Gears of War 3: Epic Edition $49.99 at Gamestop

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#31 Johnnybeachboy

Johnnybeachboy

Need a CHEAP PS VITA

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:16 PM

The Gamestop in Wall on Route 35 has a few Epic Editions.

They actually had more editions than the water damaged one!
Got a mint interior one with a little wear on the box!

Nicest Gamestop employees there. Guy was really nice.

#32 trollape74

trollape74

Lifting and Gaming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:49 PM

Picked up mine at a Gamestop I've never been too. Since it was opened already I told the manager I should get an additional discount as a joke and he did! Took off another 10% and was a pretty nice dude.

#33 Monoxide1986

Monoxide1986

Recovering Flipper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:59 AM

Tempted to look for one, I already have a Limited Edition set from launch. I just just sell the limited edition piece and keep the statue....

#34 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:05 AM

I have never seen them in the store, do they keep all CEs in the back or something?

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

My Lowball!

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#35 fifamaniac

fifamaniac

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:38 AM

ill be picking this up in the next couple of days

#36 Captain Urahara

Captain Urahara

Praise The Sun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:52 AM

I have never seen them in the store, do they keep all CEs in the back or something?

Generally they do. I usually don't get CEs from Gamestop but I remember the Tekken Hybrid CE was locked away in a cabinet(it was thin) and the Ninja Gaiden 3 CE was locked away in the back(it was a sizable box). Due to size this will be locked away in the back and require asking an employee to go get it.

#37 DJP519

DJP519

Ready for a Vacation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:12 AM

So Plaza 35 in Wall NJ has one but it may have water damage. The manager was extremely nice on the phone so I might as well take a look. The sad part is was that it was a SEALED copy!

Remember, in the smaller stores, when their backrooms are too crowded, they sometimes store larger items inside the employee restroom in the back. So guess where that water damage likely came from. Just something to keep in mind!!

#38 Tdog987

Tdog987

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:14 AM

I picked mine up and there were 3 stacked on top of each other in the middle of the store

#39 miguelq08

miguelq08

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:27 AM

For anyone who already owns a copy of the game, it trades in for $5 ($8 for PUR pro members)

bringing the price down to $42.49/41.99 ;) made it easier for me to bite on. lol

#40 HCHecxz

HCHecxz

The Hecxzellent One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:21 AM

Hmmmm, I do own the Limited Edition copy, but I'm tempted to bite just for the Marcus Statue. Decisions.....
The Hecxz-ellent One of CAG.com

Posted Image

#41 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:26 AM

Got one, box was pristine and sealed. I don't even have a 360, yet.
Ever since I joined CAG I CANNOT stop collecting statues I don't know why.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

My Lowball!

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#42 Fukurou

Fukurou

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:28 AM

Generally they do. I usually don't get CEs from Gamestop but I remember the Tekken Hybrid CE was locked away in a cabinet(it was thin) and the Ninja Gaiden 3 CE was locked away in the back(it was a sizable box). Due to size this will be locked away in the back and require asking an employee to go get it.

Speaking of the Tekken CE, I've seen one in my store. Has that been converted to used?
The Silent Owl always gets his mark. Chapapa.

#43 Captain Urahara

Captain Urahara

Praise The Sun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:31 AM

Speaking of the Tekken CE, I've seen one in my store. Has that been converted to used?

I don't believe so. I jumped on it when it dropped to $20 for a new copy. I think it's back up to $30 right now.

#44 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:34 AM

You are right, they were in the back!

Mathematically Correct.

My Trade List

My Lowball!

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#45 Desousa93

Desousa93

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:08 AM

Picked up mine at a Gamestop I've never been too. Since it was opened already I told the manager I should get an additional discount as a joke and he did! Took off another 10% and was a pretty nice dude.

Shop wear discount ask for it.

#46 Desousa93

Desousa93

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:11 AM

For anyone who already owns a copy of the game, it trades in for $5 ($8 for PUR pro members)

bringing the price down to $42.49/41.99 ;) made it easier for me to bite on. lol

Was about to do that then I realized that I bought mine from a garage sale for 3 dollars 2 weeks or so after release. Has a nasty scratch but with an install from my friends disc it worked great for me. The scratch is gnarly enough that it won't fly.

#47 dark_inchworm

dark_inchworm

Oyasuminasai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:08 AM

I really do want this. Really, really want this. But I've missed the CE for every Gears so far, so much to my dismay, I should probably wait to scoop them all up on ebay sometime.

... hopefully without dickheads yanking the statues out.

Looking to sell codes for The Gunstringer and Fruit Ninja Kinect, together or separately. Message me with your offer.

Stream KMFDM's new album KUNST in its entirety here!

#48 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:12 AM

Epic. (Yeah I know I didn't clip the gun right, I am adjusting it...slowly as to not break the gun. After that it will go up in the glass cabinet, which I have to make a room for it now)
Spoiler

Mathematically Correct.

My Trade List

My Lowball!

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#49 dsullo

dsullo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:30 PM

Got mine last night , the guys at the store were jealous that I grabbed the last one. The Figure is awesome, I have it next to my Max Payne figure. Sweet

#50 Johnnybeachboy

Johnnybeachboy

Need a CHEAP PS VITA

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:30 PM

For once the box wasn't beat to hell.

Just a dent on the edge and a little surface wear.

#51 imthebongo

imthebongo

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:41 PM

In for one tx

#52 CAGkrazy

CAGkrazy

Posted 23 February 2013 - 04:37 AM

I got mine at my local store. Its sealed so if ever something happens within the next month, ill try and do a return and rebuy. Im a regular at that store so i dont think it would be a problem right? I mean i do have the right to return and get refunded within 30 days if a purchase is still sealed right?

#53 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 04:42 AM

^I don't see why not.

Mathematically Correct.

My Trade List

My Lowball!

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#54 Nightfury

Nightfury

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 04:59 AM

Picked up the one my local GS had on the shelf for a long time (maybe since the game came out). Opened and displayed the statue and redeemed the codes. :)

#55 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 05:04 AM

I got mine at my local store. Its sealed so if ever something happens within the next month, ill try and do a return and rebuy. Im a regular at that store so i dont think it would be a problem right? I mean i do have the right to return and get refunded within 30 days if a purchase is still sealed right?

Yeah they won't give you crap as long as it's sealed.

That's a great idea actually. Since GoW: Judgment comes out in less than 30 days there's a chance the GoW 3: EE gets converted to used which would make it cost $15 (assuming the used price holds at the time of conversion). On the other hand, GoW: J doesn't have a CE so who knows how long it'll take for the conversion to occur.

Now playing:

:ps4: Destiny
:ps3: God of War: Ascension

:360: The Walking Dead Season Two: Episode 3

#56 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 06:55 AM

Yeah they won't give you crap as long as it's sealed.

That's a great idea actually. Since GoW: Judgment comes out in less than 30 days there's a chance the GoW 3: EE gets converted to used which would make it cost $15 (assuming the used price holds at the time of conversion). On the other hand, GoW: J doesn't have a CE so who knows how long it'll take for the conversion to occur.

Why would they care if you are immediately buying it back?
I never done this before, just wondering.

And those are slowly disappearing at the $50 price it seems. Don't know if it will make it to the conversion.

Mathematically Correct.

My Trade List

My Lowball!

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#57 coolrust

coolrust

Kupalizm Mode

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 06:59 AM

its been a while since they converted a collector exition game. i think it was the mk. maybe they got wiser to just lower the price the other ce. just my 2 cents

#58 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 07:37 AM

Why would they care if you are immediately buying it back?
I never done this before, just wondering.

And those are slowly disappearing at the $50 price it seems. Don't know if it will make it to the conversion.

Somebody with more inside GS knowledge can correct me here but the way it's been explained to me is that since they don't do any PM's at all they require returns/rebuys to be for sealed products. An opened product wouldn't be eligible for a return despite your intention to rebuy. The stores I've done this at have all required me to bring in the product sealed. A simple receipt without the product isn't following the returns process properly.

Just another reason why I prefer to shop at BB than GS. BB never required me to have the product on hand in doing a return/rebuy.

its been a while since they converted a collector exition game. i think it was the mk. maybe they got wiser to just lower the price the other ce. just my 2 cents

They converted the Borderlands 2 ULCE to the used price months ago. I'd bet there's probably a few that went under our radar since then.

Edited by Donut2922, 23 February 2013 - 09:15 AM.

Now playing:

:ps4: Destiny
:ps3: God of War: Ascension

:360: The Walking Dead Season Two: Episode 3

#59 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:04 AM

The converted the Borderlands ULCE to the used price months ago. I'd bet there's probably a few that went under our radar since then.

I thought that was a myth....

Mathematically Correct.

My Trade List

My Lowball!

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#60 Desousa93

Desousa93

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:47 AM

Epic. (Yeah I know I didn't clip the gun right, I am adjusting it...slowly as to not break the gun. After that it will go up in the glass cabinet, which I have to make a room for it now)

Spoiler

I just used the instructions on the packaging, suppressor first then stock. I caved bought one, but my GS is having a moving sale so it was 25% off :whee: Box was sealed in good condition the edition is truly Epic.
37.50 is a great price and it might not drop lower before they evaporate. If they get converted I will buy 3 give one to a friend, one to my kids (which don't exist yet), and keep the other new in box with open Marcus atop it.