon

I paid $150 for this and have no regrets. The PS3 version is superior but $70 is a good price for either platform.

Glad this showed up, I just returned a $60 warehouse copy that arrived without the game discs or blu rays.. Ordered.

Only 30,000 of these were made and will ever be made. Might wanna factor that in with deciding to purchase this, guys.

Amen. Still blows my mind this didn't sell as well with the amount of extras included, games inside being secondary. Yet everyone blew their minds over Borderlands 2 Loot Chest.

I have the last laugh though as someone traded in their PS3 version of the Loot Chest edition w/Steelbook so now my 360 copy is housed in that! :)

[quote name='MSUHitman']Amen. Still blows my mind this didn't sell as well with the amount of extras included, games inside being secondary. Yet everyone blew their minds over Borderlands 2 Loot Chest.

I have the last laugh though as someone traded in their PS3 version of the Loot Chest edition w/Steelbook so now my 360 copy is housed in that! :)[/QUOTE]
Didn't you make this comparison last time this CE was on BBY DoTD?
I guess you are still bothered by the fact that the ULCE was more desirable :lol:

Even at $70, I still can't justify purchasing one of these.

Wasn't really impressed with the statue when I saw it in person and I don't really need the CD disks or blu rays.

Just keep in mind you are really only getting TWO games on discs the rest of the games are DLC CODES! That's why I passed personally.

I'm in. I returned mine when it came out because I was thoroughly disappointed. For less than half off, I'll bite.

[quote name='IamPro']I kind of want to buy one and stash it away for 30 yrs lol[/QUOTE]

That's the thing about the extra content being a DLC code. Who knows if it'll be able to be downloaded in 30 years. I'm tempted. Unemployed, but tempted. I just have the feeling I won't play them, even for the nostalgic factor. I purchased a tournament stick and collectors edition of SFIV and both stayed in plastic for a couple years. Ended up selling them for a profit though.

[quote name='Slate Soda']Only 30,000 of these were made and will ever be made. Might wanna factor that in with deciding to purchase this, guys.[/QUOTE]

Thats actually a lot of copies.

[quote name='TommyLove']I'll wait till it's $20-40 dollars.[/QUOTE]

Same here.

Just kidding, I don't know if it should be mentioned but Gamestop has them both for 99.99 for anyone still on the fence about the PS3 version and they're offering50% extra trade in as well, took some games up there the other day and snagged it, the whole package is pretty decent and while there are only 2 physical games you get SF2 in HD and 3 and the whole alpha series and All the stuff for SF4 and SFxT it is a well put together package IMO but I'd prolly be singing a different tune if I saw 100-150 go out of my checking account directly.

I'd seriously consider this if I hadn't bought the Street Fighter X Tekken collector's edition the other day. It's really hard to justify this when I have all the games already.

I'd be all over this if it was the ps3 one. I bought it at launch for 150 but mine came so fucked up I had to return it. The main felt box thing had ridges and tears in it. Returned it and just said fuck it. The statue is pretty lame, too. The sf4 ce with ryu, now that's a figurine.

This should have had all the games in it. I mean it is a 25th anniversary. Die hards like me picked it up. I got mine when it dropped to 99 but Imo it will get even lower because there is a lot of fluff and no substance game wise.

[quote name='TommyLove']I'll wait till it's $20-40 dollars.[/QUOTE]

Which is never. You really think this will hit $20? You got reality issues. Maybe $50 but that's it.

[quote name='oasisboy']Which is never. You really think this will hit $20? You got reality issues. Maybe $50 but that's it.[/QUOTE]

Not sure I say 19.99- 29.99 A lot of people was turned off by the dlc. The cd's were nice but game discs appeal more to the fans. IMO They will need to unload all the unsold ones.

this looked like a quick cash in and I think the fans noticed because I usually by anything street fighter related and after I read the contents I was side eyeing it.

Tempting to use my amazon credits towards this, but I already own all the games on 360. Would have bit if it was PS3.

[quote name='gepet0']Not sure I say 19.99- 29.99 A lot of people was turned off by the dlc. The cd's were nice but game discs appeal more to the fans. IMO They will need to unload all the unsold ones.

this looked like a quick cash in and I think the fans noticed because I usually by anything street fighter related and after I read the contents I was side eyeing it.[/QUOTE]

At the lowest I see this selling is $40. People will buy it at this price. To say it will hit $20 is just plain ludicrous. This is street fighter we are talking about not Ninja gaiden.

[quote name='oasisboy']At the lowest I see this selling is $40. People will buy it at this price. To say it will hit $20 is just plain ludicrous. This is street fighter we are talking about not Ninja gaiden.[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

[quote name='oasisboy']At the lowest I see this selling is $40. People will buy it at this price. To say it will hit $20 is just plain ludicrous. This is street fighter we are talking about not Ninja gaiden.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you. There is so much stuff in this ce. Maybe between $30-$40.
But mostly people would buy if it did hit $40. I got this during the BB deal of the day ($80) and used my amex halo promo so its kinda like i got it for $50.

I've been watching it on its current cycle of getting cheaper before going back up and I am pretty tempted. I've wanted it since launch. I might hold off and hope for $59.99 soon. Or I might get it today, I don't know yet.

I am not a big SF fan and I have yet to buy any of the newer SF games since there are so many it confuses the shit out of me which one to get.

Why are people preferring the PS3 version over the X360?

Does the X360 version still come with two blu-ray discs?

Thanks!

"PS3 owners will receive an extra four games as well as extra DLC. Download codes will be included for all three Street Fighter Alpha games — PSOne Classics on PSN, as well as the PSP game, Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max. Collectors will also get all the Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike Online Edition DLC.

If that wasn’t enough, PS3 gamers also get 175 PSN avatars. That’s surely a lifetime’s supply."

Also, I'm still looking for someone who wants the PS3 DLC and games to trade their 360 DLC and games with.

[quote name='MageSerge']I bit, the only game I had from the collection was Street Fighter II HD Remix.[/QUOTE]

I actually have 3 of the 4 (missing AE). I want it for the figure, box, AE, and all the DLC.

[quote name='Lemstar']"PS3 owners will receive an extra four games as well as extra DLC. Download codes will be included for all three Street Fighter Alpha games — PSOne Classics on PSN, as well as the PSP game, Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max. Collectors will also get all the Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike Online Edition DLC.

If that wasn’t enough, PS3 gamers also get 175 PSN avatars. That’s surely a lifetime’s supply."

Also, I'm still looking for someone who wants the PS3 DLC and games to trade their 360 DLC and games with.[/QUOTE]

I'll trade you when mine comes in. I already have everything on 360.

I think you add the game to cart and change the qty to 5000 or something high and it will tell you how many are left.

[quote name='Lemstar']"PS3 owners will receive an extra four games as well as extra DLC. Download codes will be included for all three Street Fighter Alpha games — PSOne Classics on PSN, as well as the PSP game, Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max. Collectors will also get all the Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike Online Edition DLC.

Also, I'm still looking for someone who wants the PS3 DLC and games to trade their 360 DLC and games with.[/QUOTE]

When does the PS3 dlc expire?

bread's done
Back