Photo
- - - - -

Dead Space 3 $40 @ GS

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#31 jut22

jut22

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:14 PM

fyi Dead Space 3 is back up to $60 at Gamestop.

#32 Wint3rSoldier

Wint3rSoldier

Put it in ur Mouf

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:19 PM

fyi dead space 3 is back up to $60 at gamestop.

noooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IamMedellin.pngcard.png

#33 gotdott

gotdott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:28 PM

Yeah well at least we got Dead Space 3. That's the bright side.
But this is definitely the worst of the series outside of the Co-Op, I was pretty happy to have Co-Op in the end.
Hope the DLC is good and short. DS2 DLC was ultra short but I enjoyed those two chapters.
Not sure which is my favorite? DS2 or DS1? The first level in DS2... just breath taking by itself.

I think it essentially boils down to whichever you played first because of that initial immersion. Once you've become familiar with the necromorphs and the story's tendencies it will obviously not feel the same as your first playthrough.

This third installment however, definitely does not offer any of that because of the human enemies in the beginning, the many set pieces, and the immediate rush down by hordes of necromorphs. There's no buildup and it's just not Dead Space, at least until everything calms down a few hours in.

#34 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:18 AM

Don't buy DS3 if you want local co-op, that is the only reason I bought it before it hit 10. It has no local and No system link, what is that bullshit?

so its like the other two dead space games? the problem being then....???

but i know whats happened here....dead space went from odd out of nowhere title that fans loved to EA putting out two more sequels so it is popular and thus people hate it for the most random of reasons like no local co-op despite that was never a feature in the series before and would undoubtedly take away from the experience.

#35 The Carrot Cake Kid

The Carrot Cake Kid

Luvs Creamy Frosting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:32 AM

Played the demo and wasn't impressed but still picked it up because the $30 gohastings deal was too good to pass up.

Halfway through I'd say its better than expected but it's not as good as the previous games.

#36 strawyleader997

strawyleader997

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:45 AM

Bought this 2 days ago and it's pretty good so far(still haven't beat 1 or 2 yet).