Photo
- - - - -

Target Ad 3/3-3/9 - Tomb Raider (with Exclusive Steelbook Case) $59.99

• Please log in to reply
289 replies to this topic

#121 zyk

zyk

Posted 03 March 2013 - 07:30 PM

I've never had a steelbook case, but this one looks pretty good. Might have to get my first one

#122 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 07:41 PM

people like to buy steelbooks because it is 100% guaranteed they won't be reprinted.

#123 sephiroth61787

sephiroth61787

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:32 PM

I kind of like the European steelbook better....but this one *might* be easier to get (although it's G1). Decisions, decisions.

#124 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:34 PM

wait wait wait
is the ps3 version in a g1 case?
...even though the game is in the case?

edit: wtf
might grab a 360 version for a collectible to keep wrapped
square enix games have been dropping like a rock
i guess i'll just wait

edit:
i'm kind of disgusted that the best ps3 steelbooks i've gotten are for the call of duties
really thought metal gear rising and this would help change that
i bet they save like 3-4 cents each manufacturing one size

#125 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:51 PM

man, i just hope the specific target I am heading to on release date actually has the game, LOl. i do not want to waste time, and go on a wild witch hunt.

#126 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 01:32 AM

people like to buy steelbooks because it is 100% guaranteed they won't be reprinted.

Not really true. EU got a bunch of reprints, BBY gets a bunch of reprints, etc.

I don't consider myself a steelbook collector, cause I almost never buy something just for the steelbook. I buy the steelbook version if there is one. But I like them just cause the artwork is usually nicer, and covers a larger area, and often continues front to spine to back.

#127 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:20 AM

Not really true. EU got a bunch of reprints, BBY gets a bunch of reprints, etc.

I don't consider myself a steelbook collector, cause I almost never buy something just for the steelbook. I buy the steelbook version if there is one. But I like them just cause the artwork is usually nicer, and covers a larger area, and often continues front to spine to back.

We're talking video games here not blu's. Please reference one video game that came in a steelbook that was reprinted (game and steelbook).

#128 Jrod87

Jrod87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:44 AM

I think I'll just grab the 360 version at Target. I prefer the PS3 but that G1 case will irritate my OCD to no end.

#129 SlaughterX

SlaughterX

Teh Killer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:57 AM

Sucks the PC version doesn't have a physical copy... but I can't complain, $33 + a $5 gift card from Amazon, I am sure I could buy the case for the difference if I really wanted.
"Member of the most player hated race who made this invaded place and stayed it with a straight face..." - MF DOOM

#130 zerobscure

zerobscure

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:34 PM

I don't know if this is new information, but I just checked Target's website and they are calling this simple steelcased release as the "Tomb Raider: The Final Hours Edition"

Kinda hope it has the same OR some of the goodies (DLCs) as the one in the "TR Comparison Thread"

http://weeklyad.targ...7757?method=GET

#131 BrandonJF

BrandonJF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:23 PM

I don't know if this is new information, but I just checked Target's website and they are calling this simple steelcased release as the "Tomb Raider: The Final Hours Edition"

That is very strange given that the "Final Hours Edition" is supposed to be an Amazon.com exclusive and appears to be titled "Final Hours Edition" because it includes "The Final Hours of Tomb Raider" digital copy for the Kindle Fire.

#132 Richlough

Richlough

Posted 04 March 2013 - 05:57 PM

Are Target pre-order gift cards instantly redeemable after you pick up your game ? I'd like to usemine towards Wreck-It-Ralph .

card.pngl1.gif

#133 jr1016

jr1016

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:11 PM

Are Target pre-order gift cards instantly redeemable after you pick up your game ? I'd like to usemine towards Wreck-It-Ralph .

It should be, last time I preordered 2 Pokemon games and I was able to use the 1st GC for the 2nd copy right away.

#134 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:21 PM

Shit. I didn't know there was a pre-order bonus from Target! I'm guessing buying it tomorrow won't come with the $5, eh?

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#135 dino88

dino88

Fa Fa Fo Hi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:26 PM

Shit. I didn't know there was a pre-order bonus from Target! I'm guessing buying it tomorrow won't come with the $5, eh?

All their pre-orders (well, at least the ones they have cards for) come with a $5 gift card, but they remove the cards a week before release.

#136 Serpentor

Serpentor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:19 PM

So, it's confirmed right? G1 case for both PS3 and Xbox?

#137 Serpentor

Serpentor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:35 PM

I just asked him to join our site here so you guys can ask him your questions. I believe he did say they were only G1 though.

There goes the confirmation sort of... It's G1... So, no thanks!

#138 Raven6009

Raven6009

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:09 PM

Great idea. $19.99 - $7 coupon - $5 gift card = $7.99 \\:D/
Posted Image

#139 diishen

diishen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:22 PM

Great idea. $19.99 - $7 coupon - $5 gift card = $7.99 \\:D/

nice, I like that idea! where do you get the $7 coupon though?
Posted Image

#140 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:25 PM

Scott (as in Tissues/Toilet Paper) has a $7 off coupon available. They've apparently taken over providing the coupons for upcoming Disney Blu-ray releases.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Just Cause 2; Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [8/28]: :vita: Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time (4/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#141 Raven6009

Raven6009

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:34 AM

http://www.scottbran...neywreckitralph
Posted Image

#142 AzGoat

AzGoat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:36 AM

do you guys think target will carry the Tomb Raider: Collector's Edition ???

#143 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:26 AM

Kinda hope it has the same OR some of the goodies (DLCs) as the one in the "TR Comparison Thread"

http://weeklyad.targ...7757?method=GET

Ugh - Gonna hit Target first to see if DPCI is the same. Gonna ask for regular and steel book to look up DPCI's.

xivpads.png

#144 jcmeadows

jcmeadows

Even I'm embarrassed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:42 AM

Buddy of mine still works at the target that I use to work at and he said they only got 6 of each. I have a bad feeling this one may be hard to get around here.

Check out our site! The Gamers Lounge

#145 Dirty

Dirty

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:40 AM

Ugh - Gonna hit Target first to see if DPCI is the same. Gonna ask for regular and steel book to look up DPCI's.

Well, if my store is any indication, we're only getting steelbooks for day 1. There were no standard copies. Also, if you click through to the item details on that weekly ad, it just takes you to the page for the regular version.

I did a search in our PDA system, and there are no other versions listed. When the regular version comes in, it's going to be the same DPCI.

#146 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:01 AM

http://www.scottbran...neywreckitralph

Goddamn that's a lot of shit to go through to get coupons but I did it. $18 plus tax after my 2 $25 birthday gift cards for TR and Wreck It Ralph is nice .

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
42869.png

#147 Mr. Universe

Mr. Universe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:26 AM

Definitely going to my local Target first thing in the morning. Buddy of mine said the steel cases will be first come first serve. Glad I cancelled my Gamestop pre-order for this case

#148 PhQTwo

PhQTwo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:12 PM

Just picked up a copy and my Target only had 5 SB's each for the 360 and PS3. They also stated that more than likely they will not get any more of the SB's after the initial shipment, of couse take that for what its worth...

#149 ShadowX

ShadowX

Tiny Little Robots

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:15 PM

I just picked up a copy of Tomb Raider. As previously discussed in this thread, the Steelbook is G1. My target had a total of six copies (3 Xbox, 3 PS3). If you plan on getting one, I strongly suggest to get it asap.

#150 joshnorm

joshnorm

Hey, Wha Happen..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:37 PM

In a off the beaten path Target (Culpeper VA) got 9 in for each system. As of 833 I was the 3rd person who got one for the :360: again if you are wanting one go early otherwise you might be short.